Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #901
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
If they could somehow get both Chiwetel Ejiofor (as T'Challa) and Djimon Hounsou (perhaps as the relinquished Black Panther) THAT would BE so AWESOME!
That's basically been my dream pairing for a while now. I would kill for Elba as Killmonger too, but he's already in Thor. Snipes is out of prison now, so I would love to see him as BP's uncle that took the mantle while T'Challa was too young to be in the role after his father died.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #902
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
That's basically been my dream pairing for a while now. I would kill for Elba as Killmonger too, but he's already in Thor. Snipes is out of prison now, so I would love to see him as BP's uncle that took the mantle while T'Challa was too young to be in the role after his father died.
lol omg. you're going to laugh. I read the Essential Black Panther comics (black and white) and this whole time I thought Erik Killmonger was white. HAHAHA. Not that it would really matter. Just had to google it.

Anyway, Snipes would be a terrifying Killmonger. D:

Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #903
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol omg. you're going to laugh. I read the Essential Black Panther comics (black and white) and this whole time I thought Erik Killmonger was white. HAHAHA. Not that it would really matter. Just had to google it.

Erik King for Killmonger..

I want sgt Doakes in a BP movie dammit...lol

Old 04-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #904
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
That is never going to happen. Best I could see is that Black Panther is announced as a 2016/2017 film at this years San Diego Comic-Con
That's why I said let's pretend.

But I'm holding on to the tiniest (And yes, I do recognize that it's tiny so no need to try to convince me) hope that there still is a possibility. There are several small clues. I remember near the end of last year at some expo/con Joe Quesada was teasing another unannounced film he was working on. He said they'd talk about it in the coming months. I don't think it was mentioned since. Also before Comic-con Latino Review said the second 2014 movie was Black Panther, before finding out that it was GotG. That coulda been BS or it coulda been something Marvel changed at the last minute. And then this there's this tweet by Chestnut.

EDIT, here's that interview with Quesada. Keep in mind, at this point Cap 2, Thor 2, GotG, Ant-Man, and SHIELD had all already been announced. He could be talking about Dr. Strange. But maybe it was BP:
"There is a project I am very much involved in, and I'll give you this hint. I have to go to the West Coast to work on it. There have been rumors about it little things have leaked here and there, but there has been no official announcement. So I don't want to be the one who gets the call from Disney..."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 04-08-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #905
Mr. Dent
Banned User

More likely Doctor Strange imo.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #906
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
That's why I said let's pretend.

But I'm holding on to the tiniest (And yes, I do recognize that it's tiny so no need to try to convince me) hope that there still is a possibility. There are several small clues. I remember near the end of last year at some expo/con Joe Quesada was teasing another unannounced film he was working on. He said they'd talk about it in the coming months. I don't think it was mentioned since. Also before Comic-con Latino Review said the second 2014 movie was Black Panther, before finding out that it was GotG. That coulda been BS or it coulda been something Marvel changed at the last minute. And then this there's this tweet by Chestnut.

EDIT, here's that interview with Quesada. Keep in mind, at this point Cap 2, Thor 2, GotG, Ant-Man, and SHIELD had all already been announced. He could be talking about Dr. Strange. But maybe it was BP:
"There is a project I am very much involved in, and I'll give you this hint. I have to go to the West Coast to work on it. There have been rumors about it little things have leaked here and there, but there has been no official announcement. So I don't want to be the one who gets the call from Disney..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
More likely Doctor Strange imo.
It depends when was this interview given?

Old 04-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #907
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:

Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #908
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
It depends when was this interview given?
October 2012

Have there been leaks about a Dr. Strange movie coming? Before October of last year I mean.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #909
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Even if we were only pretending... I have a hard time pretending that there's a super secret Black Panther movie we know absolutely nothing about that Marvel is working on due to come out in late 2014.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #910
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Even if we were only pretending... I have a hard time pretending that there's a super secret Black Panther movie we know absolutely nothing about that Marvel is working on due to come out in late 2014.
I have a hard time pretending it too lol. But I feel like I have to pretend until proven otherwise. I really wanted BP in phase 2. I mean really, does it sound right that Marvel has one less film in phase 2 than they did in phase 1? Feels like a step back.

That said, there's still a chance he'll be in Avengers 2, and if he is, I'm okay with that.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #911
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
I have a hard time pretending it too lol. But I feel like I have to pretend until proven otherwise. I really wanted BP in phase 2. I mean really, does it sound right that Marvel has one less film in phase 2 than they did in phase 1? Feels like a step back.

That said, there's still a chance he'll be in Avengers 2, and if he is, I'm okay with that.

Wow, never actually noticed there was one less film in phase 2 but you're right. There is a chance he'll be in TA2... god, I truly hope so. He really deserves it. Right now it seems like Marvel's dragging their feet with him when it comes to a movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #912
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
October 2012

Have there been leaks about a Dr. Strange movie coming? Before October of last year I mean.
He could be talking about either film. Dr. Strange was talked about to be starring in Thor: TDW before October and before GotG was announced there were rumors of a Strange film floating around. But it could go towards a Panther film as well which has definitely been floating around way before October. Sadly rumors of a script having been written was leaked for both films prior to October.
Oooor he could be talking about another project all together we just don't know yet.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #913
Frico
Live by the creed

The word that stands out to me the most from Quesada is "leaked". Between BP and DS, which of the two had more info leaked? I would think DS has been talked about a lot more...BP had news about a script being written and there was talk of Killmonger. What else?

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #914
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post
The word that stands out to me the most from Quesada is "leaked". Between BP and DS, which of the two had more info leaked? I would think DS has been talked about a lot more...BP had news about a script being written and there was talk of Killmonger. What else?
Patrick Dempsey was lobbying or the role of Dr. Strange (Which I actually think would be a wise choice), not that that counts as a leak... There were more than twice as many actors lobbying for Black Panther.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #915
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post
The info rumored has been pretty much equal for the two. Even though Strange was rumored to be in Thor TDW it is still a rumor and Quesda might not even consider that "leaked" information

Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #916
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
Wow, never actually noticed there was one less film in phase 2 but you're right. There is a chance he'll be in TA2... god, I truly hope so. He really deserves it. Right now it seems like Marvel's dragging their feet with him when it comes to a movie.
Hmm! The idea of introducing BP in TA2. Reminds me of Whedon's comment about "twisting the knife" from last year... a vibranium knife, anyone?

I imagine people would want BP to have his own movie rather than be stuck playing 8th fiddle in an Avengers movie. But putting Wakanda in Whedon's hands might be a really smart move, given how difficult the folks at Marvel find depicting T'Challa's world to be. I'm not saying Whedon can do no wrong, but I do trust his writing ability.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #917
fixxxer
Side-Kick

While I would've loved for BP to be included in the Avengers 2, I think he deserves a proper, front-and-center introduction via a solo film set primarily in Wakanda.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #918
roach
I am the night

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-morri...black-panther/

take it with a grain of salt

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #919
OB12
Side-Kick

I really have a hard time buying this. I don't mind Chestnut, but I don't think he is BP. At 44, he seems too old, especially when there are several younger talented actors available. I gotta believe that Marvel would want someone who is right around the same age as Hemsworth/Evans, maybe a couple of years older.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #920
Blackman
C'mon Son

I doubt BP is coming out anytime soon. It's sad but true but
1. The slate is too busy. In Phase III theyre probably gonna have sequels to IM, Cap, Thor, GOTG (if it's successful) along with Doctor Strange and I guess Ant-Man counts as Phase III right?
2. The comments made earlier about Wakanda being so hard to pull off because people would buy it makes it seem like theyre hesitant on it

Old 04-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #921
roach
I am the night

I imagine it maybe a cameo in another film...Cap 2 maybe or A2

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #922
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

So, Morris just tweeted that Black Panther may appear in TA2 before getting his own movie.

Fan's tweet:
Quote:
@jamaal91604133: @Morris_Chestnut Can't wait to see this movie. #BlackPanther
Morris' tweet:
Quote:
Not final. #BlackPanther may be in #avengers2 first. RT
Link to his twitter.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #923
Blackman
C'mon Son

If he's in Avengers 2 that'd be cool with me. Although I always thought the one new member would be Falcon.

Either way I'm still for Aldis Hodge for T'Challa

Old 04-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #924
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
I doubt BP is coming out anytime soon. It's sad but true but
1. The slate is too busy. In Phase III theyre probably gonna have sequels to IM, Cap, Thor, GOTG (if it's successful) along with Doctor Strange and I guess Ant-Man counts as Phase III right?
2. The comments made earlier about Wakanda being so hard to pull off because people would buy it makes it seem like theyre hesitant on it
Nah, I think Panther is definitely getting a movie in Phase 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Either way I'm still for Aldis Hodge for T'Challa
Agreed. Aldis is perfect for it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #925
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Nah, I think Panther is definitely getting a movie in Phase 3.

Agreed. Aldis is perfect for it.
I think it depends. If Phase III is as long as Phase II (2 years before Avengers 2) and if they want to put out a BP solo before A3 then I doubt it. But if Phase III is a little longer than sure

Closed Thread