The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #26
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man v.2 - Part 3

Dan... please answer my PM... I'm also sending you a copy of that Volume - The Amazing Spider-Man CD...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 07-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #27
Dan_Slott
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Dan... please answer my PM... I'm also sending you a copy of that Volume - The Amazing Spider-Man CD...

Are you sure you've sent me something? I don't usually check my PMs. But the last one in my inbox is dated January. :-/

Old 07-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #28
Themanofbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
Are you sure you've sent me something? I don't usually check my PMs. But the last one in my inbox is dated January. :-/
I'll resend it...

... and it was dated in January...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Last edited by Themanofbat; 07-01-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #29
Spider Edge
Side-Kick

soo.....haven't been following the Spidey comics in a long time.......

is the marriage still dissolved?

and, who's the new Scarlet Spider?

Old 07-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #30
Spider-Nerd
Bring on the pressure

Marriage never happened and kaine is the new scarlet spider.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #31
Spider Edge
Side-Kick

hey, thanks.

kind of sad the marriage is still gone..........

Old 07-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #32
Will Nolte
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Edge View Post
hey, thanks.

kind of sad the marriage is still gone..........
Preaching to the choir...

The new Venom is Flash Thompson btw...

Old 07-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #33
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

And everybody totally loves Carlie Cooper. You should jump on board.

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #34
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Enter sarcasm

But no, the marriage is still disolved and the book, in my opinion, is still lacking due to it. Kaine as Scarlet Spider I hear is good though and Flash as Venom has been pretty awesome from what I read of it.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #35
SpideyInATree
Never Go Full Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
Read the story first.
It just wouldn't be a comic book message board without judgmental posters who still are angry about a story that happened almost 5 years ago. Some who are still mad about something that happened almost 10 years ago...and then the rare few that still are mad about something that happened 20 years ago.

http://www.glitchpoint.com

Check out their song Ignition
Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #36
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyInATree View Post
It just wouldn't be a comic book message board without judgmental posters who still are angry about a story that happened almost 5 years ago. Some who are still mad about something that happened almost 10 years ago...and then the rare few that still are mad about something that happened 20 years ago.
It's really more about him plain old hating an old story then hatin' on things that haven't been released yet and things we really don't know details about.

Peeps just looooooooooove hatin'.

It's the same kind of insanity that goes on 24/7 at the TDKR boards.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #37
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

The problem with "read the story first" is that we must BUY the comics to read them. If we don't like them, therefor allowing us to complain, what does Marvel care by that point? They already got our money and will call the book a success whether we like it or not! And we're the stooges for actually caving and supporting what we questioned in the first place (OMD is the big example for me, AvX is another).

It's a lose/lose for a fan if the story ends up being a waste of money. Well, unless you download it, then the tables are turned and Marvel seems to not like that as much (understandably).

Not to be argumentive, and no offense to Dan, but I always hate comments like that. It's like when writers or editors tell fans who are upset at a story direction to "give it a chance." How about they send me a year's worth for free so I can "give it a chance." Or better yet, drop the prices so "giving it a chance" is actually affordable. I would actually really like to give this Alpha plot a chance since the idea of Spidey having a sidekick really appeals to me. Sadly, at $8 a month, I won't be able to afford it.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and

Last edited by JewishHobbit; 07-13-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #38
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

There's a lot of truth to that JH but in this day and age of the internet, it's easy to read solicitations, view previews and read reviews on a website or forum like this. You can gauge whether or not the book is worth buying a lot easier than in the past.

A few months before the book actually comes out is still way to early to hate on it like that.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #39
Themanofbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
The problem with "read the story first" is that we must BUY the comics to read them.
This is basic economics 101...

Anything you own, you have to pay for it... comics are the same as going to the movies... you pay to see a movie, but there's no guarantee that you'll like it... or that new spanking 60" plasma TV... only to discover it's not quite the experiance that you shelled out all that dough for... or you get a HUGE mortgage for a beautiful home that you think you will like only to discover all kinds of problems with wiring, plumbing, crappy neighbourhood, etc...

There are no guarantees with fiction, be it novels or comic books... you can buy books based on favorite characters and/or creative teams... but it doesn't mean you'll like it... and like runaway said... it's easier NOW to see if you might like a book than it ever has been...

But biatching about the fact that you have to BUY a comic to see if you'll like it is simply ridiculous... you seriously need to find a new hobby... I seldom hear you talk about comics in a positive way...

Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #40
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
This is basic economics 101...

Anything you own, you have to pay for it... comics are the same as going to the movies... you pay to see a movie, but there's no guarantee that you'll like it... or that new spanking 60" plasma TV... only to discover it's not quite the experiance that you shelled out all that dough for... or you get a HUGE mortgage for a beautiful home that you think you will like only to discover all kinds of problems with wiring, plumbing, crappy neighbourhood, etc...
That's obvious. I wasn't stating that you SHOULDN'T have to pay for them. I stopped downloading comicbooks years ago (after a conversation with Dan actually) because I didn't want to own comics I didn't pay for. That's not my complaint. I'm happy with paying for my comics. I just don't like being "told" to buy a comic that I question from a company who overprices and overships their product just to see if my questions were justified or not. That costs too much if it ends up that I was right all along.

And again, that's just a general statement, not directed at this one specific scenerio with Dan and Dangerman.

Quote:
There are no guarantees with fiction, be it novels or comic books... you can buy books based on favorite characters and/or creative teams... but it doesn't mean you'll like it... and like runaway said... it's easier NOW to see if you might like a book than it ever has been...
Again, I agree. It's not the buying that bothers me but the "being told" to buy that bothers me. Officials can get annoyed and tell people to "give a book a chance" or "read it first then complain" but they aren't the ones being overcharged for the hobby they enjoy. All those sorts of statements do is line their pockets without any care whether the reader liked what they bought or not.

And while it's easier to see if you might like a book now than in years past you won't really know until the book comes out. Heck, I thought I'd LOVE AvX but it's turning out to be one of the crappiest stories I've read in 21 years. There's no guarentee.

Quote:
But biatching about the fact that you have to BUY a comic to see if you'll like it is simply ridiculous... you seriously need to find a new hobby... I seldom hear you talk about comics in a positive way...
I agree actually and I've been desparately trying to drop comics. I can't. 21 years worth of buying and caring for the characters on the page keeps me buying. I'm very burnt out on the people behind the scenes (not necessarilly writers or artists as much as the decision makers above them) but I love the characters. I despise the idea of not reading the X-Men. I've followed them and their extended family for two decades straight. I've "known" them longer than I've known my wife, my kids, half my siblings, or any of my friends. Comicbook characters, and X-Men specifically, has been the one constant in my life since I was 10 years old and while I hate how Marvel runs their business, I still love the characters. I WANT to know what's going on with them, I WANT to read their comics. I DON'T want to read what the current Marvel is doing to them. They've already destroyed Spider-Man (at least, the Spider-Man that I grew up loving). I don't want to see them continue to do that with the rest of these characters.

I don't complain out of hate. I complain out of love. I love these characters and modern Marvel just stomps on them and makes them a joke. Death should matter. Marriages should matter. Characters should matter. Progression should matter. Stories and status quos and history should matter. I don't feel like the higher ups of Marvel care about those things as much as previous generations. They just want the next quick cash grab and when that's over work toward the next quick cash grab. Shock, Relaunch, Renumber, Reluanch, Event, Death, Return, Death, Return. The characters and the history that brought them to this point (on the page and those behind it) deserve better than that.

That is to say, I've at least made steps. I've dropped over half of my Marvel buying (though they made it back up with their double shipping nonsense). Even with that I've managed to drop from $130-$150/month to around $60-$90/month and I'm still trying to get that down. Post-AvX will be a big factor in that I think.

And I don't complain consistently. I praise books that deserve praise, such as W&tXM and Uncanny X-Force. As a newer reader, I think DC is doing a fantastic job with their New 52 reboot. I think the indy book Stuff of Legend is phenominal. I praise artists and writers who do a good job. It's just Marvel as a whole who frustrate me to the point of rediculousness.

Believe it or not I'm a very pleasant, positive person in everything save Marvel Comics. You guys wouldn't know that because that's all you see, but it's very sad that I can see how crappy I've become these past few years. I don't like it. I honestly wish I could just walk away from comics but I just can't.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and

Last edited by JewishHobbit; 07-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #41
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

i too am still a bit pissed that the marriage is gone. But i do enjoy that mj still knows of peter and for the most part i been happy with most stories since omd and i have enjoy slott run so far. My question is what info do we have on alpha who is coming, power set? and i wonder how long he will be sticking with spidey?

Also i really hope peter stays with horizon for the time being. I enjoy seeing him in a stable job and getting to do more with science stuff. He wasnt doing much of that yrs ago and its a area i like seeing developed more.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 07-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #42
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
i too am still a bit pissed that the marriage is gone. But i do enjoy that mj still knows of peter and for the most part i been happy with most stories since omd and i have enjoy slott run so far. My question is what info do we have on alpha who is coming, power set? and i wonder how long he will be sticking with spidey?
Not much, just that he has a similar origin to Spider-Man, that being an scientific accident. No other info on his powers or what they may be.
Quote:
Also i really hope peter stays with horizon for the time being. I enjoy seeing him in a stable job and getting to do more with science stuff. He wasnt doing much of that yrs ago and its a area i like seeing developed more.
I would enjoy it while it lasts. They've been hinting at instability for Pete at Horizon for a long time now. Jonah is trying to evict them from the city. If speculation is right and this Alpha kid is taking over for Peter and if Horizon leaves NYC, it could be the ideal situation for Pete to leave with them.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #43
Themanofbat

I'm surprised that Peter hasn't left Horizon Labs yet based on Doc Ock stealing Peter's tech ideas...

Old 07-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #44
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Peter would rather be fired than quit. He has never quit a job in his entire life (except being Spider-Man a few times )

Old 07-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #45
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I would hate to see horizon leave/peter leave nyc that is his home. Run what spec has there been on alpha?

Old 07-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #46
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Just what I've read here and around the net.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #47
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

No I was asking what was the spec you heard on alpha.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #48
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

That he's going to be introduced as Spidey's side-kick and then possibly his replacement in ASM #700.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #49
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Now that would be totally silly why the hell would marvel replace spidey who is one of there flagship guys. If anything I could see maybe him getting his own mini series/limited on going. Or get passed off to a xmen/avengers team forr more training/etc.... after peter teachs him the ins and out.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #50
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Because it hasn't been done before in this way. The details aren't clear. Pete may take this kid under his wing feeling like he can make a difference in this kid's life and help him make the right choices. Peter had to figure a lot of that out on his own. For all we know, Peter may get seriously injured in ASM #700 and Alpha may have to take up the mantle of Spider-Man to save innocents from a threat. Peter may feel it's best to let him wear the costume for a while so he can recover. Like I said, we don't know yet....

Closed Thread