The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Worldwide Box-office predictions?
+ 300 Millions 1 5.88%
+ 400M 4 23.53%
+ 500M 7 41.18%
+ 600M 2 11.76%
+ 700M 0 0%
+ 800M 2 11.76%
900M-1 Billion 0 0%
+ 1 Billion 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #26
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Hugh Jackman as wolverine was the reason for success of X-Men Origins;wolverine.Teenage CYclops are what was Teenage Emma Fross at the time were Intended to set up the original Idea for X-Men First Class.Gambit was Included to get him Into the franchise and possably setup a solo film.Same as with Deadpool.Jackman as Wolverine
and origin of the character Is what sold the film to General public.Don't forget It might have hit 200 Million domesticly If not for the leak.

despite all negative reviews Wolverine without adjusting for Infliration still beat Captain America's domestic gross and without adjusting for Infliration Thor just barely top wolverine's gross domesticly and that was because of 3-d.

Jackman as wolverine would defently bring more attention and Increases the box office total of Days of Future Past.

This film Is most likely combining Ideas Bryan Singer had for X4 with ideas he,Matthew Vaughn,and Simon Kinberg had for first Class sequel.Fox Is calling this the biggest X-Men film yet.What event could be bigger than Combining cast of trilogys together In One film based On classic X-Men storyline with Sentinles.

There are reason they are doing Days of future past as sequel to First Class.It can be huge event film.Combining casts will cause more to pay attention to this film.
Agreed on all accounts, and yes, despite abysmal reviews, Origins woulda made well past $200 Million had the leak never happened.

The fact that it made as much as Thor without IMAX/3D plus inflation and bad reviews is a testament to the box office appeal of Hugh Jackman.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #27
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,313
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

To hype this film right FOx should do following

At Comic Con officially announce X-Men Days of future Past.Fox should have panel for both The Wolverine and It.Take a cur from 2010 COmic Con when
Joss Whedon was officially announced and gathering of major cast(except for Loki) of the Avengers.If nothing else have for days of future past have Laure Shueller Donner,a cast member returning from First Class,and a actor from first trilogy.If they were smart It would be Michael fassbender and Jackman.

Shoot on Location for set candids can be taken.A Lot of attention Is made when people see actors In costumes.Cue The Avengers and The dark Knight Rises.

Have preview fo First Class as post credit scene on The Wolverine.

Christmas 2013 release special edition Dvd/Blu-Ray for First Class.Have eather commantary by Vaughn or one by Donner and Singer.Have a featurette on reaction to First Class and Include a 10 minute behind the scenes first look on Days of future Past Including Teaser.Take a Page from X-Men 1.5 DVD that came out In late 2002.Release a new teaser In theatres In december 2012

Have a Super Bowl 2013 spot for Days of Future Past

Release full trailer for Days of future Past In February

Release a final Trailer In May

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #28
magneto23
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 376
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

The positive reaction to FC and the up and coming star power will obviously help the sequel's BO numbers. You add a couple new known/up and coming stars and maybe original trilogy actors than that would push those BO numbers even higher. But the only thing that takes this X-Men film into 500+ million territory is the marketing. They have to go balls to the wall with their promotion. And FOX can do it. Its just a question of will they. They are going to have a full year to sit on this film and promote it. Comic Con 2013 is a must. An exciting/intriguing trailer with The Hobit SHOULD BE a must. They would be be complete fools to not attach something to the last installment of the LOTR saga. A 1 minute Super Bowl spot SHOULD BE a must. How many millions watch this game? And another trailer with TAS2 along with a blitzkrieg of tv spots in June/July.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #29
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
To hype this film right FOx should do following

At Comic Con officially announce X-Men Days of future Past.Fox should have panel for both The Wolverine and It.Take a cur from 2010 COmic Con whom
Joss Whedon was officially announced and gathering of major cast(except for Loki) of the Avengers.If nothing else have for days of future past have Laure Shueller Donner,a cast member returning from First Class,and a actor from first trilogy.If they were smart It would be Michael fassbender and Jackman.

Shoot on Location for set candids can be taken.A Lot of attention Is made when people see actors In costumes.Cue The Avengers and The dark Knight Rises.

Have preview fo First Class as post credit scene on The Wolverine.

