DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #152
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: First Class ACTORS Thread [new proyects, interviews, quotes...]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
after FC, Ive thought about cool and dark stuff regarding young Mystique

like showing Raven on the streets, at night, and a group of humans antimutants attacking her heavily, for being a mutant. That would be something really intense for the character, and to me, that would be more than enough to make us believe why Mystique started hating humans and becoming slowly the cold character she is.

I imagined too Azazel finding her, as a beautiful moment for the two, and as a way to start the Nightcrawler connection.

But sadly all of this is out of Singer plans right now. Such a shame
Well since all hellfire survivors are gone maybe Azarel knocked her up,Magneto killed him and to prove loyalty she dumped Nightcrawler after he was born In the 11 year gap between end of first Class and begining of 1973 part of DOFP.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #153
Angamb
Banned User

highly doubt Singer touchs the Azazel/Kurt issue.

feels surprising to me, since Ive always thought Singer loved their connection. but anyway, Ive came to accept that most of FC wont return.

sad, but I have to accept it.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #154
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Not surprised about Mystique being given a larger role for this new film. I have a feeling she will be in both time-lines. Singer was able to turn Rebecca's Mystique into a cold-deadly assassin, and I bet that is what he plans with Jennifer Lawrences Mystique as well.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #155
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
Not surprised about Mystique being given a larger role for this new film. I have a feeling she will be in both time-lines. Singer was able to turn Rebecca's Mystique into a cold-deadly assassin, and I bet that is what he plans with Jennifer Lawrences Mystique as well.
I feel like the story-arc of the future Mystique ended when Magneto left her and Mystique helped the government to track down Magneto. I can see Bryan Singer wanting Rebecca Romijn's Mystique to have a better send-off or a better last scene in the series. Future Mystique could also just comeback especially if the cure is temporary for all the mutants. But when I think about it, thats another (minor) story-arc that they have to deal in the movie. It also leads to more questions like are they gonna fix the relationship of Future Magneto/Future Mystique, what is Mystique doing in the future, is Mystique is going to work with the X-Men, is Mystique to going to meet Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique, etc etc etc.

And as for Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique visiting the future period, I don't thnk it will happen since the majority of this film is set in 1973.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #156
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If another character from OT shows up In future It would be Mystique.And I don't think they would spend any time In 30 to 40 Minute timeframe of future scenes If that Is how they balance the 2 time frames on dealing with things that went down under Brett Ratner especilly since by end of film much of that film may be Ilrelvent to future films.

Jennifer Lawrence won't be in Future.If Mystique makes cut of future scenes It will be
Rebecca Romijn playing her.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #157
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

They aren't going to deal with The Last Stand that much because this movie isn't about that, but I don't think they would take the time to deal with the return of Rebecca Romijn's Mystique. They already have the Sentinels, the powers of Rogue/Magneto returning, the return of Professor X and the process of going to the past. You keep pushing this idea of Rebecca Romijn returning but I just don't see it. Her character isn't as important as the characters of Ian McKellen/Patrick Stewart that both version of Mystique should appear in the movie too. If they are bringing back Rebecca Romijn then they should also bring back Kelsey Grammer.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 03-23-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #158
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I feel like the story-arc of the future Mystique ended when Magneto left her and Mystique helped the government to track down Magneto. I can see Bryan Singer wanting Rebecca Romijn's Mystique to have a better send-off or a better last scene in the series. Future Mystique could also just comeback especially if the cure is temporary for all the mutants. But when I think about it, thats another (minor) story-arc that they have to deal in the movie. It also leads to more questions like are they gonna fix the relationship of Future Magneto/Future Mystique, what is Mystique doing in the future, is Mystique is going to work with the X-Men, is Mystique to going to meet Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique, etc etc etc.

And as for Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique visiting the future period, I don't thnk it will happen since the majority of this film is set in 1973.
You say that as if we know for a fact that Mystique betrayed Magneto in X3 by leading them to the camps. For all we know, Mystique could have known she was leading them to Multiple Man and she was in on the plan. X3 was never very clear on that.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #159
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
They aren't going to deal with The Last Stand that much because this movie isn't about that, but I don't think they would take the time to deal with the return of Rebecca Romijn's Mystique. They already have the Sentinels, the powers of Rogue/Magneto returning, the return of Professor X and the process of going to the past. You keep pushing this idea of Rebecca Romijn returning but I just don't see it. Her character isn't as important as the characters of Ian McKellen/Patrick Stewart that both version of Mystique should appear in the movie too. If they are bringing back Rebecca Romijn then they should also bring back Kelsey Grammer.
Right now we don't even know If Mystique will be In future.I said If Mystique
makes the cut In future then Rebecca Romijn would return.Right now we have been given no Indication that Is happening.It's possibly but so far not happening.Rebecca Is one of the prosinger members of X-Men/X2 cast.

Kelsey Grammer just brings up more of contunity issues due to different appearances for Beast.Now Bryan cast rebecca.He didn't cast Grammer.
Obviously he would be more Into getting her back.So far we have no Indication of that.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #160
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
You say that as if we know for a fact that Mystique betrayed Magneto in X3 by leading them to the camps. For all we know, Mystique could have known she was leading them to Multiple Man and she was in on the plan. X3 was never very clear on that.
On Last stand commantary It was said the plan was for Rebecca to show up
at end of film to join Ian Mckellen In park where It would have been revealed
her going to government leading them to camp where they found Multiple Man
was part of plan.Due to her schedule she wasn't available since It was filmed much later than her other scenes.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #161
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Eh not at all. The movie doesn't have to feed you every single information. We have common sense you know. There was no indication that Magneto talked to Mystique after he abandoned her in the truck and that Mystique will still help Magneto to trick the government.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #162
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Right now arguring about Mystique In trilogy and future scenes In DOFP Is waste of time since so far we have no indication she has made the cut for future scenes.We can argue that If Rebecca Romijn Is ever confirmed.Except for possabel surprise cameos at end of film we may know who the returing characters are for future scenes.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #163
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Seemed like anyone who was either cured or died was just based on the writer's inability to make use of them. Was Rebecca too busy to be on set or did the writers just forget about her character?

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #164
DarknessOfDeath
Shut up and kiss me!

Probably forgot about her character...just like when they screwed up dark phoenix when all this time, Famke fought hard for the character to be true to the comics but did they listen? No...of course not. why would the studio listen to her when they should have? why didn't Rebecca fight hard for her character not to be cured?

After all that was said and done, I really wonder if Fox really realized what a horrible job they made making X3. It shows. It really does...same can be said about Origins: Wolverine. Also makes me wonder after all these years, did Fox learn from the mistakes they made in the past? Cause I seriously hope so since I don't want Days of Future Past to be a failure. I want this movie to be really good.

The Adrianne Palicki Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #165
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
P
After all that was said and done, I really wonder if Fox really realized what a horrible job they made making X3. It shows. It really does...same can be said about Origins: Wolverine. Also makes me wonder after all these years, did Fox learn from the mistakes they made in the past? Cause I seriously hope so since I don't want Days of Future Past to be a failure. I want this movie to be really good.
First Class happened which already broke the franchise's ****** movie streak. Plus Singers back in control with the OT cast. This is essentially what X1 and 2 fans have always wanted. So seems they listened. No reason to be worried yet if your a fan of those films.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #166
psyonic
X-Man

I'm willing to bet Rebecca Romijn will return as Mystique for the future scenes because she was alive at the end of X3, and also because she is in the 70's audiences will wonder what happens to her in the future.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #167
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

After Silver Linings Playbook, I definitely look forward to an edgier, darker Mystique from Jennifer. Though I still think that she will be somewhere in between her FC version and OT version.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:05 AM   #168
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think Jennifer Lawrence could easily portray the bad-ass and cold version of Mystique.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #169
JP
Smelly

She was pretty bad ass in SLP. But I agree that she should still be somewhat in between. FC Mystique was an actual character with a personality and her own problems and issues, and that's why I connected with her. Mystique in the OT was just a cold hearted moving piece of art - which was also fun.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #170
DarknessOfDeath
Shut up and kiss me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
First Class happened which already broke the franchise's ****** movie streak. Plus Singers back in control with the OT cast. This is essentially what X1 and 2 fans have always wanted. So seems they listened. No reason to be worried yet if your a fan of those films.
oh I am a fan of X1 and X2 alright.

The Adrianne Palicki Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #171
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
I'm willing to bet Rebecca Romijn will return as Mystique for the future scenes because she was alive at the end of X3, and also because she is in the 70's audiences will wonder what happens to her in the future.
by that logic they should bring X3 beast back too

i don't think rebecca wil be in this film, infact i think the only younger and older characters will be xavier and magneto

as much as it would be a nice idea to have patricks xavier talking to Mystique in the future as a little way to tie first class to the original films but i honestly have my doubts

Old 03-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #172
Angamb
Banned User

they can keep that as possible subplots/details for next sequel.

They should adress all the stuff and relationships on this sequel, so if they are really planning to expand the universe and develop the characters, all these details should be kept for next movies.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #173
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
Probably forgot about her character...just like when they screwed up dark phoenix when all this time, Famke fought hard for the character to be true to the comics but did they listen? No...of course not. why would the studio listen to her when they should have? why didn't Rebecca fight hard for her character not to be cured?

It seemed during the 2005-2009 period Fox moved their focus from the X-Men and just rushed the stories with random directors. But after the huge sucess of The Avengers every company from DC Comics to even Fox now seems they want some of that success. Comic movies can be successful and since Fox owns The X-Men there are tons and tons of characters that could be used for future films. Fox needed to start putting X-Men on the map and that is what they plan to do with this movie if it is indeed the biggest X-men movie to date.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #174
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Eh not at all. The movie doesn't have to feed you every single information. We have common sense you know. There was no indication that Magneto talked to Mystique after he abandoned her in the truck and that Mystique will still help Magneto to trick the government.
LOL not feeding you information works both ways. Them not telling you that Mystique was in on the plan the entire time can be part of the "not feeding you information." It can be inferred dontchaknow

And besides as marvelrobbins has indicated (I don't recall that part of the BTS commentary at all, probably coz I don't really care about TLS) it looks like they planned it all along.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #175
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
LOL not feeding you information works both ways. Them not telling you that Mystique was in on the plan the entire time can be part of the "not feeding you information." It can be inferred dontchaknow

And besides as marvelrobbins has indicated (I don't recall that part of the BTS commentary at all, probably coz I don't really care about TLS) it looks like they planned it all along.
How can she be 'in on the plan'? There was no plan. She threw herself in front of Magneto when the guard regained consciousness and fired the cure dart on that truck, she ended up being cured, and Magneto then abandoned her and walked off.

No one knew that the guard was going to fire that dart, so there was no 'plan.'