The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: What villain should be used for ASM2?
Green Goblin/Norman Osborn 69 37.70%
Chameleon 20 10.93%
Doc Ock 14 7.65%
Electro 67 36.61%
Scorpion 29 15.85%
Kraven 30 16.39%
Vulture 25 13.66%
Shocker 25 13.66%
Morbius 11 6.01%
Mysterio 60 32.79%
Rhino 15 8.20%
Hobgoblin 9 4.92%
Sandman 1 0.55%
Hydro-man 6 3.28%
The Kingpin 15 8.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #51
Radioactive
Side-Kick

Default Re: What villain would you like to see in Amazing Spider-man 2?

It'd be cool to see O'Hirn and Marko as regular thugs, kind of like SSM, but without them turning into their latter identities.

Radioactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #52
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
That actually sounds interesting.

But my point is, that there is nothing wrong with making some of these characters minions to a bigger foe. That doesn't mean they don't get characterization. It just means that we don't spend many scenes on say, the Rhino's backstory.

Just him saying he volunteered to be a guinea pig for some secret Oscorp funded experiment, works fine.
Cool, I get what you're saying.

I had Mysterio and Shocker initially appearing as unwitting pawns to the Goblin. Basically Schultz and Beck were members in Tombstone and Black Tarantula's gangs that Osborn leaked the Mysterio/Shocker outfits and gear to. The gear was stolen from one of OsCorp's rivals by the Goblin.

This way he'd have these two rogues trying to takeover Tombstone and Black Tarantula's operations, leaving Spider-Man to deal with them, as well as the NYPD. Then the Goblin would be doing something or another. I was inspired by the original stories where Green Goblin set out to take control of the New York underworld.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #53
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
I really hope we don't have a villain even remotely linked to the ''doctor'' idea. We had enough of that. It's nothing original.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Screw the game's continuity. Movie > game.
Sure movies > games, but first game is a sequel to the first movie, they got to coordinate things to keep them appealing to all movie viewers, whether they play the games or not, so it's better to avoid Scorpion entirely

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #54
SpaceWay2009
Wall-Crawler

I voted for Electro. Since the story seems to revolve around Norman and Peter's parents, it would be very interesting to see how Electro would fit into it, if at all. He could maybe be a villain who has nothing to do with the main story. :/

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223
SpaceWay2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #55
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
What I want from the villian in ASM2

1. I want the villian to be human.
It was fun to see a CGI Lizard but I was taken out of the movie a couple of times due to poor CGI. Have a human in a outfit so you can totally buy the character. Add the effects for what this person can 'do' in post.

2. Drop the sympathy angle for pity sakes.
Make the villian just be a bad guy. No internal struggle, no conflict of interest, just a bad guy who wants to do bad things for personal gain.

3. No origin.
It (the origin) wastes time and it isn't needed. Have a villian who just 'IS'. Get on with it!

4. No connection to Peter.
No conflict of interest for Peter/Spider-Man, just someone to be taken down.

Do that and you'll have a great villian.
Electro (CG lightning)
Mysterio (CG head/effects)
Kraven
Cameleon

Go with these villians. Further more you'll be able to film most of the stuff in camera (rather filming blank plates and adding a whole character in post) which means it will be easier to make the 2 year deadline.
So, you want it to be like The Dark Knight?

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #56
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
So, you want it to be like The Dark Knight?

Pretty much

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #57
OcStat
Side-Kick

I'm not going to speculate on origins or because of course the film is going to do something else entirely...but as far as the villains I'd like to see:

Mysterio: After seeing TASM a 3rd time, I am hoping this is the next foe. Just on a visual FX standpoint, they can do pretty much anything as far as his illusions. They can set it apart from all the other villains so far, and make it almost like a trippy, screwing-with-Spidey's-head deal.

Shocker: Just because he is one of my childhood favorites.

I know they are planning a trilogy, but I think they should keep this team as long as they can to build to the Sinister Six. It is totally feasibly to go for 4 or 5, even 6 films if they keep a tight schedule (with no compromise to quality of course). They can use this initial trilogy to fully play out the mystery behind Peter's parents, and lay the groundwork for what would be the next big screen Marvel event.

I mean really, what is the only thing that can top the visual spectacle of The Avengers? In my opinion, a similar set up of introducing one villain at a time, and tying them together slowly over the course of a few films, finally building to the undoubtedly unrivaled on-screen might of 6 villains VS. the one and only Amazing Spider-Man.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:28 AM   #58
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

If Sony want to keep the budget down for the sequel, go with Electro and concentrate on his personality/charisma and add the lighthing effects in post.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #59
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
What I want from the villian in ASM2

1. I want the villian to be human.
It was fun to see a CGI Lizard but I was taken out of the movie a couple of times due to poor CGI. Have a human in a outfit so you can totally buy the character. Add the effects for what this person can 'do' in post.

2. Drop the sympathy angle for pity sakes.
Make the villian just be a bad guy. No internal struggle, no conflict of interest, just a bad guy who wants to do bad things for personal gain.

3. No origin.
It (the origin) wastes time and it isn't needed. Have a villian who just 'IS'. Get on with it!

4. No connection to Peter.
No conflict of interest for Peter/Spider-Man, just someone to be taken down.

Do that and you'll have a great villian.
Electro (CG lightning)
Mysterio (CG head/effects)
Kraven
Cameleon

Go with these villians. Further more you'll be able to film most of the stuff in camera (rather filming blank plates and adding a whole character in post) which means it will be easier to make the 2 year deadline.
I'd rather they not ditch the ball they have rolling and use villains just because they haven't been shown on-screen yet. I don't see how it works from a storytelling perspective. I mean, sure, you can make a good story with all of these elements, but there are things that need to be filled in, journeys that need resolutions, and conflicts that arise from Peter's actions in ASM that escalate and test him as a superhero.

PSYLENTGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #60
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

GG in the second, MJ, Harry, JJ introduced. The film should take player 1/2 years after TASM.
Kraven in the 3rd, the movie should take player 4/5 years after the incident.

Shocker and Lizard should be minor villains in the trilogy IMO.

Valkyrje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #61
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYLENTGuardian View Post
I'd rather they not ditch the ball they have rolling and use villains just because they haven't been shown on-screen yet. I don't see how it works from a storytelling perspective. I mean, sure, you can make a good story with all of these elements, but there are things that need to be filled in, journeys that need resolutions, and conflicts that arise from Peter's actions in ASM that escalate and test him as a superhero.
Electro could be a henchmen for Norman Osborn, it fits my criteria and the connection to Peter and the answers he needs could all be fullfiled by Norman.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #62
Slushy
The Man

Green Goblin, but throw in the Chameleon as well since they're dealing with Parker's parents.

Mysterio and Electro would look terrible onscreen.

Vulture and Scorpion could work with their techo design looks.

Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #63
rabz
Shugmiester

I have always wanted to see shocker at the start of a movie with him robbing a bank and then being stopped by Spider-Man, a nice opening to start with a bang.

As for the main villain I voted for Electro. I still remember James Cameron's script where he had Electro as some kind mob boss, which I think is something different and interesting (Since Kingpin's rights are with Fox).

The ending of ASM 2 should having Norman trying to cure himself but something goes wrong causing the lab to explode setting him up for ASM3 as the Green Goblin and death of Gwen and they could also set it up with Doc Ock waking up in ASM 4 as he too was involved in the explosion since their going with the Ultimate route.

rabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #64
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Mysterio.

Not only the character opens lots of doors for creativity, but also I think the character could look AMAZING on screen.

Save Green Goblin for part III to really make a good third part.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #65
ALP
In The Mountains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Green Goblin, but throw in the Chameleon as well since they're dealing with Parker's parents.

Mysterio and Electro would look terrible onscreen.

Vulture and Scorpion could work with their techo design looks.
Totally disagree. just think of Johann Krause from Hellboy and that's how Mysterio would look.

I'd love to see Mysterio, Shocker, or Kraven.

No Goblin in the next one. Build Osborn up to become the Goblin and kill Gwen to cap the trilogy.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #66
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Not that I like Carnage or Venom but as villians they fit the into the tone of this new universe far better than the Raimi movies were Venom stuck out like a sore thumb.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #67
COMPO
Side-Kick

I think we're better leaving Venom for another time, I can imagine this being a franchise if it makes a good trilogy, so the first could be a Goblin trilogy and then the second being a Venom trilogy.

But 2bh I'm moving more towards Kraven in the next one, more so cos I'd imagine Norman would want to capture Spider-man to get a piece of his blood to analyse his DNA.

But with the 'we'll leave him for now' line at the end I can imagine Oscorp kind of keeping an eye on Peter but testing him as well, like sending people after him to test him and see his capabilities and the properties of the formula. Cos I could imagine Osborn's mentality being the same as in the Ultimate Universe in terms of Spider-man 'you belong to me' since its his experiment that created him and in turn believes Spider-man is just a human trial, so would analyse and test his subject to see how it turns out.

Last edited by COMPO; 07-13-2012 at 11:22 AM.
COMPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #68
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

My picks:

Electro, Mysterio, Vulture, or Chameleon.

Please stay the hell away from Venom, Carnage, any other type of symbiotic life form. For the love of god.

Everything else is in between.

Drummerdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #69
Radioactive1980
Banned User

Guys like Rhino, Shocker, Scorpion and Electro could not be the primary baddie in the next film because those guys are supporting bad guys. They could not carry a film. They don't have the brains to warrant that.

I'd like to see Green Goblin / Death of Gwen, question is will they do that for part 2 or part 3? Aside from that Kraven would be great as a main enemy. I don't want to see any of the guys we've already seen on the big screen again apart from GG (although I'm aware Venom is inevitable, as a Venom film is in the works) and I think Mysterio could be really cool if done well, perhaps as a support baddie.

So my vote goes to Kraven, Mysterio, Green Goblin and OH OH OH!!!...
Some of the newer enemies Dan Slott has created in recent times would be really cool too. Mister Negative for example.

Also- Check this out- In 2008 when the solicitations for ASM 550 showed up, for this issue it said something to the effect of 'introducing the villain of the 5th Spider-Man film Menace'.

Now that was 2008, only one year after SM3 and SM4 was apparently still on come December 2010, but who knows how long they had been considering a reboot from behind the scenes...

It would be pretty damn cool if we got some Lily Hollister/Menace action in TASM2. Perhaps as a goblin formula guinea pig whom Spidey has to tackle first before the Green Goblin, either in the second of third film.

Radioactive1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #70
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Venom and Carnage are my favorite villains, but even I want completely different foes for the next movies.

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #71
COMPO
Side-Kick

to be honest I reckon Scorpion could carry a film. Shocker would work more as a henchman or something

Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #72
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Venom and Carnage are my favorite villains, but even I want completely different foes for the next movies.
I want to see Electro but I actually think Ultimate Venom would fit very well into the movie. I prefer 616 by far, but I think from what they set up Ultimate Venom would make alot of sense in the new franchise. I think he actually would have been a better choice being the villain in this movie since they had Parkers Dad working with Scientists and didnt bother with Connors family. I think the series actually needs to embrace Ultimate a bit more....and personally I dont even like Ultimate much.

Last edited by def28; 07-13-2012 at 01:55 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #73
GreySpider
Bane Wannabe

i think if the film goes beyong 3 movies we'll definitely see some symbiote stuff, hopefully ultimate incarnation to make it fresh

GreySpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #74
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I want to see Electro but I actually think Ultimate Venom would fit very well into the movie. I prefer 616 by far, but I think from what they set up Ultimate Venom would make alot of sense in the new franchise.
I can see the sadistic Carnage in this franchise. I think the tone allows the character to fit into the world the movie presented. No way it could've worked with Raimi.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #75
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I can see the sadistic Carnage in this franchise. I think the tone allows the character to fit into the world the movie presented. No way it could've worked with Raimi.
Yeah I think they can do them right.

I thought Venom and Carnage would have fit with Raimis resume in horror movies. I always pictured these really creepy scenes where the Symbiote was talking to Brock. Such missed opportunities,sttil dont get how he missed the mark on that one. I really did like The Church scene though.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote