Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #26
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: Wonder Woman cameo in MoS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Oh he didn't say 'no' last year.

He's all for JLA. He just wanted it as a separate thing with a different Superman.
that's what I mean. Someone asked him last year if his Superman would be in the Justice League movie and he said "NO". Now he's singing a completely different story

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #27
Rockstar
Banned User

Not necessarily.

If you notice, he didn't specifically speak about Cavill's Superman. He said the character of Superman is DC's crown jewel.

Nothing he said indicated that Cavill's Superman, specifically, could be involved in JLA.

I think his perspective that JL will be a separate thing with a different Superman hasn't changed.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #28
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Not necessarily.

If you notice, he didn't specifically speak about Cavill's Superman. He said the character of Superman is DC's crown jewel.

Nothing he said indicated that Cavill's Superman, specifically, could be involved in JLA.

I think his perspective that JL will be a separate thing with a different Superman hasn't changed.
he was aksed if his Superman would be in a Superman/Batman film or the upcoming Justice League. He said that Superman is the jewel of the DC crown and that they were trying to get his house in order and then who knows what will happen. Basically if the movie is a hit and WB says let's make it happen then Snyder will more than likely be in consideration to direct Justice League. If he says no he can't exactly take his Superman and go home....he belongs to WB/DC not Nolan and Snyder. So if WB says that Cavill will be Superman in Superman/Batman or Justice League film then Snyder doesn't have much say in it....

Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #29
El Payaso
Banned User

Hope not. Nolan has said many times his superhero movies are self-contained.

I certainly want Wonder Woman. In her own movie, that is.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #30
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
he was aksed if his Superman would be in a Superman/Batman film or the upcoming Justice League. He said that Superman is the jewel of the DC crown and that they were trying to get his house in order and then who knows what will happen. Basically if the movie is a hit and WB says let's make it happen then Snyder will more than likely be in consideration to direct Justice League. If he says no he can't exactly take his Superman and go home....he belongs to WB/DC not Nolan and Snyder. So if WB says that Cavill will be Superman in Superman/Batman or Justice League film then Snyder doesn't have much say in it....

Haha. Wow.

That's a huge stretch.

You're reading far too into his comment.

Justice League is being developed and conceptualized in studio right now, and so far it's being done separately and has no one from the MoS creative team involved.

JL isn't a MoS Sequel. It's currently a completely separate project.

Nothing Snyder said at SDCC confirmed that he changed his perspective from a year ago. Snyder's "who knows" comment really doesn't mean anything.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #31
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post

Batman certainly was self contained.

There's no way Bale's Batman will continue into anything after the ending to TDKR.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #32
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Haha. Wow.

That's a huge stretch.

You're reading far too into his comment.

Justice League is being developed and conceptualized in studio right now, and so far it's being done separately and has no one from the MoS creative team involved.

JL isn't a MoS Sequel. It's currently a completely separate project.

Nothing Snyder said at SDCC confirmed that he changed his perspective from a year ago. Snyder's "who knows" comment really doesn't mean anything.
of course Justice League isn't a sequel to Man of Steel. But if WB says that they want this Superman to be in the Justice League film then that's what WB gets regardless of what Snyder said last year or at Comic-Con.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #33
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:

I want Wonder Wonder to have a film of her own but if they want to make mention of her in Man of Steel that's fine by me. Nolan may be a producer but once again, he doesn't have final say in what WB does and if WB says they want to start a shared universe then Nolan can either go along with the idea or walk away...like someone said earlier that we all saw how bad a shared universe worked for Marvel. The Avengers was an absolute disaster!!

Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #34
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
of course Justice League isn't a sequel to Man of Steel. But if WB says that they want this Superman to be in the Justice League film then that's what WB gets regardless of what Snyder said last year or at Comic-Con.

Really? Because WB wasn't able to make that happen in 2007 with JL:Mortal.

They originally wanted Bale and Routh as the Batman and Superman, and that didn't happen.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #35
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:

They originally wanted Bale and Routh as the Batman and Superman, and that didn't happen.
I'd be willing to bet that with the success that The Avengers had WB will stop at nothing to get Justice League going...

Old 07-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #36
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:

There were filming conflicts. Justice League was to due to begin filming during the time of The Dark Knight filming, so the shared universe idea was scrapped in the pre production phase, as eventually were all links to established franchises. WB then wanted to have three independent franchises going to maximise profit: Batman, Superman and Justice League. Batman skyrocketed, Superman stalled and Justice League died.

If Henry Cavill is signed two movies (standard contract) then, unless someone buys out his contract, he will appear in whatever movie WB wants him in as Superman. Bale was in the same situation as Batman, if Chris didn't return for the third Batman, Bale would still have to reprise the role as he had always been contracted for three films.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #37
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
There were filming conflicts. Justice League was to due to begin filming during the time of The Dark Knight filming, so the shared universe idea was scrapped in the pre production phase, as eventually were all links to established franchises. WB then wanted to have three independent franchises going to maximise profit: Batman, Superman and Justice League. Batman skyrocketed, Superman stalled and Justice League died.

If Henry Cavill is signed two movies (standard contract) then, unless someone buys out his contract, he will appear in whatever movie WB wants him in as Superman. Bale was in the same situation as Batman, if Chris didn't return for the third Batman, Bale would still have to reprise the role as he had always been contracted for three films.

Filming conflicts?

I thought the Dark Knight filmed in 2007 and wrapped by the end of that year, and Justice League:Mortal was supposed to film in 2008.

There couldn't have been a filming conflict, because Bale still managed to film "Terminator Salvation" (which was the project that took over JL:M's spot for the summer of 2009).

Warners just couldn't logistically tie their independant franchises together into the ensemble picture. It was just much easier for them to approach JL as a separate project.

It still is.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #38
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
I want Wonder Wonder to have a film of her own but if they want to make mention of her in Man of Steel that's fine by me. Nolan may be a producer but once again, he doesn't have final say in what WB does and if WB says they want to start a shared universe then Nolan can either go along with the idea or walk away...like someone said earlier that we all saw how bad a shared universe worked for Marvel. The Avengers was an absolute disaster!!
Well that's not the point. The Avengers was amazing, and a culmination of the other films put together. But sadly I thought the other films leading up to it, were hobbled by this. I felt that everything with Avengers felt shoehorned in until The Avengers movie came out. I feel just do a JLA movie by itself after a while, no need to wink and wink and wink again and again at the fans. I think the films should stay self contained to a point, then just have a JLA movie and see what happens. I felt that hindered the other Marvel Studio films was pushing the Avengers thing. And to me yes The Avengers was the best film out of all of Marvel Studios, I just think they still could have had a great movie like that without all the winks and nods.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #39
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Well that's not the point. The Avengers was amazing, and a culmination of the other films put together. But sadly I thought the other films leading up to it, were hobbled by this. I felt that everything with Avengers felt shoehorned in until The Avengers movie came out. I feel just do a JLA movie by itself after a while, no need to wink and wink and wink again and again at the fans. I think the films should stay self contained to a point, then just have a JLA movie and see what happens. I felt that hindered the other Marvel Studio films was pushing the Avengers thing. And to me yes The Avengers was the best film out of all of Marvel Studios, I just think they still could have had a great movie like that without all the winks and nods.
I was being a smartass. I loved The Avengers. I don't want WB to make a shared universe feel forced. The individual films should stand on their own two feet and not rely on another film to make it successful but having a lead up to Justice League instead of just throwing them all together at once is the way to go.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 PM   #40
Kal-El Fan
Side-Kick

Personally, I don't really care if MOS is the start of a shared DCU or if they just come out with JL and have them all meet/connect their movies then, or if it's a completely different universe. As long as it's a good movie, I don't think people will care very much.

As to the WW and Supergirl cameos. If true it could be as simple as a reference to Themyscira in the dialogue somewhere for WW or you could do a post credits scene where Diana approaches Superman from off camera and steps out of the shadows into the light, just enough for us to get a glimpse of her costume (so you don't limit the costume designers for the WW movie). Shoot it from behind or leave her in the BG and you don't need to worry about the actress playing her, you're just introducing the character. Same with Supergirl, mention Argo City and/or do a post-credits scene where we move to space and see a large Krypton/Kryptonite asteroid. We pan around (or over) it to see that a ship is embedded on one side. As we zoom in on the ship we see a woman in the female version of Kryptonian armor/dress with an "S" shield on her chest. We can't make out much more of her costume than that and her face is obscured by shadow. Easy. (and could work for any character)

By the time MOS is released, there might be plans in place for these films and, like Avengers, it wouldn't be hard to go back and film a simple scene.

Kal-El Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #41
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
A financial success is probably enough for executives to try and duplicate the circumstances. But it doesn't always work that way. And I hope I won't have DC character exchanging one-liners like Marvel characters did. So far Nolan has reached better levels than that.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #42
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
A financial success is probably enough for executives to try and duplicate the circumstances. But it doesn't always work that way. And I hope I won't have DC character exchanging one-liners like Marvel characters did. So far Nolan has reached better levels than that.
I personally like humor in my comic book movies. They should be fun, light-hearted yet taken seriously and not campy like the later Superman movies and Batman movies which went downhill quick. There is no need for comics to be all realistic and such...

Old 07-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #43
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
They really want to get Wonder Woman going in some capacity, both her and Supergirl. That was one of Diane Nelson's big goals. Not sure if it will be television or on film, it's a tough sell.

Maybe it will just be nods like the "Gotham" line in Superman Returns.
There was a Gotham mention in Superman Returns? How did I miss that?

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #44
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Hmmmm...there is a lot of fervor to get a WW movie off the ground, but I doubt Diana Prince will show up in MOS. I could see them maybe alluding to her...or the island...or something, but a full cameo seems unlikely.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #45
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
yeah...because we all know how bad that turned out for marvel and the avengers.....stupid cameos.

While the Avengers is a great film, Thor and Iron Man 2 both suffered from forcing in crap from the Avengers.

redhawk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #46
Sam
Im Always Around

Quote:
Batman certainly was self contained.

There's no way Bale's Batman will continue into anything after the ending to TDKR.
Well, I wouldnt say that. Its more difficult for Bale's Batman to return because of Bale himself and Nolan, but the return of the character is very possible since the DKR ending leaves a huge door open.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #47
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I say no. Save Wonder Woman for her own feature film or the Justice League movie.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote