The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #51
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Avatar: The Legend Of Korra - Part 2

Even if your think that Asami considered them broken up, Mako is in no way good enough for either her or Korra.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #52
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

This may have been discussed already, but why are the 'Korra' seasons only 12 episodes while 'Last Airbender' got 20?

Old 06-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #53
Liam_H
Side-Kick

As far as we know creative decision. Can't see why Nick would want to have a reduced episode order considering how successful it is. Unless they only had the budget to do 12 episodes.

Spill

Old 06-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #54
Lord
All Mighty

I think it was a creative decision, it would make no sence that they gave more budget to the original show that wasn't guaranteed to be a success, but wouldn't give as much budget to another entry in one of their most successful franchises.

I also hope that the Avatar universe doesn't end with Korra

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 06-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #55
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Finally watched the final 2 Episodes. Let me tell you, rarely have I ever experienced as many chills and goosebumps, as I did during these 45 minutes. This was beyond epic.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #56
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I keep rewatching the part at the end where Aang shows up. Goosebumps every time.

Spill

Old 06-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #57
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
I keep rewatching the part at the end where Aang shows up. Goosebumps every time.
I've watched that about 6 times already. I can't watch it enough. I just wish he flew in on Appa. I miss Appa

Old 06-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #58
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I just can't get over Tarrlok and Amon.

Damn was that murder suicide poignant. Yakone always criticized Tarrlok for being a weakling and whatnot yet he does one of the most bravest and strong willed things by killing himself and his brother to spare themselves and the world of more suffering.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 06-23-2012, 05:09 PM   #59
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

From the sounds of it, Korra was suppose to be a one-off series anyway, but even the 2nd season doesnt have a 20 episode order I believe.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #60
Liam_H
Side-Kick

14 episodes planned, as of now that is. Last I heard they were beginning to animate it with the writing and storyboards done. But no ETA of when it would air.

Spill

Old 06-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #61
Nathan

I'm looking forward to see what else they have in store for us. Amon is easily one of the most awesome villains in animation ever.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #62
Lord
All Mighty

The show was originally supposed to only have 26 episodes, seems like they're keeping that plan like they did with A:TLA only having 3 seasons, only this time i can't imagine where they'll take the story from now, are they going to be in comic con?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 06-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #63
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Looks like it'll be a while until Book 2 is ready though. They're still story boarding and animating so I figure around 6 months? Maybe even a bit longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
The show was originally supposed to only have 26 episodes, seems like they're keeping that plan like they did with A:TLA only having 3 seasons, only this time i can't imagine where they'll take the story from now, are they going to be in comic con?
They said they have more ideas for after Book 2. They seem interested in telling more stories but they said it's completely out of their grasp in terms of getting the greenlight.

It's all up to Nick.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 06-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #64
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Yes they are...

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/pos...n-here-we-come

Spill

Old 06-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #65
Lord
All Mighty

A friday the 13th huh?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #66
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
It's all up to Nick.
Then let us pray that Nick doesn't pull a Marvel. I would be ok if this show only has 2 Seasons, if that's all the creators ever planned. But if they actually have the desire and ideas for more seasons, it'd be a shame if they don't get the green light.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #67
varsas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I thought Mako/Asami made it clear enough that yeah Mako cares for her still but isnt in love with her like he is with Korra and she seemed to understand that with the kiss on the cheek. If she thought they were still together than she probably wouldve gone for the lips.
I agree, that brief talk was perfectly balanced and I was really glad Asami's characterization continued to be consistent with her accepting and, I think, forgiving him; it made the final hook up acceptable and I'm sure the Makorra fans were jumping around like maniacs! Lol.

As for Mako being good enough, aside from the naive way he dealt with the female attention, I liked the character. He is essentially a good and loyal guy with the episode where he is hunting for his brother being a distillation of his character and the reason why I like him.

Last edited by varsas; 06-23-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #68
Liam_H
Side-Kick

It seemed her story would be complete as it is now but I suspect we may get a time skip for the second season. Not as long as 70 years of course.

Spill

Old 06-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #69
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Then let us pray that Nick doesn't pull a Marvel. I would be ok if this show only has 2 Seasons, if that's all the creators ever planned. But if they actually have the desire and ideas for more seasons, it'd be a shame if they don't get the green light.

From what I gather it seems they have a good relationship with Nick. I think the ratings have been pretty darn good and there's definitely a demand so hopefully all the stars align and we get a third book.

Quote:
Old 06-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #70
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
They said they have more ideas for after Book 2. They seem interested in telling more stories but they said it's completely out of their grasp in terms of getting the greenlight.

It's all up to Nick.
Really? You have a link? It would be great if the show continued, anybody knows if the ratings of the show have been as good as the ones from the original show or in least better than most Nick shows?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #71
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Really? You have a link? It would be great if the show continued, anybody knows if the ratings of the show have been as good as the ones from the original show or in least better than most Nick shows?
Yes really.
Quote:
How many seasons do you see yourselves doing “Korra” and when will there be a decision on a third season?

Konietzko: Those aren’t really the decisions that we make. I see that with the fans too. I think they think Mike and I pick the show up and greenlight it. That’s not the way it works.

DiMartino: We have story ideas for past book two. So we will see if and when those stories come to light.
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/...ew-the-finale/

Quote:
Old 06-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #72
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
It seemed her story would be complete as it is now but I suspect we may get a time skip for the second season. Not as long as 70 years of course.
I was thinking the same, considering that Aang also had to face more than one threat during his lifetime the same will probably happen with Korra, but i don't know if that threat will appear right away or if they will make a time skip to make it more natural.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #73
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
There were two separate episodes.
I'm aware of that. They aired them like a single episode. I felt like there might be action burnout without the first half/episode.

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
Old 06-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #74
PWN3R
SHUSH!

I haven't posted in here, but I've been watching the series, and I couldn't be happier with how everything played out.

This universe is abosultely incredible. Great storytelling and emotion, I teared up (seriously) when Tarrlok committed suicide. I can't believe NICK allowed them to show that. That lends some serious hope for the possibility of Book 3. And then the ending. So beautiful.

I cannot wait until the next season.

“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

Old 06-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #75
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Really... didn't see that ending coming. In a way, anti-climatic, yet tragic, very tragic, really. Surprised they got away with it.

Actually, I'm still surprised with how much "brutality" this show can get away with. How many times do we see people get blood bended, electrocuted... just slammed into things. Really, almost every character should have died by now... but that's another story.

But it is a great show. Where they will go from here is anyone's guess.

Closed Thread