Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: The Batsuit Master Thread - Part 2

The Batman Returns suit is by far the best

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 09-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #302
TheWatcher
Dapper

I hated the chest on the Batman Returns suit.

-Christian Bale
Old 09-24-2012, 01:30 AM   #303
Lando81
Formerly Hazmat81

1.tdk/tdkr
2. Bb
3. Br
4. Bf
5. B89
6. B&r

Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 AM   #304
lixdexia
Blood Angels

the returns suit is my least favorite except for the silver B&R suit.

dictated, not read.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 AM   #305
Lando81
Formerly Hazmat81

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
the returns suit is my least favorite except for the silver B&R suit.
I like that it's sleek but also armor looking. Maybe too bulky but cool looking none the less.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #306
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatScot View Post
No confusion here; the meaning of the metaphor is blatantly obvious.
Hmm, in the story The Super-Key to Fort Superman, Batman melted an identical wax-statue of himself to take it's place. And Superman clearly
thinks to himself about the BLUE and grey blob of melted wax…

He even tells it to Batman himself how the Batman figure is BLUE and grey. Has he made a wrongly colored Batman figure just for **** and giggles?

Maybe Superman is speaking/thinking in metaphors here too? Or is he just color-blind?

Sometimes Batman wears and has worn blue, deal with it.

Last edited by 747; 09-25-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #307
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Agreed.

It never made sense to me why Batman would sculpt muscles onto his costume. This removed that problem and had such perfect design.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #308
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I'd like to see someone on here Make a Bait-suit design/manip using the night owl costume from the "Watchmen" movie.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #309
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando81 View Post
1.tdk/tdkr
2. Bb
3. Br
4. Bf
5. B89
6. B&r
Snap. My order, too.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #310
Lando81
Formerly Hazmat81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Snap. My order, too.
I think my perfect non-TDK/TDKR suit would be the Returns suit with the Forever cowl. SOMEONE SHOULD PHOTOSHOP THAT.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #311
omens

Newbie here. Spent the last two nights reading this megathread.

Firstly, I suspect we're gonna have the same issues as with the proposed MOTU film on the MOTU forum - namely everyone will disagree with everyone else. We all perceive characters differently and they are portrayed differently. Iron-Man wasn't particularly highly regarded by some until the Downey Jr films.

I loved Nolan's Batman and hated it simultaneously for the same reason: anyone could do the training and with some money, pick up the cowl. The way TDKR ended showed Wayne leaving behind Batman whereas for me it was always the opposite. Yet the "grounded reality" of the film was enjoyable, showed Batman/Wayne's limitations.

For me, I agree with darklord - Batman's strengths are shadows, stealth, fear/psychology. He should be an apparition - emerged from the shadows and merges back. I loved the Arkham Asylum/City games because you could perch on a ledge/gargoyle, survey a group of thugs, swoop down, take them out and go back up. Going indoors was even better as you could pick off the enemy one by one. This for me was what Batman was more about. The suit needs to reflect this.

In the Nolanverse, everything was premade and adapted. I didn't like the suit and thought the cowl was far too big (or at least small neck). I understood the reasons for using a helmet and separate neck in TDK. But Nolan's Batman wasn't as stealthy as he could have been (Hong Kong scene was awesome), he didn't do as much detective work but had a lot of help from outside.

The Batsuit needs to reflect the stealth element. I would prefer the black look to blue but would accept a compromise to midnight blue (ideally between midnight blue and black) or "blue black" ie black with blue highlights. I've slowly started coming round to the idea of a grey suit but I still think it is too light and needs tk be much, much darker - maybe charcoal grey. Hate the idea of pants on the outside. Just looks silly and even MoS seems to have ditched it. I understand the area needs to be broken up but the alternative would be a coloured codpiece which just reminds me of the Schumacher films.

The belt - gold/bronze is darker than yellow and less obvious. It helps break up the suit. I preferred things attached to it a la BB/TDK rather than pockets/pouches. The logo is important. It needs to stand out or there's no point in having it - something that didn't make sense in the Nolanverse. I would stand behind the idea of a heavily armoured chest piece if it was a yellow/gold/bronze oval.

Armour - in this day and age, Batman needs it. I would argue for something similar to TDK's revised Batsuit. A close fitting bodysuit with armour platers in certain areas. The bodysuit and hence the Batsuit is dependant on the wearer and a larger frame would work better. Keaton's suit was my favourite but I echo comments about his frame being too small to carry it off properly. I didn't like the chest armour in BR for some reason.

IMO a lot of the suit's requirements/design would depend on Batman and the setting of the film. If back in the 60s, you could get away with spandex but in the modern era, it would need to be revised. If Batman is more stealthy, the colour scheme would need to be darker. I do like the majority of Arkham suit - bodysuit looks like armour, long flowing cape. Hated the really long ears and exaggerated gauntlets.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #312
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlmatto View Post
Agreed.

It never made sense to me why Batman would sculpt muscles onto his costume. This removed that problem and had such perfect design.
The reason is that in the beginning he was pretending to be an actual creature, hence the armir simulating or faking muscles. Once the myth was gone and people knew hes a man in the suit he ditched it. Of course forever comes in and he wears an armor simulating male stripper, but nothun from that movie on made sense or were consistent

Old 09-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #313
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

The best suit is the Panther suit from Batman Forever, followed by the one in Batman 89. But in general I think all Batman suits from the movies kinda suck.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #314
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Is the Panther suit the Kilmer wore at the beginning of Batman Forever? Also didn't it have nipples?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #315
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Is the Panther suit the Kilmer wore at the beginning of Batman Forever? Also didn't it have nipples?
Yup, thats the one. And also the first one to have the cape always folded back like Supermans

Last edited by GothamAlleys; 09-29-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #316
evildead
Banned User

Hate TDKR and TDK suits.

Hate the techo panels, hate the fact you can hardly see the bat symbol. Hate the helmet like cowl makes his neck look scrawny and batman more like a crow or something.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #317
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

The panther suit did not have the dumb nipplesdid it?

Old 09-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #318
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
The panther suit did not have the dumb nipplesdid it?
It did

Old 09-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #319
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Eh.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #320
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildead View Post
Hate TDKR and TDK suits.

Hate the techo panels, hate the fact you can hardly see the bat symbol. Hate the helmet like cowl makes his neck look scrawny and batman more like a crow or something.
Agreed. I don't like the Burton movies very much but the suits are superior to those. At least they looked like something.

For the next movie I hope we get a sleek and traditional suit. Since it will be tied to the Justice League anyway the brainwashed "BATMAN'S SUIT MUST BE BULLETPROOF" crowd can be pleased by saying that the use some sort of futuristic material.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #321
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
Agreed. I don't like the Burton movies very much but the suits are superior to those. At least they looked like something.

For the next movie I hope we get a sleek and traditional suit. Since it will be tied to the Justice League anyway the brainwashed "BATMAN'S SUIT MUST BE BULLETPROOF" crowd can be pleased by saying that the use some sort of futuristic material.
And when someone says the suit must be bulletproof, I usually com back with "Who says it has to LOOK bulletproof to BE bulletproof?"
There are penty of real-life materials that could give us a cloth type suit and still be bulletproof.
There is no need for yet another Iron Man looking Bat-suit.

*splat*
Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #322
Lando81
Formerly Hazmat81

I think the main point here is that a cloth suit would just look dumb and hokey on screen, unlike the TDK/TDKR suit which just looks badass.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #323
TheWatcher
Dapper

Get rid of the nipples and the panther suit is by far the best.

-Christian Bale
Old 10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #324
lixdexia
Blood Angels

that, but inverted

dictated, not read.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #325
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Then I invite the idea of a manip to be done with it to get rid of said nipples and other unnecessary detail.

Closed Thread