Black Widow
Hawkeye
Ant-Man
Star-Lord
Groot
Rocket Raccoon
Gamora
Drax the Destroyer

Because that's a pretty insane and unwieldy cast. Oh well if it works it will be the greatest film in history. Heck it's already a part of what is probably the greatest film series in history.

Bring on Phase Two!
(Yes I'm excited)
Let's make it even more unwieldy than that. TA2 could conceivably wind up featuring walk-ons and drive-bys (at minimum) from:

Iron Man
War Machine
Hulk
Thor
Dr. Strange (rumored in T:TDW)
Captain America
Falcon (rumored in CA:TWS)
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
Giant Man (Hank Pym)
Wasp
Star-Lord
Groot
Rocket Raccoon
Gamora
Drax the Destroyer
Adam Warlock (not rumored for GOTG, but essential to the team story as well as to any real shot of defeating Thanos in GOTG and/or TA2)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #127
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Maybe the Avengers and the GotG won't meet until Avengers 3. I can't see how it can be a smaller, more personal story according Whedon if it is a huge cosmic battle with Thanos involving the Guardians.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #128
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Let's make it even more unwieldy than that. TA2 could conceivably wind up featuring walk-ons and drive-bys (at minimum) from:

Iron Man
War Machine
Hulk
Thor
Dr. Strange (rumored in T:TDW)
Captain America
Falcon (rumored in CA:TWS)
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Nick Fury
Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
Giant Man (Hank Pym)
Wasp
Star-Lord
Groot
Rocket Raccoon
Gamora
Drax the Destroyer
Adam Warlock (not rumored for GOTG, but essential to the team story as well as to any real shot of defeating Thanos in GOTG and/or TA2)

Dont forget, you can throw Winter Soldier himself into that list too
Possibly we could get a chromed out Cap in a future movie...?

Old 07-15-2012, 01:48 AM   #129
ClarkLuther55
Side-Kick

Am I the only one who finds some of these Phase II choices kind of odd? I'm not a hardcore comics reader, but I consider myself pretty well read about comics compared to the average person on the street. I literally never heard of The Guardians of the Galaxy until they announced it as an upcoming movie.

I really don't know about the possibility of putting these Guardians in Avengers 2, since the Avengers themselves haven't even been fully established as a formal team yet. I'd rather see the core team develop, and possibly introduce a couple new but notable members like the Pyms.

Also, the long-rumored Ant-Man just sounds weird to me, with the way they plan to age and sideline Hank Pym for the much less notable Scott Lang character. I'm also having trouble believing that the mainstream audience will be anywhere as enthusiastic for an Ant-Man movie.

I don't know...is anyone afraid of the Marvel Cinematic Universe diluting its brand with these second and third string characters?

Old 07-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #130
redlion2
Interim King of Wakanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkLuther55 View Post
Am I the only one who finds some of these Phase II choices kind of odd? I'm not a hardcore comics reader, but I consider myself pretty well read about comics compared to the average person on the street. I literally never heard of The Guardians of the Galaxy until they announced it as an upcoming movie.

I really don't know about the possibility of putting these Guardians in Avengers 2, since the Avengers themselves haven't even been fully established as a formal team yet. I'd rather see the core team develop, and possibly introduce a couple new but notable members like the Pyms.

Also, the long-rumored Ant-Man just sounds weird to me, with the way they plan to age and sideline Hank Pym for the much less notable Scott Lang character. I'm also having trouble believing that the mainstream audience will be anywhere as enthusiastic for an Ant-Man movie.

I don't know...is anyone afraid of the Marvel Cinematic Universe diluting its brand with these second and third string characters?
Worried? Nah, not so very long ago Ironman was considered a second stringer and a lot of fans believed there was no way a Thor film could work. Avengers was met with a lot of skepticism as well but all turned out successful for Marvel films. High quality films and great marketing will go a long way in making these popular characters with the general public.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #131
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkLuther55 View Post

Guardians were almost certainly greenlighted as a way of introducing/elaborating on Thanos. They have a long history with the Mad Titan.

Ant-Man began as a pet project by Edgar Wright back in the days when a shared universe was still just a gleam in Kevin Feige's eye, so Wright never gave any thought to Avengers or shared continuity or characters. He's let the project languish so long in Development Hell that it's now become problematic....if Wright insists on keeping this movie distinct from the MCU, it's going to shoot a ton of holes in the Avengers' future.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-15-2012, 08:16 AM   #132
AvengeME
Banned User

When is Ant-Man due out? They announce a release date or is it still tenative? If that's the case I can see it getting pushed back to a PIII filler. I'd prefer March 2015. Maybe November 2014. I think Marvel isn't expecting these filler movies to carry major summer slots and they are adjusting their release dates as such. It is a smart move.

Also am I reading it correctly that Hank Pym will be one of the orginals back in the 60's with Lang as the modern day Ant-Man? I would like to see the MCU tackle more of that era. Maybe Howard Stark in his later years. Pym could fit there. I would rather he be a modern character but I would like to see staple 60's characters from the MCU. Makes me wonder if the Fantastic Four could be introduced the same way in the MCU down the line to distance themselves from any Fox movies.

Last edited by AvengeME; 07-15-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:45 AM   #133
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengeME View Post
Also am I reading it correctly that Hank Pym will be one of the orginals back in the 60's with Lang as the modern day Ant-Man?
Scott Lang is dead for much of the last decade, and just only recently has been resurrected.

