The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 12-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #501
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
have just seen his interview to Access Hollywood, and according to his words, it didnt seem he is gonna have a big role.
If It wasn't Important It wouldn't be such a big deal that reques a lot of neogration.The fact we know he Is In talks when majority of first Class actors
haven't been confirmed yet says to me Wolverine will play Important role In film.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #502
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Sounds like jackman will defo be involved as he is very much up for it but it doesn't sound like he is expecting to take a lead role

Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #503
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If It wasn't Important It wouldn't be such a big deal that reques a lot of neogration.The fact we know he Is In talks when majority of first Class actors
haven't been confirmed yet says to me Wolverine will play Important role In film.
Maybe he's trying to work out his schedule. I doubt he would be quibbling over whether to come back, it's whether he is able to fit it in.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #504
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
"and I have been talking to Bryan about doing something in this”
It doesnt sound like Fox and Bryan called him firstly to star on this movie before everybody else.

He should know that this is a complex storyline and sequel, so I highly doubt he is expecting to be the lead on this one, and really hope Bryan understand it too.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #505
def28
Side-Kick

Either way, hes not gonna come out and say how big his role is in dofp when hes not even been officially announced yet. Besides him being in the film, I wouldnt read into that interview too much quite yet.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #506
Angamb
Banned User

In mayority of cases, studios announce the lead of their movies before everyone else, at least the biggest name of the casts.

So having 6 actors announced before Hugh Jackman, I think that means something.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #507
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Bryan Singer Is very known for trying to keep things under wraps.The novelation of first X-Men was different than final film and remember all that he did to keep It under wraps
they were setting up Phoenix In X2 and Jean Grey's sacrifice.

Hugh Jackman's role Isn't a cameo.Besides that who knows how large wolverine's screen time Is.He could play big role In future set In first half hour of film.He could play key role
In future part of film and they cut back and forth between past and Future.He could be time traveler.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #508
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
In mayority of cases, studios announce the lead of their movies before everyone else, at least the biggest name of the casts.

So having 6 actors announced before Hugh Jackman, I think that means something.
Shortly after Bryan Singer confirmed 6 actors word leaks Hugh Jackman Is in
talks.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #509
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
Has there been any talk about what character will be going back in time to the past to warn the team? Being that chances are it's not going to be Kitty.
Prediction: Mystique will play Kitty's part. Given that Jennifer Lawrence is so big right now.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #510
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Which would be worst possibly outcome.But,not exactly shocking.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #511
Snikt
Side-Kick

Just based on what actors have said in the past, such as Marion Cotillard saying she wasn't playing Talia al Guul, or even Hugh Jackman himself saying he wasn't in First Class, I'm not too keen on believing what anybody says anymore

I'll believe it when it's been officially announced.

But I do agree, you don't go into "negotiations" just to appear in a brief cameo. He may not be the lead role, but I don't see him being on screen for just one minute.

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #512
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Most of time In talks mean the actor has agreed to do film but his people are still working on his/her deal.

Hugh Jackman Is likely to have key role In film.Now he might stay In future with other vets of previous trilogy but who knows how large that would be.That could be first 20-30 minutes of film.If they cut back and forth between past and future that could be nearly half the film.Also remember In the avengers most of characters showed up in solo films first.It's going to similar here where most characters are coming back from earlier films.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #513
JP
To me

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Shortly after Bryan Singer confirmed 6 actors word leaks Hugh Jackman Is in
talks.
You realize how many actors are currently "in talks" right now that we have no idea about, right?

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #514
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
You realize how many actors are currently "in talks" right now that we have no idea about, right?
glad to know Im not the only one who have a bit more open mind.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #515
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Yes.But,right after that confirmations word leaks Hugh Is In talks to return.We certinly haven't heart about other actors In talks.Again Hugh may only be In future part of film
but even then we don't know how much time that would be.If they were to go with Xavier changing minds with younger self I don't see that exchange happening till halfway through
film.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #516
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

It's definitely not a small role. There would be no point in casting him this early.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #517
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
That has got me thinking maybe wolverine only has a small role and Fox purposefully 'leaked' the news that Hugh was in talks as a way to generate buzz and to distract people from the other negotiations they having actors that could be playing larger roles. Like Lucas Till, Caleb Landry Jones, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin etc

NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #518
JP
To me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
It's definitely not a small role. There would be no point in casting him this early.
Hugh has a tight schedule. He's an A list actor. It's not "early" as they start shooting in a manner of months and they're currently securing ALL their actors.

Being in talks for a film has nothing to do with the size of a role.

Kevin Bacon was one of the very last people signed on for First Class.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #519
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
And the reason we've heard about Hugh Jackman's negotiations could have been simply because he's the biggest star, not necessarily because his role is major. Although obviously it's not going to be a 10-second cameo like in FC.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #520
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I see no problem with showing future scenes a few times within the film. After they have deployed the time travel, the future-mutants aren't just going to sit and have a coffee while waiting for the effects of changing history; they are going to keep fighting for their survival and more battles and deaths will occur, making the time traveller's actions even more desperate and essential.
I'm just not certain what outcome is there for the future mutants. If they do choose to stay with future mutants then their story must come to something.

If changing the past actually makes the dark future disappear, then I'd think that the characters from that future would also cease to exist. It makes no sense to me that they'd suddenly find themselves waking up in their beds or something with their memories of the dark!future intact except that everything is well now. So changing the future might be a good thing for mutantkind in general but the mutants from the dark future are not going to benefit personally and will just stop existing.

If changing the past does not change the future but simply creates a parallel timeline, then again the mutants from the dark future aren't benefitting and they're still stuck where they are. So their story is left hanging and neither time travel nor fighting the Sentinels accomplishes much.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #521
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I'm just not certain what outcome is there for the future mutants. If they do choose to stay with future mutants then their story must come to something.

If changing the past actually makes the dark future disappear, then I'd think that the characters from that future would also cease to exist. It makes no sense to me that they'd suddenly find themselves waking up in their beds or something with their memories of the dark!future intact except that everything is well now. So changing the future might be a good thing for mutantkind in general but the mutants from the dark future are not going to benefit personally and will just stop existing.

If changing the past does not change the future but simply creates a parallel timeline, then again the mutants from the dark future aren't benefitting and they're still stuck where they are. So their story is left hanging and neither time travel nor fighting the Sentinels accomplishes much.
Yes, I see your points. It seems likely that if the dark future is averted, then it never happens and the dark-future characters don't exist.

So what are the other options?

Old 12-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #522
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Being in talks for a film has nothing to do with the size of a role.
Yeah, because that's what I said.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #523
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post

exactly the things Ive been wondering these last days.

in the case time travel existed, even if someone goes back to the past and changes a big event, ALL the humans that have existed between past and present wouldnt dissapear. thats like a joke.

Imagine you are in your house, and someone went back to the 70's, and destroyed the whole USA (or wherever you live) with a nuclear bomb, and just on that same second, you and your whole family, neighbors, and all the americans would just dissapear suddenly? doesnt seem 'realistic'.

The alternate universe feels more realistic, even if time travel is a fantastical theme.

So if Bryan and co. go with this route, the characters from the future and the actual future will still be the same, but another universe will be created with totally different citizens, streets, look and all.

The conclussion would be: each time the past is changed, a new alternate universe would be created.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #524
JP
To me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Yeah, because that's what I said.
Then try saying it again.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #525
krylonshadow
New User - Level 0

I have a sort of movie treatment for Days of Future Past. It's a little convoluted but I think it works out pretty well.

Skip to the end for the short version. Read the long version for explanations and implications.

The movie begins at some point after X-Men: The Last Stand. The cure is widely available and mutant-human peace has been reached with the help of mutant ambassador Hank McCoy. Magneto, on the other hand, is not so happy. His best friend/rival is dead, he feels impotent without his full powers, and worst of all, mutants are now being considered equal to humans, not superior like he believes they should be. He finds a mutant, Forge, who believes in his cause. Forge has invented a machine which allows someone's mind to occupy their body in the past. Magneto uses this to send Mystique (he could go back himself but I don't find that as interesting) back into her 1960s body to help trigger an event that will draw out the divide between mutants and humans forever.

What event the writers would decide to use is anyone's guess, but let's go with the Kennedy Assassination for now. In this new past, Mystique convinces Magneto that they should teach humans a lesson for taking all the credit and not acknowledging the superiority of mutant powers which ultimately prevented nuclear war. They carry out the assassination on JFK: Magneto uses his powers to guide the bullet while Mystique "gets caught" disguised as an X-Man, thus leading humans to blame the X-Men for this tragedy. This in turn leads to the mutant oppression where sentinels are mass produced to hunt down and eliminate the mutant species.

Now in this new timeline anything that occurred in X1-3 essentially does not matter, and yet they didn't have to outright forget the films because the movie will have begun in the X1-3 timeline thus acknowledging all the events that occurred in those films. This means that in the new timeline they can fast forward to the dystopian future and use ANYONE who wants to reprise their roles from X1-3 to fight the sentinels, and for anyone who does not come back, their characters can be assumed dead (they can even show a graveyard scene with their tombstones).

So in this new future the last remaining mutants have banded together to survive. Forge is now a "good guy" who CAN invent his machine but hasn't thought of it yet. It turns out Magneto was one of the first few mutants captured and put into an internment camp. The mutants find him and free him, at which point he reveals the truth about how these events came to be. Forge then (re)creates his machine allowing the mutants to send somebody back to the past to prevent the Brotherhood from carrying out and framing the assassination. For plot-hole purposes, Mystique should have died at some point in this future, otherwise she could possibly go back a second time. Similarly, Magneto would probably have to die before the machine is invented so he can't go back and just not carry out the assassination

Who do the mutants send back to prevent Magneto from assassinating JFK? At this point, it probably doesn't even matter, although it's a perfect opportunity to introduce a new character (or reintroduce an X1-3 character) into the First Class cast. The rest of the movie (should be at least a third of the overall movie, maybe even half) would occur in the 1960's in a new third timeline. In this timeline, there would be a battle between the X-Men and the Brotherhood where the X-Men succeed in preventing Magneto from getting anywhere near JFK. However, what they did not know and therefore could not prevent was the fact that Lee Harvey Oswald, a human, would carry out the assassination anyway as he was preparing to do originally before Magneto changed the past.

Now, only having introduced one new plot-intensive character (Forge), we have made a movie loosely (yes I know, very loosely) based off Days of Future Past which serves as a sequel to First Class while still acknowledging the original X-Men trilogy, but allowing future sequels with the First Class cast to have complete creative freedom with the story.

SHORT VERSION:

X-Men Trilogy timeline (2013?):
Post-X3 Magneto seeks revenge on humans. He finds a mutant named Forge.
Magneto uses one of Forge's inventions to send Mystique's mind into her 1960's body.
First Class / Dystopian timeline (1963-20xx):
Mystique convinces 1960's Magneto to assassinate JFK and frame it on the X-Men.
Mutants are blamed for the JFK assassination, leading to the mutant oppression.
FAST FORWARD: The last few mutants struggle to fight off the onslaught of sentinels.
Magneto is found held captive in an internment camp and is rescued by the mutants.
Magneto reveals the truth about what he did to change the future, dying shortly after.
Forge invents his machine and sends a mutant back to the 1960's to stop Magneto.
New First Class timeline (1963):
The time-traveler goes and tells the X-Men what Magneto plans to do.
The X-Men and the Brotherhood have a long epic battle as they always do.
The X-Men prevent Magneto from assassinating JFK and having it blamed on them.
JFK is assassinated anyway, but by Lee Harvey Oswald just as history tells it.

krylonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote