The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 11-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #726
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

DAT CAPE!

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #727
JackWhite
Third Man

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
DAT CAPE!

Loved the swagger Batman exuded walking alongside the slinky and seductive Catwoman. Beautiful scene.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #728
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Those legs.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar
The Intern - Judy Garland biopic

Last edited by AnneFan; 11-28-2012 at 05:28 AM.
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #729
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
DAT CAPE!

Is there a bigger version of this? Might be the best still photo from the series for me.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #730
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
DAT CAPE!

Looks like he could wrap her up in it.

I certainly wouldn't say no. DAT CAPE!

Old 11-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #731
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

Not bad, I still think the cape had the best shots in BB, by far.

"Eh ohs, I put on a smiley face mask and stuff. That ways, I can see faces"

-Robin John Blake
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #732
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Not bad, I still think the cape had the best shots in BB, by far.
That's probably true, but there was some great imagery in Rises as well. The shot of Batman perched up above Catwoman before he jumps down and fights with her is one of the best Batman shots in the series. I wish I could post it.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Happy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #733
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Is there a bigger version of this? Might be the best still photo from the series for me.
Here you go (click for bigger image):

Here's another cool one:

There's a ton of other great Batman pics but they came from the Blu Ray stills so we have to wait until the 4th before we can post them.

Old 11-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #734
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here you go (click for bigger image):

This might be the coolest shot of Batman I've EVER seen, live action or animation

MAKAVELI25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #735
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Bale looks SO much more badass when he keeps his mouth closed :|

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 AM   #736
Narsil
Church of the Subgenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Bale looks SO much more badass when he keeps his mouth closed :|
This

Narsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #737
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

I've read a few people post on how they believe that another reason why he chose to leave the mantle to Blake is that he felt that Blake would provide to be a better Batman that Gotham would need in the long run due to not being as emotionally scarred as Bruce was; let alone, not being motivated by anger. What do you guys think about that theory/assumption?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #738
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I've read a few people post on how they believe that another reason why he chose to leave the mantle to Blake is that he felt that Blake would provide to be a better Batman that Gotham would need in the long run due to not being as emotionally scarred as Bruce was; let alone, not being motivated by anger. What do you guys think about that theory/assumption?
That's what I always figured, actually. Blake would not have compromised his morals as much as Bruce, like with the cell phone sonar or the Dent lie.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #739
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Quote:
I think that would be more of a benefit than a hinderance.

"Batman: Promises"

"Harley Quinn: Ridiculous Thoughts"
"La Broma Mortal"
BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #740
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
That's what I always figured, actually. Blake would not have compromised his morals as much as Bruce, like with the cell phone sonar or the Dent lie.
Yes, I think that was very much his intention. Bruce was so blindly going after his goal that he compromised his values in exchange for what seemed like the perfect opportunity to enact an effective judicial law. This sham eats away at them, but it isn't until Bane forces it out in the open that they truly face the repercussions, mentally, and truly realize it was not a real victory, that the change had to happen from the heart of the people not through a harsh police-state mentality. Blake really embodies this idea in a way that Bruce never did early on in his quest, and I think Bruce really believed this inherent lack of anger in his search for justice would be a major advantage for the people.

Last edited by TheBat812; 11-29-2012 at 02:09 PM.
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #741
kvz5
HBIC

Cut scene?

Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #742
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

^^ That pic appears on The Gotham Times when Fox handed the newspaper to Bruce at Wayne Manor.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #743
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Old 11-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #744
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Quote:
It's hardly a new idea. Pretty much ever since Robin was invented there has been this thought about him ultimately being the better man, that Bruce would give his young ally the upbringing that he never had and when he eventually gives away the keys the proverbial castle and steps down (through death or otherwise) it will all be in better hands.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Happy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #745
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
It's hardly a new idea. Pretty much ever since Robin was invented there has been this thought about him ultimately being the better man, that Bruce would give his young ally the upbringing that he never had and when he eventually gives away the keys the proverbial castle and steps down (through death or otherwise) it will all be in better hands.
I wish I had gotten that sooner since up until now, I've never thought about that notion.lol

I was always blindsided by the notions that Robin was originally created in order to appeal to the younger demographics back in the day that I never saw that potential that Robin could be the better man when the time came for succession.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #746
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
Loved the swagger Batman exuded walking alongside the slinky and seductive Catwoman. Beautiful scene.
I loved it when Batman checked out Catwoman's ass

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #747
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Probably a definitive 'No' answer, but do you think Bruce had compromised his morals so much is because of being strayed away for a moment of time with the League and Ra's al Ghul? I mean, Bruce is keen on not killing, BUT, being trained under Ra's(or who he thought was Henri Ducard), could have compromised on how far he'd take things such as taking the blame of Dent's crime or creating the sonar....something we already saw with Blake that definitely had these morals already that could be more outstanding than Bruce.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #748
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I woulda checked out dat ass and I'm a straight chick.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #749
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
^^ That pic appears on The Gotham Times when Fox handed the newspaper to Bruce at Wayne Manor.
Ah, you're right. I wonder if they just took that specifically for the pic or if they filmed something. What he's wearing looks like what he wore when he visited Fox.

Quote:
But didn't Blake say that he's angry in his bones as well or something like that? He shares that commonality with Bruce. Of course, he's not as scarred as Bruce but he's not the happiest person in the world as well. I'm not fond of that interpretation but I can definitely see why most would interpret that he would be a better Batman considering that Nolan pretty much created Blake as an answer to Bruce and Gordon's flaws *cough*GaryStu*cough*. Personally, I don't think we can definitely say that he'll have a much better moral stand than Bruce because he hasn't been through what Bruce went through yet. Maybe he will go through the same suffering. Or maybe not. What if he falls in love with someone and that someone ends up dying because of his war on crime? How will he deal with it? Maybe he can take it better than Bruce but maybe not as well. JMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
And he actually did it twice!

I didn't realize until recently that he did it first when they met at the sewers. Oh Batman.

Last edited by kvz5; 11-30-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #750
kvz5
HBIC

double