The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works?

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
I'm pretty sure neither were involved with the 1987 cartoon. Laird wasn't involved with NM, since the two creators had a pretty massive falling out before then. Laird was, however, heavily involved in the 2000s era cartoon that was pretty good.
Oh, I see. I didn't know when they went their separate ways. I read they didn't like Bepop and Rocksteady, so that's why they weren't in the second film. I wasn't sure if that was just something they didn't like about the cartoon and thus didn't have it in the film.

I know Laird was involved with the 2k3 toon and it that's why it turned out well. I still feel it and the first film are a good template of what can be done with the new film as far as tone goes. TMNT seemed to try to do that. I stopped watching early on with Fast Foward. Don't know how it ended up. Same with Back to the Sewer.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 03-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Mindreaper21
It's Harvest Time

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

TMNT deserves it's own forum. This is too huge for just a couple of threads.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 03-22-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
I know Laird was involved with the 2k3 toon and it that's why it turned out well. I still feel it and the first film are a good template of what can be done with the new film as far as tone goes. TMNT seemed to try to do that. I stopped watching early on with Fast Foward. Don't know how it ended up. Same with Back to the Sewer.
I think TMNT was a GREAT movie. Second best incarnation of the Turtles in film or TV, IMO. Unfortunately it suffered from being made by an unknown animation studio and a new villain no one had ever heard of.

But IMO it does the best job of making the Turtles their own. In the original film, Donnie was a bit too much like Mikey, and Leo was insufferable at times. But TMNT did them all perfectly.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 2

I hated TMNT's animation but that's just me. It was okay though the story could have go down a different direction.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
bullets
bang bang

I think it's should have it's own section

Fans should also be vocal if they have a valid concern. Last time fans were vocal , Michael Bay removed the twins from Transformers 3 , I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
I really hope Casey Jones shows up. Him and Ralph were always my favorites.
At some point they definitely need to bring in Casey Jones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
Sign a petition or something or stop watching movies if you hate feeling like a "sucker".
You would have to get a lot of people to do that for it to truly work. I think the script probably revolves so much around their space origin that they would have to scrap everything. What are the chances they would do that?

Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
Project862006
Banned User

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Creator Kevin Eastman Praises Michael Bay's Vision

Quote:
Kevin Eastman - "Hey Guys, Sorry to have been away for so long--completely swamped with work--but it is some pretty exciting stuff. I had been invited to check out the TMNT film development by my friend Scott Mednick over the years, and a while back had a full look behind the curtian at what writers Appelbaum and Nemec, director Liebesman, and producer Bay are doing--and trust me--it IS AWESOME. I'm officially on board, and will share more as I'm allowed... thanks all!"

Old 03-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I hated TMNT's animation but that's just me. It was okay though the story could have go down a different direction.
It didn't have the polish of Pixar, that's for sure. But I'd rank it close to some of Dreamworks' stuff from the time.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Creator Kevin Eastman Praises Michael Bay's Vision
I posted that a few hours ago.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I think TMNT was a GREAT movie. Second best incarnation of the Turtles in film or TV, IMO. Unfortunately it suffered from being made by an unknown animation studio and a new villain no one had ever heard of.

But IMO it does the best job of making the Turtles their own. In the original film, Donnie was a bit too much like Mikey, and Leo was insufferable at times. But TMNT did them all perfectly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I liked it it a lot. I thought it would've been better to have used some other villian or one who truly was one. I liked the animation, but saw it would've been great if they had a bigger budget. I liked the turtle designs and how each one was slightly different like Raph having the biggest muscles or Leo standing a little bit taller than the rest. Same with their faces. The humans were ok. I really loved that they got actual voice actors for the turtles at least. Didn't see much need for "celebs" or whatever as the humans.

Plus, they gave us this...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 03-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Plus, they gave us this...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
In all honesty one of my favorite scenes ever.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #13
Frodo
Side-Kick

And Laird was a bit snarky about it ,so I guess both sides I have something.Lol.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

That comment by Eastman also solidifies that Liebesman did get the job and is already past "final negotiations" as I and others suspected.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
Carnage27
No one's puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
And Laird was a bit snarky about it ,so I guess both sides I have something.Lol.
Laird has been snarky ever since Paramount/Nickelodeon acquired the property.

But on the same token, Eastman is actively involved with the property at this point with the comics, so he's not the most unbiased source. Though I do hope he's being sincere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
That comment by Eastman also solidifies that Liebesman did get the job and is already past "final negotiations" as I and others suspected.
Yea. I don't think he's a terrible choice. Far from my number 1 choice. But he's not terrible.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
bullets
bang bang

Quote:

I was surprised how well the cgi looked in TMNT (2007). I think it would of been cool to see a sequel to that even though I'm glad they are returning to live action.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #17
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
I was surprised how well the cgi looked in TMNT (2007). I think it would of been cool to see a sequel to that even though I'm glad they are returning to live action.
It was such a great scene. The close up on their eyes before the fight is my favorite part.

I too wanted a sequel and the hint of Karai being Shredder was nice. Well, I think that was the hint anyway.

"

Old 03-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #18
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

The Turtles have evolved a lot since the early comics. Hell, what made them world famous was the eighties cartoon, followed by the nineties movie. So, obviously the creators, created them, but a lot of the franchise's success is the work of other people as well.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #19
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Laird has been snarky ever since Paramount/Nickelodeon acquired the property.

But on the same token, Eastman is actively involved with the property at this point with the comics, so he's not the most unbiased source. Though I do hope he's being sincere.

Yea. I don't think he's a terrible choice. Far from my number 1 choice. But he's not terrible.

According to collider.com, a site that I really like, they heard its way better than the first 'Clash'.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

love, love, LOVED the TMNT animated movie. absolutely love the set up of the tention between raph and leo and the pay off of the fight. the action is top class and I even liked the chessy plot of finding the 12 beasts. I love this far more than I liked the original live action movie but the turtles move and fight like I imagine them to move and fight

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

'THAT' is how I imagine the turtles to move and only the animated movie has given me what I want

Last edited by spider-neil; 03-22-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:58 PM   #21
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

I also really enjoyed TMNT 07. I thought it was a very well done movie and was pleasantly surprised by it.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #22
camp Blood
For your health!

i wonder if bay had registration to his forum turned off because people were criticizing him

the new tmnt was ok but not as good as the old live action film. i enjoyed the conflict between leo and raph

http://www.zazzle.com/toxicavenger/tshirts

Old 03-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
Blue Sugar
Banned User

Personally I didn't like TMNT all that much.

And yeah Turtles definitely deserves their own forum here.

Last edited by Morg; 03-22-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #24
Vaibow
Side-Kick

What if scientists extract 4 eggs from an Alien planet.. They hatch into 'normal' turtles!! Only to show human qualities as they rapidly excel!!? Something goes wrong at labs, they get set free, an old ninja looks after them and guides them? Splinter is human! but is known as a 'rat' as a bit of a bum living rough! He has a beard, long hair pony tail, kinda whiskers in his beard! He has history with shredder and the foot clan? That I could accept!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #25
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

You know what bothers me about a lot of the art posted in the precursor to this thread? Most of it is just convoluted, amped up, 'roid freak versions of TMNT characters because that's what all the Red Bull swilling freaks are into. Same with the attempts at "realistic" portrayals of the Turtles. Why? It takes away from the charm of them IMO.

Closed Thread