The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 06-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
GBaxter
Newbie First Class

Default Of the 4 Spider-Man films made so far,what 2 are your favorite and why?

With the 4th film coming out very soon and hopefully this thread will still stay up long enough, of the 4 Spider-Man films made so far, what 2 are currently your favorite ones and please separately say why, for each fave one named.

GBaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Of the 4 Spider-Man films made so far,what 2 are your favorite and why?

So far, Spider-Man 1 and 2.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: Of the 4 Spider-Man films made so far,what 2 are your favorite and why?

Ineed to see the new one first, but I think it's going t be SM2 and ASM.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Spider-Man 2 - A great story for Peter struggling with the responsibility of being Spider-Man and how it's ruining his life. Doc Ock is a fantastic villain, visually awesome, and played to perfection by Alfred Molina. The action scenes are top notch. The supporting cast like Aunt May, Jonah, and Harry all have bigger meatier roles to play in the story.

Spider-Man - Great origin story. Handles Peter's transformation into a hero really well. Willem Dafoe is a brilliant Norman Osborn, but his Green Goblin is a bit too cartoony and his costume is awful. The action scenes are not as dazzling and impressive as the movie's successors, but they are still good. Aunt May, Uncle Ben and Harry are a great supporting cast.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
Havok83
Side-Kick

Shouldnt you ask this after all 4 have been released?

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

The Amazing Spider-man looks good,but this question probably should've waited untill July 3rd. Anyway,it's hard to pick right now. Honestly,I love all 3 films released so far. Obviously,part 3 gets the most negativity,and I can see why,but it's still alot of fun for me. The original is a wonderful origin story and part 2 is one of the greatest comic book films ever.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Since I have not seen TASM, I cannot really answer this truthfully. With the Raimi trilogy, SM1 and SM2 are no doubt my two favorite movies. I predict that SM2 and TASM will be my favorites.

Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I'm gonna go with SM1/SM2.

I still like and enjoy 3, and I can't say ASM will make my tops list, because I'm far too unimpressed with it.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

I'll answer again come July 3rd but as of right now SM2 and SM in that order, I still love the both of those movies a lot.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

TIMESPACE.
Spidey_62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
roach
I am the night

1 and 2

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
Anno_Domini
Banned User

After watching TAS-M, I still go for S-M 1 and 2, although TAS-M is bounds more entertaining than S-M 3.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #12
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

After seeing TASM, my top two are now Spider-Man 2 and then TASM.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #13
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Ineed to see the new one first, but I think it's going t be SM2 and ASM.
And they actually are ASM and SM2. El Payaso, you were right.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #14
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

SM2 and SM are still my favourites. In any case, I like all of the Spider-Man films and I am looking forward to seeing Garfield don the mask again.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2

Last edited by AnneFan; 07-07-2012 at 03:43 AM.
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
sharpwriter17

Spider-Man 1 because it was the very first superhero movie I ever saw in the theaters, and Spider-Man was always one of my favorite superheroes. So, seeing him on the big screen and the origin come to life, along with the characters of Peter Parker and MJ being played by who I thought were the greatest actors for the role, just made my life. I still get excited to put in the DVD and watch it.

And then I might have to go with Spider-Man 3. I didn't have anything against Spider-Man 2; it just wasn't one of my favorites probably because it just had a weird feel to it, I don't know. For Spider-Man 3, I really enjoyed Venom being a part of that, and I thought it played well on the friendship/betrayal aspect between Peter and Harry. Although, I know a lot of people hated SP 3, and I'm not entirely sure why (unless it was the dance scene when Peter was bad), but I rather liked it.

The Amazing Spider-Man wasn't horrible. I expected it to completely butcher the entire Spider-Man legacy, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was rather good, actually. Just not one of my favorites.

sharpwriter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:19 AM   #16
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Spider-Man 1 and 2.

I absolutely didn't like The Amazing Spider-Man. Spider-Man 3 was alright but the flaws were not hard to see.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:29 AM   #17
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Didn't much care for the Raimi films. But the first film is probably the least flawed, and has a bit of nostalgia to it. Also the first to do it.

So Amazing, followed by 1.

Thundercrack85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #18
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

My two favorites are now The Amazing Spider-Man, because of pretty much everything in it, followed by Spider-Man 2 because of the fantastic Doctor Octopus and the fight sequences.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #19
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

SM & SM2.

The original film was a fanstastic origin story which lacked a little in the way of a compelling villain story. The second film remedies that perfectly with the Dr. Octopus plotline and remains the definitive Spide-Man film and one of the best comic book films to date. I have a fondness for 3 but it's clearly the weakest Raimi film. TASM is alright.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #20
Dragon
No Way as Way

Spidey 2 and 1. I see Spidey 2 not so much as being superior to 1, but as the natural extension and furthering of 1. But because it has bigger action and better developed villain (Due to bigger budget, improved effects), it is a better Spidey film the way the comics improved over time, even though there isn't anything wrong with the early work. Of course the faltering of Spidey 3 is well-discussed, even though I maintain the film has some great moments.

TASM just doesn't cut it. There's no reason why it shouldn't be a much better film than it is. Bigger budget, improved technology, audience acceptance and knowledge of Spider-Man. All the wrong choices were made on that movie when they should've known better by now. The most stand-out moment was the school fight. Add that to the list of excellent Spider-Man screen battles and you have about my favorite on screen action star next to Bruce Lee.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #21
bullets
bang bang

Spider-Man 2 - It's still one of the best comic films to date.

The Amazing Spider-Man- Andrew is a more compelling Parker/Spider-man and the new trilogy shows great promise.

Last edited by bullets; 07-11-2012 at 12:29 PM.
bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #22
optimus2861
Side-Kick

^ What Dragon said up there. SM2 & SM1 are my favourites. TASM tried but came up short. It seemed like it tried too hard to be different and lost a bit too much of Spider-Man's soul in the process.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #23
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Spider-Man 2 is the closest thing to a perfect superhero film Marvel-wise in my opinion. So obviously that one. Now, whether Spidey 1 or TASM is better is tough to choose. If I hadn't already seen Spidey 1, I would have been WAY more impressed with TASM yknow? Otherwise I mainly liked the second half of TASM because it felt newer than the redone origin.

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #24
Rogue Kira
All Knowing Spidey-Fan

The Amazing Spider-Man #1

and Spider-man 2 i guess .

in my opinion the Rami Trilogy was enjoyable minus the third movie but overall the first three films were not good Spidey adaptations.
dont get me wrong the first two were GOOD films .

Rogue Kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #25
OrgasmicPotatoe
Side-Kick

The Amazing Spider-Man and Spiderman 2, in no particular order.

Spiderman 2 obviously because of Alfred Molina's Doc Ock, he nailed the character, and I thought his suit and his mechanical arms were 10 times better looking than any other depictions I ever saw. And I still hold a soft spot for the train fight, as a lot of people still do. The poses Spiderman takes, the action, the battle in general, when he stops the train, how Doc Ock comes back in the picture when Spiderman just stopped the train : Fantastic !

And as always, special mention goes to J.K. Simmons for his Jonah Jameson. Especially the scene where Peter takes his suit back. It's everything Jonah Jameson is in one scene.

And the Amazing Spiderman, maybe for the more fleshed out origin story, the plots that are left for further sequels, the webshooters, although I was a huge fan of the organic web. I always thought if he was going to have Spider-like powers, couldn't he AT LEAST be able to produce his own web ? The Lizard was a nice choice, and the humour in the movie felt refreshing !
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I also like the fact that he doesn't kill the Lizard, unlike Green Goblin, Venom and Doc Ock (and the Protogoblin, in a way).

Last edited by OrgasmicPotatoe; 08-08-2012 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Added a spoiler "box"
OrgasmicPotatoe is offline   Reply With Quote