Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Old 09-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #476
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Default Re: Webbing formula - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pllagunos View Post
hey but magnesium is not cheap
If you find an OK chemical supply store around you, then it will not be as expensive as if you buy it online.
Pllagunos, you're going to have to take down 5 of the photos of your spinneret that you put up on realwebtech. You posted the same thing 6 times, all in different albums. Delete 5 of them, they are SPAMming up the site.

Wadaltmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #477
pllagunos
SPIDER

I can't enter

pllagunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #478
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
I can't enter
What do you mean? You posted them before... just sign back in and delete them.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #479
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

I have a question about the graphene and magnesium. Once I make it into graphene, then what? Do I just drop it into the rest of the formula?

MarvelFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #480
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelFan View Post
I have a question about the graphene and magnesium. Once I make it into graphene, then what? Do I just drop it into the rest of the formula?
Look at Widow's microbungee (it is called that, right?) formula. Graphene is the strong material, like PVA would be. It's just that Widow gave up on graphene because he didn't want to make it, and not get very much from it.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #481
pllagunos
SPIDER

hey how I erase the albums

Old 09-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #482
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

Whenever I thought of the scotch tape and pencil lead trick to make graphene, I would thing of dissolving the scotch tape with graphene on it in whatever solvent it dissolves in, so it would be like a liquid. But I don't think it would work, because I wouldn't work unless you take multiple pieces of scotch tape with graphene and dissolve them. And I don't know if scotch tape dissolves in something like acetone.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #483
pllagunos
SPIDER

someone know how to erase albums?????

Old 09-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #484
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

I don't know, I haven't posted any pics yet on realwebtech.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #485
pllagunos
SPIDER

and can someone tell me a free good program for designs.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #486
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
hey how I erase the albums
Just delete all the pictures in it.

Old 09-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #487
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines

Quote:
and can someone tell me a free good program for designs.
Alibre is good, but a bit difficult to use and it is only a free trial!

spideyfan1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #488
JMA610
Advanced Webslinger

I really wish I was on here recently to see White Widow off. I apologize for yet another prolonged absence as school has been busy these past few weeks. But from what I have read we are left with more than enough information. I am in an advanced chemistry class right now so as my knowledge on the subject grows I will put it to good use on here. Also I do have a shooter design that is a modified version of my original. If anyone wants specifics, pm me and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible, but it is basically a PVC tube with threaded endcaps, a tire valve for pressure, and a pull-activated release valve that can be outfitted with a spinneret. It sounds primitive compared to some other, more complex designs, but a test I did last year proved that it is capable of being pressurized and releasing said pressure with the contents of the tube. If I can get an accurate blueprint of each individual piece to show you guys. We just need to find a formula that works the best, eliminate the ones that fit the least amount of our needs, and move on with it. As scientists we have to choose the answer with the most fitting variables to the problem, and we owe it to white widow to finish what he started. So I will come on every day if possible to help with anything I can. Good to be back working with all the old timers, and I look forward to working with those of you with which I have not already.

JMA610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #489
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Welcome back my accomplished friend! I am also in AP Chemistry, so this should be a pretty good team up! Good to work with you again.
Do you happen to have pictures of your pressure vessel and trigger/actuator? That would be incredible to see!
Once again, welcome back! I look forward to working with you in the future!

Old 09-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #490
JMA610
Advanced Webslinger

Tomorrow I will post a full explanation of my shooter and I would assume pictures would follow given that I can remember to scan them to my computer. And I am actually in honors chemistry, it is the precursor to AP chem. that sophmores take at my school. Next year I will have AP, but I expect that I will be helpful and perhaps you can help me with more advanced things in the subject. But if you want to get an idea of how the spinneret will work, look at a coffee maker, and look at how the coffee is dispensed into the pot. The pot pushes up on what I based my spinneret on, and when it is pushed up a space is opened to allow a flow of liquid through a single hole at the tip. It is relatively simple, which I think will make for a better, easily repairable shooter.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #491
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

That's seems like a pretty cool design! Can't wait to hear about it. Hello, and welcome back. I've read great things about you in the previous threads.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #492
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

Hey guys, so I'm not gonna be on here as often as I use to, because I need to focus more on my grades, I'm making a power rangers samurai suit for Halloween, and I need to get back into shape. I'll still be replying and checking on this thread, just not as usual.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #493
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA610 View Post
I really wish I was on here recently to see White Widow off. I apologize for yet another prolonged absence as school has been busy these past few weeks. But from what I have read we are left with more than enough information. I am in an advanced chemistry class right now so as my knowledge on the subject grows I will put it to good use on here. Also I do have a shooter design that is a modified version of my original. If anyone wants specifics, pm me and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible, but it is basically a PVC tube with threaded endcaps, a tire valve for pressure, and a pull-activated release valve that can be outfitted with a spinneret. It sounds primitive compared to some other, more complex designs, but a test I did last year proved that it is capable of being pressurized and releasing said pressure with the contents of the tube. If I can get an accurate blueprint of each individual piece to show you guys. We just need to find a formula that works the best, eliminate the ones that fit the least amount of our needs, and move on with it. As scientists we have to choose the answer with the most fitting variables to the problem, and we owe it to white widow to finish what he started. So I will come on every day if possible to help with anything I can. Good to be back working with all the old timers, and I look forward to working with those of you with which I have not already.
Holy crap! JMA610, your back!
I've been waiting for you to return!
I'm new on the forums and I usually hang out on the shop class!
Hope to see you there!:-D

Old 09-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #494
JMA610
Advanced Webslinger

Tomorrow for sure a list of the parts for now and by friday a sketch of my design.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #495
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Can you take pictures of the prototype, JM? I.E. Do you have a camera?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #496
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines

Okay guys, I made some tests today! I added cyanocrylate to balsa wood and to paper, what happend was that the wood and paper got really hard and it soaked in the cyanocrylate in a matter of seconds! (1-2 seconds)! If we use cellulose witch both wood and paper contains it might make the fluid, when acetone is removed, soak up some cyanocrylate and make the fibers extremely hard and together with a elastomer it might be very hard and yet be able to stretch a good amour of distance!
Hope it might help!
P.s I think this works with al fibers because fiberglass and carbon fibers can take up different glues!:-)

Old 10-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #497
spideyfan1995
SPIDER and machines

The wood and paper also got fairly hot, like 40 Celsius, that might help the acetone to be evaporated faster!

Old 10-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #498
Milesmorales9
Pyromaniac

Hi! I haven't been on the forums for quite some time. Could you tell me what you are working on? I am thinking acetone, contact cement, superglue to make the sides hard and tacky after like 7 seconds so it doesn't stick to my hand, and a strengthener.

Milesmorales9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #499
Milesmorales9
Pyromaniac

If you wanted a full set, you could make gloves that use some kind of adhesive and climb walls with them.
Also, this has nothing to do with this forum, but Peter's aunts family name was Reilly! Peters had a clone called Ben Reilly!

"With great power comes great responsibility" Ben Parker

Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #500
Milesmorales9
Pyromaniac

Hey, I was just thinking, instead of making a shooter, could you just get a empty aerosol bottle puncture it, fill it up with fluid, pressurize it with a pump, then seal it with duct tape?