The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 04:26 AM   #26
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 1

I heard somewhere that they don't plan to release the teaser (the one attached to TDKR) online.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #27
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Where did you hear that? Its very doubtful it won't end up online.

I bet its a right pain for a director tryin to cut a trailer, it can really make or break your movie.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 07-16-2012, 04:45 AM   #28
Project862006
Banned User

cant stop watching CC footage LOL i absolutely love it just in the teaser alone i get the feeling of character study,gravitas,emotional depth,powerful themes and subtlety

this is what i have always loved about nolan's film and may it be nolan's touch or snyder's sensibilities i absolutely love it

Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 AM   #29
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
cant stop watching CC footage LOL i absolutely love it just in the teaser alone i get the feeling of character study,gravitas,emotional depth,powerful themes and subtlety
I know I'm doing my girlfriends head in cause I keep putting it on

Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 AM   #30
sethypants
Banned User

Take note

Quote:
Fans in countries like Australia, New Zealand and elsewhere who were hoping to see the "Man of Steel" teaser trailer before their nothern hemisphere counterparts by watching screenings of "The Dark Knight Rises" on Thursday, July 19 will be disappointed with the following news.
A representatives from Event Cinemas has informed the Superman Homepage that the teaser trailer for "Man of Steel" will NOT screen in front of "The Dark Knight Rises" screenings until 2.00pm Friday, July 20 due to Warner Bros. wanting it to be a worldwide release in conjunction with the USA release.

So just to be clear, while "The Dark Knight Rises" is released to Australian cinemas on Thursday, July 19, one day ahead of its release in the USA, UK and Canada, you won't see the "Man of Steel" trailer if you're seeing "The Dark Knight Rises" in Australia on Thursday, July 19 or the morning of Friday, July 20. It will only be seen in screenings of "The Dark Knight Rises" from 2.00pm on Friday, July 20 onwards.
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=11652

Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #31
JAK®
Upstart

I'm not surprised at all. Trailers have never been attached to films overseas like they are in America.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:56 AM   #32
Silvermoth
Avenger

Oh okay. Never mind, I was going to see the Bat on Saturday anyway .

Besides, who goes to movies to see trailers anymore? That's what internet videos are for!

Well, that and the other thing...

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #33
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Oh okay. Never mind, I was going to see the Bat on Saturday anyway .

Besides, who goes to movies to see trailers anymore? That's what internet videos are for!

Well, that and the other thing...
Haha top post my man

Old 07-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #34
sethypants
Banned User

LOL. I'm going to the movies to see trailers. Im not a huge batman fan, but im a huge superman fan so I'll definitely watch DKR more than once.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #35
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Where did you hear that? Its very doubtful it won't end up online.

I bet its a right pain for a director tryin to cut a trailer, it can really make or break your movie.
It was mentioned in the first "First teaser trailer" thread.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #36
Project862006
Banned User

it said it will end up online just not before TDKR

Old 07-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #37
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Hmmm, well looks like I won't make it friday now after all, have to go saturday day time. At least I know for certain i'll see the trailer then

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 07-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #38
Naite22
Side-Kick

Just release that teaser online now.... Weren't it said to be released online tonight??

Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #39
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

Thumbs up Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethypants View Post

Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #40
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Hmmm, well looks like I won't make it friday now after all, have to go saturday day time. At least I know for certain i'll see the trailer then
So please help me out fellow Brits,what time will the MOS trailer be released in the UK on Friday?

It mentions 2:00pm USA time doesn't it,so the earliest the UK could get it would be after 7pm Friday evening?

I've got tickets for 1:45pm showing on Friday afternoon,is this too early,do I need to re book tickets for Saturday?

Help.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #41
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Anyone know if the MOS trailer will be playing with the IMAX screenings of TDKR? Not the IMAX theaters in movie theaters, but the REAL ones. Just curious, because I've gotten screwed out of seeing highly anticipated trailers before on IMAX and I hope I won't be this time.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #42
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Bloodstone View Post

Old 07-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #43
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Anyone know if the MOS trailer will be playing with the IMAX screenings of TDKR? Not the IMAX theaters in movie theaters, but the REAL ones. Just curious, because I've gotten screwed out of seeing highly anticipated trailers before on IMAX and I hope I won't be this time.
Whether it’s for technical reasons (they don’t typically make trailers in the IMAX format???) or something else, the word-on-the-net is not to expect the MOS teaser at a real IMAX screening of TDKR. Digital IMAX (“LieMax”) is a different question.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #44
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Nvrmind

Old 07-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #45
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Whether it’s for technical reasons (they don’t typically make trailers in the IMAX format???) or something else, the word-on-the-net is not to expect the MOS teaser at a real IMAX screening of TDKR. Digital IMAX (“LieMax”) is a different question.
Figures. Anything to screw the people who are paying extra.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #46
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Do they normally up-convert non-IMAX movies to IMAX stock and play the before IMAX movies? Because if they don't play trailers on a 'regular' projector in the same theater, it would mean printing a 35mm trailer up to the IMAX format, then splicing into an already complex movie reel arrangement on the theater's only projection system....much different than having them on an accompanying digital projector or slicing it into reel one of a regular projection. So if they don't play non-IMAX trailers in other real IMAX films, it would stand to reason that they won't just start with MOS.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 07-16-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #47
Crazymaverick
Obsessed with the \S/

Watched the footage.

Gave me goosebumps! Superman is back baby!

And it looks to be better than ever!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #48
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
So please help me out fellow Brits,what time will the MOS trailer be released in the UK on Friday?

It mentions 2:00pm USA time doesn't it,so the earliest the UK could get it would be after 7pm Friday evening?

I've got tickets for 1:45pm showing on Friday afternoon,is this too early,do I need to re book tickets for Saturday?

Help.
You don't need to rebook your tickets but you need to reboot them - It's a new thing.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #49
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
Do they normally up-convert non-IMAX movies to IMAX stock and play the before IMAX movies? Because if they don't play trailers on a 'regular' projector in the same theater, it would mean printing a 35mm trailer up to the IMAX format, then splicing into an already complex movie reel arrangement on the theater's only projection system....much different than having them on an accompanying digital projector or slicing it into reel one of a regular projection. So if they don't play non-IMAX trailers in other real IMAX films, it would stand to reason that they won't just start with MOS.
I'm not sure. I remember seeing the Watchmen trailer with TDKR on a real IMAX screen... was that movie shown in (real) IMAX? I don't remember.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #50
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
You don't need to rebook your tickets but you need to reboot them - It's a new thing.
lol,reboots everywhere!

But still,will Friday screenings in the UK have the MOS trailer?

Closed Thread