The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #151
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

I was always expecting an alternate future which means anyone from the previous movies could show up. It gives Vaughn and co more options for sequels as well.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #152
CB Fan
The Watcher

Watching that interview I didnt really get that she knew more than she was leading on it seemed like she may have heard some rumors but nothing official thus her response was genuine as opposed to Marion Cotillard who knew she was Talia but was trying (in vain) to keep it a secret.

If she is back this would have to be before X2 cause she "died" in that, wouldnt it?

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #153
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
Watching that interview I didnt really get that she knew more than she was leading on it seemed like she may have heard some rumors but nothing official thus her response was genuine as opposed to Marion Cotillard who knew she was Talia but was trying (in vain) to keep it a secret.

If she is back this would have to be before X2 cause she "died" in that, wouldnt it?
No, it could be that she returns at the end after the altering of the past means she didn't die after all.

Best to do it that way, in my view. To start off with her and possibly Cyclops still alive is too much of a WTF moment. But to create a timeline in which they end up alive seems a more logical flow.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #154
Angamb
Banned User

the interviews are starting! Im loving it!!!

still trying to watch the video, this damm connection, but Ive read her words and.... who knows? maybe she already knows something

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #155
The Guard
Side-Kick

Keep in mind, something could happen in the FIRST CLASS era that causes events to happen before or instead the events of X-MEN, X2 and THE LAST STAND as well.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #156
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Keep in mind, something could happen in the FIRST CLASS era that causes events to happen before or instead the events of X-MEN, X2 and THE LAST STAND as well.
Yeah, this is more then likely what will happen. Something will happen in the FC time and alter the course of the first three.

Last edited by def28; 10-01-2012 at 04:01 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #157
Project862006
Banned User

for 46 she still looks amazing

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #158
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I wonder if Halle will come back. A lot of fanboys don't like her - or her version of Storm. The wig never quite worked and the characterisation was a bit... variable!

If they wanted a replacement. Freida Pinto would be good for a young version and Christine Adams for a slightly older version.

Adams has a more exotic, more Storm-like face.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #159
JP
Flame On

Pinto? You know Storm is African, right?

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #160
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Pinto? You know Storm is African, right?
Yes, but Pinto (to me) looks fine for the part, partly because Storm doesn't have an entirely traditional African face. After all, Pinto played a Greek oracle in Immortals, she shouldn't be restricted to Asian roles!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #161
def28
Side-Kick

Storms one of the strongest, well known X characters out there. If that role went to a non black actress there would more then likely be a strong backlash. Not alot of Black Female Superheros in film right now. I doubt Halle Berry would pass up the chance to play her again. They def need to handle the character better, but hey Berry aint bad to look at. Wow just realized shes 46 now. Time goes by eh.

Last edited by def28; 10-01-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #162
Project862006
Banned User

halle berry constantly got hit with not black enough for storm wtf you think pinto would get lol

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #163
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
halle berry constantly got hit with not black enough for storm wtf you think pinto would get lol
haha! True enough!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #164
JP
Flame On

Haha, so true.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #165
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Storms one of the strongest, well known X characters out there. If that role went to a non black actress there would more then likely be a strong backlash. Not alot of Black Female Superheros in film right now. I doubt Halle Berry would pass up the chance to play her again. They def need to handle the character better, but hey Berry aint bad to look at. Wow just realized shes 46 now. Time goes by eh.
It's bound to be Halle coming back. I was just pondering possibilities if she didn't want to. But considering she was mentioned by Patrick Stewart, it seems likely.

We need a good wig! Perhaps like the X3 hair but longer, more like typical Storm. And maybe the headpiece/tiara - if only a nod by making an earpiece or communication device look like the tiara. And better characterisation!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #166
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
I remember seeing the clip of the first time they meeting, when Hank reveals his feet/hand things... and her looking at him as if she found a kindred spirit... an I just kinda found myself thinking, wouldn't she be more like, "that's it? you have weird feet? so, what? I am covered in blue ******* scale!!!"
Haha Yeah, you would think the intelligence thing would have impressed her more. Guess shes shallow when it comes to foot size and the ability to jump.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #167
JP
Flame On

I wonder if Stewart really did spill the beans, and FOX is pretty mad right now.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #168
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It's bound to be Halle coming back. I was just pondering possibilities if she didn't want to. But considering she was mentioned by Patrick Stewart, it seems likely.

We need a good wig! Perhaps like the X3 hair but longer, more like typical Storm. And maybe the headpiece/tiara - if only a nod by making an earpiece or communication device look like the tiara. And better characterisation!
Yeah, def better character. Berry has put out some solid roles but has had more then a few weak spots in the trilogy. I think shes a more then capable actress, they just never really gave her much to do. Even if shes not in it for alot of screentime hopefully they can get down a more solid feel of comic Storm.
Quote:
I wonder if Stewart really did spill the beans, and FOX is pretty mad right now.
I think it will work in Foxs favor. They need the hype this time around.

Last edited by def28; 10-01-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #169
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I doubt he'd be that reckless (although he might be). It may have been a staged 'leak' to test response.

Whether deliberate or not, it did prove there is still mileage in the original cast - and an enthusiasm for seeing them return.

A lot could happen between now and the start of production. They will still be refining the story and the script. So we may not necessarily see those exact names that have been mentioned.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #170
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, def better character. Berry has put out some solid roles but has had more then a few weak spots in the trilogy. I think shes a more then capable actress, they just never really gave her much to do. Even if shes not in it for alot of screentime hopefully they can get down a more solid feel of comic Storm..
They should give her a pile of comics as homework for god's sake!

In X1, it seemed close to the comic (at least seemed ethnic/exotic, the accent was okay, i thought) but a bit too meek - and the edge of the wig could be seen sometimes! In X2, not too bad either (hair looked odd sometimes), though still not quite right. In X3, too much of a switch to the other extreme (not enough compassion and earth-mother, and too much Halle showing through).

Shake them all up together and you have a reasonable Storm, but by themselves each is lacking. I watched X1-X3 at the weekend, back to back, so the portrayals are very fresh in my mind.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #171
Angamb
Banned User

I know this wont happen ever, but how cool it would be to have Jean and Emma on the same scene

specially if Jannuary was more *****ie/badass this time, and looking hotter yet.

they both would look at each other like: 'who the hell are u, and why are you dresing like that?'

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #172
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
So which is it? People are too psyched about a man who co-signs anything regardless of how much a mess it is and that Fox will ignore anyway? Or a clear sign that Fox is changing its ways?
It though is was self explanatory. Only when taken out of context do these to comments sound contradictory.

But for the record it's "both"

Yes FOX has acknowledge that there's an obvious problem. But don't get too psyched since it could just be the proverbial Band-aid on a broken leg. I never said they were changing their ways. Only that Fox has made it a point to make light of the obvious.

Remember it's always been in a Fox's nature to be cunning.

Micheal Bay and company did something similar by stating that he wasn't all that happy with the quality of "Rise of The Fallen" only to do the same thing with "Dark of the Moon". Just exchanged more "S'plosions" for less annoying parents.

Will Fox being any different? I don't know....

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #173
JP
Flame On

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
Remember it's always been in a Fox's nature to be cunning.
Sweet heavenly Jesus. Are you serious?

Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #174
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I know this wont happen ever, but how cool it would be to have Jean and Emma on the same scene

specially if Jannuary was more *****ie/badass this time, and looking hotter yet.

they both would look at each other like: 'who the hell are u, and why are you dresing like that?'
Love the idea of Jean and Emma in the same Scene although I would rather replace Jones with a better actress or if they meet a future Emma maybe she can be played by Helen Mirren that would be very interesting.

And on the subject of Halle I have always found the fault in Storms characterization to lie with direction and writing if she was given better direction and a better written character Storm would've been much better. If I recall there was a rumor that the reason Angela Bassett didn't take the role was because she was familiar with Storm and that what was written was not the Storm she would want to portray. And as for the wig, give me the length of x1 with the thickness of x2 mixed with the style of x3 and we have a winner.

Last edited by CB Fan; 10-01-2012 at 11:50 PM.
CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #175
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Sweet heavenly Jesus. Are you serious?
Well I can't speak for the "Gingerbread Man" per se, but some of the similarities are there.

Do you think Mark Millar equates to Joss Whedon?

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote