The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Reviews and Reactions (Critics + Fans) Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Default The Dark Knight Rises - Reviews and Reactions (Critics + Fans) Thread

Quote:
The first critic screenings start tomorrow, our own theShape will be seeing the film. Catch any reactions and reviews for the film, post them here. Keep the discussion civil (no fighting or anything like that) and USE SPOILER TAGS!!!

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=386851

- TheIrishAvenger

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 07-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Reviews and Reactions (Critics + Fans) Thread

I think Bale will give his best performance but I also think the reviews will focus more on Anne and Tom just because they're the new additions to the cast.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #4
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Reviews and Reactions (Critics + Fans) Thread - Part 1

Catwoman always attracts attention... it's integral to the character.

But when all is said and done, I think Bale's performance will have more resonance in general.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 07-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Reviews and Reactions (Critics + Fans) Thread - Part 1

Don’t know if I should take my girlfriend to this one, I mean what do I say when I start crying and sniffling?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

I'm just extremely excited at the prospect of a bruce centric film (a la BB) with the scale and ambition of TDK.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Donít know if I should take my girlfriend to this one, I mean what do I say when I start crying and sniffling?
There's nothing wrong with that. Crying is good to get rid of all the salt in the eyes.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
theShape
Creature of Darkness

There's less "fake Bruce" and more "real Bruce" in this one compared to TDK, if people get what I'm saying. Bale gets to show his chops more.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Oh, right, so there's less playboy Bruce. Cool.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
JackWhite
Third Man

Bale needs his due. I've loved him in the last two Bat-films, but I want the focus brought to his outward journey in TDKR, as apposed to his inward in TDK; which I really find outstanding for the record.

As long as the bat-voice stays in tact, and the focus is brought back to Bruce having an outward struggle, I think Bale should get his props.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
kvz5
HBIC

We get Howard Brughes instead!

Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #12
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
We get Howard Brughes instead!
Oh I can't wait for that.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Definitely, I've always considered Bale the best Bruce/Batman, but in recent years there has been some strong opposition to that, i just want the naysayers to have something to shut them up to prove that Christian is worthy of "oscar winner who plays batman" bring back that acting magic he had from BB.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Old 07-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #14
scoop12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Definitely, I've always considered Bale the best Bruce/Batman, but in recent years there has been some strong opposition to that, i just want the naysayers to have something to shut them up to prove that Christian is worthy of "oscar winner who plays batman" bring back that acting magic he had from BB.
As I've said earlier, I think Bale gives his best performance as Batman and as Bruce Wayne in this one. He was terrific. And I especially loved his bat voice this time around.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop12 View Post
As I've said earlier, I think Bale gives his best performance as Batman and as Bruce Wayne in this one. He was terrific. And I especially loved his bat voice this time around.
Very nice to hear!

Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #16
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Sweet, thanks a lot scoop.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #17
Charism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Donít know if I should take my girlfriend to this one, I mean what do I say when I start crying and sniffling?
Better not. : ) So then you can cry and sniff all the way you wont/need to, no distractions from 'what girlfriend says', and only then you can fully receive the movie.

I never watch 'cry movies' for first time with anybody. First time is always only mine.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #18
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

How's Hardy, scoop?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop12 View Post
Thanks for this, scoop.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #20
TheNextNolan22
A Man Called Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
There's less "fake Bruce" and more "real Bruce" in this one compared to TDK, if people get what I'm saying. Bale gets to show his chops more.
Great to hear!

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #21
iamfourfivesix
Newbie First Class

can you answer if the court house scene is towards the end of the movie or in the middle of the movie?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #22
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Someone posted these reactions on another forum -

Quote:
Friend after watching TDKR: “I never thought I’d get to say in my lifetime that TWO Batman movies deserve Best Picture Oscars.”

Another friend: “Now I understand why Nolan is walking away. With a two punch combo like TDK/TDKR, the fight’s over. Knockout.”
Quote:
The Dark Knight Rises is not only easily the best Batman movie yet, but now one of my favorite movies I've ever seen. It was unbelievable!
Quote:
TheDarkKnightRises‬ left me speechless and was everything I wanted it to be.
Quote:
i saw the new dark knight movie, it was ****ing awesome
Quote:
Nolan has completely nailed a PERFECT end to this series. Everything is EPIC - the score, the action, the emotional triggers - all epic.
Quote:
THEDARKKNIGHTRISES WAS AMAZING
Well there are some there that I haven't seen. Anyone know where they are from?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #23
scoop12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
How's Hardy, scoop?
He us a bad bad man. You wouldn't mess with this dude. He displays so much with just his eyes. It's impressive. The voice is great, but they had to beef it up to make it more audible and it sometimes sounds a little too loud.

I thought every single line from the prologue was different. It definitely was much more audible than when it was first released. I think that threw me for a loop the first time I heard it, but he kills the voice. Very menacing.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #24
Yurka
Let The Games Begin!

Alright I'm back, 2 questions have been on my mind, not sure if you've answered these already theShape/scoop.

1) How was the music? Was it more powerful than the BB & TDK scores?

and 2) You mentioned there is "less Batman" than in BB & TDK. The Batman scenes that are in it, are they on a different "level" than they were in BB or TDK? Does he have a triumphant return or is it all generally on the same level as TDK?

FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE 'SLEEP DEPRIVED' FANS OF . .
__T_H_E__ D_A_R_K__ K_N_I_G_H_T__
Old 07-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #25
LuisTX85
Caped Crusader

Some nice reactions right there!