The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 08-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #26
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Default Re: Of the 4 Spider-Man films made so far,what 2 are your favorite and why?

SM2 and ASM in that order. SM1 comes really close to knocking ASM off of that position, though.

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #27
Rogue Kira
All Knowing Spidey-Fan

Default Re: Of the 4 Spider-Man films made so far,what 2 are your favorite and why?

The organic web was nice and spidey at one point in the comics does gain the ability to produce his own web. but i think giving him organic web in the movies took away form his from how smart he is .and you really don't see that in this first trilogy .But I digress the train fight scene was awesome and is one of the reasons I love the second movie.despite it falling short the story-line it was trying to adapt . Regardless its shortcomings that I love the movie.

Rogue Kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #28
OriginalMiles
Me > The World

I'll name them all in order.
1- Spidey 1
2- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
3- Spidey 2
4- The Amazing Spider-Man (1977)
5- Spidey 3

OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #29
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I honestly loved all the films(yes,even part 3 people!). Spider-man 2 is still the best though. I would rank them like this:

Spider-man 2...5 out of 5 stars
Amazing Spider-man...2.5 out of 5 stars
Spider-man...4 out of 5 stars
Spider-man 3...3.5 out of 5 stars

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01

Last edited by Venom75; 04-14-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #30
Peter Parkerish
White_widows assistant

the first spidey with Tobey Mcguire because that started it all

The amazing spiderman with Andrew garfield because that has a lot of potential in it

Peter Parkerish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #31
Morning Root
Side-Kick

Spider-man 2
My first choice is based off of the film's layers and its wonderful ability to extend a powerful broadcast of psychological struggle beyond the flash and thrill of a common superhero flick. It held on heavily to a strong message with the film's central characters, Parker and Octavius, both going through the same conflict of choosing whether or not to follow one's ambitions at the stake of failing their own standards of what is morally correct. I can't help but love it for reaching me so easily.

Not to mention, Raimi's casting of Alfred Molina was pure genius. A real gem, that actor is.

Spider-man
This is what started it all. A successful film in the new millennium about a single super hero (unlike X-men). It's difficult not to appreciate it for that reason.

Last edited by Morning Root; 08-11-2012 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Changed my mind. Deal with it.
Morning Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #32
ParkerPeters
Mighty Amazing

TASM 2012. Because the cast, and the crew all seem to genuinely understand the source material. Andrew Garfield is so great at being Spidey, it is scary.

That being said, Alfred Molina as Doc Ock has been my favorite villain. Spot on.

ParkerPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #33
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Amazing Spider-Man is number one mainly because I actually enjoy watching it.

At a distant second is Spider-Man 2. Because it was the least average of the trilogy. Most average? Hell it was just extremely average. That being said I had a fun time watching it when it came out. As a 12-year-old.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #34
Rogue Kira
All Knowing Spidey-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Amazing Spider-Man is number one mainly because I actually enjoy watching it.

At a distant second is Spider-Man 2. Because it was the least average of the trilogy. Most average? Hell it was just extremely average. That being said I had a fun time watching it when it came out. As a 12-year-old.
Time goes by quick doesn't it ?

Rogue Kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #35
VenomShock
Side-Kick

1. Spider-Man 2 - 5 out of 5
2. Spider-Man - 4 out of 5
3. Spider-Man 3 - 3.5 out of 5
4. The Amazing Spider-Man 1.5 out of 5

VenomShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #36
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

I've ranked them before, but my rundown:

Spider-Man 2 - 5/5
Spider-Man - 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man - 3/5
Spider-Man 3 - 3/5

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #37
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomShock View Post
1. Spider-Man 2 - 5 out of 5
2. Spider-Man - 4 out of 5
3. Spider-Man 3 - 3.5 out of 5
4. The Amazing Spider-Man 1.5 out of 5
You liked Spider-Man 3 that much more than Amazing Spider-Man? I respect your opinion, but I would just like to hear why you feel that way

I have ranked the movies several times but here is my list:

1. Spider-Man 2 - 9.5/10
2. Spider-Man - 9/10
3. The Amazing Spider-Man - 8.5/10
4. Spider-Man 3 - 6/10

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #38
VenomShock
Side-Kick

I really disliked TASM, whilst I really liked Spider-Man 3. While Spider-Man 3 IS flawed, I still thought it told a perfectly solid story, I really sympathized with the characters and the emotions they were expressing. I feel that there were some truly GREAT bits scattered through this movie that were all Raimi that make me wish he'd gotten full control again. I still think that despite studio interference Raimi delivered a solid Spider-Man film. There's nothing about it that makes me angry, there are a few moments that I thought were a bit cheap, but I was able to forgive those as the rest of the movie was either good or great. I thought he improved the character of Eddie Brock, who was always a really weak character until he got the suit. When he does in this movie, I acknowledge that he's not really Venom, but I'm still fine with the character as he works thematically with the film. I enjoyed scenes that other people hated like the dancing scenes because A)I thought they were funny as intended and B) That they TOO worked thematically. The action was still top notch, there were several moments where I felt genuine emotion (Sandman telling the true story, the reveal of Harry's burned face, Peter getting angry at George Stacy for not telling him about the Sandman bit). The Sandman retcon I thought was fine A) Because as of Spider-Man 2 Peter is no longer guilt-driven and B) It's handled properly with characters responding the correct way and not doing anything contrived because of it.

I also really enjoyed Tobey's acting I gotta say. There were plenty of moments that I thought were beyond phenomenal. Even if they were small. The anger at George Stacy being one of them, Peter and Harry at the cafe is another, I thought in that scene that he really nailed that feeling of "I just got dumped and am not quite over it but I'm finally able to talk about it without getting too upset", and I thought his Black-Suit Peter was reeaaaaaaaaaaaally prickish and unlikable which was perfect. He was still a nerd, but he was a nerd that was self-absorbed beyond belief. And I liked the way that co-oped Eddie Brock's character. How they mirrored each other (Black suit peter = Regular Eddie Brock, Black Suit Eddie Brock = The complete dark opposite of regular Spider-Man). I just also really liked that they made the superhero become self-absorbed in this, that's a first for the genre, and it wasn't the likeable kind that we got a year later with Iron Man.

As for TASM: I found it technically impressive with little nice touches (all Webb, like the bored Peter playing games on his cell-phone after he got bored of waiting). But that's where the goodness stops. I found Peter Parker annoying and not the least bit teenagery, but more mentally disabled as EVERY single supporting character or extra gave him that questioning look as he stuttered through his lines worse than Shia Labeouf. I know what it's like to have been an awkward teenager, and frankly that wasn't it at all. I found the similarities to the original film grotesque and abundant, I found the origin story less interesting, the film was filled with plot contrivancies like "Why would Peter Parker leave around a camera of his covered in Web that HAD HIS NAME ON IT" or "Why did it take Peter Parker 13 years to type his father's name in a search engine?". I found the origin story uneccessary as it told nothing new, the whole parent story was dropped after 50 minutes of run-time and all it could've been included in a non-origin story. They didn't need to make an origin to establish the tone and atmosphere, they were just being a bunch of lazy bastards by mimicking what they'd already done and half-assing the rest.

And that's really the part I feel is insulting. The movie is nothing but laziness and marketing. "Lets buy the fanboys with things as minor as Gwen Stacy and Mechanical Webshooters! We'll even be lazy about them and have them be stolen technology!", "Lets buy the teenage girl audience by having a Peter that isn't cringeworthy in his dorkiness like Maguire at times, but stuttery and adorable for their adoration!", "Lets buy the pretentious crowd who think that darker = more human". They did nothing new story-wise that amounted to anything, it actually qualifies as a remake and not a reboot. It was mere laziness. Make minor changes, tease toward a bigger mystery that doesn't hold much weight (and amounts to the most laughable end credits teaser in the history of film), make this more of a product than an actual film. In that sense, it's almost equivalent to Batman and Robin in the sense that it was the studio's desire to have a marketable franchise that ruined the movie, despite this being the much more competant work.

I thought the movie was a big slap in the face when it could've been really good. The creative team excited me, but overall I don't think they had much freedom. I feel no need to continue following this franchise. I have 3 Spider-Man films that I like already, I don't need any more.

VenomShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #39
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I'm still going for Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man as my two favorite Spidey films.

Spider-Man 2 - 9/10
Spider-Man - 7/10
The Amazing Spider-Man - 6/10
Spider-Man 3 - 3/10

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #40
optimus2861
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomShock View Post
I feel that there were some truly GREAT bits scattered through this movie that were all Raimi that make me wish he'd gotten full control again.
Agreed.. the opening Peter/Harry fight is great. The key to the city scene is great leading into the first Spidey/Sandman confrontation which is a treat. I can watch that much of SM3 over & over again and love it. It's after that damned black suit shows up...

Quote:
I thought he improved the character of Eddie Brock, who was always a really weak character until he got the suit.
I think it's very telling that in every non-616 Spidey version that features Venom, every single one, Eddie Brock gets heavily changed/developed prior to getting the suit. The original Eddie Brock character as he appeared in ASM#300 up to ASM#375 or so sucks, and he didn't get better with time. Raimi also had to heavily adapt & develop Brock, and while I think he didn't quite hit the mark I give him props for trying the mirror-image route.

Quote:
I thought (TASM) was a big slap in the face when it could've been really good. The creative team excited me, but overall I don't think they had much freedom. I feel no need to continue following this franchise.
Yeah, it just didn't work for me either. I've been a Spidey fan for a lot of my 37 years, read lots of Spidey comics, watched cartoons, watched movies, played video games, but with TASM I simply couldn't believe that character on that screen was Peter Parker. Without that, none of the rest matters.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #41
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

-Spider-Man (I tend to have soft spots for the first films)

tie-The Amazing Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2 (Spidey 2 is the better made film, but I thought TASM was overall more enjoyable-I thought TASM was going to be terrible but I enjoyed it......let me get ready to dodge stones.........although its been a while since I've seen Spidey 2...and I know next time I see it my list will change...)

-Spider-Man 3 (I probably haven't seen the film since it came out...,,,and If I do see it I'm pretty sure my opinion won't change, I wasn't too particularly fond of it, but it did have its moments...)

Thank you for your vote, Hellion. (now I'd vote for you! :) )
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #42
iHateHarley

Spiderman 2 - Molina's "Doc Oc" was amazing, and I still lmao when Ted Raimi's character gets rejected by JJ when he suggests they should call the new villain "Doctor Octopus," then Jonah eventually settled on (and loves) it.

Spiderman 3 - i think something that has helped fuel my love for the movie was a damn impressive video game - and the voice actors in the game were from the movie! always loved that...

Yes, it was jumbled and overflowed, and I would gladly sit through a full 24 hours of Topher Grace's venom (we got like 30 mins) but as a huge Spidy fan I loved the movie, the humor (Particularly from Peter and JJ), the ending was satisfactory TO ME, moving, emotional, and hell i liked the damn movie!
3. Spiderman (1) - origin story well told, WD is a good Goblin and a GREAT Norman.

4. TASM - loved it, but loved it 4th most of all these. I have a great appreciation for Sam Raimi's Spidy trilogy. (4th one with Venom/Carnage would have ROCKED) but oh, well.

iHateHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #43
THUNDERSTRIKE
I GOT YER PORK GRIND HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Spider-Man 2 - A great story for Peter struggling with the responsibility of being Spider-Man and how it's ruining his life. Doc Ock is a fantastic villain, visually awesome, and played to perfection by Alfred Molina. The action scenes are top notch. The supporting cast like Aunt May, Jonah, and Harry all have bigger meatier roles to play in the story.

Spider-Man - Great origin story. Handles Peter's transformation into a hero really well. Willem Dafoe is a brilliant Norman Osborn, but his Green Goblin is a bit too cartoony and his costume is awful. The action scenes are not as dazzling and impressive as the movie's successors, but they are still good. Aunt May, Uncle Ben and Harry are a great supporting cast.

ditto to both...

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #44
THUNDERSTRIKE
I GOT YER PORK GRIND HERE

oh, and how I rate 'em...

#1 Spider-Man 2
#2 Spider-Man
#3 Amazing Spider-Man
#4 Spider-Man 3

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #45
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
oh, and how I rate 'em...

#1 Spider-Man 2
#2 Spider-Man
#3 Amazing Spider-Man
#4 Spider-Man 3

Old 09-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #46
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Spider-Man 3 - 8.5/10
Spider-Man - 8/10
The Amazing Spider-Man - 7.8/10
Spider-Man 2 - 7/10

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #47
DaltonSpidey94
Side-Kick

The Amazing Spider-Man & Spider-Man are my favorites

Last edited by DaltonSpidey94; 10-07-2012 at 08:28 AM.
DaltonSpidey94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #48
Troy_Parker
Banned User

...Aziz, you really think Spider-Man 3 is better than TASM?

Last edited by Troy_Parker; 10-07-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #49
Anno_Domini
Banned User

He thinks S-M 3 is better than S-M 2. No telling why, but he does.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #50
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

I like spider-man 3, bur it's for sure not the best, much less better than SM2 lol

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote