Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #551
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick

Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmarvel View Post
I have a few problems with it being Norman.

1. He's supposed to be "near death" in this film.
2. Has Norman Osborne EVER worn a Bowler hat?
3. Norman is unlikely to run his own errands. People come to him or he has them brought to him, he's not going to go to them to deliver threats.
first yes, but we dont know how much time passed since lizard case. maybe in mean time, with lizard serum and formula they created antidote for Osborn's desise.

second, i dont know.
third, yes and no. not many people know what happened between norman, connors and peter father, this is like personal case for Norman, he want to know what happened exactly.

also we dont know if scene is "what happening in connors head" or is real scene. i dont think is mysterio because mysterio is not that kind of guy, if its not norman osborne, then is chamelleon (in disguise), also it's not electro because voice is too old for be electro.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #552
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Some parts seemed to drag, and that makes me not want to rewatch the movie
Where does this movie drag?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 07-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #553
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I personally can't wait to get the film on Blu-Ray and watch it again and again!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #554
Liquidsolidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I personally can't wait to get the film on Blu-Ray and watch it again and again!
Amen to that!

Old 07-23-2012, 01:22 AM   #555
I Am The Knight
World's Finest

The Blu-Ray cannot get here soon enough.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:23 AM   #556
JP
Smelly

Agreed.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #557
Manic4Love
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guard View Post
where does this movie drag?
Nowhere. It actually seemed to be going too fast in some parts.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #558
Itsy
Newbie First Class

I was zoning out during some parts. Dr. Connor's monologue and when he was arguing with that other guy.

The bridge scene should have been exciting, but I already saw the clip online, so the part where the kid put on the mask ever so slowly then climbed up the flaming car... ever... so... slowly... bored me to tears. I did crack up again at Spidey telling the kid to climb faster. That one line saves the scene from being completely cheesy and melodramatic.

Oh, and the part where it takes Spidey forever to get to the Oscorp tower? I guess the cranes lining up for him should feel epic, but I was already half-asleep by then.

I don't hate the movie, but it could have been tighter.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #559
JOE

The directors cut of this movie will be an entirely different movie. There's so much we thought we were going to get but didn't. Ratha for example. He's in one more scene at least.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #560
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

If there is a director's cut, but I don't think they have confirmed anything, did them?
I'd like that, though.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #561
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

Marc Webb said there isn't going to be a director's cut.

And if there was, it probably wouldn't be like an entirely different movie. >.<

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #562
Itsy
Newbie First Class

On a tangent, every time I heard Peter's cell phone ring with that generic phone ringing sound, I really wish they used Itsy Bitsy Spider as his cellphone ringtone as a nod to Spectacular Spider-Man. Would that have been so hard? Oh well, maybe for the sequel.

In the meantime I'm just going to take the layered t-shirt outfits as a nod to Spectacular (even though it's really a pretty common look. Hey, I take what I can get).

Old 07-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #563
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I personally greatly desired a reboot to the series. I'm sure I am not alone in disliking Raimi's Spiderman 3, but I also found Tobey Macgure and Kirsten Dunst boring throughout. The Raimi trilogy had its upsides (namely Doc Ock) but also serious drawbacks that make it impossible for me to love the series.

That being said, I had high hopes for ASM. After seeing it the first time I wasn't sure how to feel. A few details left me a little underwhelmed. I wanted to note a few things that helped me to get past these hangups by my second/third times seeing the film to maybe assist more casual fans getting past them as well.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

Specifically:
1. "With great power..." quote watered down.
- after a tiny bit of research it appears the quote was not originally Uncle Ben but the "Narrator" in the original spidey comics. I'm just glad they gave us a nod to it.
2. The Lizards flat face and his silly lines.
- this became slightly more believable after thinking about how a reptile and a mammal may (more realistically) be cross-bred. As far as cheesy lines go, Connors was new to being a villain, so i cut him a little slack.
3. No Nick Fury (call me naive for wanting this)
- I was stuck on an Avengers kick and hoping against hope. However, it turns out all I wanted was Superhero potential. Maybe Peter will get a call from Fury in the future and maybe he won't but what we definitely can look forward to, is Spidey and Venom teaming up against the Sinister Six (as it sounds like the producers may be aiming for that type of team up).

As far as the rest of the movie goes (and other inconsistencies people are discussing on these forums, here are some other notes I made specifically about the science behind the movie:

Peter's father "bred the spiders and everything changed."
- Richard Parker found the secret to cross species genetics between different breeds of spiders. Creating the genetically altered "super-spiders" seen in the original Raimi Spiderman. It appears the science behind spidey's origin has evolved to genetically altered spiders with viral toxins instead of radioactive spiders. All this does is add to the realism of Spiderman and separate him from radioactive superheroes (Hulk, Captain America) and I for one am pleased with the results.
- Once they managed this, the next step was to cross the genetics not just species to species, but different creature class to class. In this case Reptile to Mammal (with obvious complications). Rajit Ratha in the film wanted Connors to skip testing that would move to the next step of animal order to order, Lizard to Primate. Obviously this would be a huge breakthrough to continue onto Human testing.
- All in all it appears the formula could have worked with further testing and quite possibly could be used to not only cure Norman Osborn of whatever is ailing him but also instill in him superhuman powers of some kind.

And regarding the snubbed plot-lines in the movie:

The way I see it, this is part one to a potentially two, three, four or even five (or more) part movie! Peter's revenge on the star tattoo burglar was never exacted and we never discovered much about the mystery behind his parent's death. We also didnt see J. Jonah Jameson, Mary Jane Watson or Norman Osborn. I can't wait to see the rest of this potentially gigantic blockbuster series to unfold. Spider-Man is one of my favorite heroes. I was Peter Parker in high school and with this movie I feel like its finally cool to like spidey again.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #564
Alpha Born
Banned User

Does anybody know if there are any websites that sale Scarlett Spider hoodies?

Old 07-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #565
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

NOW CAN SOMEONE MAKE A GIF FOR ME FOR HECKS SAKE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMxAT...feature=relmfu

0:54-0:56

Old 07-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #566
Maximum Carnage
Tanned User

Woah'. Great vid.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #567
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I felt sorry The Lizard

Old 07-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #568
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Saw TDKR In Imax, I really liked it. Ending made it better than The Avengers only by a little, but I though TASM beats Avengers.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #569
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Saw TDKR In Imax, I really liked it. Ending made it better than The Avengers only by a little, but I though TASM beats Avengers.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #570
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Finally seeing this film again (only saw it once on opening day). Going to catch it in 3D this time.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #571
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
My review:

I give it a 7 out of 10.

The plot just seems to go from point A to point B without a natural flow (much like Daredevil did), we never really get to understand many of the characters or their motivations, too much is left unresolved (to the point of feeling more like a setup for a sequel than a movie in and of itself) and the characterization of Peter is awful. We may have gotten quips, but Garfield's Parker lacks the common man, likability that Maguire brought to the table....there was a genuine warmth to Peter that made the audience root for him. Garfield, IMO, lacked that. He just came off as a punk with a chip on his shoulder. Furthermore the Lizard was beyond absurd in terms of appearance and characterization. His scheme felt like something from an 70s Bond movie.

One huge problem that I had is that I never really felt Spider-Man's presence. He was there, but no one outside of the main characters and a crane worker really seemed to care. Raimi's films, for better or worse, showed the world's reactions to a guy in spandex swinging through Manhattan stopping crimes. This movie needed something like that. The impact should've been felt in the world.

That being said, it was well acted (especially from Leary and Sheen) and the action scenes were great.

So yeah, overall, 7 out of 10. Not quite Batman Begins, not quite Superman Returns but somewhere in the middle. The sequel does have potential to be better....but the movie should've focused a little less on what is to come and a little more on what is in the now.
I do know how you feel, and I agree with that. The city montage in the first Spider-Man movie really developed Spider-Man as a being in New York City. As a New Yorker, I almost felt like there was a Spider-Man somewhere swinging around.

I think by the second film his existence will become more known to the public and believable, especially after the crane scene and the battle on Oscorp tower.

One HUGE reason why Spider-Man's presence isn't felt is because of no J. Jonah Jameson. As the editor of the Daily Bugle, he really put Spider-Man out there, blaming him for crimes and calling him a menace, giving more people opinions of Spider-Man.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #572
Nite-Watchman
Newbie First Class

The movie's strength was its realistic dialogue. Never once did it feel like actors were reciting from a script, but it felt like real conversation.

Far as characters: Martin Sheen's Uncle Ben was great, and his death held even more emotional weight than the later death of Captain Stacy. Connors/Lizard had a nice arc going, though I wish he would've done more as the antagonist. Gwen Stacy was a cute young woman, and I appreciate that she balanced "damsel in distress" with "woman of action". And now for Peter Parker. He was likable. He was the guy you see in a modern high school that's an awkward guy, sort of a misfit, but good underneath. His character development from that awkward teen into a responsible man and superhero was subtle.

The romance between Gwen and Peter was well done: they had reasons to be attracted to one another (Gwen saw a valiant and intelligent person in Peter, and that he was a superhero/vigilante/bad boy played a part; Peter saw a beautiful and intelligent female in Gwen to whom he could relate, both sharing a passion for science).

The editing was jerky in some parts, especially in the Third Act when the Lizard initiates his plan. It's back-and-forth too quickly, and overall a tad rushed. The action/fight scenes were intense and gritty, though nothing stands out as incredible.

Very good movie. Like I said, the character interactions were the best parts, most notably between Gwen and Peter (most notably those in Gwen's bedroom; my favorite was when Peter comes in cut up by the Lizard and she helps clean his wounds). 9/10

Last edited by Nite-Watchman; 08-02-2012 at 03:52 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #573
Liquidsolidus

Saw it in 3D a few days ago and was completely blown away. I totally wouldn't mind saving up for a big 3DTV just to have that experience again :P Rock on Spidey!

Old 08-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #574
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsolidus View Post
Saw it in 3D a few days ago and was completely blown away. I totally wouldn't mind saving up for a big 3DTV just to have that experience again :P Rock on Spidey!
good to know! im sooo going to buy the 3D Bluray!

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #575
Liquidsolidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
good to know! im sooo going to buy the 3D Bluray!
Haha you'll enjoy it! I've described it this way so many times, even on this forum, but to me during the big wide shots of the city, it felt like the theater was actually just a massive skyscraper in the city as well, and the screen was a giant window, as if I was actually looking out to the city itself. Seriously great!

Closed Thread