The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #76
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
FilmNerdJamie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Between the Moon, New York City & your sister
Posts: 8,211
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
What's the word now?

Last I heard, Gill said Nolan and executives were pleased with the first cut of the film.
Yet to hear a bad word myself.

But that doesn't make Slashfilm any more right or wrong. People talk... and the talk can vary. They heard not-so-hot gossip and reported such. Besides their blatant back-peddling after the fact (and ******** "Oh we didn't realize this would get SUCH a reaction!" response), failing to see the problem.

__________________
FilmNerdJamie is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #77
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,320
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

If my calculations is correct, I think Snyder and co. should have a more substantial cut of the film to show (with some scored music and a large amount of the effects done) by December of this year for those oh so special audiences to see.

In any case, I hope this Saturday quenches our appetite for some newsworthy substantial need of credible info regarding the film.lol

herolee10 is online now  
Old 07-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #78
X Knight
Straight Edge
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,847
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

so......2 more photos from Pacific Rim have been released ( as reported on the Hype homepage ).

d*****!! how come we don't get anything MOS related!!

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #79
mclay18
Sexed-up archery
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,071
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If my calculations is correct, I think Snyder and co. should have a more substantial cut of the film to show (with some scored music and a large amount of the effects done) by December of this year for those oh so special audiences to see.
The film will be done by the end of the year. Minor reshoots aside, WB will likely have the MPAA rating out by January or February 2013. After the film is in the can, all that's left is the 3D conversion.

__________________
Think McFly Think


"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #80
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,860
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
so......2 more photos from Pacific Rim have been released ( as reported on the Hype homepage ).

d*****!! how come we don't get anything MOS related!!
Only one new photo. The other one's been around for a while.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 01:36 AM   #81
Heyparker
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 60
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Just curious because I never read that particular forum at the time. What was the INITIAL general reaction/reviews from fans here on the forum when Superman Returns came out? Were most fans satisfied or happy at the beginning then turned on the film as the box office disappointed a bit? Or was the reaction lukewarm from the start? Or most fans here enjoy the film then AND now?

Heyparker is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #82
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,320
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyparker View Post
Just curious because I never read that particular forum at the time. What was the INITIAL general reaction/reviews from fans here on the forum when Superman Returns came out? Were most fans satisfied or happy at the beginning then turned on the film as the box office disappointed a bit? Or was the reaction lukewarm from the start? Or most fans here enjoy the film then AND now?
I remember that film receiving a very mixed response from a lot of the fandom back when I was lurking around here and other superman related boards.

Though personally, when I look it at another angle, I think SR having been created in the first place was potentially a good thing for the fans in the long run, especially if MOS turns out to be a success. Why?

1. It's because Singer took over the SR film and went with his concept that allowed "Smallville" the television series to use Lois Lane's character, who had been previously considered as off limits to the show before then.

2. It's also because of SR that we (the fans) even got a chance to see an version of Donner's intended cut of SII since SR made Warner Bros. get into contact with Marlon Brando's estate and work out a deal that allowed them to use all of his footage recorded during the time when he was involved with the franchise.

3. Like Cavil had worded it, Cavil is most likely a better actor than he was in 2005-06 compared to now, and from what I've read, he was in the lead of getting the role before Routh had gotten it. Since then, Cavil has been able to hone his craft and gain more films under his belt before taking on the role of Superman officially.

4. Whether SR had been successful or not or another film franchise had been in existence had SR not been made, we wouldn't have gotten the level of talent involved with the franchise that we have today: (Nolan as Producer, Goyer and J Nolan as writers, Snyder as Director, the entire confirmed cast, the story line, etc.)

5. SR imho was the perfect closure to the Chris Reeve Era of Superman films (marked off with the conclusion of Smallville the Series), so it was the final goodbye to the version of the character that used John Williams' theme and that wore the red underpants.lol

herolee10 is online now  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 AM   #83
matrix_ghost
milfhunter
 
matrix_ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: At Tarantino's grave...Where he belongs
Posts: 5,363
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
And that's why I don't think Goyer should be left alone with Snyder when spearheading this project. If anything, they should have someone creative to have some input in guiding the franchise in the right direction at least.

That's always been the thing with Goyer is that imho, he's good only when he has someone monitoring his actions, like Nolan for example.
Goyer seems to be the type of person who can come up with a good story but needs to work with someone in order to work out to ideas.
With TDK and TDKR i believe he and Chris talked about ideas which were then written by Jonah.

THis isn't something unusual.
Steven Spielberg and George Lucas have had similar things with the Indy franchise. They are the ones coming up with ideas and the script writer tries to work them into a script.

__________________

Rambo is better then viagra. Heck it should be mandatory viewing for us males before we bang our women
matrix_ghost is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:10 AM   #84
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,320
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_ghost View Post
Goyer seems to be the type of person who can come up with a good story but needs to work with someone in order to work out to ideas.
With TDK and TDKR i believe he and Chris talked about ideas which were then written by Jonah.

THis isn't something unusual.
Steven Spielberg and George Lucas have had similar things with the Indy franchise. They are the ones coming up with ideas and the script writer tries to work them into a script.
I can only imagine on how poorer in quality the Indiana Jones Franchise would have been if Steven didn't have a say as to how the stories would go due to George Lucas's inability to write a cohesive script/story on his own apparently (as evidenced by the last 4 Start Wars Films).

herolee10 is online now  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #85
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,853
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Goyer's a fine "story" man, but I think he's a terrible screenwriter. His dialogue and character work is just so cringe-worthy to me. Someone here (I think) once said, "he's good when he's re-written," and I think that sums it up well. But we did hear that he got re-written on this one (by Jonah, right?), so I'm feeling ok about this script at the moment.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #86
Heyparker
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 60
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I remember that film receiving a very mixed response from a lot of the fandom back when I was lurking around here and other superman related boards.

Though personally, when I look it at another angle, I think SR having been created in the first place was potentially a good thing for the fans in the long run, especially if MOS turns out to be a success. Why?

1. It's because Singer took over the SR film and went with his concept that allowed "Smallville" the television series to use Lois Lane's character, who had been previously considered as off limits to the show before then.

2. It's also because of SR that we (the fans) even got a chance to see an version of Donner's intended cut of SII since SR made Warner Bros. get into contact with Marlon Brando's estate and work out a deal that allowed them to use all of his footage recorded during the time when he was involved with the franchise.

3. Like Cavil had worded it, Cavil is most likely a better actor than he was in 2005-06 compared to now, and from what I've read, he was in the lead of getting the role before Routh had gotten it. Since then, Cavil has been able to hone his craft and gain more films under his belt before taking on the role of Superman officially.

4. Whether SR had been successful or not or another film franchise had been in existence had SR not been made, we wouldn't have gotten the level of talent involved with the franchise that we have today: (Nolan as Producer, Goyer and J Nolan as writers, Snyder as Director, the entire confirmed cast, the story line, etc.)

5. SR imho was the perfect closure to the Chris Reeve Era of Superman films (marked off with the conclusion of Smallville the Series), so it was the final goodbye to the version of the character that used John Williams' theme and that wore the red underpants.lol
Thanks a lot. Looking forward to seeing the trailer. Personally I liked SR but had the same complaints I'm sure most have explained a million times.
Cast for MOS seems top notch. How could you go wrong with Nolan being involved in ANY capacity.

Heyparker is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #87
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,100
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I remember that film receiving a very mixed response from a lot of the fandom back when I was lurking around here and other superman related boards.

Though personally, when I look it at another angle, I think SR having been created in the first place was potentially a good thing for the fans in the long run, especially if MOS turns out to be a success. Why?

1. It's because Singer took over the SR film and went with his concept that allowed "Smallville" the television series to use Lois Lane's character, who had been previously considered as off limits to the show before then.

2. It's also because of SR that we (the fans) even got a chance to see an version of Donner's intended cut of SII since SR made Warner Bros. get into contact with Marlon Brando's estate and work out a deal that allowed them to use all of his footage recorded during the time when he was involved with the franchise.

3. Like Cavil had worded it, Cavil is most likely a better actor than he was in 2005-06 compared to now, and from what I've read, he was in the lead of getting the role before Routh had gotten it. Since then, Cavil has been able to hone his craft and gain more films under his belt before taking on the role of Superman officially.

4. Whether SR had been successful or not or another film franchise had been in existence had SR not been made, we wouldn't have gotten the level of talent involved with the franchise that we have today: (Nolan as Producer, Goyer and J Nolan as writers, Snyder as Director, the entire confirmed cast, the story line, etc.)

5. SR imho was the perfect closure to the Chris Reeve Era of Superman films (marked off with the conclusion of Smallville the Series), so it was the final goodbye to the version of the character that used John Williams' theme and that wore the red underpants.lol
This.

__________________

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:40 AM   #88
sethypants
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Should I be worried? I mean gosh, we're hearing all these rumors left and right. One minute Nolans is involved, next minute he is not. Jeff Robinov claims
Quote:
"My hope is that over the next month or so," he said, "we’ll be ready to lay out the plan for the next DC movies."
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,4654712.story

But somehow I can't help but worry. I cant help worrying if WB is going to pull this off. I just don't want to watch Superman and Batman films for the rest of my life. I hope this really works out. Nevermind who the director or producer is. They will work something out. But just give us something, an indication that things are on the right track. I believe the response for Man of Steel trailer and Dark Knight Rises numbers would be detrimental in deciding DC film's future. I really really hope everything works out and we can get to know just what the hell is going on.

sethypants is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 04:45 AM   #89
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick
 
Dr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,751
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Passing on JL (or other DC films) doesn’t equate to Nolan leaving WB. Given Nolan’s status, I highly doubt that the JL offer was framed as a “take it or pack your bags” ultimatum.

Dr. is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #90
sethypants
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

I suppose so. Besides, Nolans has a strict take on Superhero films and it seems like he actually like producing regular films which WB gives him the resources to do so.
So far Disney's live action films outside of marvel have been epic fails. I think they only released 2 live action this year? So its unlikely Nolans would jump ship anytime soon. He is probably going to do a few more prestige/inception type movies after MOS.

sethypants is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 AM   #91
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethypants View Post

Ouch...


This was the one thing I was hoping I was wrong about and I'm disappointed that I was right.

WB/DC has lost the one thing they had going for them..

They're in a really bad position now.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I am sure all they want is Justice League at this point, but I think they are just too damn late.

Nolan doesn't want anything to do with it. Sounds like Bale doesn't either, although they will throw a boat load of money to try and get him. So then what? Cavill and a new Batman? With a new Green Lantern? It's not like they are afraid to have multiple actors playing the same character, but then what? Two actors playing Superman? It's a cluster.
Indeed.

It's a big mess.


But it's very likely they'll push Cavill into Justice League now, now that Chris Nolan is gone and there's nothing to stop them.

I wonder if that could screw up the MoS franchise.


Last edited by Rockstar; 07-11-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #92
sethypants
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Sure Nolans isn't involved in Justice League. I don't think its as bad you make it to be, they are not losing Nolans wholly. He'll still do other stuff in DC, just not Justice League. Its not the end, they can still bring someone else on. But we may not be getting the film as soon as we thought.

sethypants is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #93
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,320
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Even if Chris Nolan were on board; Warner Bros. would still be missing the one Key element that's needed in order to even allow the possibility of all of this working: Time.

If expectations are met or surpassed when TDKR comes out, does Warner Bros. really think that the audience and fans will be entirely ready to accept a new version of Batman just 3 years later? Look at how TASM has gotten a lot of flack for even being a reboot despite the fact that it's been 5 years since the last Spider-Man film, and 10 years since the origin one.

Not to mention, with The Avengers picking up steam, there's a strong chance that the JLA film would get potential negative remarks on trying to copy The Avengers and that the film itself is the WB's poor man's attempt to ride the cash cow that came with The Avengers.

Warner Bros. imho is is NO POSITION whatsoever to even think about releasing a successful and serious JLA film within the next 5 years AT LEAST..heck, if I had my way, they'd wait 8-10 years, with each year having been used for careful planning, before releasing a JLA film.

Like someone else had said earlier, Warner Bros. missed the boat. It's too late to catch up right now.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:26 AM   #94
Boosted
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 307
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I believe the issues Nolan has is with Jeff Robinov himself, that is the buzz at least, that is going to be hard to get over.
oooo how so?

Boosted is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #95
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Can someone give me a refresh about this rumor on Nolan and WB?

I find it hard to believe that WB would let that man walk off that lot, even if he didn't want to do their comic book properties.

Are they nuts?

 
Old 07-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #96
sethypants
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Even if Chris Nolan were on board; Warner Bros. would still be missing the one Key element that's needed in order to even allow the possibility of all of this working: Time.

If expectations are met or surpassed when TDKR comes out, does Warner Bros. really think that the audience and fans will be entirely ready to accept a new version of Batman just 3 years later? Look at how TASM has gotten a lot of flack for even being a reboot despite the fact that it's been 5 years since the last Spider-Man film, and 10 years since the origin one.

Not to mention, with The Avengers picking up steam, there's a strong chance that the JLA film would get potential negative remarks on trying to copy The Avengers and that the film itself is the WB's poor man's attempt to ride the cash cow that came with The Avengers.

Warner Bros. imho is is NO POSITION whatsoever to even think about releasing a successful and serious JLA film within the next 5 years AT LEAST..heck, if I had my way, they'd wait 8-10 years, with each year having been used for careful planning, before releasing a JLA film.

Like someone else had said earlier, Warner Bros. missed the boat. It's too late to catch up right now.
Are you saying they need individual movies to lead in to Justice League? Because I don't think thats necessary. A change in the tone of the movie could well be used to differentiate itself from Avengers.
Besides, why 8-10 years if not for the lead in?
Also I doubt people have much concern who is playing Batman. Considering the fact that over 5 actor has played Batman in recent years and most of the flack ASM got was because the origin was kinda told just recently. Justice League just stars Batman, its not an origin movie.

sethypants is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #97
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite
 
G.Godfrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,086
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

It's a shame that the tweet got removed. It would be nice if it spread around the news sites, to see if WB would have responded or perhaps did something for damage control.

Regardless, I don't know what the guy meant with his tweet. Nolan said his main priority was to shepard Goyer's script. So I would think they would have a good script by the time Snyder started shooting. Snyder is a great director, strictly in terms of shooting (not a very good filmmaker on the whole) so with a good script I can't see what he could do to really mess up. And the cast is so good I wouldn't think there's a problem with performances. So if it's the editing, well, the movie is still 11 months away! First cut of Star Wars was also terrible...

But with the lack of any news and WB keeping so quiet on this as opposed to some other films, I have to wonder, if maybe they have no clue on how to market this thing. In either way, comic-con should provide some answers. If there isn't a few minutes of footage that get's a great reception, I will think WB isn't too confident in their product.

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #98
sethypants
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Can someone give me a refresh about this rumor on Nolan and WB?

I find it hard to believe that WB would let that man walk off that lot, even if he didn't want to do their comic book properties.

Are they nuts?
Its just fan speculation. Nolans only said he doesnt want to do another batman or justice league film. Nothing about leaving WB. Rockstar started the rumor.

sethypants is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #99
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethypants View Post
Sure Nolans isn't involved in Justice League. I don't think its as bad you make it to be, they are not losing Nolans wholly. He'll still do other stuff in DC, just not Justice League. Its not the end, they can still bring someone else on. But we may not be getting the film as soon as we thought.

Well no. The article confirms he won't.

Robinov wanted Nolan in a producer position for all the upcoming DC flicks, including the Batman reboot as well.

Nolan has declined.

Rockstar is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #100
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 11

jamie saying early draft were'nt great does'nt surprise me was'nt there rumors that snyder did'nt even like it early on

Project862006 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.