The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #526
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
 
the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: belfast northern ireland
Posts: 20,843
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Ok that looks amazingly made.

__________________
And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #527
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

whoa. I'm playing catchup and was watching Marzgurl's commentary on her first review, and she mentioned SuperHeroHype.

I geeked a little.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #528
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,633
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

We're famous.

The Squirrel is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #529
Shemtov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,867
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

They're retooling Demo Reel....

Shemtov is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #530
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,468
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Good to hear. Doug Walker usually takes criticism well, I'm glad he is in this case.

__________________
This is what I have to say to everyone who has a problem with Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #531
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

It sorta sounds like Doug is using some Hollywood double speak there.

"We didn't feel it was going in the direction we wanted to go."

Translation:
"We saw the fans rip episode 1 apart and are hoping not to lose anymore viewers."

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #532
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,637
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Teething problems. Lots of TV shows go through the same thing, which is why the end of season 1 rarely feels the same as the pilot episode.

Manic is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #533
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,468
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
It sorta sounds like Doug is using some Hollywood double speak there.

"We didn't feel it was going in the direction we wanted to go."

Translation:
"We saw the fans rip episode 1 apart and are hoping not to lose anymore viewers."
It is possible that he agreed with them that it wasn't as good as it could be. Not wanting to lose viewers and not being satisfied with the quality of your own output are not mutually exclusive.

__________________
This is what I have to say to everyone who has a problem with Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 06:04 PM   #534
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Marzgurl lost her mother to cancer last night.

http://marzgurl.tumblr.com/post/3617...g-on-behalf-of

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #535
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Ok, once you get past the slow beginning, and the meth kicks in, that episode of Demo Reels really gets good

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #536
Shemtov
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,867
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Ok, once you get past the slow beginning, and the meth kicks in, that episode of Demo Reels really gets good
You may want to clarify that phrase/put it in spoiler tags.

Shemtov is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #537
SymbioticToxin
Why're ya screamin'?
 
SymbioticToxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Up on Melancholy Hill
Posts: 5,871
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Marzgurl lost her mother to cancer last night.

http://marzgurl.tumblr.com/post/3617...g-on-behalf-of

My condolences and best wishes to her family.

__________________
One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it.
Vincent van Gogh
SymbioticToxin is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #538
obin_gam
Side-Kick
 
obin_gam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: communist utopia
Posts: 3,632
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

New show up! Sibling Rivalry where Rob and Doug reviews movies together. This is 100% more entertaining than DR

__________________
"To match the shoeswith the jacket is fey.
To match the shoes with the hat is taste."

- Gene Wilder
obin_gam is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #539
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon
 
Lighthouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: A beach somewhere.
Posts: 10,869
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

All of these reviews of Breaking Dawn 2 are tempting me to actually see it just for the final fight sequence.

__________________
...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #540
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,637
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I love how Rob & Doug's real personalities are so perfectly comedy duo-ish. That instantly became one of the most entertaining movie vlogs on the site.

On another note, I thought the new episode of Demo Reel was hilarious. The episode really picks up as soon as (as wiegeabo said) the meth kicks in. Also, I'm finding the behind-the-scenes antics a hell of a lot more entertaining than the sweded film sketches.

Manic is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #541
SymbioticToxin
Why're ya screamin'?
 
SymbioticToxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Up on Melancholy Hill
Posts: 5,871
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I think, vlog-wise, Sibling Rivalry may become my favorite movie vlog next to the Team Snob vlogs.
Haven't watched the new Demo Reel yet.

__________________
One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it.
Vincent van Gogh
SymbioticToxin is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #542
DX
YES! YES! YES!
 
DX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: England
Posts: 21,873
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Ok, that review of Breaking Dawn Part 2 was ****ing epic.

__________________
Avvy by Kane52630

SM1: 8.5/10
SM2: 9.5/10
SM3: 6.5/10
TASM: 4/10
TASM2: lol/10
DX is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #543
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,980
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

What is Doug up to nowadays?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #544
Wheels
HR Supporter
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,557
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
What is Doug up to nowadays?
Demo Reel. Episode 2 was awesome in my opinion.

"Your words become colors when they leave your lips."

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo

Last edited by Wheels; 11-22-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Wheels is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #545
'The Hulk'
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 4
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Stinks Nostalgia Critic ended.

'The Hulk' is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #546
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat
 
Parker Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 24,175
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Dd anyone sees Todd's latest video about the worst hits of 2004? Todd pretty much nailed why I stopped listening to Hip-hop for several years. Crunk music is awful.

Also, I totally agree with #1. When I first started listening to Eminem with his greatest hits soundtrack, Just Lose was the a song I always skipped (well, that and FACK).

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #547
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,865
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Sibling Rivalry is as good as Nostalgia Critic, and better than Demo Reel, which has significantly improved.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #548
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,261
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Okay, whatever they did to retool Demo Reel, it seems to be working. That second episode was hilarious. Not perfect, but getting there. Way better than the first. I think the main problem is that they went in focusing way too much on the movie parody skits when the characters themselves are the draw of the series.

Plus, with the behind-the-scenes antics, they can get away with parodies that are alot more subtle. The Alien-esque plotting of this one was genius.

Batman is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #549
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,342
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I loved the Ghostbusters part

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #550
Wheels
HR Supporter
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,557
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Some of Doug's fans on the TGWTG forum are absurdly critical. Complaining about Rob's German accent and such. What do they expect him to do? Hire a dialect coach?

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.