The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default That Guy With The Glasses II

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
Hey, CR and JesuOtaku are finally in an Anniversary video! And... Luke Mochrie is still on the site? I swear, that kid does a video once per year just to remind us he's still alive.
Yeah. People complain about the frequency of Spoony's output...

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Booyah. In before the close

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
SymbioticToxin
Dominus of Megadeus
 
SymbioticToxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Up on Melancholy Hill
Posts: 5,686
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Speaking of, I kinda wish CR got a bit more love. I've seen a few of his videos and they're pretty good, and he's decent with animation.

__________________
One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it.
Vincent van Gogh
SymbioticToxin is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,038
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

The only TGWTG videos I watch are Nostalgia's Critic and even then it's not all the time. I enjoyed the "Moulin Rouge" crossover and some of Kickasia (though I never finished it), but I didn't realize until I saw this thread that it's a business. Do all these people work together on a daily basis? Because the whole firing Spoony thing I just read about seems like a workplace mess. I didn't realize these people really worked together or see each other often. Go figure.

Anyway, if the NC's videos end that's too bad. One of the few guy's on the Internet with video reviews that I actually think are as witty and entertaining as they think they are. Oh well.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #7
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,133
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Yeah, going off of what Shemtov said, I have bipolar 2 and I've never gone on an insane, alienating, Charlie Sheen-esque rant on twitter in response to criticism that got me fired. Being bipolar just means you sometimes feel like absolute **** for no reason and can't control it, but it doesn't force you to vent the frustration it causes in a really over the top way.

On that same note, I also found his "sequel to bipolar" joke to be very funny.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Yeah, going off of what Shemtov said, I have bipolar 2 and I've never gone on an insane, alienating, Charlie Sheen-esque rant on twitter in response to criticism that got me fired. Being bipolar just means you sometimes feel like absolute **** for no reason and can't control it, but it doesn't force you to vent the frustration it causes in a really over the top way.

On that same note, I also found his "sequel to bipolar" joke to be very funny.
Yet, another poster who used to be on the forums had bipolar 2 (I think it was 2) frequently started exploding at people in his posts in a game we played, as time went on. It got so bad, that I had to ban him from the game because everyone else was threatening to leave. Which set him off on another massive rant before leaving the Hype completely.

It all depends on the person.

Huh...I just realized he Spoonyed.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
Wheels
HR Supporter
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,356
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I'm a big fan of Nostalgia Critic and Doug in general, so it would sad to see him go. He is that guy with the glasses after all. I do enjoy Nostalgia Chick and Linkara as well though so I would still visit the site.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,133
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Yet, another poster who used to be on the forums had bipolar 2 (I think it was 2) frequently started exploding at people in his posts in a game we played, as time went on. It got so bad, that I had to ban him from the game because everyone else was threatening to leave. Which set him off on another massive rant before leaving the Hype completely.

It all depends on the person.

Huh...I just realized he Spoonyed.
I've definitely wanted to do that sort of thing at times. I've just usually been too shy to do it.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,588
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I doubt Doug is going to stop making videos. I think this is just their last anniversary movie. Doug mentioned something about not doing anything else on this scale in the coming years.

Manic is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #12
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I think they'll keep doing anniversaries. They can't stop before the 5th.

They'll just be smaller in scope. It's getting too hard for them to produce these huge events.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,133
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I doubt Doug will stop making videos. He may just stop making Nostalgia Critic videos.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #14
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,768
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

He is kind of running out of nostalgic material.

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Spoony posted the trailer on his site.

He asked people to be respectful in the comments. And has nearly 350 comments when he usually gets around 150 tops. You can put 2 and 2 together to figure out what's going on in there

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #16
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
I doubt Doug will stop making videos. He may just stop making Nostalgia Critic videos.
Or just take a break.

Until the 5th year quest!

Channel Awesome: The Search for Ma-Ti

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,133
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I kind of hope he retires the Critic. I think the bit has gotten old.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #18
Shemtov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,867
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Or just take a break.

Until the 5th year quest!

Channel Awesome: The Search for Ma-Ti
Hmmm....Not a bad idea.....
The Critic "retires" after "To Boldly Flee" and the 5th year features the gang dragging him out of retirement.

Shemtov is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #19
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemtov View Post
Hmmm....Not a bad idea.....
The Critic "retires" after "To Boldly Flee" and the 5th year features the gang dragging him out of retirement.
"Critic!"

"Don't call me that!" Goes back to drinking and watching bad movies.

"But we need you."

"I don't do that anymore..."

"It's Ma-Ti."

Looks at them seriously. "...where's my tie?"

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #20
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

holy ****, that was a completely unintentional pun.

But I'm not changing it

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #21
Shemtov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,867
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Yeah, going off of what Shemtov said, I have bipolar 2 and I've never gone on an insane, alienating, Charlie Sheen-esque rant on twitter in response to criticism that got me fired. Being bipolar just means you sometimes feel like absolute **** for no reason and can't control it, but it doesn't force you to vent the frustration it causes in a really over the top way.

On that same note, I also found his "sequel to bipolar" joke to be very funny.
I don't think it was just his bipolar. I also think that a conspiracy consisting of Scarlett, Lupa, Holly Todd, and Lordkat took advantage of it to get him thrown off TGWTG.com


Last edited by Shemtov; 06-27-2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: typos
Shemtov is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #22
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,311
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I hope you're kidding

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 06-27-2012 at 10:56 PM.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #23
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,629
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Ok, I knew Shemtov liked Spoony. But he just sealed my opinion that he is just a Spoony fanatic.

__________________
Check out the pilot episode for my web-series: From the Dust
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Squirrel is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #24
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,768
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemtov View Post
I don't think it was just his bipolar. I also think that a conspiracy consisting of Scarlett, Lupa, Holly Todd, and Lordkat took advantage of it to get him thrown off TGWTG.com
A conspiracy? Really?

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #25
Shemtov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,867
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
A conspiracy? Really?
Yes. Lupa & Scarlett = Friends.
Scarlett returns to the net. Soon after, Lupa writes how she's offended by a MONTH-OLD Joke.
What took so long to reply?

Shemtov is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.