From the comics and the rest standpoint, Pym is the definitive Ant-Man/YellowJacket/Giant Man/Marvel's top scientist other than Reed Richards.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #134
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

so glad it's going cosmic, i love cosmic stuff.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #135
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

Just cause this is the Marvel Universe of films, doesn't mean EVERYONE has to bee in The Avengers 2.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #136
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

If anything, I'd expect them all to be in Avengers 3. Sort of an all-out war against Thanos, using every hero they could possibly find.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #137
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Wow all the big news from MS yesterday has me giddy. I'm excited as all get out for phase II it is going to be the definition of awesome! These next few years are going to be dope

Old 07-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #138
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I'm surprised there's no Black Panther movie coming up in Phase 2. I thought he would've been a popular choice.
phase II isn't completely confirmed yet.. 2015 is not yet confirmed for Avengers 2, nor is the idea of only 1 marvel film the same year as avengers.

I would actually assume if this was the entire phase II they would have teased us with a logo of Avengers 2 in 2015

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #139
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

I wonder where Guardians of the Universe will stand in the time-line

Old 07-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #140
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
phase II isn't completely confirmed yet.. 2015 is not yet confirmed for Avengers 2, nor is the idea of only 1 marvel film the same year as avengers.

I would actually assume if this was the entire phase II they would have teased us with a logo of Avengers 2 in 2015
GREAT point. Phase 2 isn't set in stone yet other then what we've been shown. There was absolutely zero mention of Avengers 2 so there's still hope. I don't think people would mind waiting an extra year to get 2-3 more characters in there, preferably Black Panther and Ms. Marvel.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #141
VictorShade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
Scott Lang is dead for much of the last decade, and just only recently has been resurrected.

From the comics and the rest standpoint, Pym is the definitive Ant-Man/YellowJacket/Giant Man/Marvel's top scientist other than Reed Richards.

You'd think so, but i recall hearing somewhere, that at some point, some entity like the Living Tribunal or the Beyonder or such, layed down the law and declared, that Hank Pym IS, the defacto SCIENTIST SUPREME of the Marvel Universe! Said Stark is a tinkerer, Reed is primarily a researcher, but Hank, let's face it folks, hard to beat a 60 ft tall
Dr. Frankenstien/Dr. Doolittle, that discovered and OWNS a pocket universe!

Old 07-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #142
VictorShade
Side-Kick

Also, I can deal with them using Pym and Lang. The whole ' To Steal An Ant-Man ' thing could work, decent story and all. But let's drop this whole Hank in the 60's thing.
Iron Mans 1960's origin was made contemporary, and it worked just fine. Just saying, you can have both guys ( Hank and Scott ), Hank, obviously the eldest and more experienced of the two, but he don't have to be 20 yrs older or such.
Hank would allow Lang to carry on in his Ant-Man personna, while he serves as his adviser. Hank needs his free time to complete the Robotic AI he's been developing, other research into nano tech stuff. Where he discovers the ability 'shunt mass', to become Giant-Man. Both Ant-Man and Giant Man to be recruited by Nick Fury next time the world needs some Avengers.
By the time Avengers 3 comes out, Lang/Ant Man has moved on. Hank has taken on the identity of Yellow Jacket. Doing both the shrinking and the growing. Which as a subplot, is coincidentally driving him nuts.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #143
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

To Steal An Ant-Man sounds more like a sequel than a first film. The first should really be an origin movie for Hank and Jan. To Steal An Ant-Man is almost like "Teen Wolf Too", "Evan Almighty" or "Beneath the Planet of the Apes".

Old 07-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #144
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

2014 is gonna be a great year. 3 great movies comin out!

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 07-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #145
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I just really want Hank and Jan played out and on an avengers team... And i'm a little nervous we haven't heard anything about Janet even appearing in this film or script

[=]
Old 07-15-2012, 06:12 PM   #146
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i mean, really... Janet and Hank could easily be the MCU equivalent of Sue and Reed and the fantastic four... (quarky scientists who discover a pocket universe and develop the ability to shrink and grow)

[=]
Old 07-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #147
Markyboy00
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorShade View Post
You'd think so, but i recall hearing somewhere, that at some point, some entity like the Living Tribunal or the Beyonder or such, layed down the law and declared, that Hank Pym IS, the defacto SCIENTIST SUPREME of the Marvel Universe! Said Stark is a tinkerer, Reed is primarily a researcher, but Hank, let's face it folks, hard to beat a 60 ft tall
Dr. Frankenstien/Dr. Doolittle, that discovered and OWNS a pocket universe!

Eternity named Hank Pym Earths SCIENTIST SUPREME

Old 07-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #148
VictorShade
Side-Kick

^ Thank you kind Sir. Earths Scientist Supreme. I couldn't recall just what entity said that

Last edited by VictorShade; 07-15-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #149
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

http://thejerseycritic.wordpress.com...nd-we-approve/

Posted all my thoughts on my blog, but basically i love each film, each sequel seems like a good move and Ant-Man and GotG both seem new and different from previous films and will help to expand the MCU.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #150
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I'm surprised there's no Black Panther movie coming up in Phase 2. I thought he would've been a popular choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post

This is what Marvel Studios Co-President Louis D'Esposito had to say about Black Panther, which kind of pisses me off:
Quote:
[Black Panther] has a lot of the same characteristics of a Captain America: great character, good values...It's a little more difficult, maybe, creating the world. That's always more difficult than basing it here. For instance, 'Iron Man 3' is rooted right here in Los Angeles or in New York. So when you bring in other worlds, you're always faced with those difficulties."
What pisses me off is that he had just finished talking about how Guardians of the Galaxy is a great concept and of course we now know that that is what MS will be tackling next... So they can create the world of a group of outer space superheroes from the future including a talking raccoon that shoots guns the size of his body, but it's hard to create an Earth-based superhero who's the king of a country that you've indirectly referenced twice in your previous films? I call foul.

Anyway, I really would love to see BP in 2015 if they decide to extend Phase II.

Closed Thread