2 1 0.38%
1 - I'd rather eat Spider-Man's spleen than watch this 2 0.76%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #676
ęKAW
Banned User

Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Oh God make it stop, I'm in Cheesy Avy Hell.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #677
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
. Why's he fighting criminals all of the sudden? WHy the hell would Pete, a science-whiz-come-skateboarding-punk give a **** about protecting innocent people? Uncle Ben's death in the first film was a catharsis - the point where everything changed for Pete. Here it just made him more bitter about everything.
This is a key component of the story that, really wasn't explained well enough. Good point. That is to say, why would the character all of a sudden develop an interest in stopping car thieves or criminals at large? Uncle Ben's death has yet to occur at this point in time. So that is not a motivating factor

Old 09-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #678
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbull23 View Post
This is a key component of the story that, really wasn't explained well enough. Good point. That is to say, why would the character all of a sudden develop an interest in stopping car thieves or criminals at large? Uncle Ben's death has yet to occur at this point in time. So that is not a motivating factor
I dont understand your point. The first night after Ben is killed Pete's goes out and stops his first "crime," a blonde guy assaulting a woman. "You like beating on girls, you like beating on old men? When was the last time you were in Queens?"

Then he continues looking for the blonde man who killed his uncle. He justifies his quest for revenge by acting like he is helping. It isn't until after learning from yet another of his father figures (Capt. Stacy) that he is doing it all wrong that he decides to start helping the city in other ways.

If anything, the way Ben's death changes Peter is far less apparent in Raimi's first film. He backs a guy up and out a window, killing him, and then decides to start webbing up burglars? A little more of a jump if yo uask me.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:27 AM   #679
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Peter is far less apparent in Raimi's first film. He backs a guy up and out a window, killing him, and then decides to start webbing up burglars? A little more of a jump if yo uask me.
In Raimi's first film, Peter is in that warehouse because he believes that he has his uncle's killer cornered, and while his intention may or may not have been to kill the guy, he was there to make certain he caught his uncle's killer and stopped him.

From this point in the film onwards, we understand that this act of stopping his uncles killer has triggered the change in him. We now know why he's going to go out there day after day in search of stopping criminals. He feels compelled by the guilt inside of him, and he never wants anyone to experience that pain ever again.

The sequence of events, and the logic behind his motivations are more apparent in the 2002 movie.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #680
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbull23 View Post
In Raimi's first film, Peter is in that warehouse because he believes that he has his uncle's killer cornered, and while his intention may or may not have been to kill the guy, he was there to make certain he caught his uncle's killer and stopped him.

From this point in the film onwards, we understand that this act of stopping his uncles killer has triggered the change in him. We now know why he's going to go out there day after day in search of stopping criminals. He feels compelled by the guilt inside of him, and he never wants anyone to experience that pain ever again.

The sequence of events, and the logic behind his motivations are more apparent in the 2002 movie.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Yes, he goes to the warehouse for revenge.
Yes, he cries and its obvious he feels guilty about Ben's murder.
Yes, he knows he made the wrong move.
But no, it does not make more sense in the 2002 SM.
It goes from warehouse scene to graduation scene to Spider-Man crime fighting montage.
literally, i just watched it. A lot of his "catharsis" has to be inferred. Which is totally fine! not only is it a slightly shorter film, but it also has to make room for him to be fully developed as a super hero before his battle with his arch nemesis.

ON the other hand! In the 2012 film, revenge initially drives him to "help" people in a very specific way. He's not stopping crime, he is looking for Ben's killer. Makes sense. Because of guilt he feels like its his responsibility to avenge Ben's death.

Enter George Stacy, who inadvertently but very explicitly teaches Peter that revenge is not one of the "good things... you have the moral obligation to do." Therefore he abandons his quest for revenge in favor of a more responsible crusade. Its very clear cut. It may take a little longer in ASM, but what do you expect? its the first part in of a series of films. (Raimi's couldve been a stand-alone at the time)

I would say you shouldn't actually consider him to legitimately be "Spider-Man" in ASM until he tells the kid's dad on the bridge that he is (about 20 minutes longer than it took Tobey)

Old 09-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #681
mjbull23
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:

It goes from warehouse scene to graduation scene to Spider-Man crime fighting montage.
literally, i just watched it. A lot of his "catharsis" has to be inferred. Which is totally fine! not only is it a slightly shorter film, but it also has to make room for him to be fully developed as a super hero before his battle with his arch nemesis.

ON the other hand! In the 2012 film, revenge initially drives him to "help" people in a very specific way. He's not stopping crime, he is looking for Ben's killer. Makes sense. Because of guilt he feels like its his responsibility to avenge Ben's death.

Enter George Stacy, who inadvertently but very explicitly teaches Peter that revenge is not one of the "good things... you have the moral obligation to do." Therefore he abandons his quest for revenge in favor of a more responsible crusade. Its very clear cut. It may take a little longer in ASM, but what do you expect? its the first part in of a series of films. (Raimi's couldve been a stand-alone at the time)

I would say you shouldn't actually consider him to legitimately be "Spider-Man" in ASM until he tells the kid's dad on the bridge that he is (about 20 minutes longer than it took Tobey)
I think you are probably correct in your observations, which in fact do make perfect sense to me if it is as you say it is.

I have to rewatch the movie a 2nd time and pay particular attention to those details, and I certainly will. Love this movie, and I'm glad to see Spidey back on the big screen where he belongs.

Old 09-09-2012, 01:44 AM   #682
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

ah, youre reasonable. yay! haha. well you are still entitled to your opinion.

I may be slightly biased because I like Webb's a bit better, but I think a little more time and thought was given to the origin. Raimi's looks and feels more like the comics in many ways and no one will have a serious issue seeing Peter develop into Spidey in the film. I just think Webb's hits closer to home.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #683
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

*Waits for RIM to come back*

Old 09-19-2012, 02:27 AM   #684
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Why?

Old 09-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #685
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I'm kidding dude, I don't care for him....

Old 09-19-2012, 02:53 AM   #686
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

I miss that fellow

I believe in the rightfulness of this campaign
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

#BanSawyer
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #687
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I wouldn't say I don't care for him, lol. I would've liked to read his review for TAS-M.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #688
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

I would want that as well. I heard he didn't like it, interested to know his full thought

#BanSawyer
Old 09-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #689
Oscorp
I hate you...so much!

RIM gave us alot of stuff, at least be thankful for that.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #690
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I'm thankful, but I hate him for trolling you guys and plain leaving this board.

Anyone know what happened to this scene?

Notice the City not School?
Check the 2nd Trailer.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #691
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
I'm thankful, but I hate him for trolling you guys and plain leaving this board.

Check the 2nd Trailer.
That scene looks exactly like the bit JUST before she gets thrown out the window. That might have been an unfinished scene and they just put the wrong background in. Because it's WAY too similar to the school scene.

But then, I could be WAY wrong

Old 09-20-2012, 04:57 AM   #692
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
I dont understand your point. The first night after Ben is killed Pete's goes out and stops his first "crime," a blonde guy assaulting a woman. "You like beating on girls, you like beating on old men? When was the last time you were in Queens?"

Then he continues looking for the blonde man who killed his uncle. He justifies his quest for revenge by acting like he is helping. It isn't until after learning from yet another of his father figures (Capt. Stacy) that he is doing it all wrong that he decides to start helping the city in other ways.

If anything, the way Ben's death changes Peter is far less apparent in Raimi's first film. He backs a guy up and out a window, killing him, and then decides to start webbing up burglars? A little more of a jump if yo uask me.
Agreed. The reasons for becoming spidey are more apparent in TASM and how he ends up the hero. Very well developed I thought. You even see the realization on Petes face when Capt. Stacey says that 'he's after guys who all look alike, like he's on a revenge mission. How's he helping the people and police?' (I'm getting the basic idea down lol).

Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #693
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
That scene looks exactly like the bit JUST before she gets thrown out the window. That might have been an unfinished scene and they just put the wrong background in. Because it's WAY too similar to the school scene.

But then, I could be WAY wrong
Watch the trailer once more, even Peter takes his shirt off (back shot of him) and we see the city, not the bridge like in the 4 Minute Preview.

Obvious wrong background...

Old 09-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #694
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:

literally, i just watched it.
A lot of his "catharsis" has to be inferred. Which is totally fine! not only is it a slightly shorter film, but it also has to make room for him to be fully developed as a super hero before his battle with his arch nemesis.

Then you have totally missed A BIG part of his motivation for fighting crime in the 2002 movie. He still feels guilty over the way Uncle Ben died and his last words to him. Then Aunt May re-assures him "You loved him, and HE loved you, HE never doubted the man you'd grow into, how you were meant for great things, you wont dissapoint HIM."

After this, he wants to live upto what Uncle Ben thought he would achieve, i.e 'great things,' He has the power to change people's lives and do great things, which his Uncle thought he was capable of and he didnt want to dissapoint him, so its hardly warehouse-graduation-crime fighting is it? This is a BIG part in between.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #695
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
He just provided needed data, and some of his thoughts
Quote:

Check the 2nd Trailer.
Background was replaced using CGI
End of story

#BanSawyer
Old 09-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #696
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
He didn't troll anyone expect for the real hardcore fans. I was pleased to have someone actually giving a real opinion besides saying they just loved it which we heard quickly on Twitter for that first couple of days. Him not liking it was fine although I would have loved to see a review that came with his views.

Quote:

Check the 2nd Trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Background was replaced using CGI
End of story

Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #697
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
He didn't troll anyone expect for the real hardcore fans. I was pleased to have someone actually giving a real opinion besides saying they just loved it which we heard quickly on Twitter for that first couple of days. Him not liking it was fine although I would have loved to see a review that came with his views.
Someone saying they liked or even loved the movie isn't giving a real opinion? And most of those early reviews on Twitter were prior to Sony lifting the ban on posting details about the movie so all people could really say was "loved it" or "hated it." RIM posting his thoughts were more detailed, although he still didn't give away anything major and respected the ban, was mostly cause he was reporting to us, the SHH family.

If I were RIM I would have left too. He comes on here all the time giving us little tidbits of info about promotions and early releases of things (most of which we aren't entitled to but he did it anyway) then he sees the movie, says he didn't like it and everyone pretty much turns on him. What a kick in the face.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #698
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Someone saying they liked or even loved the movie isn't giving a real opinion? And most of those early reviews on Twitter were prior to Sony lifting the ban on posting details about the movie so all people could really say was "loved it" or "hated it." RIM posting his thoughts were more detailed, although he still didn't give away anything major and respected the ban, was mostly cause he was reporting to us, the SHH family.

If I were RIM I would have left too. He comes on here all the time giving us little tidbits of info about promotions and early releases of things (most of which we aren't entitled to but he did it anyway) then he sees the movie, says he didn't like it and everyone pretty much turns on him. What a kick in the face.
I didn't mean it like that, but the Twitter feed on the film seemed way too much to be true so it was nice to actually get something that wasn't so lovey-dovey as with TAS-M, it wasn't so lovey dovey when it comes to the audience. People loved it, liked it, didn't like it, hated it. Plus, to also even things out, I didn't give a flying **** over the Twitter feed when it came to TDKR either, lol.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:45 AM   #699
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
I didn't mean it like that, but the Twitter feed on the film seemed way too much to be true so it was nice to actually get something that wasn't so lovey-dovey as with TAS-M, it wasn't so lovey dovey when it comes to the audience. People loved it, liked it, didn't like it, hated it. Plus, to also even things out, I didn't give a flying **** over the Twitter feed when it came to TDKR either, lol.
Didn't someone like post that The Dark Knight Rises script sucks or something?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #700
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Yeah, lol, I don't put much stock into the Twitter feed either.

Closed Thread