The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 05-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #901
milost
Banned User

Default Re: The Score V

Sounds cool, one day maybe.

Last edited by milost; 06-17-2013 at 07:22 PM.
milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #902
litobirdy
Side-Kick

To me batman's theme was and will be molossus. Yes Risen from Darkness plays it too but Molasses still sounds better.

Last edited by litobirdy; 05-17-2013 at 08:47 AM.
litobirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #903
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

To me the true theme is Barbastella. It's not a theme that plays when Batman is in action, during heroic things (the way we tend to think of superhero themes), but it's a cue that pops up in many of the most meaningful moments of the trilogy.

I think everyone has their own favorite cue that they like to think of as "the" theme though.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #904
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
To me the true theme is Barbastella. It's not a theme that plays when Batman is in action, during heroic things (the way we tend to think of superhero themes), but it's a cue that pops up in many of the most meaningful moments of the trilogy.

I think everyone has their own favorite cue that they like to think of as "the" theme though.
The piano cue from that is oddly something I LOOOOVED in Begins and grew to dislike more and more in each of the films. I think it got to be too on the nose, if that makes sense.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #905
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
The piano cue from that is oddly something I LOOOOVED in Begins and grew to dislike more and more in each of the films. I think it got to be too on the nose, if that makes sense.
I was referring to the big percussive part at the end, but yeah I tend to agree. The piano cue there was a slowed down version of a cool section of the Mollosus theme that you hear at the end of the BB credits (also featured in BB theatrical trailer 3).

Although I do love the choir boy rendition of it that plays after the Waynes' murder and Bruce's (apparent) death, very haunting.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #906
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post

Have to agree. I've always looked at that two-note motif at the end of Barbastella as the Batman theme of this trilogy. I love how in BB, during the scene where the track is used, there's this eerie, silent part that plays while Bruce is entering and crawling through the tunnel towards the cave. And then, when the bats swarm him, there's this sort of 'boom effect' that kicks off the two-note motif. It's sort of like, 'BOOM! Batman!'.

That particular scene is one of the best in the trilogy IMO and it's a testament to just how much of an integral part the music is to these movies.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote