The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #76
gregtestagent
humblevaudvillianveteran
 
gregtestagent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,719
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

i knew someone here would be talkin about spoony

__________________
"""You know the thing about chaos, its fair."""
The Joker
gregtestagent is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #77
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
 
DarkSovereignty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 13,335
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

yeah, like 2 or 3 weeks ago...

__________________
http://dapperfowl.wordpress.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #78
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

And what's going on with Roses? Some kind of medical emergency or something?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #79
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Still on the ConBravo website




This should be interesting

(The picture is almost too ironically perfect)

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 05:11 AM   #80
C.F. Kane
Side-Kick
 
C.F. Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Xanadu
Posts: 5,419
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Still on the ConBravo website




This should be interesting

(The picture is almost too ironically perfect)
Dammit, I laughed at that.

C.F. Kane is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #81
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,949
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

So, I think I've gotten to the point where I really don't like Linkara anymore. I just don't find him funny.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #82
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,626
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

His story lines are awful, and only the big Marvel/DC reviews draw me in anymore.

__________________
Check out the pilot episode for my web-series: From the Dust
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Squirrel is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #83
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,949
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
His story lines are awful, and only the big Marvel/DC reviews draw me in anymore.
I liked them at first, but the problem with them now is, I think, that he boggs them down with really long boring stretches of expository dialogue that no one really cares about. He says he recognizes he does it, because he's paranoid about getting caught in perceived plot holes, but he really needs to stop. Show not tell and all that.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #84
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh
 
PyroChamber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,257
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I like his History of Power Rangers videos, but you have to wait so long before he does another one.

__________________
"I hate you, I hate you, I don't even know you and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you, and nobody else but you."

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #85
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
I like his History of Power Rangers videos, but you have to wait so long before he does another one.
Well, yeah. How many hours of video is a season, then to make notes, then to go through all that footage again to edit it together after writing the script, plus keeping up his weekly schedule for his regular show...

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #86
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,949
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I don't really get the appeal of the Power Rangers videos. Like, 90% of the video is just him recapping the things in the season. The bulk of the actual commentary and analysis is in the last couple of minutes. There's not actually that much original content in it. I'll put it on when I'm bored and want some background noise while I read, but that's about it.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #87
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,626
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Well I never watched the show, so I enjoy the recap.

__________________
Check out the pilot episode for my web-series: From the Dust
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Squirrel is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #88
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I still like him.

And I stopped watching Power Rangers before the first movie, so his show has been really informative. I need the recaps to know what he's talking about when he gets to his analysis.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #89
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 38,949
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I still like him.

And I stopped watching Power Rangers before the first movie, so his show has been really informative. I need the recaps to know what he's talking about when he gets to his analysis.
But I think it could be handled better. Work in the explanations of what's going on while analyzing. It would help if he didn't do it strictly chronologically.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #90
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

New NC review of Baby Geniuses 2 is out, pretty funny.

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14




Last edited by TheIrishAvenger; 07-17-2012 at 07:09 PM.
TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #91
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,626
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Is there cussing? You might want to remove the link.

__________________
Check out the pilot episode for my web-series: From the Dust
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Squirrel is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #92
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
Is there cussing? You might want to remove the link.
Sorry bout that. Great review (so far)

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #93
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,626
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I just don't like seeing people get infracted for that.

__________________
Check out the pilot episode for my web-series: From the Dust
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Squirrel is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #94
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon
 
Lighthouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: A beach somewhere.
Posts: 10,825
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

The last 5 minutes of the new Critic review had me in tears.

__________________
...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #95
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!
 
Parker Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 23,278
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
I just don't like seeing people get infracted for that.
That's how I got my 2 infractions for posting videos with cursing in it. I think it's dumb to infraction for that if it's once in a while.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Spielberg wanted to ground the myth of Lincoln in reality. "I wanted to say, what if this guy actually existed? What would it be like?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline  
Old 07-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #96
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

The ending is absolutely hilarious; Floss, Critic, Uncle Yo and Team Four Star reading 50 Shades Of Grey

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #97
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,532
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I could barely make it through the review because I already saw MikeJ's, but it was worth it for those last 5 minutes.

Manic is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #98
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon
 
Lighthouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: A beach somewhere.
Posts: 10,825
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Now I really want an audiobook of "50 Shades" read by Mickey Mouse.

__________________
...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #99
SymbioticToxin
Dominus of Megadeus
 
SymbioticToxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Up on Melancholy Hill
Posts: 5,553
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I read a few comments on the new NC review, and the general statement is 'How can he like this?'. He didn't like it, just thought it was a tad better than the first one.

__________________
One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it.
Vincent van Gogh
SymbioticToxin is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #100
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 35,618
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Oh man, I was hoping to see him return to this manner in reviewing after I heard this week is BG's 2, didn't expect to see a sequel to the first, but I'm glad he stayed consistent, and had a few guest stars
Reading 50 Shades of Gray and imitating all those voices made it even better

Spider-Aziz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.