The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: What villain should be used for ASM2?
Green Goblin/Norman Osborn 68 37.78%
Chameleon 20 11.11%
Doc Ock 14 7.78%
Electro 66 36.67%
Scorpion 29 16.11%
Kraven 30 16.67%
Vulture 25 13.89%
Shocker 25 13.89%
Morbius 11 6.11%
Mysterio 59 32.78%
Rhino 14 7.78%
Hobgoblin 9 5.00%
Sandman 1 0.56%
Hydro-man 6 3.33%
The Kingpin 15 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2012, 04:38 AM   #101
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Default Re: What villain would you like to see in Amazing Spider-man 2?

Mysterio or Chameleon! And obviously Norman and/or GG.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #102
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Chameleon would be a cool side villain. Btw, what is the origin of Chameleon anyway? Yeah I know where he comes from, but how did he get that white head?

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #103
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

You know, I used to remember it... but not anymore! All I know was that he used to be a spy.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #104
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

DAMN been trying to find that information on internet but apparently no one else is questioning this fact, incredibly frustrating

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:38 AM   #105
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Chameleon would be a cool side villain. Btw, what is the origin of Chameleon anyway? Yeah I know where he comes from, but how did he get that white head?
I think he just drank some serum that changed his face like that. For awhile though he didnt have powers. He could just use computers, disguises, holograms and that belt he had.

Last edited by def28; 07-16-2012 at 07:57 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 AM   #106
Visualiza
What is a yout?

I'd like to see Shocker feature as a minor introductory villain that ties into/leads to a more elaborate scheme. I'm envisioning Shocker carving a swath of destruction through the streets, leveling a city block while battling Spidey. The rest of the film could see Spider-Man tangling with a higher profile foe who is partnered with Shocker(GG, Kraven, Mysterio, or Tombstone) or under the employ of a mob boss type, like Fortunato, Kingpin, Silvermane, etc.

Visualiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #107
COMPO
Side-Kick

I really hope they keep with what they did with the Lizard and not kill any of the villain in the following film. Just so we can have a Sinister Six movie. Also, since Marvel will probably get the rights back on Daredevil does that mean they can get the Kingpin in on the Spider-man movies or is he different thing since he first started in Spider-man?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #108
Arrowhead
Webhead

I just want to see a villain who completely kicks Spidey's ass...something brutal

Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #109
Nathan

Lizard wasn't brutal enough?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #110
Arrowhead
Webhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Lizard wasn't brutal enough?
He was, and I loved it...I just want to see Spidey even more broken and bloodied.

Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #111
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehnhart View Post
I just want to see a villain who completely kicks Spidey's ass...something brutal
Agreed.

I actually thought they were gonna have Lizard beat him up a bit more. The highschool fight was awesome bought never thought Spidey was gonna loose or was in trouble. Thought GG kicked his ass alot harder at the end of Spidey 1.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #112
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

The Lizard had other things in mind, he wasn't actually trying. That's what I think, at least.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #113
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

I wonder what would of happened to Peter.. mixing Lizard serum with a Spider/Human cross-species?

Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #114
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Green Goblin did it in the end of the first film, really, spider-man then got mad and used his remaining strenght as hard as he could

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #115
Hugebear
Supervillain

Exactly, don't box yourself in too soon, especially if you can't top yourself. Leave it for the third film.

Hugebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #116
Nathan

You know, I'm really glad we got this reboot, but it's probably also a bit too bad, because it's probably way too early to introduce someone like Black Tarantula. He's someone I'd really like to see in a Movie.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #117
Supa
Side-Kick

The more I think about it, the more I'd love to see Electro, if they could do him well.
I also want to see his silly green and yellow costume, even if it's just Max sketching costume ideas.

Supa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #118
Galactus123
Side-Kick

Galactus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #119
RustyCage
Come what may..

Can we add Smythe (father and son) to this poll?

I want to see Smythe working for Osborn, and his son creating robots (Spider Slayers) and such to try to capture Spider-man. Thinking of the 90's cartoon, but with a new spin tied to the last movie's story.

He could even use Connors' research to develop other supervillains like Scorpion, Rhino, Vulture, eventually the Goblins, et cetera.

Morbius could be an interesting side villain (Michael could be a fellow student under Connors who knows Gwen, stumbles onto Connors' work). Mysterio would be way cool too. Dunno how they'd fit him into the bigger picture though.

I also wanna see Spidey take down some small frys like Shocker, maybe at the beginning just to warm the audience up before the bigger story.

Kraven could fit in multiple ways...

Old 07-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #120
COMPO
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldn't it to be that much, more Doc Ock vs spider-man were it was still good but spider-man was in trouble at times whereas if we have it too brutal it could end up like venom vs sandman were you just can't see Spidey winning at all to the point you think the character is ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Agreed.

I actually thought they were gonna have Lizard beat him up a bit more. The highschool fight was awesome bought never thought Spidey was gonna loose or was in trouble. Thought GG kicked his ass alot harder at the end of Spidey 1.
I thought the fights were pretty good, Lizard was pretty brutal considering he scratched at Peter and nearly choked him to death a good few times. I was crapping my self with the sewer scene cos I thought the Lizard would get him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
Who the hell is that :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
Can we add Smythe (father and son) to this poll?

I want to see Smythe working for Osborn, and his son creating robots (Spider Slayers) and such to try to capture Spider-man. Thinking of the 90's cartoon, but with a new spin tied to the last movie's story.

He could even use Connors' research to develop other supervillains like Scorpion, Rhino, Vulture, eventually the Goblins, et cetera.

Morbius could be an interesting side villain (Michael could be a fellow student under Connors who knows Gwen, stumbles onto Connors' work). Mysterio would be way cool too. Dunno how they'd fit him into the bigger picture though.

I also wanna see Spidey take down some small frys like Shocker, maybe at the beginning just to warm the audience up before the bigger story.

Kraven could fit in multiple ways...
Yeah I'll add him to it. He would actually be a good villain, sort of a way for Osborn to try and capture Spider-man. I do like the idea of developing villains through Oscorp. Vulture though can be his own thing cos he was kind of rival to Oscorp in the animated series who Osborn bought out.

Morbius would be interesting, he and Scorpion could be like a step up after the Lizard formula. Shock could work as an Oscorp enforcer or something like that.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #121
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPO View Post
I thought the fights were pretty good, Lizard was pretty brutal considering he scratched at Peter and nearly choked him to death a good few times. I was crapping my self with the sewer scene cos I thought the Lizard would get him.
I didnt consider it brutal but there was some cool stuff for sure. Really dug the high school fight, the rest really didnt impress me too much. Im sure they will improve the sequel.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #122
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

I think Kraven or Mysterio would be neat. I think it would be nice to have a non-scientist or science related main villain for a change. With Osborn in the background(I'd love a slow buildup to Green Goblin like how Harry had a slow buildup to the New Goblin over all three Raimi films), heck maybe even have some more background villains included who aren't the main focus like Chameleon, Rhino, or the likes of Shocker or Sandman.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #123
COMPO
Side-Kick

Really, I thought him nearly scratching through Peter's chest to be quite brutal. And I agree with the non-scientist villain but science created villains are kind of go together with Spider-man and Marvel.

2bh I'd like a villain like Shocker to be the sort of main focus for Spider-man, while the main villain works in the background and after Shocker is stopped halfway through the film switches gears as Spider-man now has to face the main villain.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #124
JBAwardsCircuit

I think Mysterio would be a terrific choice as a villain for the next film...so long as they don't anchor him down with a cheesy costume.

JBAwardsCircuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:30 PM   #125
ViscaBarcaInter
Side-Kick

Mysterio, for the simple reason that it would be different and would make ASM 2 stand out a bit from the more common action/crime orientation of superhero movies. They'd need to work on the outfit of course, but I'm sure they could manage something. I'm also fond of the idea of a minor villain starting the film out, like a Shocker type.