The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #26
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 57,679
Default Re: Take a stand!

Well, looks like your best bet is Obama....lol

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #27
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Take a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post

I have no idea who Jill and Stewart are.
Jill is the Green Party Candidate

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #28
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Take a stand!


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #29
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill
 
bell110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,024
Default Re: Take a stand!



No surprise to me.

bell110 is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #30
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,017
Default Re: Take a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
No surprise to me.
Sucks that your 2 guys have 0 chances of winning. lol

SV Fan is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #31
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,422
Default Re: Take a stand!

It's funny because it's true

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #32
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,017
Default Re: Take a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
It's funny because it's true
I maybe am not in the same boat as the above 2 but my ideal candidates are The Green Party girl and Johnson(although Obama is a close 3rd)

SV Fan is offline  
Old 07-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #33
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Take a stand!

not sure if that's actually worth laughing about.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #34
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill
 
bell110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,024
Default Re: Take a stand!

You know what I found funny? I looked at the results per state, and every single one except for South Dakota had Ron Paul and Gary Johnson above Mitt Romney. And every single red southern state scored higher for Libertarians than Republicans.

Maybe before every primary vote, the voters take this survey before they decide who they vote for.

bell110 is offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #35
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 57,679
Default Re: Take a stand!

The people taking this quiz are internet users....those two have a very strong internet following, so that doesn't surprise me.

I have a strong feeling that even if the quiz said Romney and they always voted for the (D) they are going to vote for Obama, and certainly vice versa. My grandmother absolutely hated Clinton, she was a Roosevelt Democrat and Clinton did not act like a President should act as far as she was concerned....but she voted for him 2x....lol

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #36
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump
 
JJJ's Ulcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The pit of J Jonah Jameson's stomach.
Posts: 10,639
Default Re: Take a stand!

I side 92% with Jill Stein. I don't even know who that is! (Okay, I'm now assuming it's gotta be the Green party candidate. Damn... didn't know I was that far to the left!)

http://www.isidewith.com/results/14617792


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Oh, JJJ........... sometimes you make me wonder why I haven't killed you yet. :eek:
"My mum always said 'if someone doesn't like you, **** 'em. They've got bad taste.'" ~ Bob Hoskins on confidence.
JJJ's Ulcer is online now  
Old 07-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #37
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Take a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
The people taking this quiz are internet users....those two have a very strong internet following, so that doesn't surprise me.

I have a strong feeling that even if the quiz said Romney and they always voted for the (D) they are going to vote for Obama, and certainly vice versa. My grandmother absolutely hated Clinton, she was a Roosevelt Democrat and Clinton did not act like a President should act as far as she was concerned....but she voted for him 2x....lol
Some people just vote party. Especially older voters. Makes no sense to me. I'm not going to vote for someone I don't like just because of party.


I wouldn't be surprised to see that if all the voters took this quiz, more than half would have neither Obama or Romney at the top.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #38
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 57,679
Default Re: Take a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Some people just vote party. Especially older voters. Makes no sense to me. I'm not going to vote for someone I don't like just because of party.


I wouldn't be surprised to see that if all the voters took this quiz, more than half would have neither Obama or Romney at the top.
Very possible...

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #39
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,006
Default Re: Take a stand!

How the survey ranked me:

87% Barack Obama
84% Jill Stein
68% Stewart Alexander
37% Ron Paul
27% Mitt Romney

I'm honestly surprised Romney's so high. And I guess they just didn't bother ranking Johnson for me?

Pretty funny stuff.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #40
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,017
Default Re: Take a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I'm honestly surprised Romney's so high. And I guess they just didn't bother ranking Johnson for me?
For secondary candidates if they don't rank high they don't show them unless you expand the candidates. Chances are Johnson ranks slightly higher then Paul on your list

SV Fan is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #41
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,029
Default Re: Take a stand!

Well, damn Gary Johnson...

http://garyjohnsongrassrootsblog.blo...on-issues.html

Quote:
Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party) claims the title of President by collecting enough electoral votes to put him in the White House with 284 votes (270 is the magic number to win the presidency) by winning 28 states

This is based off of over 600,000 people taking the quiz. This guy did the math. This is VERY possible if IF, IF Gary were to get to debate against Obama and Romney. And time is running out on him being included.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #42
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,437
Default Re: Take a stand!

My results:

82% Jill Stein (social, environmental, economic issues)
75% Ron Paul (immigration, healthcare)
74% Barack Obama (social and environmental issues)
53% Mitt Romney (immigration issues)

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 07-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #43
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,268
Default Re: Take a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Well, damn Gary Johnson...

http://garyjohnsongrassrootsblog.blo...on-issues.html




This is based off of over 600,000 people taking the quiz. This guy did the math. This is VERY possible if IF, IF Gary were to get to debate against Obama and Romney. And time is running out on him being included.

The math only works if isidewith represents an unbiased sample of voters, which I highly doubt.

It's really easy for a 3rd party candidate to win in a survey that is likely going to be taken younger, internet savvy voters (whose political leanings are still in flux).

How many older Republicans do you think took this survey? Or even older Democrats.

How many who took the survey aren't even old enough to vote this year.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 07-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #44
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
hippie_hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Titanium Groceries
Posts: 51,422
Default Re: Take a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
The math only works if isidewith represents an unbiased sample of voters, which I highly doubt.

It's really easy for a 3rd party candidate to win in a survey that is likely going to be taken younger, internet savvy voters (whose political leanings are still in flux).

How many older Republicans do you think took this survey? Or even older Democrats.

How many who took the survey aren't even old enough to vote this year.
Shush! Don't destroy his optimism. That's what I plan on doing come November

__________________
Titanium Groceries!!!
hippie_hunter is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 02:13 AM   #45
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,029
Default Re: Take a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
Shush! Don't destroy his optimism. That's what I plan on doing come November
He's polling 5.3% nationally according to JZ Analytics in a likely voters poll...that came out last week end. And there is still the Ron Paul factor and volunteers like me working social media.

I do think there's a chance he does flop and gets 0.7-0.9%, but I still think he is gonna end up doing 2000 Nader numbers at least. Time is running out, but don't count out a 2 term governor just yet.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #46
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 57,679
Default Re: Take a stand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
The math only works if isidewith represents an unbiased sample of voters, which I highly doubt.

It's really easy for a 3rd party candidate to win in a survey that is likely going to be taken younger, internet savvy voters (whose political leanings are still in flux).

How many older Republicans do you think took this survey? Or even older Democrats.

How many who took the survey aren't even old enough to vote this year.
Exactly, this is not a sampling of likely voters, nor is it a sampling of one of the largest voting populations the 55+ voting population, a good majority of them are not on the internet. This is an internet sampling, and as we know that sampling goes a great deal for 3rd party candidates, so this isn't anything new. And a good number of those that show a high % for 3rd party candidates are still, come voting time will vote for a (D) or an (R) doesn't matter what this poll shows.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #47
Superman
The Man Of Steel (Is #1)
 
Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory
Posts: 22,557
Default Re: Take a stand!

Barack Obama 91%
Jill Stein 87%
Stewart Alexander 80%
Ron Paul 19%
Mitt Romney 13%


Not surprised.

__________________
Looking For Live Action Superhero Pics? Come Join My Yahoo Group!!!
Live Action Superhero Photo Album
Superman is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #48
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 186
Default Re: Take a stand!

Jil Stein and Barack Obama are the top 2.

Thor The Mighty is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #49
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero
 
Donnie Darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,620
Default Re: Take a stand!

I did this a while back, can't remember all of the exact numbers, but I remember Ron Paul being 93% (didn't agree on foreign policy) and Obama was like 30%.

I think it is a shame that no one who doesn't have an (R) or (D) next to their name will ever be elected president. We really do need to shake it up and get away from the strict two-party system people vote by.

__________________
This is my signature.
Donnie Darko is online now  
Old 08-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #50
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen
 
Parker Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 22,646
Default Re: Take a stand!



Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
Getting a blank page. Fitting, considering my political views.
I can see them all ending up being 0's.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Spielberg wanted to ground the myth of Lincoln in reality. "I wanted to say, what if this guy actually existed? What would it be like?"


Parker Wayne is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.