The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 08-23-2012, 03:16 AM   #376
theLegend
Banned User

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
I think Bale is the best Batman we've had so far...but he's far from perfect.
He's about as close to it as it gets.

The looks
The chops
The intensity
The obsession
The physical presence

No one else has the all around Bruce / Batman tools Bale presented on screen.

And NONE of them carried the heavy lifting of two films on their acting chops the way Bale did in BEGINS and RISES, yet subtely was the backbone and spring board for an actor to play off ... to give one of the most iconic performances in movie history in Heath's Joker.

theLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:51 AM   #377
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I think Bale's Batman is better than that of Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney and I don't think that it will be easily beaten.

I can't think of any actors who are fan favorites right now to perform better than Bale, it would be hard to top.

If it does happen, the I would be happy to be proven wrong.
I prefer Keaton's Batman, but then, I prefer Bale's Bruce Wayne.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:59 AM   #378
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Who would win in a brawl?! lol

Burton/Keaton's Batman is way too overrated if we are talking realistic or comic booky movie. He was tiny and couldn't fight to save his life.He was great for cartoony/gothic live action Batman which Burton wanted. If he directed Batman in this era, he would probably choose Johnny Depp to play Batman.

I love the actor though.I wish we could see him more in movies.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #379
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Visually Keaton still looked pretty great as Batman.

Both Bale and Keaton are my favorites. Granted Bale had the more meaty material to work with and in ways is the stronger actor but I still think both of their performances are iconic when it comes to representing Batman.

Plus they both looked great.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #380
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baneis8feettall View Post
Burton/Keaton's Batman is way too overrated if we are talking realistic or comic booky movie. He was tiny and couldn't fight to save his life.He was great for cartoony/gothic live action Batman which Burton wanted.
I understand this POV after seeing Bale's Batman in action, but back then, Keaton was still great for what kind of films these were.

IDK, I can't really pinpoint the exact reason why I prefer Keaton's Batman. Maybe it's the fact that he was the first live action Batman I had seen as a young child and he still resonates with me to this day. But I loved his voice, and I loved his demeanor as Batman.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #381
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Both Bale and Keaton are my favorites.
Yep. West, Keaton, Conroy and Bale are first rate in my book.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:23 AM   #382
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

They will both definitely be remembered for a long time to come.

I get annoyed when some people seriously believe Bale's Batman had no iconic images compared to Keaton. Keaton has some great iconic images but I think Bale has plenty as well.

I probably also prefer Bale because he had more to work with and I generally preferred his characterisation compared to Keaton.

Plus I think Keaton looked like a total derp sometimes in the suit Bale did sometimes as well.

CapedCrusader14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #383
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatanna View Post
I understand this POV after seeing Bale's Batman in action, but back then, Keaton was still great for what kind of films these were.

IDK, I can't really pinpoint the exact reason why I prefer Keaton's Batman. Maybe it's the fact that he was the first live action Batman I had seen as a young child and he still resonates with me to this day. But I loved his voice, and I loved his demeanor as Batman.
I love first two Batman movies. I still enjoy Batman,Joker,Catwoman & Penguin a lot. And actors gave great performances under certain direction.They were cartoony movies and not the way i want Batman movies to be. (they were great though)

Old 08-23-2012, 05:45 AM   #384
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Actors fate depends on directors & studios though.Who knows maybe even Clooney could be good Batman and Schwarzenegger could be great villain if they had great vision for the Batman.

I can see there can be better Bruce/Batman if only studio can bring a director who can create better Bruce/Batman in screen. Same goes for Joker,Two-Face,Gordon,Catwoman,Bane etc.

Old 08-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #385
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

I've always felt that Keaton was a good at showing the weird and secluded side of Bruce Wayne but a terrible Batman. Terrible, of course, compared to Bale and animated series. Still, I would prefer him any day to Val Kilmer or George Clooney.
However, there is a scene with his Batman that I cannot stand at all. It is so out of character just to make him look more badass that it does the exact opposite for me - Click click click

Demon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #386
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
I've always felt that Keaton was a good at showing the weird and secluded side of Bruce Wayne but a terrible Batman. Terrible, of course, compared to Bale and animated series. Still, I would prefer him any day to Val Kilmer or George Clooney.
However, there is a scene with his Batman that I cannot stand at all. It is so out of character just to make him look more badass that it does the exact opposite for me - Click click click
Haha.Yeah, killing a thug with a bomb.

This is even worse. He got his *** kicked from a random Joker thugh for a while and he had to cheat to win.. and kills the guy as well. Even Bane couldn't give this much problem to Batman in 2nd fight.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #387
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
I love first two Batman movies. I still enjoy Batman,Joker,Catwoman & Penguin a lot. And actors gave great performances under certain direction.They were cartoony movies and not the way i want Batman movies to be. (they were great though)
Well, I'm just thankful they weren't as corny and cartoony as Batman & Robin.

Oh god. *shudders at the memory* LMAO.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #388
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Quote:
Well, I'm just thankful they weren't as corny and cartoony as Batman & Robin.

Oh god. *shudders at the memory* LMAO.
Burton's movies cartoony but those were good example of that approach.Batman & Robin movie was forced to be toy-ish or something by studio. It's not even cartoony. It was almost cyanide pill for Batman myth.

With that said, I like Batman & Robin more than Batman forever to be honest. B&R is so bad that it's almost like a parody. You can laugh at all if you don't watch it as a Batman movie.. BF is just a bad movie. It's somewhere between Burton & Schumacher's movie.

Getting Nolan & these cast was like hitting a lottery after that movie. But also if B&R wasn't that much failure, studios wouldn't try to take such opposite direction. From most corny approach to most serious approach for a superhero movie. We can be undirectly greateful for Schumacher for it.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:31 AM   #389
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Haha.Yeah, killing a thug with a bomb.

This is even worse. He got his *** kicked from a random Joker thugh for a while and he had to cheat to win.. and kills the guy as well. Even Bane couldn't give this much problem to Batman in 2nd fight.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Yeah, this is just awful. Not to mention that in those movies you don't even know about Batman's reluctance to kill.
However, when I was a kid those movies felt really scary to me. Now they are just entertaining

Demon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #390
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
With that said, I like Batman & Robin more than Batman forever to be honest. B&R is so bad that it's almost like a parody. You can laugh at all if you don't watch it as a Batman movie.. BF is just a bad movie. It's somewhere between Burton & Schumacher's movie.
I don't even remember much of what happens in Batman Forever to be honest. I saw it once, maybe twice. Meh.

I remember some scenes but not the general plot. Forgettable I guess lol.

Last edited by Zatanna; 08-23-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Zatanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #391
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
I personally don't see anyone beating Bale's Bruce Wayne, but his Batman will be beaten.
Any ideas how exactly the new Batman could be superior? I know people have issues with the voice, but I like it and it makes sense. Perhaps physically (build, fights) the next batman could improve, but I think Bale's batman was pretty darn good.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #392
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Quote:
I don't even remember much of what happens in Batman Forever to be honest. I saw it once, maybe twice. Meh.
I seriously think Schumacher was the head of LOS. He tried it with Batman Forever at first and later fullfilled his destiny with more advanced weapon, Batman & Robin.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #393
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I really enjoy the whole sequence of Batman's return near the end of the movie. Using his bat darts with precision to put down goon after goon. Having the makeshift bat emblem lit up. Saving Blake from death by bashing up those goons (that finishing kick!) and using The Bat to blow open the barrier.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #394
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

This is Batman, if anyone can bring such intensity, theatricality then maybe Bale can be topped but I don't think so.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 08-23-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #395
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I don't think Audiences had ever seen a live action version of Batman go through so many trials and stages in his life, let alone being presented during his most vulnerable moments as the version that we got with Bale and his performance.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #396
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

Bale's Batman/Wayne had far more depth than any other one so far but that is probably more down to the writing, he just did a great job of using what he was given of course as well!

Bit of a risk to take it on in the first place due some redicule of the previous Batman films, but I guess he knew from the script it was going to be a bit different.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #397
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

A risk that paid off big time.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 08-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #398
kvz5
HBIC
SHH! Moderator

Maybe it's because I was too young to remember and enjoy them but none of the pre-Nolan Batman films did anything for me. I've re-watched it when I was older obviously and for some reason they still felt very outdated for me. Catwoman was the only thing I liked in Burton's and she's not even close to the Catwoman in the comics. I did like Kilmer's Bruce Wayne though.

So yeah... it's Bale all the way for both Bruce and Batman for me. It helps too that Bale is one of my favorite actors.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #399
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah. I mean when it's all said and done and the dust clears the "definitive" Batman movies are BB, TDK & TDKR for me.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #400
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I love the rage Bale gave the character. I remember sitting up and taking notice during the Flass interrogation the first time. I personally had not seen Batman so wild and intense as that before at that stage. It really conveyed to me that Batman is so close from being, or feeling like, a bad guy at times, which is cool. And then we have him yelling at Heath's Joker, dropping Maroni from that height and yelling at Bane. Bale's Batman is a beast.