Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #101
Dan_Slott
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man v.2 - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyInATree View Post
Well, thats all fine and good but the 699.1 issue could have just been put in the 104 pages that # 700 is giving us.
Not really. #699.1 is it's own thing. It spins out of an event in #699, but it is set up for the new MORBIUS title (by the new MORBIUS team).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyInATree View Post
But, hey, why do that when they can try to make some extra money off of people?
I think you'll see that ASM #700 is one very big labor of love.
A 50 page lead story by myself and Humberto Ramos.
Along with additional material including an all-new story by Spidey-legend, J.M. DeMatteis!

Old 09-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #102
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

I understand the pricing for a landmark issue like ASM 700 but now there's most likely going to be a new ASM #1 (or whatever you guys plan on calling it) one month later for 5 bucks as opposed to a normal priced ASM 701.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #103
Dan_Slott
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
I understand the pricing for a landmark issue like ASM 700 but now there's most likely going to be a new ASM #1 (or whatever you guys plan on calling it) one month later for 5 bucks as opposed to a normal priced ASM 701.
No.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #104
SpideyInATree
Never Go Full Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
Not really. #699.1 is it's own thing. It spins out of an event in #699, but it is set up for the new MORBIUS title (by the new MORBIUS team).

I think you'll see that ASM #700 is one very big labor of love.
A 50 page lead story by myself and Humberto Ramos.
Along with additional material including an all-new story by Spidey-legend, J.M. DeMatteis!
Oh I'm not going to argue that it's a labor of love. I saw everyone attached to the big 700. I'll probably try to hit my comic shop and get the Steve Ditko variant as well.

However, I'm just tired of the overpriced, double shipped, and .1 issues. I know it's not your fault as you just write the book but that's my biggest complaint with Marvel. I wished they wouldn't do that and I'd probably be getting a ton more Marvel books.

I get ASM through subscription, thanks to your suggestion, but it's just tiring to see all the double shipping.

Now we hear there is going to be a new numbering and, while nobody knows what is going to happen, I'm sure a lot of long time fans are going to be upset. Numbering doesn't bother me but if Peter dies or is "replaced" I'll lose it because if it didn't work with Ben Reilly I do NOT see it working today.

Unless it's Ben Reilly again then I'll buy 50 copies.

http://www.glitchpoint.com

Check out their song Ignition
Old 09-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #105
CantThinkOfAName
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
No.
No, huh? Hmmmm....possible renaming of the series because of events in #700?

Old 09-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #106
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Obviously Dan meant that the series is going to be cancelled and never revived.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #107
CantThinkOfAName
Side-Kick

Is this the regular cover to ASM #700 (most of them say variant)? It is really awesome. Except for the ridiculous amonts of Venom in it.

Last edited by CantThinkOfAName; 09-19-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #108
SpideyInATree
Never Go Full Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantThinkOfAName View Post
Is this the regular cover to ASM #700 (most of them say variant)? It is really awesome. Except for the ridiculous amonts of Venom in it.

Yeah, that is the regular cover. You've got the Marcos Martin variant with the creators names. You have the Ramos wraparound variant. Then you have the Steve Ditko variant, which I'm honestly thinking about getting.

http://www.glitchpoint.com

Check out their song Ignition
Old 09-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #109
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I love the Martin variant. All of those names give such a good feeling of the history behind the character. And the layout is just nifty.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #110
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

I wanna get all 4 covers...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 09-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #111
CantThinkOfAName
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
I wanna get all 4 covers...
All of them do look good

But 8 bucks each, on top of these extra .1 issues, probably not gonna happen.

Also seriously, what's with all the Venom??

Old 09-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #112
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i think ive seen that collage of spidey's forming his eye a while ago on deviant art... wonder if it was designed specifically for this, or if marvel purchased it from him?

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 AM   #113
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Yeah, I know I saw that design a long while ago too.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 09-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #114
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantThinkOfAName View Post
Also seriously, what's with all the Venom??
It's not just Venom, it's also Spidey is his black costume. Can you come up with another all black character to make the design work?

Old 09-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #115
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Obviously Dan meant that the series is going to be cancelled and never revived.
I have no idea what he meant by that. So we're supposed to believe that after ASM ends with 700, there won't be a relaunch from #1 or any launch of any book Spider-Man related?

If Alpha takes over like rumored, he won't even be attached to the Spider-Man name? That's a dangerous game to play with old fans and new fans alike. I guess we'll have all of our answers soon...

Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #116
Spider - Man
Banned User

Quote:
It's all about the new readers. Marvel doesn't give a flying f*** about the feelings of long-time readers like you and me.
Yup. Hey, let's go start our own comic company. But I hope you can draw cuz all I can do is write!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #117
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Quote:
It's not just Venom, it's also Spidey is his black costume. Can you come up with another all black character to make the design work?
Black Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Lauper
Taffy butt! You have a taffy butt!
There's treasure in that butt
I want that taffy butt!
Old 09-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #118
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
I have no idea what he meant by that. So we're supposed to believe that after ASM ends with 700, there won't be a relaunch from #1 or any launch of any book Spider-Man related?

If Alpha takes over like rumored, he won't even be attached to the Spider-Man name? That's a dangerous game to play with old fans and new fans alike. I guess we'll have all of our answers soon...
ha, that's the worst idea ever.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #119
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Well, brace yourself.....

Old 09-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #120
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I don't read it monthly. I'm just now catching up on BND stuff, and I'm halfway through the Gauntlet now. So I can always just skip those trades when I get there.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #121
Fanged-Hunter
SwiftNinjaFox

I have to say I'm not a fan of a number reboot. I didn't like it with Wolverine, I didn't like it with ASM and Spectacular, I don't like it with ASM now. If the story isn't rebooting, a number reboot isn't necessary in my opinion.

I started my comic collection with X-MEN #1 in the 90s. With that title becoming X-Men Legacy and it ending for a restart at #1, Uncanny X-Men ended, and now ASM #700 ending, I can't help but feel like perhaps I should let Marvel NOW mark the end of my comic collection. It seems somehow fitting.

I'm not particularly excited to start Uncanny Avengers, X-Men Legacy or ASM renumber starts, even if the story isn't a reboot.

I could keep tabs on the stories through graphic novels perhaps, but I just don't know. I'm still a little chapped from OMD and BND doing absolutely nothing for Spidey that couldn't have been done without the Mephisto deal erasing the marriage.

MJ is being written as a better wife to Peter now with them not dating than she was when they were written as married and that just strengthens my opinion that the marriage suffered from lazy writing more than anything else.

I've not really been a fan of the direction Peter as a person has gone since OMD, though the Spider-Man and Peter stories have been fantastic.

I just can't decide if this is the logical stopping point for my physical collection or not...

Old 09-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #122
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Marvel NOW! = Marvel so late 90s..... Reborn, relaunch , retconned ........NOW repeated

Old 09-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #123
Dan_Slott
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
i think ive seen that collage of spidey's forming his eye a while ago on deviant art... wonder if it was designed specifically for this, or if marvel purchased it from him?
Editor, Steve Wacker, really loved the piece. He looked around, found the artist, and got Marvel to purchase the rights to it from the artist.

I believe that Steve has also commissioned the artists to do more pieces like this for other Marvel comics.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:44 AM   #124
Dan_Slott
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Marvel NOW! = Marvel so late 90s..... Reborn, relaunch , retconned ........NOW repeated
If you drop the cynicism & internet snark and give Marvel NOW a fair shot, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

The core idea of Marvel NOW came from one of the creative retreats where Bendis was talking about wrapping up his AVENGERS run, Brubaker was saying the same about his CAPTAIN AMERICA run, and Hickman was reaching the planned conclusion of his FANTASTIC FOUR run. You had this strange convergence of 3 major Marvel franchises that were organically ending...
...and someone tossed out the idea what if EVERYONE switched up?!
And there was a LOT of excitement about it.

There's an energy you get as a creator-- not just when you head into a new assignment-- but when you embark on a new RUN. You get all of these wild, big, new ideas of what you would do with THIS character or with THAT team or what it would be like to work with one of your favorite comic book artists.

THAT is what Marvel NOW is about.

It's not about jumping on a book for 6 or 8 issues.
It's about some of the best guys in the industry getting ready to key up and launch the start of EPIC new RUNS of titles! I can tell you, with guys like Hickman and Bendis-- they're READY-- ready to hunker down and produce runs as big and iconic as their last runs! Hickman's plans for Avengers are JUST as detailed and broad in scope as his legendary FF run!

At the last retreat, hearing everyone map out their ideas and concepts for the next year's worth of stories, I can honestly say that I haven't heard that much raw energy in the room in ages!

If you're somebody as creative and driven as Rick Remender, and someone tells you you're writing CAPTAIN AMERICA after Ed Brubaker, you see that as a challenge! The bar's raised, you give it everything you've got, and you race towards it full tilt! You say Rick Remender's CAPTAIN AMERICA-- I'm already there! You throw in art by comic legend, John Romita Jr? Now I'm waiting for that first issue like it's the world's biggest Christmas present!

That's Marvel NOW!

This is NOT a reboot. Everything that happened in AVX happened. Everything that takes place in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700 happens. Every story you read in 2012 counts.

Yet starting with EACH new #1, books burst out of the gate with bold, NEW directions!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #125
AcidMage
Newbie First Class

Dan Slott, you are making me excited to get back into regularly buying comics, honestly (I've taken a big break because comics are pretty pricey here/not that easy to get). Can't wait to sink my teeth into what you and the others have in stall for the rest of the year and beyond!

Closed Thread