The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 10-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #176
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Mystique has already been shown to sleep with a guy who strokes her ego (remember when she hopped into Eric's bed after Hank insulted her?). I'm guessing that she and Eric will be much closer in DOFP, and when he does something to piss her off, she'll wind up in bed with Azazel.
Well, the movie didn't actually make it 100% clear whether Raven actually slept with Erik or not.

And I don't really see Erik and Raven being involved in the sequel. Whatever may or may not happened between them in Erik's bedroom after the kiss, I didn't get an impression that it was because either of them had any real attraction or romantic interest in each other. Erik and Emma, perhaps - plus she's much closer to Erik's age as well whereas Erik pretty much told Raven that she's too young for him.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #177
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I watched X1-X3 at the weekend, back to back, so the portrayals are very fresh in my mind.
I have to ask, how well do you think they flow together?

I've watched all three in a row before and I'm actually surprised at how well they work.

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:47 AM   #178
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
I have to ask, how well do you think they flow together?

I've watched all three in a row before and I'm actually surprised at how well they work.
Yes, overall they work well together. I was surprised how X1 and X2 still feel, after all this time, like well-made films.

But there is a tonal shift when it comes to The Last Stand.

In The Last Stand, some of the editing is too fast, some scenes needed to breathe a bit more and allow for expressions/reactions/subtext; some of the dialogue is poor or cheesy; Xavier and Storm in particular seemed a bit 'off' compared with the earlier two films; McKellen's acting wasn't as good as in X1 and X2; and the look/texture/colour of the film isn't as pristine and attractive as X1 and X2, it seemed a bit harsh on the eye. But I was surprised to feel that Wolverine - to me anyway - still felt mostly like Wolverine, except for the unconvincing sobbing over Xavier's empty wheelchair.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:56 AM   #179
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

I would like Famke Janssen as Madelyne Pryor returned.

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #180
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...t-x-men-return

So Jean may return.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #181
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
We knew. It was on the SHH homepage. No need for shameless promoting of IGN!!!!

Old 10-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #182
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
We knew. It was on the SHH homepage. No need for shameless promoting of IGN!!!!
That's where I saw it first, that's what I copied.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #183
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
That's where I saw it first, that's what I copied.
Okay, then, so do you want Jean or Phoenix or Famke back?

Old 10-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #184
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I do! I want her to either return as the Phoenix with full fire bird effect or have the universe course corrected after the events of the film. OR just start out with a completely alternate timeline where Jean is alive and "good" Phoenix with the firebird.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #185
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

She will likely be regular Jean Grey If In future scenes.Forget about Phoenix.They will do
nothing to remind people of last Stand.I will bet you all they want to connect In DOFP Singerverse(X-Men,X2) and First Class.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #186
Great Mind(s)
Broken

It will be so cool if Days of Future Past will be considered both a sequel to First Class AND to the Singer movies. Like, you could put it in sequence after either if you so choose.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #187
joshtylen
phoenix rising

It would be nice to see Jean appear in some form. Wonder if this will be changing X3 in some ways?

joshtylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #188
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

"Stay tuned" eh?

She could be BSing us.

Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #189
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

i wouldn't be suprised if they did get James, Famke, Halle or maybe Kelsey to reprise their roles as the "future" X-Men set in the apolyptic future. Outside of Hugh/Wolverine they are the most popular and it would be a chance for them to shine w/o overshadowing the First Class characters...whoever is cast/returns for the "future" X-Men won't have a major role, their story will be told maybe for the first 10-30min. of the film before they go back into the past...

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #190
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
All of the cast from the original cast may return. Except for Ellen Page, I doubt any of them would turn down the offer.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:36 AM   #191
Angamb
Banned User

I dont understand why almost everyone count Ellen out.

She is an actress, and even if she doesnt like comic movies at all, she could like to join the original cast again, and work with a new director.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:49 AM   #192
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I dont understand why almost everyone count Ellen out.

She is an actress, and even if she doesnt like comic movies at all, she could like to join the original cast again, and work with a new director.
I heard here before that Ellen Page said she didn't want to comeback in another X-Men movie. I don't know if thats true or not but thats why I crossed her out.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #193
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I heard here before that Ellen Page said she didn't want to comeback in another X-Men movie. I don't know if thats true or not but thats why I crossed her out.
Ellen didn't seem quite right to me as Kitty anyway, to be honest. I also doubt they'd bring back a minor character to take up screentime, it wlll be more significant characters/actors who are likely to reappear.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:20 AM   #194
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

They used three different Kittys in three different movies, I don't see why they can't make it four for four.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #195
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I advise we all take these actors' comments with more than a pinch of salt, but it's certainly promising. I would love to see Famke back.

FOX have a potential fan-gasm on their hands with this film. It's not realistic to think they're going to go to huge efforts to fix their mistakes with TLS, but it's also in their interest to exploit this story for all the opportunities it allows. Even if they're happy with TLS, this film is a great chance to revisit fan-favourite characters who were once long-gone.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #196
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
They used three different Kittys in three different movies, I don't see why they can't make it four for four.
plus depending on how far a head the future scenes take place, we may be looking at a more grown up Kitty, which would help explain the recast

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 10-05-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #197
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
plus depending on how far a head the future scenes take place, we may be looking at a more grown up Kitty, which would help explain the recast
Maybe so. Ellen Page was the wrong body shape - a sweet little round face, compact body with no hips. Kitty Pryde needs a more angular, delicate, willowy frame (as long as they don't make her too gawky and skinny like she was when first introduced in the comics).

Old 10-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #198
Angamb
Banned User

No actress was the perfect choice for their characters. So if they want to be a bit fathful with the storyarc in the comics, they should get Ellen back.

She is Ellen Page, of course she isnt a worldwide star like Hugh or Halle, but she's an Oscar nominated actress and her last movie is with Woody Allen, so is not like she is an unknown precisely. So to recast Kitty would be a big mistake.

They should try their best to keep as much continutiy as possible with original trilogy. we all know Kitty was only a cameo in X1 and X2. X3 was the movie that set the the ultimate actors for the well known x-men, including Beast, Kitty, Collossus and Angel. Many fans dont like one actor or another, but they were the actors choosen, and if we want a cohesive universe and continuity, they shouldnt recast anyone.

Last edited by Angamb; 10-05-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #199
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
No actress was the perfect choice for their characters. So if they want to be a bit fathful with the storyarc in the comics, they should get Ellen back.

She is Ellen Page, of course she isnt a worldwide star like Hugh or Halle, but she's an Oscar nominated actress and her last movie is with Woody Allen, so is not like she is an unknown precisely. So to recast Kitty would be a big mistake.

They should try their best to keep as much continutiy as possible with original trilogy. we all know Kitty was only a cameo in X1 and X2. X3 was the movie that set the the ultimate actors for the well known x-men, including Beast, Kitty, Collossus and Angel. Many fans dont like one actor or another, but they were the actors choosen, and if we want a cohesive universe and continuity, they shouldnt recast anyone.
Absolutely agree.

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #200
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Kitty may not even be In film.Ellen was one not mentioned when Patrick Stewert made
his slip.The returning actors may be Patrick,Ian Mckellen,Hugh Jackman,Halle Berry,Famke
Janssen,Rebecca Romijn,and Anna Paquin.

I hope It doesn't happen but I have bad suspecion that If they can't work out deal for Jackman to have major role as one who travels back In time they may have Mystique In DOFP trade minds will First Class era Mystique.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote