The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 10-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #251
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Isnt the difference between a possible Future and Alt timeline is that one is fixable and the other isnt? So if they go with a possible future then everything would go back to the way things are at the end of the film when they stop the assassination.
Just leave it up in the air I say. Part of what's so great about the original story is how no one, neither i the story or the reader know how things work. That in the future timeline nothing changes, but they can at least hope some other parallel universe is affected.

The time-traveling thing is like one last desperate move by the future mutants, they don't know if it will work and actually affect the world around THEM, but they have no better option.

Part of why I love the original story is the terror and sadness actually seeing the X-Men go down fighting, even if it's an alternate universe. It has such a dark and sad but noble feel to it that I love.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #252
def28
Side-Kick

Oh yeah, the storyline itself could be the most dark and exciting X men movie yet. The only reason I ask is because depending on which route they go at the end of the film it could change whats possible for future sequels. Alt timline could get them out of sticking with continuity for future films. Not the case with a changeable future.

Last edited by def28; 10-09-2012 at 12:56 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #253
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

I was bored and playing around with Sony Vegas and was made a fan trailer inspired by the tone of Days Of Future Past. Not my best work but I had fun with it

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #254
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

^ You managed to stop the entire conversation! lol

An enjoyable fan trailer, liked the music, not sure we needed to see so much destruction in the beginning (from Knowing) as DoFP isn't that catastrophic to the Earth!

Old 10-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #255
djindodbi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
I was bored and playing around with Sony Vegas and was made a fan trailer inspired by the tone of Days Of Future Past. Not my best work but I had fun with it

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Where are those wolverine in black costume clips from? Those looked awesome!

djindodbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #256
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
^ You managed to stop the entire conversation! lol

An enjoyable fan trailer, liked the music, not sure we needed to see so much destruction in the beginning (from Knowing) as DoFP isn't that catastrophic to the Earth!
Well I didn't necessarily make it as a dofp trailer, that's why I simply titled it Uncanny X-Men, like I said I was just inspired by the tone. I wanted to make a gritty trailer for an X-Men story in an alternate future, if you'll see it's like a combination of Days Of Future Past and Age Of Apocalypse. It goes hand in hand with my fanfiction I have yet to post here.

And djindodbi, the dark Wolverine footage was from the Batman VS Wolverine youtube vid

Old 10-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #257
conan69
Cimmerian

I think this film will resemble Days of Future Past about as much as TLS resembled the Dark Phoenix storyline.

Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm havent even been introduced.

The only interesting X-Men they have are Havok and Beast. Are they really going to attempt this storyline without Wolverine?

Last edited by conan69; 10-22-2012 at 06:11 PM.
conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #258
gkokujin
Side-Kick

i laugh every time i see those nuclear hulahoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #259
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan69 View Post
I think this film will resemble Days of Future Past about as much as TLS resembled the Dark Phoenix storyline.

Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm havent even been introduced.

The only interesting X-Men they have are Havok and Beast. Are they really going to attempt this storyline without Wolverine?
Hello Khaleesi,
I would bet my three dragons Wolverine will be in the movie. At least in the future scenes. They can use any interesting characters they want in the future scenes! Especially if it's an alternate timeline or something, they can bring back Cyclops, Jean any one.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:54 PM   #260
conan69
Cimmerian

Hmmm recent reports of Famke participating in Wolverines filming.

Tie in w/ this film? Maybe future Jean Grey coming back to the past to seek out teenage Jean with JG replacing Kitty Pryde in the storyline.

conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #261
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I'm starting to think we won't see any actors from the previous X-Men films cameo in this movie as the future X-Men. IF the studio gets James, Famke, Patrick, or Halle, we may just two of them and perhaps they may use make-up to enhance the current ask to cast them look older. It would be nice to see Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Banshee, Beast, Havoc together depending on who hasn't been slain, or in mutant internment camps

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #262
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, a Days of future past movie with possibly Bryan Singer directing not using actors from original movies, directed by Singer

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #263
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If as expected Bryan singer steps In as director you will defently see actors from original films.You will also see better grip of contunity.

With superman returns he mostly wanted to connect to superman.Connections to Superman II were limited.Expect him to want to connect to most his films(X-Men,X2) and keep any connections to the Last Stand very limited.

In both X-Men and X2 singer snuck In characters In cameos.It's possible that It can happen In both future scenes as well as brief appearances In past.

Fans of Xavier may be happy with singer drecting.Some reports say the Singer version of first Class would have been a bit more equal with Xavier and Magneto.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #264
Glutton
Side-Kick

There's no way this movie will underperform at the boxoffice like some say because of the release date.Not with Fassbender's & Lawrence's rising popularity.Not to mention the possibility of some of the cast from the first 3 movies showing up.

Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #265
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Here Is chat on youtube I found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NHNR...otation_159603

while they go off on tangert an Intresting rumor Is reported I hadn't heard before.

Days of future Past's past could be set In 1980's.Which could be reason why only
James Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,and Jennifer Lawrence have been confirmed to
return for first Class.Bryan Singer once talked about the sequel be taking place In 1970's or 1980's.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #266
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glutton View Post
There's no way this movie will underperform at the boxoffice like some say because of the release date.Not with Fassbender's & Lawrence's rising popularity.Not to mention the possibility of some of the cast from the first 3 movies showing up.
We'll see how parts 1 & 2 of the Hobbit go, but right now Fox would have to be out of their minds to pit XDOFP against such a huge property.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #267
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Fox didn't move It against the Hobbit.They already had a July 18 2014 date announced.
After announcement of spliting Hobbit Into 3 films they scheudled the last one against
the X-Men not the other way around.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #268
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
We'll see how parts 1 & 2 of the Hobbit go, but right now Fox would have to be out of their minds to pit XDOFP against such a huge property.
I doubt it will stay in that release date (which it secured before The Hobbit) but the release date isn't top of the list at the moment. They have to get a lot done before filming starts in the spring.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #269
bhayes
Side-Kick

i have a good idea. make ellen page the time traveler. show wolverine dying in the future just like in the comic at the hands of sentienls. since colossus and storm are around in x3 they an be resistance fighters and it cam be similar to the comic.

so ellen page travels back and meets with xavier and the team but midway thru the film ellen page convinces the team that they have to enlist wolverine to help stop the preventable event. and they get the wolverine from the first class cameo.

but the trick is this is the same "bone claws" wolverine we saw in the WWII cameo from The Wolverine.

but during the battle wolverine gets his bone claws damaged or ripped out/crushed and he ends up claw-less and he meets up with stryker and learns about adamantium. also stryker and his son jason can be introduced too.

but this 60's/70's wolverine is more bad ass and is meaner. He's the bad ass that stryker hints that he is in x2.

but ellen page and xavier convince him to help out and not be selfish.

but this is a good way to erase orgins and just have dialogue that establish the fact that the timeline is that x-men1 - the wolverine is its own timeline. similar to star trek reboot where they establish that the new timeline and old timelines are different.

and first class is its own trilogy

but that orgins is some kind of bad dream

and i think they need to establish that first class timeline is an alternate past and the xmen triliogy/the wolverine is an alternate parallel future.

bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #270
Glutton
Side-Kick

I just hope the "future" isn't set in the 80's as I've heard.At least the 90's would be acceptable

Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #271
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The future won't be 1980's.The future will be post X_Men trilogy.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #272
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The future won't be 1980's.The future will be post X_Men trilogy.
Though I'm guessing it's not that long after the X-men trilogy (and likely after The Wolverine also). Not unless they're planning to make every returning cast member look substantially older.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:06 PM   #273
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The timeframe of X-Men trilogy could be said to be mid to late 1990's.So future of Days of future past could be alternate version of sometime In the 2000's.Alternate to real world but
the actual post X-Men Trilogy and The Wolverine future If the past event that sets In motion the chain of events that lead to sentinles Isn't stopped.

Old 10-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #274
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The timeframe of X-Men trilogy could be said to be mid to late 1990's.
The first movie came out in 2000, and it starts out with "In the not too distant future".

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #275
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kornphlake View Post
The first movie came out in 2000, and it starts out with "In the not too distant future".
A scene that directly follows a 1944 flashback.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote