The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 09-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #126
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

I loved the Mystique and Charles plot in First Class. It worked great for both the characters and the story. So what if it doesn't have a precedent in the comics.

747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #127
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

According to some Fox Is damned for making any changes but Marvel studios,Sony,and
Warner brothers can make changes and they are gold

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #128
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I loved the Mystique and Charles plot in First Class. It worked great for both the characters and the story. So what if it doesn't have a precedent in the comics.
I agree Mr Airplane.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #129
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
If that's the case then I beg to question why FOX would need Mark Millar to consult on their Marvel films in the first place...

You may have liked it but the fact is that the Mystique and Charles relationship didn't sit that well with many others. So I'd like to think that Millar's presence signifies that Fox acknowledges that the previous way of treating these characters wasn't going to well.

Now if your the type who loves everything that Fox does with the X-men characters then of course you're going to have a hard time agreeing but you can't argue with the evidence.

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #130
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
I think people are getting too pysched about a writer who was once criticized for being a sexist, racist homophobe. (Perhaps Fox News liked him)

Where was his imput when Universal Studio's ruined "Wanted"? He actually co-$igned that mess and yet the movie franchise was never heard from again.

Who's to say that Mark Millar's imput will help these films succeed anyway? Fox will do what ever they want in the end.

Quote:
If that's the case then I beg to question why FOX would need Mark Millar to consult on their Marvel films in the first place...

...I'd like to think that Millar's presence signifies that Fox acknowledges that the previous way of treating these characters wasn't going to well.

Now if your the type who loves everything that Fox does with the X-men characters then of course you're going to have a hard time agreeing but you can't argue with the evidence.
So which is it? People are too psyched about a man who co-signs anything regardless of how much a mess it is and that Fox will ignore anyway? Or a clear sign that Fox is changing its ways?

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #131
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
And people need to be prepared for possibilty wolverine will be time traveler.Opening the same day as third Hobbit means they will almost sure try to get Hugh jackman for a major role In this film.People need to aceept Jackman Is Robert Downey JR of X-Men film franchise.You can do good with him and rest of cast(X-Men,X2) or you can do bad with him and rest of cast(The Last Stand.
I can't see though how Wolverine would mesh with the new FC team. In the original trilogy, the team are mature adults maybe in their early to mid 30s, in FC they're barely in their 20s and Wolverine looks old enough to be their father. Yeah I know that Wolverine is actually also old enough to be Professor X's grandfather, but the point is that he doesn't look weird or out of place in that team as far as appearances are concerned. And his relationship with Professor X was still that of a younger man and an older wiser elder. I just think that Wolverine would look really old and out of place next to a bunch of youngsters and a baby-faced Professor X. It's not enough to just plonk a character into a movie and go, look everybody here's Wolverine.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #132
BMM
Side-Kick

I hope Wolverine stays in the future. He can be a leader there, like he is in the books, taking out the sentinels and fighting to the end. The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't be surprised if Raven is sent back in time, like FilmNerdJamie suggested awhile ago. She has the relationship between Charles and Erik that might be necessary to help convince them to change the events of the past, and it would give Lawrence a bigger role to suit her increased popularity. Of course, I'm sure there would be complaining about the ironic change to the original storyline.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #133
JP
Smelly

There are people who don't like the Charles/Mystique relationship? That's one of the highlights of the film.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #134
def28
Side-Kick

I liked the Raven/Hank relationship alot, that worked good since their powers both make them appear physically different and self conscious. Actually wanted to see that relationship explored more after Hanks plan back fired. Kind of just stopped because of the action climax.

The Charles/Mystique plot is hit and miss with me. Def works well within the film and its an excellent arc. Few scenes just came off odd to me. I cant take the early scene with Charles when shes in the bathroom brushing her teeth seriously. Thought it was kinda lame. Very few gripes overall though.

Really want to see how Lawrence turns the character into the lethal seductive character we know. She def showed signs of the seductive part.

Last edited by def28; 10-01-2012 at 01:28 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #135
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Actually wanted to see that relationship explored more after Hanks plan back fired. Kind of just stopped because of the action climax.
Kinberg's (I think it was Kinberg) interview kinda hinted that they might explore Raven/Hank relationship more in the sequel. Which surprised me a bit but then at least that relationship makes a lot more sense than Mystique and Azazel, which I think only gets speculated on because of the comic books. I could see the X1-X3 Mystique get together with Azazel, but this young Mystique? Um no and to be honest the idea of it is a tad creepy.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 10-01-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #136
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Kinberg's (I think it was Kinberg) interview kinda hinted that they might explore Raven/Hank relationship more in the sequel. Which surprised me a bit but then at least that relationship makes a lot more sense than Mystique and Azazel, which I think only gets speculated on because of the comic books. I could see the X1-X3 Mystique get together with Azazel, but this young Mystique? Um no and to be honest the idea of it is a tad creepy.
Yeah, theres def no set up I can see so far. Rather see her and Hank developed more. Shes a jealous character so I guess they could go that route if something happens with her and Mags which leads to Azazel . If they want to add in Nightcrawler their probably gonna have to go with the Azazel route. That scene would be something out of a Clive Barker film haha.

Last edited by def28; 10-01-2012 at 03:53 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:26 AM   #137
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Could the age of Nightcrawler in X2 corrispond with Azazil and Mystique getting together in XMFC 2?

Old 10-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #138
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Mystique has already been shown to sleep with a guy who strokes her ego (remember when she hopped into Eric's bed after Hank insulted her?). I'm guessing that she and Eric will be much closer in DOFP, and when he does something to piss her off, she'll wind up in bed with Azazel.

Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:17 AM   #139
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I liked the Raven/Hank relationship alot, that worked good since their powers both make them appear physically different and self conscious.
I remember seeing the clip of the first time they meeting, when Hank reveals his feet/hand things... and her looking at him as if she found a kindred spirit... an I just kinda found myself thinking, wouldn't she be more like, "that's it? you have weird feet? so, what? I am covered in blue ******* scale!!!"

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #140
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Mystique has already been shown to sleep with a guy who strokes her ego (remember when she hopped into Eric's bed after Hank insulted her?). I'm guessing that she and Eric will be much closer in DOFP, and when he does something to piss her off, she'll wind up in bed with Azazel.
that could sound bad to some users, but if written well, I think it would be a perfect and easy way to develop the birth of Nightcrawler.

And it would be an interesting move from Raven, and specially how Eric would react to that. Their relationship would be much more interesting, watching both have strong personalities and feelings toward eachother.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #141
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Awesome, now Famke Janssen basically confirmed her return. When you hear how she speaks in the interview, she doesn't wanna say anything...kinda like how Marion Cotillard was when asked about Talia. Woohoo!

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #142
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Awesome, now Famke Janssen basically confirmed her return. When you hear how she speaks in the interview, she doesn't wanna say anything...kinda like how Marion Cotillard was when asked about Talia. Woohoo!
It would be nice to see Famke Janssen and Patrick Stewart make an appearance in Days of Future Past. I wouldn't mind Anna Paquin coming back either... she was good in the role and there was so much Singer could've explored with her but didn't.

Maybe Alan Cumming will return as Nightcrawler?

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #143
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Too bad I'm not that type. There is quite a lot that I don't love about Fox's X-Men franchise.

And what evidence? You think Fox hired Millar just because of some plot-points that wasn't in any comics? I think not.

747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #144
JP
Smelly

So now we have Stewart and Famke hinting at a possible return.

Your move, Marsden.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #145
BMM
Side-Kick

Interesting. Famke Janssen is one of the people I didn't think would return, just because I didn't think there was any need for Jean Grey to be there, but that interview certainly hints that she will reprise her role. So either this is an alternate future that isn't in continuity with The Last Stand, or I have no idea what they're doing.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #146
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

^ I bet he'll come back! The fans would love it - if Cyclops was well treated of course!

Old 10-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #147
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If Famke Janssen appears in future scenes that Is clue of how the team views The Last
Stand In Cannon of films.

And If Famke Is indeed In DOFP you can laregly think Bryan Singer for that.

I bet the team has already had discussions with the cast members they want to return but nothing will be confirmed till they get close to filming.For a spring 2013 start it could be january or february till we have solid casting Information.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #148
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Interesting. Famke Janssen is one of the people I didn't think would return, just because I didn't think there was any need for Jean Grey to be there, but that interview certainly hints that she will reprise her role. So either this is an alternate future that isn't in continuity with The Last Stand, or I have no idea what they're doing.
Maybe messing with the past creates an alternate timeline in which X3 never happened. That's what many people want anyway.

Will we see an epilogue in which the original cast, including Marsden, Janssen and Stewart, all wake up and believe something has happened (but they're not sure what) and are all still alive. Perhaps with Jean never having had psychic blocks installed.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #149
BMM
Side-Kick

Who knows? It's possible. It will be interesting to see who else joins the cast. I'm sure we'll hear from McKellen very soon, with the Hobbit being released in a couple months.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #150
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
This Is likely a possibly Future post X2.Days of future past originally was suspose to be a possibly future untill Chris Claremont killed off Jean because
of Interfence of Then EIC Jim Shooter and his desire to bring Rachel back In time.Originally the plan was for Jean to lose powers at end of Dark Phoenix and
eventully for Rachel to be born In actual timeline.They changed things so DOFP to be alternate future so Rachel could be used.Even In original DOFP story no mention was made of Rachel as Rachel Summers.

Considering Bryan Singer's comments about connecting films I will bet what Is going on Is the future of DOFP will be sentinles unleashed In possable X2 post future.The key here Is possibly future if the First Class era X-Men don't stop the brotherhood's assassination attempt.

They won't get Into how exactly Jean Is there.They may say we decided to tie first Class and now DOFP to Singerverse films(X-Men,X2)

Regardless the future scenes are about the sentinles controlled future and trying to prevent It with time travel.

Ian Mckellan visited the set of Mockingbird lane the pilot Bryan Singer directed.And Patrick stewert may have slipped and given Idenity of some of
X-Men cast returns when he mentioned Famke,Halle Berry,Anna Paquin,and
Rebecca romijn.