The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

View Poll Results: How amazing is it?
10 - It's a Web of Amazing 41 15.53%
9 85 32.20%
8 75 28.41%
7 32 12.12%
6 10 3.79%
5 - Kinda Spectacular 11 4.17%
4 6 2.27%
3 1 0.38%
2 1 0.38%
1 - I'd rather eat Spider-Man's spleen than watch this 2 0.76%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #726
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,887
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

^ I really hope my views on ASM don't change upon viewing the movie again. If it does, oh well. It's been several months since I've seen it and with the downpouring of negativity and scrutinizing that seems to be coming down on the movie it'll be interesting to see how I feel after watching the movie once it's out on Blu-ray.

I'll post some more thoughts here once I've seen it.

Let me ask you this Oz, does your new stance on the film have anything to do with the influence of these boards?

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #727
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

I would hope he wasn't swayed by the influence of these boards. That's like me hating TDKR now after reading some of the negativity I see and read on these boards, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #728
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,887
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I would hope he wasn't swayed by the influence of these boards. That's like me hating TDKR now after reading some of the negativity I see and read on these boards, lol.
I hope so too. I mean it would suck if that was the case for him or you or me or anyone for that matter. It's a fair question though.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #729
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,524
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Honestly, I kind of take most of the talk on here with a grain of salt. Some people start disecting movies down to ridiculous levels, to the point where you could take any movie and hate it.

I accept that TASM has flaws. But you know what? It was still my favorite Spidey film by far. Yeah, we can nitpick the heck out of it, but at some point you just have to put it aside and go with your gut.

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #730
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,322
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I would hope he wasn't swayed by the influence of these boards. That's like me hating TDKR now after reading some of the negativity I see and read on these boards, lol.
exactly! , are the batboards really negative this times?

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air
-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU
-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline  
Old 10-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #731
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Don't get me wrong, MANY posters do enjoy TDKR as much as I do, but there are some and you know who as how vocal they are when they bring up Nolan not expressing Gotham's emotions as much in this installment as the last two films, or the inclusion of LoS cheapening the third film since we already saw the LoS once before. To me, those are minor things, but they're bigger for some.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #732
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
^ I really hope my views on ASM don't change upon viewing the movie again. If it does, oh well. It's been several months since I've seen it and with the downpouring of negativity and scrutinizing that seems to be coming down on the movie it'll be interesting to see how I feel after watching the movie once it's out on Blu-ray.

I'll post some more thoughts here once I've seen it.

Let me ask you this Oz, does your new stance on the film have anything to do with the influence of these boards?
I hope so as well Webhead!

Oh, trust me when I say it definitely has nothing to do with the influence. I've been very defensive about this film and when I got the chance to watch it for the second time, I was very pumped because I've looked forward to it since I watched it at the cinema.

Heck, some things people complain about here I don't necessarily agree with, such as Ratha, breaking the promise etc. I think I actually am one of the very very few here who finds the second half of the film much better than the first.

What I saw this second time was that almost everything felt slightly or much worse than I remembered it as. It was a very underwhelming feeling overall. Those times I thought Lizard looked really cool, he looked very unintimidating. Those times my heart pumped extra fast because of the romance in the film, it suddenly felt like a romance that was good but not much more (however Emma is still as great!) and I thought "Hey I think I like the Tony and Pepper relationship more actually!". I felt Andrew wasn't as likeable of a Peter Parker as I initially thought he was, though I still think his Spider-Man is really, really great!

The film felt much more "Ultimate Spider-Man" this time around for some reason.

But the biggest problem I had with this film now is how bored I found myself until Connors becomes the Lizard. When I first thought "Hey it was a great thing they didn't put so much focus on action", I actually missed some action now.

This film experience is the polar opposite I had with TDKR. When I first watched TDKR I felt very underwhelmed and bored and thought the film felt odd somehow. The second time I absolutely loved it! With ASM, I had a blast the first time but was very bored the second go. I hope that won't happen to you because I was so happy about this film before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I would hope he wasn't swayed by the influence of these boards. That's like me hating TDKR now after reading some of the negativity I see and read on these boards, lol.
Oh, things like that don't affect me much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Honestly, I kind of take most of the talk on here with a grain of salt. Some people start disecting movies down to ridiculous levels, to the point where you could take any movie and hate it.

I accept that TASM has flaws. But you know what? It was still my favorite Spidey film by far. Yeah, we can nitpick the heck out of it, but at some point you just have to put it aside and go with your gut.
It sure may sound like I nitpick but I was just so shocked at how different it felt.

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #733
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour
 
Ramsay Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: BOLTON, England, UK
Posts: 7,514
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I hope so too. I mean it would suck if that was the case for him or you or me or anyone for that matter. It's a fair question though.
Good point. Not me, though. After reading the stuff here and other places, my experience is the same, perhaps even better on rewatch.

__________________
*** I USED TO BE rogue_agent ***
Ramsay Snow is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #734
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,887
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Honestly, I kind of take most of the talk on here with a grain of salt. Some people start disecting movies down to ridiculous levels, to the point where you could take any movie and hate it.

I accept that TASM has flaws. But you know what? It was still my favorite Spidey film by far. Yeah, we can nitpick the heck out of it, but at some point you just have to put it aside and go with your gut.
I agree about taking things with a grain of salt especially on these boards. I'm pretty stout in my opinions but you can't help but wonder how much of an effect the negative banter does get to you at some point. I'll know more about how I feel once I am able to rewatch ASM and go with my gut feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I hope so as well Webhead!

Oh, trust me when I say it definitely has nothing to do with the influence. I've been very defensive about this film and when I got the chance to watch it for the second time, I was very pumped because I've looked forward to it since I watched it at the cinema.

Heck, some things people complain about here I don't necessarily agree with, such as Ratha, breaking the promise etc. I think I actually am one of the very very few here who finds the second half of the film much better than the first.

What I saw this second time was that almost everything felt slightly or much worse than I remembered it as. It was a very underwhelming feeling overall. Those times I thought Lizard looked really cool, he looked very unintimidating. Those times my heart pumped extra fast because of the romance in the film, it suddenly felt like a romance that was good but not much more (however Emma is still as great!) and I thought "Hey I think I like the Tony and Pepper relationship more actually!". I felt Andrew wasn't as likeable of a Peter Parker as I initially thought he was, though I still think his Spider-Man is really, really great!

The film felt much more "Ultimate Spider-Man" this time around for some reason.

But the biggest problem I had with this film now is how bored I found myself until Connors becomes the Lizard. When I first thought "Hey it was a great thing they didn't put so much focus on action", I actually missed some action now.

This film experience is the polar opposite I had with TDKR. When I first watched TDKR I felt very underwhelmed and bored and thought the film felt odd somehow. The second time I absolutely loved it! With ASM, I had a blast the first time but was very bored the second go. I hope that won't happen to you because I was so happy about this film before.
Well I am glad to hear that it wasn't some sort of influential thing created by these boards that caused your view to change but it has me a bit nervous that my views might change as well. I certainly hope not but there's not much I can do about it either...it is what it is. I'll def post my thoughts here once I've had a chance to see the movie again sometime after I get the Bluray on the 9th. I know I could pirate the movie but I'd rather watch it in full HD glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
Good point. Not me, though. After reading the stuff here and other places, my experience is the same, perhaps even better on rewatch.
Awesome.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #735
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,524
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post


It sure may sound like I nitpick but I was just so shocked at how different it felt.
Oh, no worries about that. That's happened to me before as well with certain films. I was talking about the influence of these boards.

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #736
LegendaryCaleb
Ozymandias.
 
LegendaryCaleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Born MI - Raised Texas
Posts: 9,791
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

watched this again last night...still absolutely amazing...i cant wait for 2!!!

__________________
SuperHeroHype...Everyone has an opinion...but yours doesn't matter here.
Ben : http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=19961787
LegendaryCaleb is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #737
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,322
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryCaleb View Post
watched this again last night...still absolutely amazing...i cant wait for 2!!!
great to know that ! me too , can´t wait for friday , im going to check today if they have it

__________________
avvy by Kane52630
"-On belif of the fair people of New York city and real rhinos everywhere i ask you to put your mechanized paws in the air
-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU
-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #738
Fox
Side-Kick
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 314
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Personally I loved it. It stuck in my mind more than I was expecting it to, what with The Avengers and TDKR being released on either side of it. I was beyond pleasantly surprised.

I've actually been writing about it in defence against the naysayers. What was supposed to start off as a simple review while waiting for the DVD has sort of evolved into an in-depth analysis of the character and comparison of the two films.

If any of you want to check it out you can take a look here.

The intro
http://fenskeland.blogspot.ca/2012/1...e-look-or.html

A comparison of the two film's take on the origin story
http://fenskeland.blogspot.ca/2012/1...gin-story.html

A look at what REALLY defines Peter Parker as a character and what that means in the 21st century.
http://fenskeland.blogspot.ca/2012/1...rker-nerd.html

A critical look at the contrast between the Spidey and Peter persona's, why its important to the character, and which film got it right.
http://fenskeland.blogspot.ca/2012/1...man-cocky.html

I'll be adding more soon about the romantic relationships.

Assuming anyone decides to read it, let me know what you think. I'll keep posting updates here, but if anyone wants to PM me I can let you know when the next entry is ready.

Fox is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #739
TheSpidey22
The Vigilante Spiderman
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 42
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Hey every1 im new here been lurking awhile, big time spidey fan just posted my suit in the suit thread but anyways...i gotta say i did love the amazing spiderman..i thought it was the best spidey film so far , garfield was a great peter/spidey & stone was a good gwen too loved how it was done in an old school spidey & reminded me of ultimate too , was way better then the raimi / maguire trilogy in my opinion. i only enjoyed spiderman 1 out of them & this was way better then sm1 anyways just posten my opinion cant wait for the sequel

TheSpidey22 is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #740
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,887
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

^Welcome to the boards!

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #741
TheSpidey22
The Vigilante Spiderman
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 42
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

thanks man.i have to stand by that amazing is the Best!

TheSpidey22 is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #742
Fox
Side-Kick
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 314
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Part 5 of my intensive comparison of the Spider-man films is now up. This one focusses on Gwen Stacy vs. Mary Jane.

http://fenskeland.blogspot.ca/2012/1...e-edition.html

Fox is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #743
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Watched it for the third time, this time on real blu-ray on my TV.

Aaaand I'm back to where I felt when I first watched it at the cinema, except even better.

My favourite film ever I must say, and no I'm not joking. I even think it was the totally right thing to delete those scenes with the one exception of the Billy scene (though I don't know where it would belong and fit).

It's easily the film with the most heart of all and things I had problems with the second time, I never felt that now (probably because that time I watched it on Youtube hehe).

Another thing...the action was much better I felt now. The picture quality? Top notch, best I've ever seen. The camera work and imagery? Absolutely stunning! It definitely feels like a comic book come to life. There are thousands of details put into this film that shows how much love was put into this. Spider-Man really feels like the Spidey I know and love!

So yeah, forget what I said just a few posts up. Webb...do your thing!

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #744
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,887
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Watched it for the third time, this time on real blu-ray on my TV.

Aaaand I'm back to where I felt when I first watched it at the cinema, except even better.

My favourite film ever I must say, and no I'm not joking. I even think it was the totally right thing to delete those scenes with the one exception of the Billy scene (though I don't know where it would belong and fit).

It's easily the film with the most heart of all and things I had problems with the second time, I never felt that now (probably because that time I watched it on Youtube hehe).

Another thing...the action was much better I felt now. The picture quality? Top notch, best I've ever seen. The camera work and imagery? Absolutely stunning! It definitely feels like a comic book come to life. There are thousands of details put into this film that shows how much love was put into this. Spider-Man really feels like the Spidey I know and love!

So yeah, forget what I said just a few posts up. Webb...do your thing!
Soooo glad to hear you say this, Oz! It gives me greater hope about my third viewing of the film. I only saw it twice in the theaters and I'll be buying it on Bluray tomorrow morning and watching it tomorrow night at some point cuddled up with the wifey. I'll post my thoughts on here sometime over the weekend.

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #745
Smegger56
The Smegginator
 
Smegger56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: ScouseLand, Liverpool, England
Posts: 2,453
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

I've watched it about 6 times in total, and for me, it gets better the more I see it.

I really do think it is one of the best cb films out. So excited for the sequel.

__________________
METAL.GEAR
ASSASSIN'S

Smegger56 is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #746
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,557
Thumbs up Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Watched it for the third time, this time on real blu-ray on my TV.

Aaaand I'm back to where I felt when I first watched it at the cinema, except even better.

My favourite film ever I must say, and no I'm not joking. I even think it was the totally right thing to delete those scenes with the one exception of the Billy scene (though I don't know where it would belong and fit).

It's easily the film with the most heart of all and things I had problems with the second time, I never felt that now (probably because that time I watched it on Youtube hehe).

Another thing...the action was much better I felt now. The picture quality? Top notch, best I've ever seen. The camera work and imagery? Absolutely stunning! It definitely feels like a comic book come to life. There are thousands of details put into this film that shows how much love was put into this. Spider-Man really feels like the Spidey I know and love!

So yeah, forget what I said just a few posts up. Webb...do your thing!
Holy attitude change, Batman

It's funny how more viewings can help you appreciate something more. I am hoping that happens for me with The Dark Knight Rises. I don't dislike it, I actually enjoy it. But I think it is very flawed and a big step down from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

So I am hoping when I get it at the end of the month it will improve in my eyes more than it is now.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #747
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Watched it for the third time, this time on real blu-ray on my TV.

Aaaand I'm back to where I felt when I first watched it at the cinema, except even better.

My favourite film ever I must say, and no I'm not joking. I even think it was the totally right thing to delete those scenes with the one exception of the Billy scene (though I don't know where it would belong and fit).

It's easily the film with the most heart of all and things I had problems with the second time, I never felt that now (probably because that time I watched it on Youtube hehe).

Another thing...the action was much better I felt now. The picture quality? Top notch, best I've ever seen. The camera work and imagery? Absolutely stunning! It definitely feels like a comic book come to life. There are thousands of details put into this film that shows how much love was put into this. Spider-Man really feels like the Spidey I know and love!

So yeah, forget what I said just a few posts up. Webb...do your thing!
Damn, lol.

So what made you revert back to your original opinion? Seemed better after watching it in a smaller area than a theatre? That usually helps with some movies that I end up renting to see again.

Can't say I'll feel any better when I watch TAS-M on Blu-ray, but glad you enjoy it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Holy attitude change, Batman

It's funny how more viewings can help you appreciate something more. I am hoping that happens for me with The Dark Knight Rises. I don't dislike it, I actually enjoy it. But I think it is very flawed and a big step down from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

So I am hoping when I get it at the end of the month it will improve in my eyes more than it is now.
I really hope your mind is changed a bit after watching TDKR again. Imo, it's not necessarily a step down from BB and TDK, but just something different. The voice of Gotham City may not be as focal, but the film does have a much broader feeling with having the military being involved more than in TDK, having the President being involved and what have you.

Best of luck though when you pick up TDKR later

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #748
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Soooo glad to hear you say this, Oz! It gives me greater hope about my third viewing of the film. I only saw it twice in the theaters and I'll be buying it on Bluray tomorrow morning and watching it tomorrow night at some point cuddled up with the wifey. I'll post my thoughts on here sometime over the weekend.
I think you'll love it! Maybe even more because the more you watch it, the more you notice the details put into the acting, body language, camera work etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Holy attitude change, Batman

It's funny how more viewings can help you appreciate something more. I am hoping that happens for me with The Dark Knight Rises. I don't dislike it, I actually enjoy it. But I think it is very flawed and a big step down from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

So I am hoping when I get it at the end of the month it will improve in my eyes more than it is now.
Haha yeah I feel dumb for changing my mind again so quickly, but at least it's back to the better!

I don't know how many times you've watched TDKR, and I have said this many, many times but at first I felt the same as you. Second time I absolutely loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Damn, lol.

So what made you revert back to your original opinion? Seemed better after watching it in a smaller area than a theatre? That usually helps with some movies that I end up renting to see again.

Can't say I'll feel any better when I watch TAS-M on Blu-ray, but glad you enjoy it again

I really hope your mind is changed a bit after watching TDKR again. Imo, it's not necessarily a step down from BB and TDK, but just something different. The voice of Gotham City may not be as focal, but the film does have a much broader feeling with having the military being involved more than in TDK, having the President being involved and what have you.

Best of luck though when you pick up TDKR later
Thanks alot Anno!

First time I watched it at cinema: loved it. Second time, I watched it on Youtube (lol): thought the film was really boring. Third time, I watched it on blu-ray on a regular HD TV (no surround sound system or anything like that, so I can imagine it being even better with those): I loved it even more than first time.

I think watching it on the computer is what turned me off. With blu-ray quality, I found myself in awe again!

EDIT: Storywise I noticed alot of things I didn't notice before when it comes to the subtle messages, the acting, the extremely comic booky style feeling at many times etc.

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #749
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,546
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
So I am hoping when I get it at the end of the month it will improve in my eyes more than it is now.
I have the movie and I've watched it again about 2 times. Before I think I gave it about a 7/10. I liked it but wasn't blown away. Now, I'd give it an 8 or 8.5/10.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2

Last edited by AnneFan; 11-09-2012 at 06:46 AM.
AnneFan is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #750
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Thanks alot Anno!

First time I watched it at cinema: loved it. Second time, I watched it on Youtube (lol): thought the film was really boring. Third time, I watched it on blu-ray on a regular HD TV (no surround sound system or anything like that, so I can imagine it being even better with those): I loved it even more than first time.

I think watching it on the computer is what turned me off. With blu-ray quality, I found myself in awe again!

EDIT: Storywise I noticed alot of things I didn't notice before when it comes to the subtle messages, the acting, the extremely comic booky style feeling at many times etc.
Watching it on YouTube was your mistake, lol. At least when I saw it with my friend on his computer, TDKR looked pretty crystal clear. I can only assume how bad TAS-M looked on YT, haha.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.