The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 10-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #301
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I just went and dug out my original comics that I bought at time they were first published! What a nostalgia trip..

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The future is stated to be 2013.

Kitty's mind is sent back to her past self and arrives on October 31, 1980. The assassination is set to take place that day, with the Brotherhood murdering presidential candidate Robert Kelly plus Xavier and Moira.

So the assassination led to apocalyptic Sentinel-ruled hell in 33 years.

The story also states that the Mutant Control Act was passed in 1988. Kitty also relates to the past X-Men that a 'rabid anti-mutant candidate was elected president in 1984' and the first Mutant Control Act was passed within a year.

The gravestones within the story panels itself show Charles Xavier, Scott Summers, Kurt Wagner, Warren Worthington, Hank McCoy, Bobby Drake, Lorna Dane and all of the Fantastic Four.

It states that 'of all the X-Men that there ever were, only four remain' - Wolverine, Storm, Kitty, Colossus. The other main resistance fighters with them are Franklin Richards and Rachel Summers.

Another panel in the comic shows various heroes' heads crossed out as Kitty relates her story of how not only mutants but other superbeings were wiped out. The heads shown include Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man, Vision, Doctor Doom, Black Panther, Hulk, Ghost Rider and Daredevil.
Thanks for the info. Forgot the age of Future Kitty and year it takes place. Trying to match up all the different possibilities.

Quote:
Then maybe X1-X3 are the result of the changed timeline after the event is prevented.
Yeah this is what Im kinda going back and forth on happening.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #302
Project862006
Banned User

no matter which scenario first class franchise seems on borrowed time lolol

and honestly i think more fans want more of original cast anyways

no offense

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #303
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

no offense
I definitely want to see more of the First Class versions of Magneto, Xavier, Beast, Emma, Azazel, Banshee and Havok.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #304
NanaT
X-Men United!

It might not be on borrowed time per se. They could start two parallel series. One following the FC X-Men and the other continuing the stories of the originial cast.

NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #305
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:

no offense
I think more people want the Original cast as well. I just dont see how right now that can take up the more time over the incidents that happen in the past. Thats were a majority of the film and story will probably take place.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #306
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
I definitely want to see more of the First Class versions of Magneto, Xavier, Beast, Emma, Azazel, Banshee and Havok.
i love first class but only fassbender and mcavoy made a huge impression on me

in original trilogy - famke,jackman,rebecca,mckellan,stewart,cummings, all made huge impressions for me and even paquin and berry were solid even tho they weren't faithful

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #307
def28
Side-Kick

I thought Fassbender and Mcavoy were better then the whole X trilogy as far as development and acting. But yeah, character popularity wise no question. People want Logan and the OG crew.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #308
Angamb
Banned User

Two series developed at the same time would be more than amazing.

But I doubt Fox give us two big team sequels in a three years gap.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #309
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
i love first class but only fassbender and mcavoy made a huge impression on me

in original trilogy - famke,jackman,rebecca,mckellan,stewart,cummings, all made huge impressions for me and even paquin and berry were solid even tho they weren't faithful
It wasn't even their fault that they weren't faithful. In an interview with Halle Berry years ago she describes Storm exactly the way she's like in the comics so obviously if she were directed to she would have played the character much better. Same goes for Paquin.

I personally am more excited for the returning characters from the original trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28
I just dont see how right now that can take up the more time over the incidents that happen in the past. Thats were a majority of the film and story will probably take place.
I wouldn't be so sure. At this point we don't know how the comic will be adapted and even in the comic the story was split evenly between the past and future. I wouldn't be surprised if they decide that they want to spend more time in the apocalyptic future with the stars of the original trilogy instead of with the starlets of First Class.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #310
def28
Side-Kick

Anythings possible. But I really dont see that as the obvious choice, given the focus will more then likely be changing the past and FC characters are the only ones confirmed.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #311
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
It wasn't even their fault that they weren't faithful. In an interview with Halle Berry years ago she describes Storm exactly the way she's like in the comics so obviously if she were directed to she would have played the character much better. Same goes for Paquin.

I personally am more excited for the returning characters from the original trilogy.

I wouldn't be so sure. At this point we don't know how the comic will be adapted and even in the comic the story was split evenly between the past and future. I wouldn't be surprised if they decide that they want to spend more time in the apocalyptic future with the stars of the original trilogy instead of with the starlets of First Class.

This. In the dofp comics we see the efforts of both the present and future X-Men. Bryan has also cited X-Men TAS as influence. In TAS, the dofp arc ends with an episode called the "The Final Decision" where the X-Men join forces with Magneto to destroy the Sentinels' base. I can definitely see X-Men of various time periods uniting with the brotherhood for an epic battle.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #312
def28
Side-Kick

Time will tell. Imo all depends who and how they do the time travel. After seeing other films do this type of story, it usually sticks in the time period of the time traveler. Doesnt mean it will be the same, but unless there are solid parallel storys goen on. The focus will be with that person, they will link the plot.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #313
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
II wouldn't be surprised if they decide that they want to spend more time in the apocalyptic future with the stars of the original trilogy instead of with the starlets of First Class.
I'm not sure why we would spend more time in the apocalyptic future than in the past.

If the idea is to send a timetraveller back in order to prevent this future from happening altogether, then it will also mean that whatever happens in the future timeline after the timetraveller leaves will ultimately have no real meaning, because that future is not meant to exist at all. The real drama and tension of the story, and where the actions really have consequences, is in the past where the X-Men will try to prevent the apocalyptic event.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #314
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they decide that they want to spend more time in the apocalyptic future with the stars of the original trilogy instead of with the starlets of First Class.
I think that calling actors like Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy "starlets" is a bit dismissive...

The last thing Bryan will do is turn the FC actors into supporting players on their own team...at least I hope so.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Loganbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #315
Angamb
Banned User

Fox wont be stupid either using Jennifer Lawrence just a minor role. Either with Fassbender.

as I said, It will take time to develop how the traveler meet the x-men and they find the brotherhood, fight with them and all of that.

It will need more than just 30 mins.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #316
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
I think that calling actors like Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy "starlets" is a bit dismissive...

The last thing Bryan will do is turn the FC actors into supporting players on their own team...at least I hope so.
Maybe 'starlets' wasn't the right word. Maybe Rising Stars or something that means the same thing the point is with their growing profile it still hasn't reached that of some of the actors in the OT

Old 10-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #317
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I think that Hugh Jackman is the only genuine star in the original trilogy. Stewart and McKellen are both hugely respected but are not "stars" in the same way Jackman is. Halle Berry's career was hot at the time of the original trilogy but not so much these days. Janssen, Paquin, Marsden and the rest aren't all that big.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #318
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

The more I think about it, the more I think they'll skip a time traveller altogether and have Xavier contacted by his older self. The dynamic of time travel in the comic is heavily dependant on the young girl and her strikingly different older self. The time periods we're likely dealing with in the film series doesn't lend itself well to that. There are few characters that appear in both and none that particularly fit the role of Kitty. Maybe Mystique...

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #319
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I think that Hugh Jackman is the only genuine star in the original trilogy. Stewart and McKellen are both hugely respected but are not "stars" in the same way Jackman is. Halle Berry's career was hot at the time of the original trilogy but not so much these days. Janssen, Paquin, Marsden and the rest aren't all that big.
You're right on all accounts but you can't deny that having OT actors return would only help the film not hurt it.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #320
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:

no offense
How can the FC franchise be on "borrowed time" when it's characters/actors are getting ready to dominate the screen in DOFP? LOL. Fassbender and Mcavoy will, once again, be the central figures. And I have no doubt the vast majority of the movie will take place in the past with the FC characters. As per usual people getting ahead of themselves.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #321
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I asked several people who they remembered as the standouts from the original trilogy. They all said Jackman, McKellen, Berry and Stewart. Most couldn't even remember the names of the other actors.

If they stick to the comics, we will also see Kitty and Colossus as well as newcomers Franklin and Rachel. If they use anything from the animated series, we could see Bishop, Forge and the two unnamed future mutants who blast at Sentinels.

It will be interesting to see who they pick and when the apocalyptic future is set. It's beginning to sound more and more like it could be in the 1980s.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #322
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
How can the FC franchise be on "borrowed time" when it's characters/actors are getting ready to dominate the screen in DOFP? LOL. Fassbender and Mcavoy will, once again, be the central figures. And I have no doubt the vast majority of the movie will take place in the past with the FC characters. As per usual people getting ahead of themselves.
I do hope DoFP isn't the last we see of Fassbender's Magneto. It would be a shame to dump everyone from the 1960s setting.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #323
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
I asked several people who they remembered as the standouts from the original trilogy. They all said Jackman, McKellen, Berry and Stewart. Most couldn't even remember the names of the other actors.

If they stick to the comics, we will also see Kitty and Colossus as well as newcomers Franklin and Rachel. If they use anything from the animated series, we could see Bishop, Forge and the two unnamed future mutants who blast at Sentinels.

It will be interesting to see who they pick and when the apocalyptic future is set. It's beginning to sound more and more like it could be in the 1980s.

I'm not surprised at all. They gave performances worth remembering either that or their stardom makes them the most recognised standouts. Not surprised that exactly all four of those actors were approached at the end of the trilogy and asked about making spin offs of their characters

Old 10-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #324
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Just throwing out an idea, but what if time travel happens the other way around? As in, someone from the past somehow ends up going to the apocalyptic future and then back again?

Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #325
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Just throwing out an idea, but what if time travel happens the other way around? As in, someone from the past somehow ends up going to the apocalyptic future and then back again?
That would bastardize DOFP. Singer won't do that.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote