The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 07-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #276
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

You gotta love on how his iris's appear in a lot of the shots where he's wearing a mask; to the point where it looks like he almost has no eyes to show or that his iris's come off as small speckles..which is a contrast to how the eyes were presented in the masks for the previous batmans.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #277
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

So where in the movie did this shot came from?

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #278
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
So where in the movie did this shot came from?

I think that's when Batman was watching Selina being cornered by Bane's men on top of the roof.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #279
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think that's when Batman was watching Selina being cornered by Bane's men on top of the roof.
It is. You see it for a split second, and I don't think it's this exact shot, either.

He says something like, "they know, they just don't care".

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #280
kvz5
HBIC

Ah... It's probably not the same shot since I can't recall seeing it even if I do remember that scene.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:56 AM   #281
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Yes, that's where it's from. When I saw the film again I was checking to see if the same pose was used and it wasn't.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #282
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I can't stop thinking about the prison sequences and Bruce's arc during that period; man, talking about compelling stuff. I would have never dreamed that I would get a chance to see a live action version of Bruce Wayne go through such a powerful arc like that.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #283
kvz5
HBIC

It hasn't been mentioned much but I LOVE the scene of Batman without the cowl at the Batcave. BOSS.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #284
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
It hasn't been mentioned much but I LOVE the scene of Batman without the cowl at the Batcave. BOSS.
I have commented on this before but indeed, it was a great visual. I also enjoyed seeing The Bat land in the batcave.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:55 AM   #285
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

You know what would have been funny? Seeing Bruce without the cowl using the batman voice.lol

Old 08-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #286
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I think that Bale looked best as Batman in TDKR, I would even say that no other Batman has looked ass good as he did in TDKR.

In this movie I felt like batman stepped out of comic book pages.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #287
elgaz
Side-Kick

Despite the fact that the suit looked pretty much the same as in TDK, Batman definitely looked better this time. I don't know if there were subtle changes, or it was just lighting and camera angles, but he just looked more comfortable and the suit just seemed that bit more impressive.

I also loved how they transitioned from Wayne's look at the start of the film (just before he ends his 8yr hiatus) to the look he has by the end. Bale really does look haggard and frail at the start of the movie.

elgaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #288
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Bale looked a lot bigger here. He made me think of Jim Lee's Batman.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #289
Art Damage
Turtle Power

Christian Bale will forever be MY Batman.

I'm going to miss this series so much.

24 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Art Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #290
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Bale played many versions of Bruce & Batman in trilogy..and did great job.

Young Bruce (BB)
LOS Bruce (BB)
Neutral Bruce (BB & TDK)
Playboy Bruce (BB & TDK)
Darker Bruce (TDK)
Weak Bruce (TDKR)
Cool Bruce (TDKR)

Hopeful Batman (BB)
Darker Batman (TDK)
Weak Batman (TDKR)
Cool Batman (TDKR)

Old 08-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #291
kvz5
HBIC

I like the Bruce that we saw at the masked ball. That's really the only time we saw the real Bruce in public without playing the playboy part.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #292
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

I loved that little thing he did to disrupt those paparazzi cameras.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #293
ALP
In The Mountains

I think that was the same thing he used to turn off the lights on the highway during the Bane chase.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #294
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Bale's Batman by far has the best story of any on-screen superhero.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #295
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Anyone else still get choked up a little when they watch the period where Alfred leaves Bruce up until the point where he comes back inside his now empty house with Miranda?lol

I never thought that I’d ever see a version of Bruce Wayne, that I would actually feel really sorry for. I mean, I felt bad for the character sure when he lost his parents, but not as much until I saw the moments mentioned above. You really got a taste as to how lonely the guy was, not to mention that his entire life was crumbling before him. Alfred left him, he was left broke, he was kicked out of the board meeting, and there was really no one that he could turn to for real emotional support. I think Joker’s line to Gordon on being depressed at how alone he was would be better suited for Bruce at this given time.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #296
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Anyone else still get choked up a little when they watch the period where Alfred leaves Bruce up until the point where he comes back inside his now empty house with Miranda?lol

I never thought that Iíd ever see a version of Bruce Wayne, that I would actually feel really sorry for. I mean, I felt bad for the character sure when he lost his parents, but not as much until I saw the moments mentioned above. You really got a taste as to how lonely the guy was, not to mention that his entire life was crumbling before him. Alfred left him, he was left broke, he was kicked out of the board meeting, and there was really no one that he could turn to for real emotional support. I think Jokerís line to Gordon on being depressed at how alone he was would be better suited for Bruce at this given time.
From buying hotels & swimming with europeans to that. It makes it even worse.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #297
The Batman
The Dark Knight

"I see you haven't lost your sense of humor...even if you have lost most of my money."

This line makes me LOL everytime I see it. Just the way Bale says it.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #298
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Quote:
Very. My favorite line in that scene is when Bruce gets pissed and says "Alfred, ENOUGH."

God, Bale was so good in TDKR. The only lines that made me cringe were "I doubt many people get the better of you", "WHERE IS THE TRIGGER? x10" and "THEY KNOW".

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
EliteF50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #299
kvz5
HBIC

Just read on another forum that Bruce has a scar above his right eyebrow (where Bane cracked the Batman mask) in the last scene with Selina. Did anyone notice that? I didn't.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #300
Greens
Dude

Nope, no scar. He looks good in that scene