The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #276
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Winter Soldier and Ant Man are the ones I'm most excited about.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #277
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

For me:

Guardians of the Galaxy > Captain America > Iron Man> Thor

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Ant-Man

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
Old 07-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #278
Victarion
Cut

I'm very interested in IM3 for Black's take on the Mandarin. I've never seen any of Shane Black's films, but people said he puts together great action sequences.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #279
Chewy
REDACTED

Go watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang this instant

Old 07-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #280
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
For me:

Guardians of the Galaxy > Captain America > Iron Man> Thor

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> Ant-Man
For me Edgar Wright >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
that entire statement

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 07-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #281
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
For me Edgar Wright >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
that entire statement
If Edgar Wright said "I've dropped this loopy idea of a 70 year old hank pym, and a young scott lang, and decided to just use Hank" I'd be way more excited.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #282
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Phase II is going to rock

Old 07-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #283
Jarael

Quote:
If Edgar Wright said "I've dropped this loopy idea of a 70 year old hank pym, and a young scott lang, and decided to just use Hank" I'd be way more excited.
Amen to that. The MCU needs Hank. It needs Jan. It needs both of them in future Avengers sequels. The MCU needs Ultron.

And if that's not enough convincing: Hank Pym is a complex character who can show what it means to doubt oneself, screw up, and rise above. He is a reluctant hero. And he can SCIENCE! it up with Banner and Stark. What does Scott Lang have? What's his appeal? He is a single father superhero. That's it. Outside from that angle, he's boring.

Pym has way more potential, and NEEDS to be Ant-Man in the film.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #284
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarael View Post
Amen to that. The MCU needs Hank. It needs Jan. It needs both of them in future Avengers sequels. The MCU needs Ultron.

And if that's not enough convincing: Hank Pym is a complex character who can show what it means to doubt oneself, screw up, and rise above. He is a reluctant hero. And he can SCIENCE! it up with Banner and Stark. What does Scott Lang have? What's his appeal? He is a single father superhero. That's it. Outside from that angle, he's boring.

Pym has way more potential, and NEEDS to be Ant-Man in the film.
I like the Scott Lang story, but it should be a sequel movie, not the kick off.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #285
Neo_3
Side-Kick

There is an article on the site that will not be named. When I go to an article or click next to user picks it goes blank. Quesada talks Phase 2 can someone summarize what he says? There is also a FC2 article I can't get to.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #286
marcvader
Lurker #1

1. Cap 2
2. Ant-Man
3. Thor 2
4. Iron Man 3
5. GotG

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:50 AM   #287
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_3 View Post
There is an article on the site that will not be named. When I go to an article or click next to user picks it goes blank. Quesada talks Phase 2 can someone summarize what he says? There is also a FC2 article I can't get to.
He says: a whole lotta nothing.

Here's the quotes that were clipped on CBM (their link to SFX.com is a generic, and I can't find the Joe Q article there anywhere):

Quote:
In their latest magazine issue, SFX caught up with Marvel Comics’ Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada to discuss the road to Marvel's growing cinematic universe. Specifically teasing Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier leading up to the inevitable sequel to The Avengers, Quesada offers:

"It’s going to be really interesting to see what happens next," teases Quesada. "But personally I think that The Avengers now enhances the solo movies because it was so successful. Everyone has their favourite moment or character and now it’s like ’we’ve seen what you’ve got so show us some more.’"

With Iron Man 3 kicking off "phase 2" of Marvel's Cinematic Universe, Quesada promised that the Shane Black-directed film will be an improvement from 2010's Iron Man 2. "It’s going to have some amazing surprises," he teases. "I don’t think people have any idea what it’s going to be like but it’s a wonderful take on what the third Iron Man movie should be. We have a really unique perspective on it and we’re pretty happy with how it’s shaping up. [Robert Downey Jr.] has really taken the character to some new and interesting places."

In regards to the sequels that follow - Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Quesada couldn't offer much. "The goal is to mine different territory to what we have already," he says. "We’ve been very lucky and fortunate to [also] have these characters enhanced by the performances of these actors."

Considering this interview was conducted before San Diego Comic-Con, Quesada was mum on the fact that Guardians of the Galaxy was Marvel's second 2014 film. In regards to how that iswas determined, "There’s a whole library of Marvel characters that could benefit from these treatments," he says. "What happens is that when one breaks out and is a success, it makes you think that if that character worked then maybe these two or three others that we never thought about before might also work. But we have to be really judicious about how we do these films because you don’t want to become your own worst enemy by over-saturating and flooding the market with this stuff."

Concluding, Quesada adds that "So much of what we do is part of a big collaborative process at Marvel. So we’re going to stick to our guns and continue doing the things that we want to do in the way that we want to do them. I know that it’s tough as a fan because fans are impatient, they want to see their favourite character up there but at the end of the day the worst thing that we could do is rush a character to the screen and have it fail because then you don’t see them again for decades. That’s why we’re so strategic about this stuff, because we don’t want to hurt any characters or the Marvel brand by rushing out product."

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #288
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

The Avengers films don't need Hank. He can still build Ultron as an old man and come out of retirement, and the MCU has built Thanos as the main threat coming. Ultron wouldn't come around for a long time. Might as well use one of Ant-Man's best stories in order to kick of a series based on him.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:31 AM   #289
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Honestly I don't think we'll see Thanos till the third movie. Joss said he'd like avengers to be smaller and more personal, the only way I see that is if we get ultron in TA2.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #290
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Honestly I don't think we'll see Thanos till the third movie. Joss said he'd like avengers to be smaller and more personal, the only way I see that is if we get ultron in TA2.
Me too

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 07-28-2012, 08:00 AM   #291
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
That'd be incredibly stupid...so they'd make a GoTG movie for what? For us to wait 4-5 years to see Thanos again?

Besides, Whedon also said his favorite Avengers story ever is Avengers Annual #7, with Thanos vs. The Avengers and Adam Warlock. This is being replicated to some degree in the current Avengers Assemble comic book, with Thanos facing off against the Avengers and GoTG.

Feige also implied that Civil War may happen in Avengers 3. I think we already know our Avengers trilogy.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #292
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Who says it'd be that long a wait? He could be a background villain in Avengers 2, or make other smaller appearances before being the full-on villain in Avengers 3. Not being the main villain until then doesn't mean he'll suddenly fall off the face of the Earth.

Did Feige really imply that Civil War would be Avengers 3? Because I doubt that'll ever happen on film.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #293
Lord
All Mighty

Civil War? There aren't even any heroes with secret identities unless SONY agreed to tie their Spider-Man movies with the MCU, i liked the storyline, but i doubt that would be possible during the next 10 years.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #294
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Iron Man being the most popular MCU character, they're not going to make him effectively the bad guy in a Civil War storyline. The audience will side with him and think Cap is a self-righteous boy scout. Also, the Avengers don't have enough of a friendship for there to be a real impact. They only just met and began working together. For them to part company is much like a girl going on a couple of dates with a guy and discovering he's a jerk and then breaking up. It's not the same as if a girl and guy were married for years and then their relationship is severely fractured.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #295
Lord
All Mighty

Yes, part of the fun about Civil War was that it was heroes that had been working together for years, it was like an ugly divorce, it's way too early for anything like this to make a big impact

Old 07-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #296
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

You can do civil war without it being over secret identities.

Try it.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #297
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:

Try it.
I do, which is why i'm expecting Edgar Wright's Ant-man (which you know i'm allways talking about ), X-Men First class sequel and Iron Man 3 to be better than the other Marvel films. But the essential element of Civil War is highly lacking

Old 07-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #298
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:

Try it.
Of course you can. But you can't have a civil war without a strong, established sense of long-time friendship and unity. Without that, it's not a civil war - it's just a war, and since they haven't formed real bonds over years, there's no real love lost between them. It was just a temporary working relationship (and nice while it lasted) that didn't work out.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #299
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

How about not doing Civil War at all? It was easily one of the crappiest major company events of the past decade and the last thing we need is to see that train wreck filmed.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #300
Lord
All Mighty

It's interesting to see how opinion of Civil War is divided, some found it to be one of the biggest messes in comic book history and that it turned heroes into douches, while other loved it and it even brought new readers

Closed Thread