Detroit Tigers 6 35.29%
San Francisco Giants 11 64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #526
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Default Re: 2012 Major League Baseball: Save a fan, Boo a Yankee

^ How so? There were two exciting play in games, followed by every division series going to a 5th and deciding game. I get that the Tigers and Cardinals have been pretty much dominating the Championship Series from an outcome standpoint but even most of those games have been close.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #527
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
As someone with no real investment in any of the teams, this post season has been disappointing.
There's no way you've been watching them then. The two play in games were close and exciting. Just about every ds game has been close and gone to 5 games and the Tigers just thoroughly embarassed the Yankees. It's been one of best playoffs of any sport in recent memory

Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #528
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

The first game of the ALCS was exciting up until the point where Jeter went down. After that, the *** pretty much hit the fan for the Yankees and that series. Despite their chances, it was pretty much over at that point.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #529
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

The play-in games and the DSs were unquestionably amazing. You had the in-field fly fiasco and Chipper's costly error, Ibanez's heroics, SF coming back on the road from a 0-2 deficit, Oakland nearly doing the same, and the Cards/Nats game 5 was the game of the year.

The LCSs have gone differently, the games aren't very good. The main story coming from the pennant games is the aging, listless Yankees. A-Rod has managed to overstage that as his own personal headline. The Tigers have basically been given zero publicity, at least on a national stage, which leads me to believe that they'll win it all. The Cardinals are continued to be rightly trumpeted as being mega postseason performers. As for the Giants, Tim Lincecum's descent into mediocrity was given prime time treatment last night as he could have easily given up about 10 runs.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #530
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Well I guess to clarify my statement before someone has a stroke, it's disappointing in the sense that all the fresh teams were knocked out in the first round. I don't count that Wild Card game as part of the post season since I think a play in game is a joke. A play in series is what I would like to see, even though I'll admit they were exciting games. But yeah now we have the same old boring stuff. The Yankees got swept and unless the Giants do something epic, it'll be the Cardinals again. Mostly, it's just that I have no real interest in any of the teams left.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 10-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #531
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah, I feel the same to some extent. Heck, last year the only games I watched in the World Series were the last inning of game 6, and the second half of game 7. Even now, I haven't sat to watch any of the games.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #532
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Yeah, I feel the same to some extent. Heck, last year the only games I watched in the World Series were the last inning of game 6, and the second half of game 7. Even now, I haven't sat to watch any of the games.
Yeah, I'm not saying they're terrible games but I honestly don't have any interest in the Tigers and what looks like the Cardinals. Even if I do have a certain sense of loyalty to Leyland because of the 97 Marlins. And for the Cardinals the only thing I would enjoy if they won would be a giant Suck it Pujols type celebration.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 10-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #533
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

We are already saying Suck It Pujols here in STL. Getting to the series is almost more important to us right now than winning it. Winning would be icing on the cake.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #534
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Mostly, it's just that I have no real interest in any of the teams left.
I pretty much go for the team that hasn't won it in awhile. Tigers last World Series win was in 84.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #535
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I pretty much go for the team that hasn't won it in awhile. Tigers last World Series win was in 84.
Same here. I probably won't watch every game, but I'm rooting for the Tigers.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:55 PM   #536
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Cardinals all the way for me.

Spill

Old 10-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #537
cyborg ninja 14
God, I love your accent

Would prefer to see the Tigers win it, Verlander getting a ring would be awesome. Cool for Cabrera too.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:41 AM   #538
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL

wow, zito. the nlcs is far from over. could go 7.

If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
Old 10-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #539
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

That was the best Barry Zito has looked in seven years, or at least his curveball has looked. His fastball is practically nonexistent, he has Old Man Moyer type velocity, but the Cardinals couldn't read his curveball for crap tonight. So, hilariously enough, it looked like they were being blown away by 84mph fastballs. The man must have had about 20 swing-and-misses tonight. Cards had opportunities but he worked through it like a veteran should.

I'm happy for Zito. I used to love watching him pitch back when he had better stuff and that monster sweeping curve, so it was good to see him finally pitch for SF like a big money pitcher.

If Zito worked through his rough patches, well, Lance Lynn, I've seen him twice now this postseason, and my thoughts are that he has KILLER stuff, but he cannot pitch out of trouble. He gets a runner on and totally forgets the batter and how to throw strikes. Any Stl fans want shed any light on this guy? The Cards should have maybe pulled him sooner. That bullpen is nasty, and if you keep it a 1-0 or 2-0 game then maybe things work out different.

Bumgarner is supposed to start game 6 against Lohse. Has it really gotten to the point where team's ace type starters require a full five days rest during the postseason? Really? Both the guys should have pitched tonight with the Giants facing elimination and the Cardinals not wanting to go back to San Fran.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:58 AM   #540
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
That was the best Barry Zito has looked in seven years, or at least his curveball has looked. His fastball is practically nonexistent, he has Old Man Moyer type velocity, but the Cardinals couldn't read his curveball for crap tonight. So, hilariously enough, it looked like they were being blown away by 84mph fastballs. The man must have had about 20 swing-and-misses tonight. Cards had opportunities but he worked through it like a veteran should.

I'm happy for Zito. I used to love watching him pitch back when he had better stuff and that monster sweeping curve, so it was good to see him finally pitch for SF like a big money pitcher.

If Zito worked through his rough patches, well, Lance Lynn, I've seen him twice now this postseason, and my thoughts are that he has KILLER stuff, but he cannot pitch out of trouble. He gets a runner on and totally forgets the batter and how to throw strikes. Any Stl fans want shed any light on this guy? The Cards should have maybe pulled him sooner. That bullpen is nasty, and if you keep it a 1-0 or 2-0 game then maybe things work out different.

Bumgarner is supposed to start game 6 against Lohse. Has it really gotten to the point where team's ace type starters require a full five days rest during the postseason? Really? Both the guys should have pitched tonight with the Giants facing elimination and the Cardinals not wanting to go back to San Fran.
actually, madbum will not be pitching. it will be vogelsong pitching game 6 with cain possibly pitching a game 7. madbum's struggles his past couple starts have pushed him to the pen for now.

If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #541
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

well, just unloaded Bell. And Arizona eats two-thirds of his contract...Marlins get a crappy crap minor league player..

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ey...ung-to-oakland

Old 10-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #542
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Gotta make room for A-Rod.

Spill

Old 10-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #543
Poeman
Banned User

A move like A-Rod will bring some fans to that stadium

Old 10-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #544
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I thought Heath Bell would have been the key to shipping A-Rod to Miami. The deal won't work unless the Yankees take something remotely horrible back.

This is so depressing.....Cashman is saying that all coaches are safe, A-Rod wants to stay and they give Swisher a qualifying offer. Hopefully things change over the long winter or else 2013 is gonna suck ass.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #545
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I don't mind A-Rod staying but did they really give Swisher a qualifying offer?

Spill

Old 10-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #546
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I highly doubt A-Rod is going to be traded, or even that serious talks are going to happen.

And to be fair, the Yankees did have the best record this season with the team that they had. It's not like they sucked all season, just when it mattered most.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #547
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

I also want to see the Tigers win one, this coming from someone who rooted for the Cards against the Nationals.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:05 AM   #548
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I'll be rooting for the Tigers if my Giants don't pull off a 2nd epic comeback.

I'm not counting on it. Hoping for it, but not counting on it.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #549
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

It's funny because aside from the Yankees, all of the other teams that I would have wanted to see win eliminated early: Braves, Nationals, Reds, and Orioles.

I really thought it would be cool to see one of those teams win the World Series for the first time in a while for their franchise.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #550
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Yeah I was kinda hoping the Braves would win it for Chipper.

Closed Thread