The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > The Hype Archives

Old 07-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #26
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Day 5 Challenge

You know what, that's a load of bull. It isn't like we tried. We were trying to figure out the second chair and people kept having personal stuff to attend to, rendering them unable to step up for it, which is completely understandable and should have been taken into account for this. But it honestly didn't feel like it was. Matt's attitude was not acceptable by any means, even if he did organize this, because at the end of the day this is meant to be a game. You've got to roll with the punches and deal with unforseen circumstances when you have this many people involved.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #27
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Bruce, that is just how the game is hosted. Every host in Hype Survivor history has had a mean streak toward the players. It is just how it works. Notice how none of the veteran players are taking this ruling personally? It is just the game. Hosts tend to be jerks.

That said, your tribe needs a kick in the ass. If you can't put together one paragraph in 36 hours then you have far bigger problems as a tribe than a host yelling at you.

As for why you have to vote out two players, well, that is due to consistency. As I told Kal, one of the members of the other tribe PMed me last night and asked me what would happen if they didn't post at the deadline (looking to sabotage his or her tribe I think) and I told him it would be a forfeit and will result in a double elimination. Had to stay consistent with established rules. Otherwise it would be unfair. You're not being penalized because I'm pissed. You're being penalized because that is the penalty for missing a deadline.

I get that **** happens....and I was already lenient once in extending the deadline of jury selection. But I can't let you guys have a pass while the other tribe met their deadline. That is unfair to them. If you guys at least dropped me a PM, we could've at least talked. But you didn't. Therefore the disqualification was necessary.

Just shake it off, vote out some dead weight and kick ass in the next challenge.

And I am sorry if my harsh tone offended anyone. As Spider-Fan can attest, the host is a character, to an extent. I was simply staying in character.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #28
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
You know what, that's a load of bull. It isn't like we tried. We were trying to figure out the second chair and people kept having personal stuff to attend to, rendering them unable to step up for it, which is completely understandable and should have been taken into account for this. But it honestly didn't feel like it was. Matt's attitude was not acceptable by any means, even if he did organize this, because at the end of the day this is meant to be a game. You've got to roll with the punches and deal with unforseen circumstances when you have this many people involved.
I understand that man, but if you guys couldn't make the deadline again why did no one PM either of us to ask to extend? Surely if you look at it from the perspective of the other team who made the deadline you can see why Matt had to make the call in their favour? I know at times it can be hard to get all the ducks in a row, but in a team of 8 no one could send a quick PM to ask for another extension?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #29
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

If you guys wanna vote me out on the grounds of the challenge, it's cool. I was first chair, I wasn't online when the deadline was met, and I didn't write up an argument for the defense because I was waiting for someone to step in instead of trying to cover for the lack of a second. Since there was no second chair, it was my sole responsibility as first and I didn't live up to it.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #30
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't feel right voting someone out who actually tried to do the challenge. We should look at who didn't contribute IMO. Lets take it to PM's, just in case the other Tribe gets our password. I sent one out earlier and hope everyone responds to it soon.

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
KALEL114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #31
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Like I said....take me out.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #32
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

I've sent in my two votes. One decided by simple process of elimination, the other to respect Calvin's wishes.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #33
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

I wasn't offended by Matts message. I feared I wouldn't be able to stick with this, and various things in life this week really proved it to me.

Immortalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #34
ComicChick
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

just for the record, matt you're the one who started punishing people for not participating, whether it was strategy or not. this time it was simply no one was available.

that is the part i like least about your games; you want to lay down a punishment for someone not doing a challenge, when that could be a team's strategy or something. just my two cents

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #35
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm hardly the only host whose ever punished players for neglecting challenges.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #36
ComicChick
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

true but you're so adamant about it.

you don't have to be a "character" to host survivor lol i get you were hurt, but to lash out like that, wasn't very well... nice.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #37
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

This was my keynote challenge, CC. Remember Jewhob's murder mystery challenge or Erz's first scavenger hunt? I'd imagine neither would be very happy if those were blown off. Every host has that one challenge that they put everything into. This was this game's and you guys kinda ruined it.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #38
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I can write things, I should have just wrote it.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #39
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

From about 10am yesterday morning until tonight, I haven't had time to get on at all. I was in school, then immediately went to work where I felt sick and went to bed early. Then I had to get up early todaty, drive to Ohio to visit my family, and drive back before night time so I could get decent sleep for work tomorrow.

I am sorry for the lack of time, and I understand Matt's frustration. When you put time and effort into designing a challenge, you hope people do it. But, as I learned as host, that doesn't always happen whether it be for strategy or timing. This game has just had all its challenges on VERY bad days for me pretty much the whole game. I apologize to the tribe, the hosts, and I am REALLY trying to participate to my full capability. But, with 4 days of school a week, 5 days of work, and my 1 week vacation I was on when the game began...this game has been hard for me to play in.

That said, I hope ya'lls don't vote me out, LOL! I still wanna play a game :jigsaw:

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote