Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #951
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Default Re: EVERYTHING Black Panther - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Yeah, this guy would be 20 times better than Chestnut.

He actually knows martial arts, he's a respected actor, he can do a quality African accent and he's an expert at playing highly intelligent characters.
Agreed on all points...a Shakespearean actor who is the son of Nigerian parents. He's in his mid 30s, so there is still some time to invest in the role for more than one appearance. In my opinion, he's the ideal candidate.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #952
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

They may be asking if they can afford to cast a semi-unknown in the lead for BP probably. Chestnut is insanely popular amongst the black moviegoer crowd.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #953
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
They may be asking if they can afford to cast a semi-unknown in the lead for BP probably. Chestnut is insanely popular amongst the black moviegoer crowd.
Ya and you'd have to think that's going to factor in with whom they try to cast. Some of these other more eccentric names have some positives, but let's be real here.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 04-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #954
terry78

Though if they do cast Chestnut you better believe the rest of the cast will consist of black thespians.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #955
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Ya and you'd have to think that's going to factor in with whom they try to cast.
Eh, who knows. No one they've cast in their other movies was super popular. Hemsworth was unknown to most people.

Quote:
Some of these other more eccentric names have some positives, but let's be real here.
Being real...they are not going to make a BP film.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
Old 04-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #956
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Even if it's late in Phase 3, a Black Panther movie will happen.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #957
Casius--J
Web Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCU View Post
The best person, by far, to play T'Challa's father is Djimon Hounsou. If anyone has seen Spartacus, then the guy that plays Deltori could play his father as well really good.

Ejiofor Chiwetel is good for Panther I think as well. Boseman I have to wait till 42 to decide. I wish John Boyega was a little older. Hes a great actor and can pull it off.
I 100% agree with you on that one. Perfect idea I think. I remember a few years ago he was being considered for the role of T'challa but now I think he's too old for the role. Plus he did voice BP in the animated series they made a few years back

Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #958
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I'll believe it when I'm sitting in the theatre, eating & drinking my smuggled in goodies.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #959
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post

This. All the way.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #960
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Eh, who knows. No one they've cast in their other movies was super popular. Hemsworth was unknown to most people.
Is Hemsworth's casting going to be the crown jewel of that argument every time? People knew who RDJ was, but the guy had a rocky private life. Chris Evans was not an unknown. Neither were Edward Norton, Mark Ruffalo, Scarjo, SLJ, and Jeremy Renner.

From a cost/familiarity perspective it's an extremely attractive choice, particularly for the African-American demographic, since he plays extremely well. Not to mention the guy is athletic and women love him. If there's anything we know about Marvel is they hold the cards at the negotiating table (except in RDJ's case LOL). A guy like Chestnut would chop off his left nutt to be in Avengers 2 or Black Panther.

Quote:
Cool story bro.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 04-09-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #961
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
ejiofor chiwetel for panther.
Hell yes!

Chestnut would make a better Luke Cage.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #962
terry78

Yeah, I think we can all agree that when it comes to casting black characters, we don't have the luxury of getting unknowns or actors that aren't A or even B-listers. Elba is getting some solid work but they may very well be on the verge of wearing that mother****er out. It's like you got him, Denzel, and Big Willie and maybe Jamie Foxx for action flicks. That's it.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #963
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Chestnut might not be the ideal choice but it would be more than understandable if Marvel does cast him. I'm still fairly certain they'll go young though like they did with Evans and Hemsworth

Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #964
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Denzel and Will have got to pass away before Hollywood allows a couple other brothas in the A-list quota. Its like they operate a two in two out policy.

Morgan Freeman and Samuel L Jackson didn't even get successful until they were old.

Black actors like Foxxx, Elba, Cheadle, Mackie and Chiwetel should be A-Listers by now and by that I mean leading men in the big studio roles and not still playing mostly supproting roles or only leads in indy or small studio films.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #965
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

I would agree that they need an actor with an established name if the plan is to do a Black Panther movie first. But, if they're really going to introduce the character in Avengers 2, then I don't think getting an A-list name is as important.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #966
terry78

Now when they decide to do a big action Expendables flick starring Will, Denzel, Idris and Jamie I'll go see it. The Exblackables.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #967
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I don't think an A-Lister is that important. There is always the trend of getting bigger names in supporting roles.

I think Marvel would be more intrested in getting the right person for the role.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #968
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Is Hemsworth's casting going to be the crown jewel of that argument every time? People knew who RDJ was, but the guy had a rocky private life. Chris Evans was not an unknown. Neither were Edward Norton, Mark Ruffalo, Scarjo, and Jeremy Renner.
I didn't say the people you named were unknowns, just that they weren't super popular. No one went to see Avengers because of Ruffalo or Renner. And yes, if they can cast an unknown for Thor they could do the same for BP.

Quote:
From a cost/familiarity perspective it's an extremely attractive choice, particularly for the African-American demographic, since he plays extremely well. Not to mention the guy is athletic and women love him. If there's anything we know about Marvel is they like hold the cards at the negotiating table. A guy like Chestnut would chop off his left nutt to be in Avengers 2 or Black Panther.
The bold part could be said for just about every black actor within a certain age range.

Quote:
Cool story bro.
Thanks.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #969
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Now when they decide to do a big action Expendables flick starring Will, Denzel, Idris and Jamie I'll go see it. The Exblackables.
Its Hollywood so they would all die or be captured in the opening scene

Old 04-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #970
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I don't think an A-Lister is that important. There is always the trend of getting bigger names in supporting roles.
Agreed.

Quote:
I think Marvel would be more intrested in getting the right person for the role.
From your mouth to Fiege's ears...

Old 04-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #971
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post

Yep. I really think they would go the Thor route for this. Say they cast Hodge and surround him with the Denzels and Viola Davis' of the world.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #972
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Who said anything about getting an A-lister? Since when is Morris Chestnut an A-lister? Just because he's popular amongst most black people doesn't make him an A-list actor. He's at about the fame level Mark Ruffalo was at before Avengers.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #973
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Even saying he's "popular" among "most" black people is going too far. People my age remember him from Boyz N The Hood and The Best Man. Younger black people probably give less than a damn about him.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #974
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

They could get a good, younger, charismatic, black actor for BP and surround him with known, quality actors instead of Morris. Then target the black demographic aggressively get some good buzz going. Just anyone but Chestnut lol. The movie will be DOA if they go that route.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #975
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Even saying he's "popular" among "most" black people is going too far. People my age remember him from Boyz N The Hood and The Best Man. Younger black people probably give less than a damn about him.
Don't forget Two Can Play That Game...

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread