The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 01-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #451
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Lizard - How does he compare with Spidey's other onscreen adversaries?

Lizmas

Thankslizard

Leazter

New Lizzy Years Eve

Saint Lizard's Day

Old 01-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #452
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Lizard - How does he compare with Spidey's other onscreen adversaries?

Leazter

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #453
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Didn't you get to play as Venom in the Ultimate Spider-Man game?
Yah, but as certain missions that I don't think had anything to do with Spidey such as feeding on people and fighting Wolverine.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #454
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I still never played USM. I hope it goes on sale at the PS store.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #455
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I've always wished for a good Spider-Man game with multiple characters playable like Black Cat, Doc Ock, The Lizard, etc. Like Harry as the Goblin in the first movie game but more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Would've been a great campaign for Web of Shadows. That's why I love the idea of you playing as Joker in AA, but sadly it was only for PlayStation, which I don't have.
I have it on PS3. But haven't played it much due to the evils of college.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #456
Picard Sisko

One day we shall get the definitive Spider-Man game. One day...

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #457
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I've always wished for a good Spider-Man game with multiple characters playable like Black Cat, Doc Ock, The Lizard, etc. Like Harry as the Goblin in the first movie game but more than that.
Well, there's Friend of Foe. It's nice to play with a friend or a relative.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #458
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
Didn't you get to play as Venom in the Ultimate Spider-Man game?
Yeah I enjoyed it but you didn't get to play as a more classic version of Venom, like web shooting.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #459
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
But that game isn't very good unfortunately.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #460
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
I remember they did something like that in Star Wars: Episode III the game, where Anakin defeats Obi-Won and kills the Emperor.
Yep. They also did a 'what if' for the King Kong game, where Kong tears down all the planes and goes back to Skull Island. A 'what if' with Lizard's plan would've been interesting. If it had, people who transformed for long periods of time would've been messed up mentally with these new ways of thinking. Productivity in NYC would've ground to a halt. It'd be a no go zone.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #461
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Yeah its fun, I figured this would be mentioned hence the "good" hehe. Like the quality of some of the best Spidey games.

Quote:
But that game isn't very good unfortunately.
I would say its kinda like the Lego games but without the Legos. Mindless fun.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #462
Picard Sisko

Friend or Foe had a lot of potential, since it took all of the villains from the Raimi films and put them in one game. What was the premise of the game though?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #463
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Don't remember, me and my cousin skipped all the cutscenes lol. An alien/symbiote invasion I think. Nick Fury and SHIELD were involved. You'd be on the Helicarrier when choosing missions.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #464
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Friend or Foe had a lot of potential, since it took all of the villains from the Raimi films and put them in one game. What was the premise of the game though?
Basically what was said above. The villains were kidnapped and put under mind control through a device using the symbiote. Mysterio was behind this. I don't remember his intentions, though.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #465
Picard Sisko

Was the game only loosely based on the movies? After all, 3 out of 5 villains were killed off.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #466
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Was the game only loosely based on the movies? After all, 3 out of 5 villains were killed off.
4 ,if you are tlking the movies, Green Goblin,Doc Ock,Venom, New Goblin

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #467
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
4 ,if you are tlking the movies, Green Goblin,Doc Ock,Venom, New Goblin
Right. 4 out of 5.

Both goblins were impaled by their own gliders, Doc Ock drowned, and Venom was hit with a "pumpkin" bomb. Sandman just flew away...

Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #468
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
It just took the characters from the movies - Spidey and the 5 villains (and the symbiote). Nothing else.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #469
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

The game looks to childish for me.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #470
Picard Sisko

Yeah, I agree. Wasn't it rated E10+ also?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #471
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

He was much better than Spiderman 3's Venom, but not as good as Molena's OCK and slightly better than Defoe's Goblin, IMO!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #472
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Anything was better than S-M 3's Venom.

Hell, and I'm gonna say it...

Talia al Ghul in TDKR was better than Venom, lol. And that's saying a lot because she was the worst.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #473
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Anything was better than S-M 3's Venom.

Hell, and I'm gonna say it...

Talia al Ghul in TDKR was better than Venom, lol. And that's saying a lot because she was the worst.
LOL. I agree!

Old 04-20-2013, 04:35 AM   #474
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I wonder how Connors/Lizard imagined life in New York after turning everyone into lizards. Maybe pretty much like it is now but with...ghetto-lizards, business-lizards, grossery store-lizards, neighbour-lizards, truck-lizards, kindergarten-lizards, taxi-lizards, maid-lizards, waiter-lizards and so on a good, lizard american life.
ahhh, that sounds so silly I can't stand it

the turning everyone to Lizards is clearly a product of the golden age of comics (or silver age? whatever) but even then they didn't get the idea correctly. The plan shouldn't be sympathetic, it made me feel that Doc Connors was the villain and the Lizard was just a form. When he's in "villain mode" and saying villanous things he should also be the Lizard at the same time (otherwise what's the point of the flat face?) and the plan should be more like that he hates the human race, he really has this utter disgust towards them so he wants to build a new world in his image

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #475
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Using the formula from earlier in the thread...

Appearance

1. Lizard
2. Doc Ock
3. Venom
4. Sandman
5. New Goblin
6. Green Goblin

Script/Plot
1. Otto Octavius
1. Curt Connors
3. Harry Osborn
4. Flint Marko
5. Norman Osborn
6. Eddie Brock

Performance
1. Alfred Molina
2. Rhys Ifans
3. Willem Dafoe
4. James Franco
5. Thomas Haden Church
6. Topher Grace

Lowest score wins:
4 - Lizard
4 - Doc Ock
12 - New Goblin
13 - Sandman
14 - Green Goblin
15 - Venom

based on the rankings from the formula, Harry Goblin is ranked higher and Venom is ranked lower than I actually think I would rank the characters, but this formula weights acting and script heavier than overall aesthetics and cool factor.

grieven is offline   Reply With Quote