The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 06-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #76
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014): Will tie-in with The Avengers

Well as as long as I see Maria Hill in Thor 2, Cap 2 and IM 3 ... I'd be so happy

Old 06-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #77
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Even at his base power level Thanos is powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with Thor and Thing at once.
Yeah, Thanos is a A class villain who becomes god-like after he acquires the Infinity Gauntlet. Since it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Thanos will get IG somehow (from Odin's treasure room), I think it would be best if they show that at the end of TA2, Thanos finally stolen the Cube as well as IG, and sets up the huge battle in the third movie of the trilogy. By that time, Avengers would get several more new members, such as Ant-Man & Wasp, BP (hopefully), and maybe even Vision or Ms. Marvel. With GOTG perhaps making a nice cameo to the fight, I think TA3 would've become the ROTJ/ROTK equivalent of the superhero movies.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #78
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Yeah, Thanos is a A class villain who becomes god-like after he acquires the Infinity Gauntlet. Since it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Thanos will get IG somehow (from Odin's treasure room), I think it would be best if they show that at the end of TA2, Thanos finally stolen the Cube as well as IG, and sets up the huge battle in the third movie of the trilogy. By that time, Avengers would get several more new members, such as Ant-Man & Wasp, BP (hopefully), and maybe even Vision or Ms. Marvel. With GOTG perhaps making a nice cameo to the fight, I think TA3 would've become the ROTJ/ROTK equivalent of the superhero movies.
No trilogy. Please. Avengers (and the MCU) is not a linear story with a beginning, middle and end....it's open-ended.
Move on to new realms, new villains and new heroes in Phase III....let Phase II be Thanos' section.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #79
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

As someone who's just about clueless about the majority of the Guardians of the Galaxy, color me excited.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:13 PM   #80
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No trilogy. Please. Avengers (and the MCU) is not a linear story with a beginning, middle and end....it's open-ended.
Move on to new realms, new villains and new heroes in Phase III....let Phase II be Thanos' section.
...And definitely no reboot after phase 3!

Just move on with the storylines with different characters, differentn directions..

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #81
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I don't see Marvel rebooting anything in the future, at most they may just recast roles if future circumstances call for it.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #82
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

I hope Marvel can find it in their hearts to avoid recasting at all costs. There's this thing called cgi if age becomes a factor. If it ends up being because the actors are done with playing their characters, that's the only acceptable reason imo.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #83
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Sorry if this was brought up already, but how was Rocket Raccoon's appearance on Avengers EMH handled? Was he played straight, or was he comic relief?

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #84
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Sorry if this was brought up already, but how was Rocket Raccoon's appearance on Avengers EMH handled? Was he played straight, or was he comic relief?
Both

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:51 PM   #85
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Did it work well?

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #86
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
can i just say...this... Avengers 2 in 2015? really? I have to wait like 3 freaking ass years for that movie?
LOL right there with you, but we had wait four years for Avengers 1 the pay out was worth it, however on regards to GOTG I'd like the movie to happen 2014 sounds good ,but I'd rather them be referenced in the avengers than be in it, if u have another team in there it kinda steals the thunder... I read the ign article interest I like theory of thanos letting Loki go threw his plan tjust go back to Asgard and get the infinity thing makes Loki could be in grander schemes which is sweet cause I like the character he's a different villain than we've seen

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #87
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Its not even RR that i'm most worried about. Its Groot. I mean a genius tree that 'absorbs' wood to survive. How do u fit these into the MCU?
Well the thing to understand is that most of the story is going to take place in the farthest reaches of the galaxy, where it's easier to accept absurd concepts like these existing.

Groot can fill the Chewbacca role. The harder sell IMO is Cosmo.

Saitou Hajime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #88
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

No Thanos in A3. As movies are going to used to build up to Thanos in A2 then the movies should be used to build up Utron in A3. The sad thing is A3 will most likely hit in 2018. Think about that for a second, 2018, how old will Downey, SLJ, etc be?

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #89
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I don't see Marvel rebooting anything in the future, at most they may just recast roles if future circumstances call for it.
Early signs are they are definitely in the mind-frame you are as far as recasting over rebooting. I think that is the way to go in the long term as well.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #90
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
They should put the original lineup instead.
Agreed. I want to see Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Pity about Black Panther.
This could be fun too though .
I am SO happy its not black panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I will be surprised if a single Avenger appears in the movie (well, maybe Thor if it ties into Thanos stealing the IG from Asgard).
Can't we expect Thanos to appear in Thor? After all, doesn't Loki have to face his punishment that Thanos will probably seek out to give as well?

Quote:
I agree Avengers shouldn't appear in GotG but I definately think Thanos should be the Main villian in GotG and then get a major power up at the end of the movie.

Look at Loki in Thor and Loki in Avengers. Loki is much more of a threat in Avengers and that is because he has the Cosmic Cube and power staff. That should be the same for Thanos, an 'B' class villian who gets a major power boost and becomes an 'A' class villian.

Quote:
I phased it wrong, I don't mean 'b' class villian such as Rhino, etc I mean power level. So 'b' class is a match for one, maybe superheroes but 'a' class is match for pretty much the entire Avengers, FF or X-Men. So Thanos is a mid level threat for GotG but by the end of the movie he is a threat for the entire Avengers.
The thing is though, even without power ups, Thanos is most likely a threat in himself for the avengers. Physically, he can go toe to toe with Hulk. And thats just physically. He should be able to take them. Him getting his powerups, well, if you wanna call it that, should just get him insane godlike power.

