2 1 0.38%
1 - I'd rather eat Spider-Man's spleen than watch this 2 0.76%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #501
I Am The Knight
In the Welsh

Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

So, has anyone seen Spider-ManHero12 ( I think that was his name ) ? Wonder what he thought about the movie...

SHH. You owe us your livelihood.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #502
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Spider View Post
I mean if you compare a scene in SM when Osborn sees the cuts in Peter's arm, and figures his identity you can clearly feel the tension and the build to that scene. With the Lizard, he coincidentally finds Peter's name on the camera and goes, "oh Peter is my enemy. I am going to kill him." That's it! Or when in SM, when he first swings to catch his Uncle's killer, his swinging is amateur and a little bit choppy. But after some time he gets more professional. In ASM he just swinged gracefully from the early moment. I am talking about those small things. There was no progression on every aspect.
Thing is that, even when the scene where Norman finds out Spider-man's identity is good, it makes you wonder, well, if this guy knows that Spider-man's identity is important, how come he didn't unmask him while he had him gassed for hours? He just waited for him to wake up and then gave him some cheap speech and went away. Any villiain with half a brain would have unmasked the hero right away and started to blackmail him immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Spider View Post
And there were many moments like this were things were rushed and never fully explored. Jesus we were waiting all these years to see the web shooters done properly and they give us just a quick montage that lasts a few seconds. Don't bother showing us the science behind it and how Peter started building them. Same goes for the suit. Just a quick glance on Bing and our suit is ready to go.
Well, what else is there to explain frankly? What substance did he use to make the spider-web?

But it's true, in neither movie did they explain why Peter chose this design, why blue and red. Well, except that here he got the idea for the mask from the wrestling poster.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #503
The Rocket
Side-Kick

I've already expressed my opinion on Garfield's Parker in the "which is best" thread. I'm not sure if I should post it here as well. I dislike Garfield's Peter Parker for various reasons.

I do find it amusing that a variation of "I have to stop it" appears to have been used in every film, dating back to the first Spider-Man.
Quote:
"Whatever it is, somebody has to stop it." - Spider-Man, scene when Harry tells Peter he didn't pursue Mary-Jane as a girlfriend.

"Harry, please, I've got to stop him." -- Spider-Man 2, scene when Harry unmasks Peter.

"I need your help. I have to stop it." - one of the trailers for Spider-Man 3. Still trying to identify which scene it appears in, if any.

"I got to stop him, though. I have to, 'cause I created him." - The Amazing Spider-Man, scene when Peter talks to Gwen in her room.
He should forget about leaving notes saying "courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man," and instead just leave notes saying "I had to stop it."

Last edited by The Rocket; 07-18-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #504
Alex_Spider
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Thing is that, even when the scene where Norman finds out Spider-man's identity is good, it makes you wonder, well, if this guy knows that Spider-man's identity is important, how come he didn't unmask him while he had him gassed for hours? He just waited for him to wake up and then gave him some cheap speech and went away. Any villiain with half a brain would have unmasked the hero right away and started to blackmail him immediately.

Well, what else is there to explain frankly? What substance did he use to make the spider-web?

But it's true, in neither movie did they explain why Peter chose this design, why blue and red. Well, except that here he got the idea for the mask from the wrestling poster.
I did not say Raimi's film are flawless. I was just talking about that particular scene which was done better and had tension comparing it to the ASM. My point is that ASM didn't dwelve on the small things and progressing from them. It feels to me they just threw scenes together to move on the next one.
As for the shooters and the suit creation, yeah i would like to have seen the substance he used and the whole process. Why rush things with dragged and boring scenes with Peter saying to Gwen "err.. um... etc". Take time to show us cool things that we have not seen before like the creation of his gadgets. Honestly i would take those scenes over the fightings with the Lizard even.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:39 PM   #505
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmarvel View Post
My sister and I saw it last night for the first time. I preferred the other Spider-Man origin story for 3 reasons (she liked this one better).

1. They took away Ben's famous line "With great power comes great responsibility". That's like taking "May the Force be with you" out of Star Wars.

2. The rescue of the kid on the bridge. It was too much of a Hollywood cliche. Honestly that's the ONLY car that catches fire AND falls into the river????

3. So, we know that the kid wasn't the only one trapped in a car dangling from the bridge. Yet, Spidey goes off and leaves the rest dangling, instead of first double webbing the rest of the cars (to prevent the fall that he knows will probably happen) and pulling the rest of the people out of their cars. At the very least one of the "news reports" we heard should have let us know how those people got back onto the bridge.

4. This is a minor point, but when Spidey webs Gwen to spin her around, why wasn't any webbing on her ass when she went inside? It seemed like sometimes the webbing lasted for ages (bridge scene) and sometimes it was gone in seconds (spin scene).
In answer to 1. they did, but it was a different version of the same phrase basically, ripped straight from the USM comics.

" your father believed that if you could help people then it was your moral obligation to do so, not choice, responsibilty."

which is just a longer less on the nose version of with great power comes great responsibility.

with 2. That's actually one of my favourite bit of the film. Yeah I get what your saying but there was a strong moral message within that scene that imo beats any hollywood cliche. 3 and 4 are good points, but they can't really waste screentime on that, one just has to assume that they are saved via the police/fire fighters etc. Also, not ALL the cars had people in them, as as we saw most people were running away from whatever was coming towards the bridge so....yeah. my two cents lol.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #506
The Rocket
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
In answer to 1. they did, but it was a different version of the same phrase basically, ripped straight from the USM comics.

" your father believed that if you could help people then it was your moral obligation to do so, not choice, responsibilty."
For whatever reason, Ben's quote in the new film didn't get the point across as bluntly as it should have. Maybe I'm just picky about phrasing. The way it was originally worded makes it seem like the word 'responsibility' was tacked on at the end of the sentence.

Quote:
"Your father believed if you could help people, then it was your moral obligation -- your responsibility -- to do so."
I might have liked that a bit more.

Last edited by The Rocket; 07-18-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #507
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
I do find it amusing that a variation of "I have to stop it" appears to have been used in every film, dating back to the first Spider-Man.
He should forget about leaving notes saying "courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man," and instead just leave notes saying "I had to stop it."

Old 07-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #508
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:

Actually, in the Raimi movie they did show the inspiration for the red and blue. The spider that bit Peter was that colour. I think the production team even painted the spider that colour specifically. There's certainly a little bit about it in that book "Behind the Mask of Spider-Man: The Secrets of the Movie" by Mark Vaz.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 07-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #509
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Actually, in the Raimi movie they did show the inspiration for the red and blue. The spider that bit Peter was that colour. I think the production team even painted the spider that colour specifically. There's certainly a little bit about it in that book "Behind the Mask of Spider-Man: The Secrets of the Movie" by Mark Vaz.
But did Peter ever see that spider?

Old 07-18-2012, 05:42 PM   #510
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I don't remember the film, but I'm guessing he did, since that was what was intended as the inspiration according to Behind the Mask of Spider-Man. I have to read that bit in the book again sometime.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #511
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
He watched it walk away from him.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #512
The Webhead
Newbie First Class

awesome job reviewing man

Old 07-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #513
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
So, has anyone seen Spider-ManHero12 ( I think that was his name ) ? Wonder what he thought about the movie...
I haven't seen him in quite a while. I've been kinda wondering the same thing!

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #514
BrollySupersj
Undying Reptile

So, that was Norman Osborn at the end of the credits right? Because I've seen other people (my own brother included) saying that it could have been....*gag* Mysterio.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:44 AM   #515
Web face
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
So, that was Norman Osborn at the end of the credits right? Because I've seen other people (my own brother included) saying that it could have been....*gag* Mysterio.
I think Rhys Ifans himself said it was not Norman.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #516
BrollySupersj
Undying Reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web face View Post
I think Rhys Ifans himself said it was not Norman.
Do you have a source for this?

Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #517
Web face
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do you have a source for this?
I'll try to find a link but I am pretty sure he said it.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #518
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Its a mystery as to who it is. I assumed it COULD be Norman. But I was thinking maybe Chameleon or Mysterio as they way he seemed to just disappear form the room.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #519
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

It's probably Norman..

the man in the shadows is played by Michael Masse, and the hologram in the start of the movie that shows Norman looks like Michael Masse.

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #520
Web face
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web face View Post
I'll try to find a link but I am pretty sure he said it.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56771
There is the URL but I am not quite sure how to hyperlink on my iPod. The part where he talks about the end credits is near the end of the interview.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:55 AM   #521
BrollySupersj
Undying Reptile

I always assumed it would be Norman. As for the whole disappearing act...all for dramatic affect. How he got in there is easily explained though.

Super rich and powerful CEO, end of story.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #522
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

I always figured the ending was part of Connors' psyche

Old 07-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #523
Hurm...
GreenGoblin1964(2006)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Yeah! I've been wondering the same thing!

BRRRRRRMMMMMMM

Old 07-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #524
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
It's probably Norman..

the man in the shadows is played by Michael Masse, and the hologram in the start of the movie that shows Norman looks like Michael Masse.
or Chameleon as Norman

Old 07-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #525
redmarvel
The Mischievious Elf

I have a few problems with it being Norman.

1. He's supposed to be "near death" in this film.
2. Has Norman Osborne EVER worn a Bowler hat?
3. Norman is unlikely to run his own errands. People come to him or he has them brought to him, he's not going to go to them to deliver threats.