The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #101
CB Fan
The Watcher

Default Re: I wish Disney could get the rights from Fox

I don't think that it's a must that they go back to marvel it would be nice but after 12yrs it finally looks like Fox might've found a good team in Singer and Vaughn a team that could really do some interesting things with the x-men franchise.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #102
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
You might want to keep the bitterness to yourself at this point...
I'm not bitter. Just unsweetened. *rimshot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
I don't think that it's a must that they go back to marvel it would be nice but after 12yrs it finally looks like Fox might've found a good team in Singer and Vaughn a team that could really do some interesting things with the x-men franchise.
They are very creative and ambitious directors. Kinda want Singer to direct though.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #103
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

You have In X-Men;days of future Past Bryan Singer, who revived the genre.Look I like Blade and admit It put Marvel's foot In door after years of mostly cheap TV productions
but X-Men brought It.And renewed Hollywood's Intrest In Genre.X2 Is conisdered one of top 10 comic book films ever.On some lists it Is only X-Men film to make the cut,producing and likely devolped the story. You have Matthew Vaughn directing.and Is working on the script.The top best recieved X-Men films are X2,and First Class.With X-Men close behind. First Class was best reviewed comic book film of 2011.Together this Is quite a team.Bryan helps devolps the story.Matthew has hand Inw riting the script.Bryan
helps make sure Matthew can make the film the best way he can.It worked great with First Class.It can work even better here.They have more time and more money here.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 08-01-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #104
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Can you type that with proper grammar and sentence structure please?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #105
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

I hope they can't get. I saw the movie today, it was really good. Probably better than any MCU movie yet.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #106
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall View Post
I hope they can't get. I saw the movie today, it was really good. Probably better than any MCU movie yet.
Okay fine....what if MCU got the rights back and brought Singer, Vaughn and company with them?

Wouldn't that open the doors to an even greater "Days of Futures Pass" film?

Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #107
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
Okay fine....what if MCU got the rights back and brought Singer, Vaughn and company with them?

Wouldn't that open the doors to an even greater "Days of Futures Pass" film?
It's already difficult to do a Days of Future Past as it is, you don't need to shoehorn the Avengers there

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #108
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

And what does the Avengers have to do with days of future Past? The only benefit would be to say superheros as well as mutants killed by sentinels

Old 08-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #109
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
It's already difficult to do a Days of Future Past as it is, you don't need to shoehorn the Avengers there
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
And what does the Avengers have to do with days of future Past? The only benefit would be to say superheros as well as mutants killed by sentinels
I never mentioned at any time during this discussion that the Avengers should be shoe horned into the Xmen films.

DOFP would be the perfect way of bringing Xmen into the Marvel Studio universe regardless though. Altering the timeline would be a great way of correcting a lot of the continuity flaws as well as the X-men's line up. And while in the mist of giving us a great film "Produced by Singer and Directed by Vaughn" mind you.. a cameo of a Steve Rodgers grave here... and a decimated Stark Building there would make for great Easter eggs for all Marvel fans in general right or wrong?

Last edited by YoungPrime; 08-05-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #110
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Marvel studios has yet to prove they do something not related to the Avengers.Now If Guardians of the Galexy Isn't just show they can have Thanos as villain In the Avengers 2 they may prove me wrong.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #111
Lord
All Mighty

That would only bring one question, where the hell did Stark and the Avengers go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #112
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
A cameo of a Steve Rodgers grave here... and a decimated Stark Building there would make for great Easter eggs for all Marvel fans in general right or wrong?
That would be a plot hole/screenwriting nightmare. People would ask what happened to the Avengers, SHIELD and why they were - or were not - being targeted by Sentinels.

The X-Men live in a world where there is distrust and dislike of superhuman powers.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #113
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Marvel studios has yet to prove they do something not related to the Avengers.Now If Guardians of the Galexy Isn't just show they can have Thanos as villain In the Avengers 2 they may prove me wrong.
Can someone first tell me how Marvel making a mega-hit out of Avengers has become some type of crutch or typecast on their part?

If you wanna be technical it's FOX who hasn't shown that they can do anything beyond the 2 or 3 decent X-men films. The F4 and Dare Devil franchise reboot speculations are proof of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
That would only bring one question, where the hell did Stark and the Avengers go?
I'm sure they'd do a little montage or verbal recap explaining what happen to most of Marvels hero's way before they even show it. Plus who's going to question a probable Apocalyptic future whether the Stark building is shown or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
That would be a plot hole/screenwriting nightmare. People would ask what happened to the Avengers, SHIELD and why they were - or were not - being targeted by Sentinels.
It's an alternate future. Meaning that it would explain itself. No one questioned the death of Peter Parker in the AOA stories, nor did they really have to. Many mutants would survive in the future because unlike the Avengers or F4 they'd have more of an idea of what they were up against due to experience.

Plus bringing Rachel Summers, Bishop or Cable back to the future to rectify things would be the whole point anyway. Thus making any deaths in the future irrelevant should they succeed.

Last edited by YoungPrime; 08-05-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #114
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
It's an alternate future. Meaning than it would explain itself. No one question the death of Peter Parker in the AOA stories, nor did they really have to. Many mutants would survive in the future because unlike the Avengers or F4 they'd have more of and idea of what they were up against due to experience.

Plus bringing Rachel Summers, Bishop or Cable back to the future to rectify things would be the whole point anyway. Thus making any deaths in the future irrelevant should they succeed.
It's too much too soon. We've only just had the first Avengers movie.

And, more importantly, this discussion is pointless, since it's not happening. No matter how much you talk about this, the Days of Future Past is proceeding separately as a Fox production rather than as a Marvel Studios production. So this debate is rather a waste of time and space, to be honest.

Old 08-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #115
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
It's too much too soon. We've only just had the first Avengers movie.

And, more importantly, this discussion is pointless, since it's not happening. No matter how much you talk about this, the Days of Future Past is proceeding separately as a Fox production rather than as a Marvel Studios production. So this debate is rather a waste of time and space, to be honest.
90% of what's stated by fans in these film forums wont happen in the actual films but I don't see it as pointless to give opinions despite this... Though the likelihood is dubious, a fan can still "wish". Which is pretty much what this thread is all about. So if you feel this is a waste of your time, then I'd like to point out that no one is forcing you to participate moving forward.

Oh and the X-men sequel wont be releasing until 2014 and we're talking about an potential "Easter egg" in an "alternate future". It was also rumored by Avi Arad that the Daily Bugle building might've been in Avengers. So anything is still possible...

Old 08-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #116
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Nah, not gonna happen. Fox is never gonna work with Marvel Studios.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #117
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
90% of what's stated by fans in these film forums wont happen in the actual films but I don't see it as pointless to give opinions despite this... Though the likelihood is dubious, a fan can still "wish". Which is pretty much what this thread is all about. So if you feel this is a waste of your time, then I'd like to point out that no one is forcing you to participate moving forward.
The thing is that the next X-Men is scripted and starts filming in six months so it's pretty much a done deal. We're not talking about imaginary ideas that may or may not happen in the distant future.

Quote:
Oh and the X-men sequel wont be releasing until 2014 and we're talking about an potential "Easter egg" in an "alternate future". It was also rumored by Avi Arad that the Daily Bugle building might've been in Avengers. So anything is still possible...
I don't think it would work. You'd need to explain why the Sentinels turned on all superheroes, if that is what they did. Or, if they didn't, why they didn't.

And I don't think it would happen. These studio contracts are closely protected. Marvel Studios isn't allowed to use the word 'mutants', for example, so although they could add Scarlet Witch to Avengers, they couldn't call her a mutant or mention her connection to Magneto.

It seems to me you are hoping to gradually chip away at these cast-iron contracts, but I doubt studios would allow it to happen. Several crossover ideas have already been rejected by the studios involved.

And this idea of one massive Marvel Universe just wouldn't work on screen. it would be a giant mess to handle, as you would have to explain why the heroes didn't keep helping each other out in each other's films.

Look how long, and how much effort, it took to get The Avengers film made. Years and years of solo movies. And now in every solo film they are going to have to find a way to explain why these teammates aren't turning up to help each other.

There will be the same issue with Justice League. And that's why we never saw a Batman/Superman team-up movie. Because in every Batman film afterwards people would be asking 'Why doesn't he call Superman? Why doesn't Superman fly in to save him.'

Old 08-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #118
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Nah, not gonna happen. Fox is never gonna work with Marvel Studios.
Fox is going to do what's in Fox's best interest... Deals are made behind the scenes all the time. Plus Fox hasn't made that much from these films that they're not willing to discuss selling the rights back vs having a potential bomb that brings them no revenue at all.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #119
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

Fox has enough control issues within its own studio, they're not going to bring in another studio to muddle it up more; especially now that things are finally looking good for their upcoming X-movies.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #120
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
The thing is that the next X-Men is scripted and starts filming in six months so it's pretty much a done deal. We're not talking about imaginary ideas that may or may not happen in the distant future.

I don't think it would work. You'd need to explain why the Sentinels turned on all superheroes, if that is what they did. Or, if they didn't, why they didn't.

And I don't think it would happen. These studio contracts are closely protected. Marvel Studios isn't allowed to use the word 'mutants', for example, so although they could add Scarlet Witch to Avengers, they couldn't call her a mutant or mention her connection to Magneto.

It seems to me you are hoping to gradually chip away at these cast-iron contracts, but I doubt studios would allow it to happen. Several crossover ideas have already been rejected by the studios involved.

And this idea of one massive Marvel Universe just wouldn't work on screen. it would be a giant mess to handle, as you would have to explain why the heroes didn't keep helping each other out in each other's films.

Look how long, and how much effort, it took to get The Avengers film made. Years and years of solo movies. And now in every solo film they are going to have to find a way to explain why these teammates aren't turning up to help each other.

There will be the same issue with Justice League. And that's why we never saw a Batman/Superman team-up movie. Because in every Batman film afterwards people would be asking 'Why doesn't he call Superman? Why doesn't Superman fly in to save him.'
I think you're grasping at straws at this point.

With all the passes you give Fox for their admitted flaws in comic book movies, how can you turn around and make up baseless imaginary ones by Marvel Studios?

All I can say at this point is that I strongly believe that Marvel Studios would give all these loose franchises the justice they deserve.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #121
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Umm... Marvel Studios has TONS of flaws too. I find it funny all these Marvel Studios' directors don't want to come back for a sequel, yet no one seems to question why. I nearly teared up laughing when they announced the directors for Captain America 2. Really scrapin that barrel. Reminds me of the Barbershop director helming Fantastic 4. Or the writer of Grumpy Old Men directing Ghost Rider.

All movie studios are the same. Marvel's no different.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:02 AM   #122
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Umm... Marvel Studios has TONS of flaws too. I find it funny all these Marvel Studios' directors don't want to come back for a sequel, yet no one seems to question why. I nearly teared up laughing when they announced the directors for Captain America 2. Really scrapin that barrel. Reminds me of the Barbershop director helming Fantastic 4. Or the writer of Grumpy Old Men directing Ghost Rider.

I do think X Men should stay at Fox cause they seem to be back making decent flicks now, but Cap 2 isnt proven to be a bad moie yet, and Marvel hasnt really ****ed up like Fox has in the past. X3,XMOW,FF and FF2 brought the hate and lots of it. Fox has had more cons then pros with their comic properties. They seem to be in good shape now, but Marvel has had much more success in about every dept.

Last edited by def28; 08-06-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #123
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

X-Men with FOX seems right. They've only made one lackluster X-Men film so far. 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

Oh wait...I forgot about Origins: Wolverine. @*&#!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #124
YoungPrime
Banned User

Well X-men I know isn't going anywhere, which saddens me but my hopes at this point are that Marvel/Disney will wise up and realize that getting F4's back would really expand their Live action Marvel world immensely.

Mind you that Fox could come back swinging and knock one out of the park with all of these franchise reboots and sequels. But no matter how good their efforts are, there will still be that lingering feeling that Marvel Studios with their resources could've made it far better...and I still feel that way about First Class.

So from a comic book fan's perspective I'm not willing to compromise seeing an "Okay" Dare Devil film for what could be ridiculously Epic under it's "rightful" management.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #125
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post

Marvel Studies has yet to make a terrible movie. And after hitting that billion dollar mark with just one film. (Something Fox nor Sony has yet to do within the 10 years of each having arguably some of the better Marvel characters) I seriously doubt they'll play around with any of these films moving forward.

Now I'm not saying that all the solo hero films with Marvel will top a billion but I'm quite sure that Thor and Cap's box office will at least double and Ironman 3 could do better than what Amazing Spider-man is doing now if they give us a good story and an Epic Mandarin character.

Last edited by YoungPrime; 08-06-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Closed Thread