HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #327
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
How about a stuffed Coulson?
Cap can return the favour and sleep with that as his teddy bear.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #328
marcvader
Lurker #1

lol

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #329
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I was just using Coulson as an example since he has shown up in so many films. It could honestly be at the point that even Hawkeye and Black Widow will be "too big" to show up in cameo/supporting roles between Avengers movies. Those characters might become central to a SHIELD movie or something like it.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #330
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Looks like this topic can be laid to rest. Here's new one (well, an old one that hasn't been discussed lately):

Are you guys okay with only minor characters making cameos in solo sequels for the entirety of the MCU franchise? MS won't want to waste 6-film deals they have with top-tier actors, so I don't think we'll ever see a major hero make an appearance in another hero's solo movie again. And no one's going to give Marvel a freebie anymore the way RDJ did with The Incredible Hulk. While I'm okay with never seeing Tony Stark show up in a Cap sequel, I also feel like that's kind of sad. What do you guys think?
I'm totally okay with it in concept. What I'm afraid of is having to produce hokier and hokier excuses why the other heroes aren't available. Thor *always* off planet, Iron Man *always* an outlaw or drunk or whatever.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:20 PM   #331
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I don't see why Marvel couldn't work cameos into the actors' contracts. Get paid beaucoup bucks for solo and Avenger movies, but get paid less for brief cameos in somebody else's film.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #332
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I figure it would be challenging, since there's no measurement of screen time in their contracts now, and screen time doesn't translate directly to work time. And work time can't be safely predicted. Then on top of that, if you do rewrite the contracts and how they are measured, then you have to deal with scheduling conflicts, and how low on the totem pole a cameo for a few bucks will be to an actor who may have a full fledged movie for another studio they're trying to make sure they can star in.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #333
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't see why Marvel couldn't work cameos into the actors' contracts. Get paid beaucoup bucks for solo and Avenger movies, but get paid less for brief cameos in somebody else's film.
This is a great idea, but I don't think it's happened yet. Even Sam Jackson's 9-picture deal includes a cameo as one film. I haven't seen any indication that anyone else has a "cameo clause" in his/her contract. Maybe Cobie Smulders? She's probably too busy with HIMYM for that type of contract.

Clark Gregg was the closest to having that type of contract, but it was because of his general availability as a lesser-known actor that Marvel was able to write him into just about anything they wanted. Some of us have been kicking around the idea of a pre-Ms. Marvel Carol Danvers being the next Coulson, but they'd have to hire an actor with that type of availability, which possibly means she'd be lesser-known. It'd be pretty sweet if Marvel could find somebody who's up-and-coming and develop her into a leading lady once she becomes Ms. Marvel. But yeah, it's a pipe dream.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #334
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Cobie Smulders could do cameos since they're not going to take up a lot of time. It's not like she'll miss a whole season of HIMYM if she turns up in a few different Marvel movies for a part like Nick Fury has had.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #335
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Cobie Smulders could do cameos since they're not going to take up a lot of time. It's not like she'll miss a whole season of HIMYM if she turns up in a few different Marvel movies for a part like Nick Fury has had.
Maybe. Just wonder if they have to jet her over to London or anything. As for more major heroes, I don't see someone like Jeremy Renner or Mark Ruffalo signing deals with cameo clauses in them, since their schedules are probably much more restrictive.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #336
LauraT
Side-Kick

With Cobie Smulders I always imagined "cameo type" roles probably being part of the 9 picture deal in theory; she could do a Coulson type role when they needed her, because she isn't tied up to maximizing 3 Avengers + 3 her own movies like the big guns are or already used up half her contract like SLJ. HIMYM is used to writing/shooting around actors' schedules and Robin can go MIA for a couple of weeks if necessary.

I can also see ScarJo in Cap 2 due to the storyline and because she's not being used in IM3, although I don't know how likely it is to be happening.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #337
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Maybe. Just wonder if they have to jet her over to London or anything. As for more major heroes, I don't see someone like Jeremy Renner or Mark Ruffalo signing deals with cameo clauses in them, since their schedules are probably much more restrictive.
In London? What for? Are they filming something in London?

Old 08-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #338
marcvader
Lurker #1

Thor?

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #339
Chewy
REDACTED

They're filming Iron Man followed by Cap in North Carolina, and Thor followed by Ant-Man in London. I guess they got good deals on tax incentives there

No word on Guardians yet

Old 08-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #340
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
They're filming Iron Man followed by Cap in North Carolina, and Thor followed by Ant-Man in London. I guess they got good deals on tax incentives there

No word on Guardians yet
They're filming Guardians...
...IN SPACE!

Of course.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #341
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

It's an exciting time to be a Marvel fan right now. It's going to be a great couple of years for us

Old 08-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #342
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

No word on Guardians yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
They're filming Guardians...
...IN SPACE!

Of course.
Haha yup. I do wonder how they'll approach GOTG filming-wise. I wouldn't want them to Lucas it up and shoot everything against a green screen. I'm thinking maybe more like Abrams' Star Trek? Always a challenge when doing a movie set in space.

I wonder if they could cast a somewhat available TV actor like Cobie Smulders to play Carol Danvers for 6+ films/cameos. As much as I love HIMYM, I'd be more excited to see Carol Danvers become Phase II's "new Coulson" over Maria Hill or any other SHIELD agent. Though I guess the rumor is that Hill is in IM3, huh?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #343
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Haha yup. I do wonder how they'll approach GOTG filming-wise. I wouldn't want them to Lucas it up and shoot everything against a green screen. I'm thinking maybe more like Abrams' Star Trek? Always a challenge when doing a movie set in space.

I wonder if they could cast a somewhat available TV actor like Cobie Smulders to play Carol Danvers for 6+ films/cameos. As much as I love HIMYM, I'd be more excited to see Carol Danvers become Phase II's "new Coulson" over Maria Hill or any other SHIELD agent. Though I guess the rumor is that Hill is in IM3, huh?
Well she WAS in North Carolina during the IM3 shoot.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #344
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Well she WAS in North Carolina during the IM3 shoot.
Yeah. I guess I just don't like the idea of only SHIELD being the glue connecting things in the MCU. Especially since Avengers had the heroes sort of distancing themselves from SHIELD as well. It worked for Phase I, but things have changed/should change!

Old 08-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #345
spideymouse
Side-Kick

This is already in the Fantastic Four thread, but I thought this had to be brought up here too...
Fox, Marvel talk swap as clock ticks on 'Daredevil'
Quote:
The clock is ticking for 20th Century Fox to put its "Daredevil" reboot into production before character rights revert to Marvel -- but Fox chairman Tom Rothman and Marvel brass have been talking about a tradeoff that would allow the comicbook franchise to remain at Fox past its Oct. 10 deadline.

One reason for the backroom dealings: Fox is in discussions with Joe Carnahan to direct what's been described as a "Frank Miller-esque, hardcore 70s thriller" take on blind Hell's Kitchen superhero Matt Murdock -- a vision that would deviate from Disney/Marvel's family-friendly tone. Carnahan has yet to receive an official offer, though multiple sources tell Variety that he's the choice.

But Fox also has something Marvel wants.

Sources say Marvel would give Fox more time to make "Daredevil" in return for the rights to use characters from the "Fantastic Four" universe, including the giant, world-devouring supervillain Galactus, rumored to play a key role in future Marvel pics. Marvel is also eyeing future use of the Silver Surfer, who in the comicbooks brokered a deal to serve as Galactus' herald in order to save his home planet.

Fox owns rights to the Silver Surfer as part of its deal for "Fantastic Four," which the studio is also rebooting with "Chronicle" helmer Josh Trank.

At this point, the ball is said to be in Fox's court, with talks expected to resume later this week. But as of right now, Fox needs to start lensing by the Oct. 10 deadline to keep "Daredevil" in-house.

Neither Fox, Marvel nor reps for Carnahan would comment on the dealings.

David Slade was previously attached to direct the "Daredevil" reboot, which boasts a recent draft by David James Kelly. Chernin Entertainment is producing the pic.

"Daredevil" would mark a return to the Fox lot for Carnahan, who butted heads with the studio while directing "The A-Team"; the two sides appear to have worked out their differences. After the success Open Road Films had with Carnahan's Liam Neeson-starrer "The Grey," Fox quickly began developing Carnahan's actioner "Continue," which was believed to be his next project. CAA-repped helmer is also developing a fresh take on "Death Wish" for MGM.
This would be crazy if true!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #346
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Oct 10 is only 2 months away. Fox might just decide to either let it revert back to Marvel or film any old movie.

I hope Marvel can use Galactus and Silver Surfer, but what are they without the FF? Everyone always associates the Four with those characters.

Marvel should give Fox the Punisher and get the Fantastic Four instead. It's not like Marvel will be using the Punisher in any of their franchises and he also deviates from their family friendly tone and also fits in with Fox's hardcore DD tone.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #347
batman44
Go Speed GO

That would be wonderful if Marvel can get back Silver Surfer and Galactus (phase 3?!!)... I wish they could go ahead and get F4 back too!

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #348
marcvader
Lurker #1

That would be a great Phase 3

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #349
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oct 10 is only 2 months away. Fox might just decide to either let it revert back to Marvel or film any old movie.

I hope Marvel can use Galactus and Silver Surfer, but what are they without the FF? Everyone always associates the Four with those characters.
Silver Surfer would serve as a crucial part of where the MCU is headed. Plus, without Silver Surfer and Galactus (and others are speculating all of F4's cosmic characters), where will F4 be? Stuck with Doom, Mole Man, Puppet Master... It could eventually force F4 to revert as well!

Quote:
Marvel should give Fox the Punisher and get the Fantastic Four instead. It's not like Marvel will be using the Punisher in any of their franchises and he also deviates from their family friendly tone and also fits in with Fox's hardcore DD tone.
Not sure if Punisher + Daredevil = everything Fantastic Four, but if Fox saw it that way, I'm all for it!

Last edited by spideymouse; 08-06-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #350
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Silver Surfer would serve as a crucial part of where the MCU is headed. Plus, without Silver Surfer and Galactus (and others are speculating all of F4's cosmic characters), where will F4 be? Stuck with Doom, Mole Man, Puppet Master... It could eventually force F4 to revert as well!

So
Not sure if Punisher + Daredevil = everything Fantastic Four, but if Fox saw it that way, I'm all for it!
I hope they're that dumb.

Closed Thread