2 1 0.38%
1 - I'd rather eat Spider-Man's spleen than watch this 2 0.76%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 04:58 AM   #801
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Default Re: OFFICIAL Rate & Review the Amazing Spider-Man! - Part 1

Finally got the missus to watch it last night with me. She was put of by it through my constant 'praise' of the film. So, after shutting up about it for a week, she said 'Ok, let's watch it'.

Cool stuff.

Her verdict? She loved it. In fact, I caught her crying at a lot of the film. She said that the origin is already better than the original, that it had more to it and everything felt more natural.

So I had a pleasent evening last night. I think that's the 7th time I've watched the film since I 'got it'. And it gets better each viewing

Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #802
chaseter
Bland User

Dad wanted to watch this over the holiday and it's worse than when I saw it in theaters. This whole movie just feels like a half assed and forced attempt on a Spider-Man movie. Nothing really felt genuine. You could tell Raimi was a huge fan of the character and to me this script seems like someone pretending to love the character. It has no classic feel at all. They tried too hard to make it different from the previous 3 that they focused on what they could do different than what they could do right ...all the way down to the costume. What's hilarious is how much they copied from SM1 without realizing it.

Hopefully Webb doesn't get manhandled this go around and they write a good script. Not very excited about their casting choices so far.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #803
Fox
Side-Kick

For those of you who have been following I've just updated my continuing review and comparisons of the Spider-man films on my blog.

http://fenskeland.blogspot.ca/2012/1...goblin-vs.html

This time around I compare the Green Goblin and the Lizard.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #804
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Dad wanted to watch this over the holiday and it's worse than when I saw it in theaters. This whole movie just feels like a half assed and forced attempt on a Spider-Man movie. Nothing really felt genuine. You could tell Raimi was a huge fan of the character and to me this script seems like someone pretending to love the character. It has no classic feel at all. They tried too hard to make it different from the previous 3 that they focused on what they could do different than what they could do right ...all the way down to the costume. What's hilarious is how much they copied from SM1 without realizing it.

Hopefully Webb doesn't get manhandled this go around and they write a good script. Not very excited about their casting choices so far.
Geez, you are really hard on this movie. If you hate it so much, then why do you bother posting about it?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 11-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #805
Anno_Domini
Banned User

So he can't have the right to post about seeing it again even if he dislikes it even more?

Old 11-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #806
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post

You're sig is hilarious and perfectly matches your opinion. I think that in ASM 2 they are actually going to try a little more to do their own thing instead of just trying to replace Raimi series.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #807
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So he can't have the right to post about seeing it again even if he dislikes it even more?
When did I say he doesn't have the right to post about it?

I dislike Iron Man 2, Captain America, & Thor, but I don't go on those boards and constantly complain about how "bad" they were. Its a waste.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 11-26-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #808
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
When did I say he doesn't have the right to post about it?

I dislike Iron Man 2, Captain America, & Thor, but I don't go on those boards and constantly complain about how "bad" they were. Its a waste.
Quote:
If you hate it so much, then why do you bother posting about it?
Why else would you ask this question?

Old 11-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #809
Schrute
Side-Kick

I am still a big fan of the original trilogy, that when I saw this film I didn't really have an opinion because I constantly kept thinking about the other films and comparing. How they were similar, how they were different, what they did better in this one, what they did better in the other one etc.

Finally saw it again, and reaalllllly liked it. I think for some people, especially if they liked the older ones a lot or remember a lot about them, they might have to see it twice. Obviously if they didn't like it they just didn't like it, but I think if you do see it again already knowing whats different/worse/better and just see it as a whole, it might be better. Then again it might be worse.

But for me, it was really good the second time around.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #810
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Why else would you ask this question?
I never said he doesn't have a right. I'm asking what is the point of coming back on these boards, reminding everyone of how much he hates the movie?

Old 11-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #811
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Not every movie review is positive, and he's just sharing his opinion.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #812
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
Not every movie review is positive, and he's just sharing his opinion.
Yes, I'm aware that not every movie review is positive. My point, once again, is that he comes back on here constantly sharing with us that he hates the film, and reminds us of it multiple times.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #813
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Yes, I'm aware that not every movie review is positive. My point, once again, is that he comes back on here constantly sharing with us that he hates the film, and reminds us of it multiple times.
Oh, okay that makes sense.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #814
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
Oh, okay that makes sense.
Sorry, I didn't word it correctly that first time.

I respect people's opinions, and not everyone can agree on the same thing. Just after a while, reminding us multiple times becomes too much.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #815
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't word it correctly that first time.

I respect people's opinions, and not everyone can agree on the same thing. Just after a while, reminding us multiple times becomes too much.
I get that some people didn´t like TASM but that doesn´t mean that they have to come here to remind us every month like trying to prove something, everyone has the right to express their opinion but if they constantly express the same thing multiple times in a negative way becomes tiresome

but still is his opinion and we have to respect it
Quote:

i know i use this A LOT but:

IT has no "Classic feel" because is based more in the Ultimate universe,they seem they copied the movie because that´s how Spiderman origin is and in many ways , and what´s genuine people seem to hate because is too different from Raimi´s Peter they did the costume different exactly to differ from the previous trilogy , that´s why they are doing a more ""Classic"" look for the next movie, i know this movie has a lot problems and thanks for sharing your thoughts... but still with that I still enjoy the movie and i hope the sequel is better

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"

Last edited by AF3619; 11-26-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #816
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
I get that some people didn´t like TASM but that doesn´t mean that they have to come here to remind us every month like trying to prove something, everyone has the right to express their opinion but if they constantly express the same thing multiple times in a negative way becomes tiresome

but still is his opinion and we have to respect it

My point exactly.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #817
AF3619
WOOO!

that´s why i don´t like Harry the sound guy from BID anymore he bashes the movie everytime he can......

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 11-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #818
Picard Sisko

Its funny, but I've watched the movie several times (5 times in theaters, once on blu-ray), and I think I like it more every time I see it again. The first time I loved it, but was a little unsure about how I felt about the movie. Second time, I noticed the movie's flaws, but I still loved it. By the third or fourth time around, I stuck with my rating of 8.5/10. Its not set in stone, so it will probably go down to an 8 or so in 10 years, but for now that will do.

I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #819
AF3619
WOOO!

What i really hope is that is like a comic book, the leave some plots for the sequel, because they knew they will have a sequel, in a review someone said that SM 1 felt more like a completed movie because they wrote it as a stand alone film instead of the first chapter of a series of movies and that´s why people complain "Where is the Untold story?" because this is the first chapter of a trilogy but still they need a better script

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 11-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #820
Picard Sisko

There are pros and cons to having unresolved plot points to be later resolved in a sequel. You can easily make a solid standalone film that could still warrant a second film, like Spider-Man 1. We are guaranteed more films anyway, so as long as these unresolved stories find some sort of conclusion within the next couple of films, I will be satisfied.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #821
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
There are pros and cons to having unresolved plot points to be later resolved in a sequel. You can easily make a solid standalone film that could still warrant a second film, like Spider-Man 1. We are guaranteed more films anyway, so as long as these unresolved stories find some sort of conclusion within the next couple of films, I will be satisfied.
exactly if they leave unresolved things UNRESOLVED we will have a problem , but if they if fact connect plots from TASM1 to TASM2 like Peter finding his Uncle killer and other stuff and completing THE UNTOLD STORY

-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #822
Picard Sisko

If Peter never finds his uncle Ben's killer, then I'm going to be very upset. Well, I'm sure everyone will have a HUGE problem with this franchise if that happens. But I doubt it will ever go in that direction, considering they panned over the Wanted photo of the killer at the end of TASM. Uncle Ben's voicemail mentions how Peter has so many unresolved things in his life at the same time.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #823
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
If Peter never finds his uncle Ben's killer, then I'm going to be very upset. Well, I'm sure everyone will have a HUGE problem with this franchise if that happens. But I doubt it will ever go in that direction, considering they panned over the Wanted photo of the killer at the end of TASM. Uncle Ben's voicemail mentions how Peter has so many unresolved things in his life at the same time.
Sorry, no they are producers but James need to get a better script for the sequel, i think Marc liked it
and i just noticed they have a new costume designer

-YES
-I´ll be right there"

Last edited by AF3619; 11-26-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #824
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Likewise...couldn't someone say one cannot constantly come on here sharing with us on how much they love or enjoy the film?

If you can't take the bad, then the good shouldn't be shared either as they all are open for discussion or at least should be.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:40 PM   #825
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Likewise...couldn't someone say one cannot constantly come on here sharing with us on how much they love or enjoy the film?

If you can't take the bad, then the good shouldn't be shared either as they all are open for discussion or at least should be.
Well, I think it makes more sense to discuss something you enjoy rather than something you hate. Anyways, enough of this little debate...

Closed Thread