The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 05-31-2013, 02:24 AM   #351
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Default Re: Psycho prequel series "Bates Motel"

I assume Chamber meant non-American.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:26 AM   #352
DrDoom
Dictator

THATS NOW WHAT HE SAID!

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #353
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Due to my workload, I did not have the opportunity to view the season finale. However, I watched it today, and have to say, I was pleased with how they resolved the ongoing plot threads. In addition, it was nice (and surprising) to hear Dylan call Norma mother; it opens up several different arcs their relationship can travel in the next season.

I do have a question, though: where did Norman stash the taxidermied dog? I thought he had stashed it in his room, in one of the earlier episodes, but, did not see it when they showed his room in this ep.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #354
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/bat...ting-news.html
Quote:
Bates Motel - Season 2 - Casting News
Posted by DarkUFO at Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Season 2 of Bates Motel will see the introduction of Norma's estranged brother Caleb.

We will also meet Christine, who befriends Norma, and becomes Norma's only real female friend she has ever had.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #355
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://tvline.com/2013/07/11/bates-m...brother-caleb/
Quote:
Bates Motel Scoop: Norma's Getting a [Spoiler]!

Actually, that headline should read Norma’s getting a [Spoiler], a [Spoiler] and a [Spoiler].

Production on the second season of A&E’s sublime Bates Motel begins later this month, and according to some fresh casting intel, three new characters will be checking in — and all of them will have very close ties to Vera Farmiga’s unhinged matriarch.

The freshman trio include George, a recently divorced charmer in his late 40s who could be The One for Norma (but who will probably be dead by midseason); Christine, a local socialite in her late 30s who becomes Norma’s first real friend; and Caleb, Norma’s estranged fortysomething brother who comes to town to coax his little sis into investing in a presumably shady business venture.

Fans will likely hear more about the show’s new additions when the cast and exec producers Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin hit Comic-Con next week. In the meantime, deposit your casting suggestions in the comments!
lol That's not going to end well.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #356
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

This show is ****ing amazing.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #357
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

SDCC Video:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...freddie-585535
Quote:
Comic-Con: 'Bates Motel's' Freddie Highmore Makes a 'Killer' Entrance, Producers Tease Season 2
11:04 AM PDT 7/20/2013 by Lesley Goldberg
New romance for both Norma and Norman and the freeway bypass story line will play a key role in the upcoming season.

Bates Motel opened its Saturday morning Comic-Con panel with a bit of a scare for the assembled masses: Freddie Highmore was conspicuously absent.

Addressing his mysterious absence, producers unspooled a hilarious video going inside the writers' room with the actor -- just back from hiatus and studying at Cambridge -- making a surprise appearance. Visiting the Universal-based lot, Highmore gradually evolved from kind-hearted actor into his on-screen alter-ego of Norman Bates as he saw fake storyline cards giving newly minted Emmy nominee Vera Farmiga (Norma) all the dialogue and a prime spot in the second season key art.

Looking to escape the awkwardness, showrunner Carlton Cuse led the actor to visit the Universal Studios lot where the actual set from Psycho exists as part of the popular studio tour, which is where things go horribly wrong.

Following the amusing clip (below), Highmore made his debut on the panel to a screaming ballroom -- explaining he "got out" of his faux arrest with the help of a good agent.

As for season two of the Psycho prequel, producers offered a few sparse teasers of what to expect. Here are a few things to expect and highlights from the panel.

1. Miss Watson's murder at the end of last season will serve as a liftoff for season two. "It sets things up nicely for season two, doesn't it? We start to see more of a transition for Norman, his transition toward becoming Psycho," Highmore said.

2. Max Thieriot is very cautious about the burgeoning romance between Dylan and the object of Norman's affection: Bradley (Nicola Peltz): "As Norman's brother, I'm rooting for whatever keeps me alive at this point," he joked. "I think it's interesting; it's something I want to see explored, but I'm a little bit nervous about it." Added Highmore: "That's the good thing about being Norman Bates, he's going to be there until the end."

3. Olivia Cooke really doesn't need for Emma and Norman to explore their romantic relationship following their will-they-or-won't-they friendship. "I like where it is right now … I can't keep getting rejected! The 'what could be' and 'what if' is nicer than what could happen. It can't end well!"

4. There are a few things that producers wouldn't ever dream of changing from Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece. "No one ever told us that anything had to remain. I think there are certain things that have to remain: the progression of Norman Bates losing it and the other was the house," co-showrunner Kerry Ehrin said.

5. Don't expect to hear Bernard Herrmann's shocking Psycho "stabbing" score on the A&E prequel. "The idea of doing homages to the original throws you out of the story you're telling," Cuse said. "You're watching it and immediately dislodged from being in Bates Motel. … In smaller ways, we like the idea of referencing the movie." The series will, however, continue to include subtle references to the Hitchcock gem, including Norman's interest in taxidermy -- which will continue in season two. "The audience has some idea of where it's going to go … but we will do our own version of this story. It's not going to end well, but the path there is super fun for us."

6. Norma will have her hands full fighting to get her hotel's business off the ground going head-to-head with White Pine Bay's city council. "We definitely deal with the [freeway] bypass in season two," Cuse said. Season one briefly set up the fact that the bypass would take visitors to the creepy town away from the Bates Motel, which Norma looked to in an attempt to start over.

7. Norma's brother will make an appearance in season two. The character was first mentioned in the season finale and revealed to have had molested Norma for years. "We made reference to Norma's brother last season, and that character might show up this season, which would be pretty interesting," Cuse said.

8. New romance for (almost) everyone! Cuse said Norma and Norman will both get new love interests in season two. "Not with each other!" Cuse said with a laugh.

9. Producers are already talking about an endgame for the A&E drama. "Bates Motel is a story with a beginning, middle and end," Cuse said. "Hopefully by the end of the season, we'll have an idea of how long the story should last; we're talking about it now. People do want to get to the end of the journey; it's not an endless journey. I don't think we're doing 14 years of Bates Motel. Our idea is to tell the story as best we can in the right amount of time. Creatively you figure that out as you go along. The same was true in Lost -- around season three we figured how much time we needed. I hope soon we'll have an idea for how long the show is going to last."

10. "Sandman." That's the one-word tease that Cuse offered for a season-two storyline involving Norma -- one that Farmiga pitched directly to producers.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #358
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
''get my Norman Bates on''

lol

Kaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #359
Blackman
C'mon Son

Funny video

Cant wait for new season

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:18 PM   #360
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://tvline.com/2013/07/23/bates-m...season-2-cast/
Quote:
Exclusive: Alias' Michael Vartan Checks Into Bates Motel as Norma's New [Spoiler]

Michael Vartan will be filling a key Bates Motel vacancy when the A&E thriller returns for its second season.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Alias alum has been cast as a new romantic interest for Norma (played by Emmy nominee Vera Farmiga).

His recurring character, George, is a charming divorcé who catches Norma’s eye. It’s one of three new roles the show is introducing in Season 2 (Bates is also surrounding Norma with a female BFF and an estranged brother).

Vartan most recently starred opposite Jada Pinkett Smith in TNT’s Hawthorne.

Production on Bates‘ 10-episode second season gets underway this week; the show returns in 2014.
Enjoy being murdered by Freddie Highmore, Michael.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #361
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

And two more...

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/rebe...s-bates-motel/
Quote:
Rebecca Creskoff, Kenny Johnson & Micheal Vartan Join A&E’s ‘Bates Motel’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

A&E has cast the three major new roles on the upcoming second season of Bates Motel. Rebecca Creskoff (Hung), Kenny Johnson (Sons Of Anarchy) and Michael Vartan (Hawthorne) have been tapped for recurring parts on the series, a prequel to Psycho. Creskoff will play Christine who befriends Norma, pulling her into the upper circle of White Pine Bay Society. Charming, witty and intelligent, Christine is the first female friend Norma has ever had. Alias alum Vartan plays George, Christine’s recently divorced older brother who develops a crush on Norma. Johnson, who also recurs on the final season of Dexter, plays Caleb, Norma’s estranged brother.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #362
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/dani...s-bates-motel/
Quote:
Michael Eklund (The Call) is joining the cast of A&E’s Bates Motel for a recurring role in Season 2. He will play Zane Carpenter, a new upper level player in Dylans drug family. Eklund, repped by RED Management and Greene & Assoc., joins fellow new Bates Motel recurring players Rebecca Creskoff, Kenny Johnson and Michael Vartan. He is just completing the untitled Eadweard Muybridge picture.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #363
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/bate...rring-players/
Quote:
Meet Norman’s new romantic interest. Paloma Kwiatkowski has booked a recurring role on the second season of A&E‘s Bates Motel. She will play Cody Brennan, a small town party girl who befriends Norman (Freddie Highmore) and bonds with him, showing him how having fun and “acting out” can sublimate pain – at least for awhile. Bates Motel executive producer Carlton Cuse at Comic Con alluded that a romance was on the horizon for Norman. In her feature debut, Kwiatkowski, repped by manager Darren Goldberg, agent Carrie Wheeler and attorney Neil Meyer, plays Thalia in the upcoming Percy Jackson And The Olympians: The Sea Of Monsters. She recently wrapped the lead role in the indie Sitting On The Edge With Marlene.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #364
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://tvline.com/2013/08/13/bates-m...cast-spoilers/
Quote:
Kathleen Robertson Checks Into Bates Motel
BY MICHAEL SLEZAK

The business of White Pine Bay, Oregon just got a little more intriguing.

Kathleen Robertson (Boss) is joining the Season 2 cast of A&E’s Bates Motel as Jodi, a smart, sexy businesswoman and artist who’s as hard-charging as she is successful.

While it’s not yet clear how exactly Robertson’s character will play into the world of Norma and Norman Bates, one thing is certain: Jodi’s a natural born leader who gets what she wants — personally and professionally — and she’s not afraid to use her arsenal of brains, charm and creativity to make things happen.

Alias alum Michael Vartan recently joined the Season 2 cast as a new romantic interest for Norma (played by Emmy nominee Vera Farmiga). Other new characters will include Christine, a local socialite in her late 30s who becomes Norma’s first real friend; and Caleb, Norma’s estranged fortysomething brother who comes to town to coax his little sis into investing in a presumably shady business venture.

Production on Bates‘ 10-episode second season got underway late last month; the show returns in 2014.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #365
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Bates Motel Exclusive: Grey's Anatomy Menace to Raise Hell in Season 2

An infamous Grey’s Anatomy serial killer has made a reservation at Bates Motel.

Prolific character actor Michael O’Neill, whose stint as a vengeance-seeking, gun-toting widower in the Season 6 finale of Grey’s resulted in one of the highest body counts in the show’s history, is joining the A&E spookfest in Season 2 as a… vengeance-seeking baddie!

He’ll play the recurring role of Nick, a smart and potentially ruthless charmer who is mourning the grisly death of his daughter (R.I.P. Miss bates motel miss watsonWatson) and sets out to exact revenge on the perp responsible (watch your back, Norman).

O’Neill’s other TV credits include The West Wing, 24, The Unit, NCIS, and, most recently, the Sundance Channel sleeper Rectify.

Production on Bates‘ 10-episode second season is currently underway; the show returns in 2014.

http://tvline.com/2013/08/14/bates-m...-nick-villain/

Old 10-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #366
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bates-Mo...p-1072296.aspx
Quote:
Keck's Exclusives: Bates Motel's Scary New Set
by William Keck

In its second season, A&E's Bates Motel will introduce the infamous fruit cellar where Mother's stuffed body is revealed at the conclusion of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. "There are many creepy things down there," says Freddie Highmore, whose Norman will turn the basement into his private taxidermy studio.

"It makes Norma utterly uncomfortable, as most mothers would be," says star Vera Farmiga. In the season premiere, Norman will be working on a project significantly larger than the little dog he stuffed last season. Just how large? "It's not human," says executive producer Carlton Cuse. "Not yet. We're taking baby steps." Mothers, hide your babies!

Old 10-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #367
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Nice.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #368
Soapy
It's happening again...

I just got into this show a couple days ago. I love it! It's really great.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #369
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Season 2 Teaser Videos

Old 12-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #370
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

I bought the first season of this on Amazon. They had the whole season on sale for $15 (via download in HD). I wasn't sure about this, but it seems there's been nothing but positive buzz about it. Anyone know if they showed this on Hulu as it aired? I'd follow the 2nd season there if I like the first.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #371
THUNDERSTRIKE
UNREGISTERED EX-OFFENDER

WOOHOO!... it's baaaaaaack tonight...

I am created the Destroyer, Shatterer of the accursed
Castle that shall collapse and crumble into a forgotten ruination.
So falls Zehnnc Dee'Ya, unstable B***h-Queen, and
Ell'Yaah, her asskisser and Sleez, her ancient and savage OverSeer.
The B***h lies in the guise of her deceptive words and lies helpless in the ruin of her useless life, unable to save herself.
None are so blind to the obvious truth than the misled travelers that gather within the walls of the Castle at Rotting Hill.
TYA'LYZE

THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #372
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

Mmm, I'm getting the feeling that Norman
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
didn't kill his teacher and it'll be some twist.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #373
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
Mmm, I'm getting the feeling that Norman
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
didn't kill his teacher and it'll be some twist.
This.

It feels to obvious for him to have killed her.

Something else happened.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #374
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

I think you're right. Too many threads pulling the other direction.

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, we're all gonna die. Come watch TV. -Morty Smith
John Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #375
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

That was dark and awesome. I can't see how this ends well for Bradley. Norman's not going to like it once he knows she's a bad girl.

Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, we're all gonna die. Come watch TV. -Morty Smith
John Locke is online now   Reply With Quote