The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 08-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #301
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Nope, no scar. He looks good in that scene
He does. He looked years younger and not weathered like how he looked at some of the scenes. The funny thing is Bale did that scene in the middle of the shoot so it's still a wonder how he looked so different there compared to the scenes where he looked weathered.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #302
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
He does. He looked years younger and not weathered like how he looked at some of the scenes. The funny thing is Bale did that scene in the middle of the shoot so it's still a wonder how he looked so different there compared to the scenes where he looked weathered.
He does that.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #303
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Bale's performance here as Batman in this series is nothing but iconic, with this film solidifying this as a fact. I know some people aren't fond of his performance, as well as Nolan's overall reinterpretation of the Batman mythology, but the impact of the trilogy will last for a very long time. There was a lot of imagery and iconography in this film that I'd been waiting to see in a film, including seeing Bruce, maskless, in the cave, and having Bruce go through such a monumental struggle in order to do what he does best: kick some serious ass and save Gotham City. Seeing that finally on-screen, plus many other things, makes this my absolute favorite Batman movie. And, with this one, there really is no question anymore: Bale's the best Batman. I'm almost nervous to see who they end up casting, as they probably won't live up to Bale and his interpretation.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #304
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Anybody else really like the part where the cops emerge from the tunnel after imprisonment and the first thing they see is Batman just standing there? I just like how it kind of comes off as him affirming he's on their side, will be fighting with them, and how it kind of seems like a general reviewing his troops.

godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #305
kvz5
HBIC

I think the rankings are a bit messed up but still a good read:

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/wo...christian-bale

Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #306
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:

I approve overall

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #307
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Good to see his performance as Howl so high up there. An amazing vocal performance right there.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #308
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

So after having seen TDKR to its fullest, I'm just curious:

I've read some claiming that if Bruce had undergone the same trauma that Harvey had gone, physical and emotional, and had been pushed by the Joker to that breaking point that he would have fallen into darkness as well. Would you guys say that's true or false after seeing what Bruce underwent in TDKR?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #309
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

I've read some claiming that if Bruce had undergone the same trauma that Harvey had gone, physical and emotional, and had been pushed by the Joker to that breaking point that he would have fallen into darkness as well. Would you guys say that's true or false after seeing what Bruce underwent in TDKR?
I believe the whole point of the trilogy, or at least TDKR, was to show that he would not. He DID go thru what Harvey Dent did, he did get pushed to the mental breaking point by the Joker/Two-Face and the physical breaking point by Bane. And he did not fall into the darkness, he rose up and become a hero. I think that was, among other things, the point of TDKR.

Last edited by hafizbat; 08-07-2012 at 11:50 PM.
hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #310
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I believe the whole point of the trilogy, or at least TDKR, was to show that he would not. He DID go thru what Harvey Dent did, he did get pushed to the mental breaking point by the Joker/Two-Face and the physical breaking point by Bane. And he did not fall into the darkness, he rose up and become a hero. I think that was, among other things, the point of TDKR.
Nicely put.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #311
mackblack01
Side-Kick

Quote:

Harsh Times is far. He did an hell of a job in this movie.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #312
kvz5
HBIC

Nolan likes it!

Old 08-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #313
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Batman Begins feels like yesterday.. I'm gonna miss these series a lot. I wish i had a taste for new school action movies.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #314
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Yeah I agree with the others and say that it's false. What Bruce went through in TDKR is at around the same vein as what Harvey went through as well (even harder) and he still rose to the occasion. He's been attacked from all angles - physical, emotional, financial, etc. and yet he still managed to grow from all of it instead of letting all of that drag him down.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 PM   #315
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Yeah I agree with the others and say that it's false. What Bruce went through in TDKR is at around the same vein as what Harvey went through as well (even harder) and he still rose to the occasion. He's been attacked from all angles - physical, emotional, financial, etc. and yet he still managed to grow from all of it instead of letting all of that drag him down.
Incidentally, I don't buy the talk involving Batman possibly becoming Bane had Bruce suffered a 'similar' origin. The road for Bruce would've been almost identical to the one he traveled to become Batman.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #316
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

BEGINNING OF B.B: Bruce Wayne is given the means that he'll need in order to forge the pillars of his persona known as Batman by Ra's Al Ghul.

CLIMAX OF B.B.: Bruce fights Ra's to the death on board a train.

BEGINNING OF T.D.K.R.: Bruce spends a intimate night with Talia at Wayne Manor.

CLIMAX OF T.D.K.R.: Bruce ends up shooting bullets at Talia from "The Bat" which ends with her going off course and falling to her death.

*BRUCE'S REACTION TO ALL OF THIS*

Old 08-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #317
kvz5
HBIC

To be fair, both the Al Ghuls volunteered their uh "services" to Bruce. It's not like Bruce asked them for it.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #318
BlackFox
Kuzuri

Quote:

Oh dear god Shaft, I remember seeing that travesty.

HAWKEYE PUNISHER WOLVERINE WAR MACHINE

DREDD
BlackFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #319
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
To be fair, both the Al Ghuls volunteered their uh "services" to Bruce. It's not like Bruce asked them for it.

haha True, but Bruce could have always:

Old 08-15-2012, 12:32 AM   #320
theLegend
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Oh dear god Shaft, I remember seeing that travesty.
I love that movie. The puerto rican villain "Jewelz" ... haha, awesome. And Bale's Walter White is pretty damn intimidating in that movie.

theLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #321
BlackFox
Kuzuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLegend View Post
I love that movie. The puerto rican villain "Jewelz" ... haha, awesome. And Bale's Walter White is pretty damn intimidating in that movie.
Fair enough, every film has at least one fan I guess, it just did not work for me at all.

HAWKEYE PUNISHER WOLVERINE WAR MACHINE

DREDD
BlackFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #322
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Default Do you LIKE or DISLIKE the fact that Nolan's Batman isn't a genius?

Obviously the Batman of the comics is a master of all trades and all that. But Nolan's Wayne is shown to be an ordinary guy who happens to be a pretty good Ninja. Do you like or dislike the ordinary guy factor?

MAKAVELI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #323
Victarion
The Iron Captain

Default Re: Do you LIKE or DISLIKE the fact that Nolan's Batman isn't a genius?

I don't care one way or the other due to the ninja factor. He seemed like a genuis in TDK when he was doing that ballistics testing. In the interest of avoiding repetitiveness, I'd like to see that side of Bruce emphasized in the reboot. Perhaps its a good thing Nolan didn't go too deep into that aspect of Batman.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #324
TheNolan
Newbie First Class

Bruce Wayne, in Nolan's films, isn't an ordinary guy. He's a great ninja. He builds the suit and some of his equipment himself in BB. He obviously knows how to perform detective work- appearing at the Joker crime scene in TDK, and did ballistics testing.

In TDKR, he's analyzing criminal profiles and etc. He's basically a one man police unit.

TheNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #325
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Well to be fair, he doesn't build the suit/s. He just modifies them.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote