The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 02-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
the last son
Side-Kick

Default Don't Ever Adapt Comic Stories To Big Screen

Basically what the title says. Themes and origins are fine but never the actual stories. I saw people suggesting death in the family movie. No thank you. Why would I want to see something where I know what happens on film? Books should take very little bits and pieces from source material just to get a running start and be entirely original from there. So far comic movies have done a good job of doing just that except for marvel who in their origin movies take little to zero fresh ideas. Keep it up.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: Don't Ever Adapt Comic Stories To Big Screen

so you are against graphic novel adaptions?

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
James
Built from Lego

I don't know. If it's going to make for a good movie, I don't see the harm. Reasoning that a few comic book readers already know what's going to happen is silly, far more people know what's going happen in almost any film based off a novel. The vast majority of movie goers are going to have no idea, and that's ultimately who the films are trying to appeal to.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
Squaremaster316
Side-Kick

I hope it does get made, frame by frame like Sin City, just so anyone who makes the stupid "it must be precisely like the comics or it sucks" statements can eat crow.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaremaster316 View Post

I hope it does get made, frame by frame like Sin City, just so anyone who makes the stupid "it must be precisely like the comics or it sucks" statements can eat crow.
Picture not showing up.

As for the OP's question.

When it comes to a comic character's origin, I want them to follow the comics incredibly close. Especially if it's the characters first ever live action film. After that, I don't mind if they grab ideas from an arrange of stories for the sequels.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Taking inspiration from certain stories is the best way, like BB with Year One, TDK with The Long Halloween, TDKR with The Dark Knight Returns.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote