The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

View Poll Results: Which was the best?
Raimi's Spider-man 87 33.98%
Webb's Amazing Spider-man 129 50.39%
I don't want to compare them 22 8.59%
They are equal 18 7.03%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,306
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCarm View Post
I particularly liked Garfield screaming at the end when Captain Stacey died.

That scene said so much to me. The amount of pain Garfield went throughout the whole movie and it all manifested itself in that scream and to see the growth he had at that instance really moved me.
raimi's version of that scene

GuestStar2004 is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #27
©KAW
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,018
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
How about this- WHO CARES if they went in thinking it was Spider-Man 4. As long as the audience enjoyed what they were seeing the movie would've made money, and they'd have figured things out as they went along. Such as it is, distancing themselves from the first 3 hasn't helped the box office, so it wouldn't have mattered.
Why would a new director want people to think that his new and unrelated film is a semi-sequel to Raimi's? Should Nolan had not distance his films from Tim Burton's Batman, just because it made more money (adjusted for inflation)...of course not? Reboots don't usually make as much as the original. Batman Begins didn't even clear 400M worldwide.


Last edited by ©KAW; 07-14-2012 at 12:18 PM.
©KAW is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #28
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,144
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
raimi's version of that scene

AF3619 is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #29
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

doesn't this topic exist already?

Jexx is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #30
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Also, isn't this topic premature? Because we haven't seen both trilogies.

Jexx is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #31
FigsNFilms
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 102
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
Also, isn't this topic premature? Because we haven't seen both trilogies.
Then just compare the origin stories ...

FigsNFilms is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #32
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Oh. Then ASM.

I still don't feel like this topic should exist though, it seems like we have more than enough topics covering the same.. heh heh.. topic.

Jexx is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #33
Dragon
No Way as Way
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: New York, NY USA
Posts: 9,989
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ©KAW View Post
Why would a new director want people to think that his new and unrelated film is a semi-sequel to Raimi's? Should Nolan had not distance his films from Tim Burton's Batman, just because it made more money (adjusted for inflation)...of course not? Reboots don't usually make as much as the original. Batman Begins didn't even clear 400M worldwide.
Simply by the fact that he's retreading the origin he's already linked this film to Raimi's. The constant criticism is that it's all been seen before. If Webb had actually taken the story in a different direction he'd have been credited for doing somthing original with the character.

And Nolan did distance himself from the Burton films in that the origin hadn't been presented in the Burton films.

This film could've been just as huge as the others if they'd handled it the right way.

__________________
Kwai Cheng: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

Kung-Fu, 1972
Dragon is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #34
I Am The Knight
World's Finest
 
I Am The Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: DCAU
Posts: 12,293
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

It seems like Webb did have a different origin planned but the fans hated it. I wasn't too pleased with it, myself.

__________________
Before SHH, your miserable, insignificant little life was laughable. Now that you've found SHH, have you noticed you've become more popular? Suddenly EVERYONE wants to hang out with you.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
I Am The Knight is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #35
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

I still don't buy that different origin theory.

Jexx is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #36
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,225
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Raimis first two films. I really like ASM's cast alot but the script had bigger problems. The Lizard was a waste, plot lines were dropped and the last act of the film just kills it for me.

def28 is online now  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #37
©KAW
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,018
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Simply by the fact that he's retreading the origin he's already linked this film to Raimi's. The constant criticism is that it's all been seen before. If Webb had actually taken the story in a different direction he'd have been credited for doing somthing original with the character.

And Nolan did distance himself from the Burton films in that the origin hadn't been presented in the Burton films.
The point is, people know that this film wasn't apart of the previous movie's continuity. That's the LINK I'm saying shouldn't be crossed. The sequel won't have an origin--nor will it have Sandman as Uncle Ben's killer and an idiotic Spider-Man doing nothing about it. "With Great Power"...my ass. T'was lost in the other films. Fixing the core of the character is much more important to me. It's why the retreading was a must.

Quote:
This film could've been just as huge as the others if they'd handled it the right way.
If handling it the right way is making people believe that this is a vague continuation of the Raimi's film, then I'm glad that they didn't leave out the origin, especially for reasons I've stated above.

©KAW is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #38
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 35,064
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Long time no see ©KAW, did you like the new movie more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
raimi's version of that scene
Losing a long life dear friend for the same reason Captain Stacy died should have bigger impact
But as for comparing both guys crying, I think Garfield is more hilarious when he cries, he looks like a child, and reminds me too much of a young second cousin of mine

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
Marvel vs DC, Rip-offs? Share your input here
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #39
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,618
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Sometimes Tobey looks like a duck when he cries.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #40
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 879
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

His character IS a child. It is kind of weak that one thing we have to put up with in theatres is people snickering whenever Peter cries in any movie. I get it, big macho super heroes don't cry, blah blah, but its different with Spider-Man. Emotional Torment is kind of this poor dudes thing. Like these simpletons can't grasp the emotional weight of what the characters going through, and it just devolves into "Look at Spider-Man cry what a p****!"

Then again 4 out of 4 films have had our super hero crying.


Anyway! As far as the question goes, Amazing Spider-Man for me. Their portrayal of the character is more to what I envisioned Spider-Man being on film. The Raimi movies will be loved by me forever, but Webb's are going to be superior.

OcStat is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #41
©KAW
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,018
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Long time no see ©KAW, did you like the new movie more?
Yeah, I like the movie more, but I found no love for The Avengers.

©KAW is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #42
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,144
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
no love for The Avengers
what does that mean?

AF3619 is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #43
©KAW
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,018
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

I didn't like The Avengers movie.

©KAW is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #44
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,144
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ©KAW View Post
I didn't like The Avengers movie.


Last edited by AF3619; 07-14-2012 at 02:57 PM.
AF3619 is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #45
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 35,064
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Sometimes Tobey looks like a duck when he cries.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...
Marvel vs DC, Rip-offs? Share your input here
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #46
Dragon
No Way as Way
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: New York, NY USA
Posts: 9,989
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ©KAW View Post
The point is, people know that this film wasn't apart of the previous movie's continuity. That's the LINK I'm saying shouldn't be crossed.
They didn't need to re-do the origin to separate this series from Raimi's. The film could've started with Peter early in his career as Spidey. Still in High School- beginning a relationship with Gwen with no MJ in sight. He still finds his dad's briefcase and starts looking for answers about his parents' death. I don't think they should've started the series with the Lizard, but so be it. They could've focused on the alternate take on Peter's characterization etc.

Quote:
The sequel won't have an origin--nor will it have Sandman as Uncle Ben's killer and an idiotic Spider-Man doing nothing about it. "With Great Power"...my ass. T'was lost in the other films. Fixing the core of the character is much more important to me. It's why the retreading was a must.
Webb has already said that the entire trilogy will be Spidey's origin. And since he did NOTHING about Ben's death in this film- whatever happens in part 2 is moot.

Quote:
If handling it the right way is making people believe that this is a vague continuation of the Raimi's film, then I'm glad that they didn't leave out the origin, especially for reasons I've stated above.
So you'd rather a subpar film that was somehow separate from a successful and much-loved trilogy (Which it isn't. It's inextricably connected to the Raimi films in the worst possible way- it's seen as a watered down retread of them). Rather than make a great film that people would momentarily connect to the Raimi films. That makes zero sense to me.

__________________
Kwai Cheng: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

Kung-Fu, 1972
Dragon is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #47
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 879
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

I'd have to disagree sir, especially your 2nd point. Spidey did not do "nothing" about Uncle Bens death.

OcStat is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #48
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle
 
Jexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Manhattan, New York City
Posts: 1,659
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Dragon, you call the film subpar as if it's fact.

Jexx is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #49
Smegger56
The Smegginator
 
Smegger56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: ScouseLand, Liverpool, England
Posts: 2,453
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
I'd have to disagree sir, especially your 2nd point. Spidey did not do "nothing" about Uncle Bens death.
Some just don't get it.

He saw his uncle, dying and chose to stay with him, distraught.

Then what does he do? Ask the cop for the sketch of the guy, taking note that the guy has a tat on his wrist and goes out to find him.

Only at the dinner scene when Stacey says he's not helping, only going after guys who all look a like, that it seems he's only after revenge, does Pete realize that he's not helping the people.

So he puts the people first above his own personal lust for revenge. He's trying to be responsible. But as we know, with the sketch still hanging on his wall, Pete will not give up the hunt. He just has to put the greater good ahead of himself.

Good stuff if you ask me

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying how it happened before is wrong. We now just see two different reactions to the same terrible incident.

__________________
METAL.GEAR
ASSASSIN'S

Smegger56 is offline  
Old 07-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #50
AF3619
WOOO!
 
AF3619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: México
Posts: 6,144
Default Re: So now we've seen both, which was the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
Some just don't get it.

He saw his uncle, dying and chose to stay with him, distraught.

Then what does he do? Ask the cop for the sketch of the guy, taking note that the guy has a tat on his wrist and goes out to find him.

Only at the dinner scene when Stacey says he's not helping, only going after guys who all look a like, that it seems he's only after revenge, does Pete realize that he's not helping the people.

So he puts the people first above his own personal lust for revenge. He's trying to be responsible. But as we know, with the sketch still hanging on his wall, Pete will not give up the hunt. He just has to put the greater good ahead of himself.

Good stuff if you ask me

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying how it happened before is wrong. We now just see two different reactions to the same terrible incident.
hopefully it conclutes in the sequel like he has the guy traped about to kill him and then he remembers the "getting even" speech
from Uncle Ben and just brings him to the police

AF3619 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.