Christmas 2013 release special edition Dvd/Blu-Ray for First Class.Have eather commantary by Vaughn or one by Donner and Singer.Have a featurette on reaction to First Class and Include a 10 minute behind the scenes first look on Days of future Past Including Teaser.Take a Page from X-Men 1.5 DVD that came out In late 2002.Release a new teaser In theatres In december 2012

Have a Super Bowl 2013 spot for Days of Future Past

Release full trailer for Days of future Past In February

Release a final Trailer In May
I like all your ideas.

For me, the things the studio MUST do in order for this to work are as follows:

-Shoot on location. Real streets, real places (Texas for the assassination), real scope.

-Shoot as much as possible in IMAX & ignore 3D. Take a cue from Chris Nolan & beat him at his game. Nolan shot 1/3 of TDKR in IMAX. FOX should shoot 2/3 of DOFP in IMAX. As a statement for quality - no 3D.

-Release a trailer 10 months prior to release & not the usual 5.

-Let the stars shine. Jackman can headline as RDJ did for Avengers (hopefully he'll be Academy Award Nominee/Winner Hugh Jackman after LES MISERABLES) and Fassbender can come in at a close second, followed by Lawrence & McAvoy. Let the story revolve around those 4 but apply a central focus to the conflict between Wolverine and Magneto. Let Fassbender completely off the leash the way Nolan unleashed Ledger and let Wolverine counter that. Make the duel iconic. Have Magneto rip off Wolverine's skeleton. Make it the most emotional moment in the film & as grim & tragic as Xavier's death in X3, matched with equally compelling music.

-Push the rating. Follow what Singer did with X2 & Vaughn with First Class. This is sci-fi fantasy but people bleed & die.

-Let it breath literally (make the film long). This story is huge so give it room to operate. Another cue from Nolan and push way past 2 hours.

-Market it TREMENDOUSLY. Super Bowl, TV, SDCC, etc.


Last edited by Alexei Belyakov; 06-23-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #30
Electrix
Side-Kick
 
Electrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,569
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Make the duel iconic. Have Magneto rip off Wolverine's skeleton.
If they're following the Days of Future past storyline wouldn't Wolverine be in the future? We've no confirmation that Wolverine will have a major role in First Class 2 at all.

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #31
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 22,843
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
If they're following the Days of Future past storyline wouldn't Wolverine be in the future? We've no confirmation that Wolverine will have a major role in First Class 2 at all.
They haven't confirmed any if the cast for this outside of the FC cast, right? Outside of internet speculation, we haven't heard much of anything as to what exactly they're planning.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #32
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
If they're following the Days of Future past storyline wouldn't Wolverine be in the future? We've no confirmation that Wolverine will have a major role in First Class 2 at all.
I think its safe to say they'll give Wolverine the time traveller role & send him back to '63.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #33
magneto23
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 376
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
I like all your ideas.

For me, the things the studio MUST do in order for this to work are as follows:

-Shoot on location. Real streets, real places (Texas for the assassination), real scope.

-Shoot as much as possible in IMAX & ignore 3D. Take a cue from Chris Nolan & beat him at his game. Nolan shot 1/3 of TDKR in IMAX. FOX should shoot 2/3 of DOFP in IMAX. As a statement for quality - no 3D.

-Release a trailer 10 months prior to release & not the usual 5.

-Let the stars shine. Jackman can headline as RDJ did for Avengers (hopefully he'll be Academy Award Nominee/Winner Hugh Jackman after LES MISERABLES) and Fassbender can come in at a close second, followed by Lawrence & McAvoy. Let the story revolve around those 4 but apply a central focus to the conflict between Wolverine and Magneto. Let Fassbender completely off the leash the way Nolan unleashed Ledger and let Wolverine counter that. Make the duel iconic. Have Magneto rip off Wolverine's skeleton. Make it the most emotional moment in the film & as grim & tragic as Xavier's death in X3, matched with equally compelling music.

-Push the rating. Follow what Singer did with X2 & Vaughn with First Class. This is sci-fi fantasy but people bleed & die.

-Let it breath literally (make the film long). This story is huge so give it room to operate. Another cue from Nolan and push way past 2 hours.

-Market it TREMENDOUSLY. Super Bowl, TV, SDCC, etc.
So the only way this film "works" is if Jackman stands out the most and it becomes Wolverine vs Magneto? As opposed to Prof X vs Magneto? You think people are truly looking forward to having Wolverine shoved down their throats AGAIN? I think it would be a detrment to the overall success of the film if Jackman/Wolverine is front and center.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #34
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
So the only way this film "works" is if Jackman stands out the most and it becomes Wolverine vs Magneto? As opposed to Prof X vs Magneto? You think people are truly looking forward to having Wolverine shoved down their throats AGAIN? I think it would be a detrment to the overall success of the film if Jackman/Wolverine is front and center.
I strongly disagree with you as does the GA.

The GA isn't tired of Wolverine. They cheered his cameo in First Class & would love to see him in an X-Men film again in a much larger capacity.

This whole "We're tired of Wolverine" sentiment here on these boards is microscopic & has absolutely no bearing on the studio's decisions regarding the franchise (thank God).

First Class despite great reviews did not perform very well at the BO. Origins despite horrific reviews did great.

Its the same argument with IM2. Bad movie, but it made tons of cash.

That's star power. RDJ has it, and so does Jackman.

A Jackman-headlined DOFP will make ALOT more cash than one without him. Not to mention, the guy's fantastic in the role so I (nor the GA) will feel he's being "shoved down our throats".

We'll gladly digest him.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #35
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
So the only way this film "works" is if Jackman stands out the most and it becomes Wolverine vs Magneto? As opposed to Prof X vs Magneto? You think people are truly looking forward to having Wolverine shoved down their throats AGAIN? I think it would be a detrment to the overall success of the film if Jackman/Wolverine is front and center.
Finally someone says Wolverine isnt needed at all in this new trilogy, or whatever Fox plans for this new cast.

Wolverine has been in ALL the x-men movies to date....... did you read it right?... ALL!!!

And he has another Wolverine movie next year. Its too much.

The First Class franchise doesnt need Wolverine. He had a cameo in First Class, that's more than enough.

Days of Future past is a great plot, but its not the right moment. They can do that 3 years later, if want it.

Right now the First Class cast need more development, at least with only one sequel.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #36
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Finally someone says Wolverine isnt needed at all in this new trilogy, or whatever Fox plans for this new cast.

Wolverine has been in ALL the x-men movies to date....... did you read it right?... ALL!!!

And he has another Wolverine movie next year. Its too much.

The First Class franchise doesnt need Wolverine. He had a cameo in First Class, that's more than enough.

Days of Future past is a great plot, but its not the right moment. They can do that 3 years later, if want it.

Right now the First Class cast need more development, at least with only one sequel.
Not the right moment?

There's no such thing as a wrong moment for a studio to make boat-loads of money.

That's why FOX is doing DOFP.

They're not gonna sit around making small-scale CBMs while WB & Marvel make billions off their epic films.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #37
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,388
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine will undoubtedly help the box office. That said, there’s a difference between acknowledging the reality of situation and sounding like a complete shill.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #38
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,313
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Fox Itself has called this the biggest X-Men yet,and says they have a very ambitous summer 2014 plan for their slate.This has most time given to any X-Men film.

There are reasons they are doing Days of future Past.It presents chance for true epic.Just like Warner Brothers with Justice League(and I am betting besides Sony they are hoping the Amazing SPider-Man Is a hit so they don't have to wait several years for another Batman Film) this all Inspired by success of the Avengers.

Fox's desire to compete with Marvel can give us a true epic film.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #39
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Fox Itself has called this the biggest X-Men yet,and says they have a very ambitous summer 2014 plan for their slate.This has most time given to any X-Men film.

There are reasons they are doing Days of future Past.It presents chance for true epic.Just like Warner Brothers with Justice League(and I am betting besides Sony they are hoping the Amazing SPider-Man Is a hit so they don't have to wait several years for another Batman Film) this all Inspired by success of the Avengers.

Fox's desire to compete with Marvel can give us a true epic film.
I think TDK raised the bar as far as quality goes, but it was Whedon's film that rattled the cages regarding scope and profit margin.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #40
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
I strongly disagree with you as does the GA.

The GA isn't tired of Wolverine. They cheered his cameo in First Class & would love to see him in an X-Men film again in a much larger capacity.

This whole "We're tired of Wolverine" sentiment here on these boards is microscopic & has absolutely no bearing on the studio's decisions regarding the franchise (thank God).

First Class despite great reviews did not perform very well at the BO. Origins despite horrific reviews did great.

Its the same argument with IM2. Bad movie, but it made tons of cash.

That's star power. RDJ has it, and so does Jackman.

A Jackman-headlined DOFP will make ALOT more cash than one without him. Not to mention, the guy's fantastic in the role so I (nor the GA) will feel he's being "shoved down our throats".

We'll gladly digest him.
You mean YOU'LL gladly digest him. We get it, you love Wolverine and can't imagine an X-Men film without him. But you have to understand, most of us are tired of him being leader. SEVEN FILMS is indeed shoving him down our throats. What FC has proposed is a series of films that function without him. And the audience will love it anyway. FOX took a risk in not inviting him back for a full-fledged role in XMFC, and it worked out. Now people are more interested in seeing more of Xavier and Magneto and Mystique. It was a fresh film that broke away from the old trilogies and the Go F Yourself line felt like a great nod and a great way of bidding adieu to the character. That is the likely the last time we will see him in the FC films. As it should be.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #41
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 22,843
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Hugh Jackmanís Wolverine will undoubtedly help the box office. That said, thereís a difference between acknowledging the reality of situation and sounding like a complete shill.
Yup. I adore Hugh Jackman. I've seen him on Broadway 9 times. He wished me a happy birthday once. Wolverine is my favorite X-Men character.

But the X-Universe is a big enough universe that the franchise can, and eventually will, move on without him. And with Les Miz coming later this year, and other roles coming on film and on stage, I would imagine he's going to want to, at some point, move on from this character as well.

If Wolverine/Hugh ends up being part of this movie, I'm cool with it. He's a huge draw for the series and judging from the reactions I saw at First Class, audiences aren't all that sick of him just yet.

But I have absolutely no objection to him not being part of it at all either.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #42
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 22,843
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
You mean YOU'LL gladly digest him. We get it, you love Wolverine and can't imagine an X-Men film without him. But you have to understand, most of us are tired of him being leader. SEVEN FILMS is indeed shoving him down our throats. What FC has proposed is a series of films that function without him. And the audience will love it anyway. FOX took a risk in not inviting him back for a full-fledged role in XMFC, and it worked out. Now people are more interested in seeing more of Xavier and Magneto and Mystique. It was a fresh film that broke away from the old trilogies and the Go F Yourself line felt like a great nod and a great way of bidding adieu to the character. That is the likely the last time we will see him in the FC films. As it should be.
Technically, two of those movies were Wolverine spinoffs...you can't really claimed he was "shoved down your throat" if it was his own character's movie.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #43
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,313
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

I am confident in some form Hugh Jackman will be In X-Menays of future
Past.It might only be In future sequenze but Fox could very well have
wolverine as the Time Traveler.

Having Jackman as Wolverine will help the Box office and helps make this
as Fox has said the biggest X-Men yet.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #44
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Technically, two of those movies were Wolverine spinoffs...you can't really claimed he was "shoved down your throat" if it was his own character's movie.
But I think the fact that he has 2 of his own movies kind of emphasizes him, don't you? Very much "This is THE character you should care about, not the rest who do not get their own movie, HE is our entire franchise".

Quote:
I am confident in some form Hugh Jackman will be In X-Menays of future
Past.It might only be In future sequenze but Fox could very well have
wolverine as the Time Traveler.

Having Jackman as Wolverine will help the Box office and helps make this
as Fox has said the biggest X-Men yet.
We're really putting the cart before the horse with all this XMFC2 IS DOFP NO QUESTION talk. Absolutely nothing whatsoever has been confirmed. In addition, even if the title IS DOFP there is a solid chance that it will not utilize the same characters in the original story, and perhaps not even the same plot. I'm sure the notion of changing up this storyline will upset a lot of die-hard fanboys but honestly die-hard fans of anything will always find something to take issue with in movie adaptations. :/

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #45
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,313
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Your forgetting the fact they have been wanting to do this storyline for sometime.Fox registing the title and the comment of this being biggest X-Men ever plus all the time
they are giving the filmmakers strongly hint at doing Days of future as next full X-Men film.Plus Matthew Vaughn's mentoning last year of bringing back Patrick Stewert and Ian
Mckellan for flashforward sequenze makes more sense now.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #46
blueserenity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wild wild west
Posts: 483
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Your forgetting the fact they have been wanting to do this storyline for sometime.Fox registing the title and the comment of this being biggest X-Men ever plus all the time
they are giving the filmmakers strongly hint at doing Days of future as next full X-Men film.Plus Matthew Vaughn's mentoning last year of bringing back Patrick Stewert and Ian
Mckellan for flashforward sequenze makes more sense now.
A lot can change, and he is no longer the main writer on this flick. Until something is actually stated by cast or crew (preferably Vaughn), XMFC2 could be just about anything.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:23 AM   #47
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 22,843
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
But I think the fact that he has 2 of his own movies kind of emphasizes him, don't you? Very much "This is THE character you should care about, not the rest who do not get their own movie, HE is our entire franchise".
But you still can't say the character was shoved down anyone's throat in his own spinoff movie. That's kind of what spinoff means, you know...spunoff from the main franchise?

Pushed to the front of the entire franchise? Sure. In 7 movies? Not the two that were supposed to be his own character's movies. Why wouldn't he be pushed to the front of those?

The fact that he has his own movies at all indicates that the character was clearly popular enough with the masses in the first place, and it still made a ton of money (more than the far superior FC), even though the first movie was terrible.

He showed up in a prequel for less than a minute and got cheered, even after a couple of crappy movies. You can't argue that people still like the guy.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #48
magneto23
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 376
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
I strongly disagree with you as does the GA.

The GA isn't tired of Wolverine. They cheered his cameo in First Class & would love to see him in an X-Men film again in a much larger capacity.

This whole "We're tired of Wolverine" sentiment here on these boards is microscopic & has absolutely no bearing on the studio's decisions regarding the franchise (thank God).

First Class despite great reviews did not perform very well at the BO. Origins despite horrific reviews did great.

Its the same argument with IM2. Bad movie, but it made tons of cash.

That's star power. RDJ has it, and so does Jackman.

A Jackman-headlined DOFP will make ALOT more cash than one without him. Not to mention, the guy's fantastic in the role so I (nor the GA) will feel he's being "shoved down our throats".

We'll gladly digest him.
The GA IS going to see him in another film. Its called The Wolverine. You honestly believe the audience will want Wolverine to usurp Magneto/Xavier and make the FC sequel HIS movie? Just a year after he had his own film? You think people will want Fassbender/Lawrence/Mcavoy to take a back seat to Jackman? I don't think so. Of course Jackman will bring $ with him but the film wont NEED him to bring the $ in. A sequel would do more than fine without Jackman as a leading star.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #49
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,374
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

DOFP with Wolverine going berzerker and snikt slashing Sentinels= box office $$$. They kind of need his presence in that storyline. Otherwise they dont need him in FC. He belongs when the storys appropriate. If the original cast is being brought back the audience would be disappointed without the inclusion of him.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:40 AM   #50
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,494
Default Re: X-men Sequel worldwide BOX-OFFICE predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
You mean YOU'LL gladly digest him. We get it, you love Wolverine and can't imagine an X-Men film without him. But you have to understand, most of us are tired of him being leader. SEVEN FILMS is indeed shoving him down our throats. What FC has proposed is a series of films that function without him. And the audience will love it anyway. FOX took a risk in not inviting him back for a full-fledged role in XMFC, and it worked out. Now people are more interested in seeing more of Xavier and Magneto and Mystique. It was a fresh film that broke away from the old trilogies and the Go F Yourself line felt like a great nod and a great way of bidding adieu to the character. That is the likely the last time we will see him in the FC films. As it should be.
As it should be?

Do you read X-Men comics?

Because never in the last 38 years did Wolverine suddenly disappear from the books over people feeling FIVE HUNDRED ISSUES of him were "being shoved down their throats".

X-Men comics without Wolverine just don't work (the book was cancelled prior to his arrival). There's a reason he's the most popular & beloved character in the X-Men mythos.

FOX tried to do a non-Wolverine film that whilst very effective didn't bring in the numbers they hoped it would - which consolidates one thing: The GA isn't ready for a Wolverine-less X-Men universe (nor should they ever be).

Its like wanting an Avengers movie without Cap or a JLA film without Superman. Not only does it hurt the film financially, but it goes against the lore.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.