Quote:
ugh this again. I will be so disappointing if it isn't an end. I have said it before and I will say it again, I am NOT okay with a recast of Ironman, Cap, and Thor, etc, just for the sake of continuity.

disgusting

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #91
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Early signs are they are definitely in the mind-frame you are as far as recasting over rebooting. I think that is the way to go in the long term as well.
I hope they don't. I am so used to seeing Evan's as Cap, Hemsworth as Thor, RDJ as Stark, that it will be just weird to see different actors to play them for the sake of having an ongoing franchise. It will be difficult for me to watch.

Frankly I would hate it. I don't want to see Hemsworth not playing thor, evans not playing cap, RDJ not playing stark...etc. I'd rather have it just be a series with these actors, that we can look back at. I can't stress how much I am against them recasting for continuing it. If I find out they do go that route, I will probably be heartbroken, and in all honesty, be torn about wanting to watch and get involved with the avengers in the MCU, because to me, it will just feel...wrong...

and I am still shocked that no one else feels this way.

not to bring this back up

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #92
Splat
Side-Kick

All these roles will get recast eventually. Marvel Studios has and will invest a lot of time establishing a shared universe with these characters. I don't see them scrapping all that and starting over from square one when it comes time to recast Tony or Steve or whoever.

Last edited by Splat; 06-30-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #93
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I have said it before and I will say it again, I am NOT okay with a recast of Ironman, Cap, and Thor, etc, just for the sake of continuity.

disgusting
Better get used to the idea.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #94
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
The great thing is you close with the Guardian 'almost' beating Thanos and then Thanos pulls victory from the jaws of defeat as he gets his hands on the guantlet. You close with the guardians going to the Avengers for help. So you establish that Thanos is the baddest villian in the universe and a TRUE threat for the Avengers.
i can see how that will work...but to take down thanos the avengers as a team need more developing and this why i want some avengers to cameo in phase 2 movies
they better mention avengers while advertising GOTG

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #95
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I hope the tie-in with GOTG won't involve having both GOTG and Avengers appearing on screen and having a huge party or something, because I think having so many characters will overwhelm the audience (see X3) and ruin the goodwill they built with the amazing success of the first Avengers movie. The kind of tie-in I want is if GOTG crossed path with Thanos but couldn't stand him, and he'd make a small but important appearance in TA2, setting up a grand showtime in TA3. That would be the best case scenario imo.
by the time TA3 comes out everyone in the cast will get old especially RDJ

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #96
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I hope they don't. I am so used to seeing Evan's as Cap, Hemsworth as Thor, RDJ as Stark, that it will be just weird to see different actors to play them for the sake of having an ongoing franchise. It will be difficult for me to watch.

Frankly I would hate it. I don't want to see Hemsworth not playing thor, evans not playing cap, RDJ not playing stark...etc. I'd rather have it just be a series with these actors, that we can look back at. I can't stress how much I am against them recasting for continuing it. If I find out they do go that route, I will probably be heartbroken, and in all honesty, be torn about wanting to watch and get involved with the avengers in the MCU, because to me, it will just feel...wrong...

and I am still shocked that no one else feels this way.

not to bring this back up
What would feel "wrong" would be to kill off the Avengers, not to mention some of the most popular and enduring heroes in the Marvel Universe in their own rights, after roughly a decade or so, thus denying future generations the opportunity to PARTICIPATE in an ongoing pop culture phenomenon instead of having to latch on to some previous generation's idea of what's cool.

Plus, it would undeniably, inevitably, and irrevocably flush Marvel once and for all down the bankruptcy toilet. Making an ongoing Avengers franchise makes Marvel not only the most profitable it's ever been, but also one of the most powerful and important movie studios on the planet. But *you* want them to close up shop after Avengers 3 just so you can keep the series under glass in your little museum to peruse at your leisure....?

Yeah...good luck.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #97
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Avengers should be event movies and the impact of an event movie would be lost if it came out every year. You'll have a Thor, Cap and IM movie to tide you over till then.
3 years is the perfect wait. Any longer and it loses steam, any sooner and it doesn't have enough time to gestate.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #98
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
What would feel "wrong" would be to kill off the Avengers, not to mention some of the most popular and enduring heroes in the Marvel Universe in their own rights, after roughly a decade or so, thus denying future generations the opportunity to PARTICIPATE in an ongoing pop culture phenomenon instead of having to latch on to some previous generation's idea of what's cool.

Plus, it would undeniably, inevitably, and irrevocably flush Marvel once and for all down the bankruptcy toilet. Making an ongoing Avengers franchise makes Marvel not only the most profitable it's ever been, but also one of the most powerful and important movie studios on the planet. But *you* want them to close up shop after Avengers 3 just so you can keep the series under glass in your little museum to peruse at your leisure....?

Yeah...good luck.
Exactly. There are at least 9-10 Avengers storylines that are ripe for a film. The Kree/ Skrull War, Avengers Defenders War, The Zodiac Cartel, The Korvac Saga, Knights of Wundagore, Under Seige, Infinity Gauntlet, Ultron Unlimited, The Kang Dynasty, Avengers Dissembled, Civil War; why stop the fun after 3 movies?

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #99
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
3 years is the perfect wait. Any longer and it loses steam, any sooner and it doesn't have enough time to gestate.
Like when Marvel does an event every year, the impact is total lost. I actually skipped the Fear Itself event. I'd bet money that back in the day Marvel Secret Wars was absolutely massive.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #100
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Much, much rather have Black Panther but hey, what are you gonna do?

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote