The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #101
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,377
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
I read a few comments on the new NC review, and the general statement is 'How can he like this?'. He didn't like it, just thought it was a tad better than the first one.
Don't you know that 99% of people on the internet think you have to be on one side or the other? That there is no middle ground?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 07-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #102
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,636
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Someone on the site needs to do this movie:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
This is what I have to say to everyone who has a problem with Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now  
Old 07-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #103
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 38,380
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Someone on the site needs to do this movie:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Watching it now

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.
SHH6 member 14: Supa-Pizza
Buh-Bye TMNT sub-forums, you will be missed.
Last date: 29th of October 2014.

W.H.O.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #104
SymbioticToxin
How do I Zord?
 
SymbioticToxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Up on Melancholy Hill
Posts: 5,976
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Mues already reviewed that.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne
That would be cool if I cared.
SymbioticToxin is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #105
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,636
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
Mues already reviewed that.
Who?

__________________
This is what I have to say to everyone who has a problem with Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now  
Old 07-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #106
SymbioticToxin
How do I Zord?
 
SymbioticToxin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Up on Melancholy Hill
Posts: 5,976
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

He reviews RAW and music. Think Rap Critic, but with other stuff besides rap.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne
That would be cool if I cared.
SymbioticToxin is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #107
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,636
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I just watched it. It was kinda bad.

__________________
This is what I have to say to everyone who has a problem with Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now  
Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #108
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Looking at the YT comments on NC's Digimon review, people seem to be sick of crossovers.

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #109
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,377
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Looking at the YT comments on NC's Digimon review, people seem to be sick of crossovers.
It's more like there's always some people sick of whatever a reviewer is doing.

If NC had done a regular review, you'd probably see a bunch of comments saying "Do more crossovers!!!"

Internet commentors aren't happy unless they can ***** about something.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 07-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #110
Darkness Falls
Do Try To Keep Up.....
 
Darkness Falls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: brisbane, Australia
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

the end of the superbabies review was hilarious
the impressions were all spot on

__________________
General Public: (on seeing tdkr multiple times) You Don't owe these people anymore...... you've given them EVERYTHING!!
DF: *Batman voice*: Not everything......Not Yet

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #111
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,869
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Agreed.

I have enjoyed the crossovers, and the impressions, too.

jonathancrane is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #112
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,636
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I don't like crossovers when it's just the two of them trading off commenting and making jokes. I like it when it's like in the Baby Geniuses 2 video, where there's actual interaction and jokes that would be impossible otherwise.

__________________
This is what I have to say to everyone who has a problem with Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now  
Old 07-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #113
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,677
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Yeah, the convention and anniversary crossovers are usually the best.

Speaking of which, it's really taking them a long time to finish editing this year's anniversary.

Manic is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #114
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,377
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

It was a massive project. So massive they had to outsource the special effects.


Like the trailer said, "Summer....ish."

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 07-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #115
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,636
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
It was a massive project. So massive they had to outsource the special effects.


Like the trailer said, "Summer....ish."
They should really outsource the editing and cinematography for big stuff like that.

__________________
This is what I have to say to everyone who has a problem with Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is online now  
Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #116
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,268
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Kyle's latest video is very awesome. A great introspective look at whether or not Bruce Wayne would be foolish to choose the symbol of a bat to guide his mission, through examination of the Bat's symbolic properties and interpretations in other cultures. I'm going to be periodically watching it for awhile to help me find inspiration with a project that I'm doing. Excellent analysis.

Batman is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #117
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,377
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

It's good to see Kyle remember his SHH roots

Great analysis, very deep. So many levels of bat mythology piling up on themselves, and pretty much defining what Batman is and his struggles with his internal demons.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is online now  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #118
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Roaming the landscape like a Tyrannosaurus Rex
Posts: 11,776
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticToxin View Post
He reviews RAW and music. Think Rap Critic, but with other stuff besides rap.
There is a guy that reviews wrestling?

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #119
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
 
DarkSovereignty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Shatterdome
Posts: 14,170
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

that almost seems pointless to me lol.

__________________
http://dapperfowl.wordpress.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
DarkSovereignty is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #120
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Roaming the landscape like a Tyrannosaurus Rex
Posts: 11,776
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
that almost seems pointless to me lol.
Not really.

Not if you understand the business and how promos and matches work. It's no different than reviewing any other show.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #121
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.
 
PyroChamber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,616
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Maybe someone from here can do it.

__________________
"I hate you, I hate you, I don't even know you and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you, and nobody else but you."

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #122
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Roaming the landscape like a Tyrannosaurus Rex
Posts: 11,776
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Hunter Rider or Pink Ranger reviewing wrestling would be fun.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #123
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.
 
Mrs. Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 24,496
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

That would be fun.

__________________
The things I do to win a Deathmatch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 01:08 AM   #124
Leenie
Make Up!
 
Leenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,209
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

Uh oh, Doug thought TDKR sucked.

The fans are going to go nuts on him, methinks. Haha.

__________________
Top 10 Comic Book Films: (1) Spider-Man 2, (2) Spider-Man,
(3) The Avengers, (4) Iron Man,
(5) The Dark Knight,
(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
,
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 02:27 AM   #125
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,651
Default Re: That Guy With The Glasses II - Part 2

I wouldn't say it sucked, but I wouldn't say it was good either.

The Squirrel is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.